How to change the time on a Huawei phone
Features of changing the time on Honor
As with all Android phones, you can easily set the required date and time on Honor phones.
Their installation is possible in two main options:
|Set date and time automatically.||In this case, the phone usually takes the data from the mobile operator.|
|Setting the date and time manually (manually).||In this case, you will need to go to the phone settings and set the time zone, current date and time on your gadget yourself.|
How to set the time in Honor
As we mentioned above, setting the date and time incorrectly leads to problems when launching some programs on Honor, as well as when surfing the net. In the latter case, some sites may not open at all, and other web resources will be unstable.
Let’s see what methods of changing the time on mobile devices exist.
Good to know: how to record a phone call on Honor.
Using the Time widget on Honor
If your Honor has the Time widget, you can use it to quickly navigate to your phone‘s settings, allowing you to customize your data. To do this, you need to tap on the widget itself.
Huawei Y6 (2018): How to set up the date and the time? | works also for Y5, Y7 and Y9 (2018)
Tap on the widget itself Click on the “Settings” button below
After that, a list of alarms will open, and at the very bottom. the “Settings” button.
By tapping on it, you will go to the phone settings, and by clicking on “Date and time” you can configure them.
Change of location
Users can change the size of the clock. For this:
- Hold the widget on the home screen for a few seconds.
- Let go. White markers will appear around it.
- By moving the markers you can change the size.
You can also move the clock or delete it altogether.
- Press your finger on the clock widget on the home screen.
- Hold and drag to the place where you want.
- To move the time location to another screen, drag to the left or right side.
- To delete, drag the widget to the “Delete” field.
Lock your home screen to avoid accidentally deleting or relocating your watch.
Date And Time Settings Shortcut. helps to correctly set the watch on Honor
Go to the date and time settings on your Honor with a single tap
Its functionality allows you to go to the date and time settings on Honor with one tap and set them as you wish.
Set date and time thanks to the capabilities of the application
How to change date and time on Huawei Phone
The operation of this application greatly simplifies the work with the time settings, allowing you to set the desired parameters in just a few seconds.
This might be helpful: Why Honor won’t turn on.
Date And Time Settings Shortcut
The functionality assumes an instant transition to the “Date and Time” section, where the manipulations described above are carried out. You just need to go to the application and click on the central button “Open!”.
The way to change the parameters of the smartphone manually
The easiest way to set the watch correctly on Honor is as follows:
- Go to the settings of your phone by clicking on the “Settings” icon;
- Find the “System” section in the list of settings;
- In this section, select the item “Date and time”;
In this case, the automatic date and time option is activated.
After opening, we look whether the automatic date and time is used here (the option “Date and time of the network” is activated).
If not, then activate it, and after that the data from your operator will be automatically displayed.
Tap on “Time” and set the correct time
If yes, then deactivate this option and set the parameters manually. To do this, first tap on the “Date” item and set the correct current date. Then tap on the “Time” item, and set the value you need.
It is also worth activating the item “Time zone of the network” for the correct setting of the time zone.
After that, the correct time setting on your Honor will be completed.
How to set the time on the home screen on Honor and Huawei?
Now let’s take a step-by-step process of installing and editing information on the Android home screen.
How to Change Date and Time on Honor or Huawei Smartphones. Auto Adjust
The easiest option is to set auto time detection. The system, depending on your location, determines the current belt. To do this, go to the specified section again, located in the “System”.
In the window that opens, in the first line you will see the item “Auto-tuning”. Activate the option, after which the system will determine the time by cell towers.
Date and time settings shortcut
DATE AND TIME SETTINGS SHORTCUT is also highly rated by users in the official Google market.
The utility is also provided for free, works without ROOT, allows you to install a theme, demonstrates the exact meaning and allows you to manually change the parameters. Its functionality is simpler than that of the CLOCKSYNC program, it will not show notifications when the time indicator is shifted and does not support the NTP protocol.
Why does the time go astray on Honor and Huawei phones
There are several reasons due to which the clock on a smartphone is periodically shifted. The operator and the phone towers are not always to blame. In some cases, the problem may be hidden in the device itself.
As noted by users on the forums faced with the problem in question, the reason may lie in accumulated garbage or a system failure. For example, since the day of purchase, you have installed many applications, and you have never cleared the cache. Go through installed apps, especially those running in the background. The best option is to perform a Hard Reset, which will completely clear the entire system.
Turning off the time
The easiest way to turn off the date display is to flash your phone. But users should take into account that such actions do not always lead to the desired result, and the manufacturer does not allow changing the software. That is, in the event of a mistake, the owner of the gadget will no longer have the right to warranty service, so the possible repair of the device will be paid.
The instruction is quite simple and does not require any special experience. Initially, you must bring up the widget menu. To do this, hold down your finger on an empty area of the desktop and wait for the hidden parameters to appear.
At the bottom, select the widgets section.
Scroll through the line until you find “Clock”. Click on them and select the option you like from the proposed.
How to set the time on the home screen on Honor and Huawei?
Installing a clock on the main display of a smartphone is not difficult. Usually, they are already located on the home screen, and you can only replace their design, move them to the middle of the Honor screen or elsewhere.
The developers have implemented the NTP protocol, which (as noted at the beginning of the article) can accurately determine the time zone. Especially, the program is necessary for those users whose operators do not work with NITZ (it is an auto-synchronization of time). Thus, if you notice that the phone stops showing the correct value, then it is better to install CLOCKSYNC.
The application in question operates in two modes:
- Auto. Works only with activated superuser rights (ROOT). Ensures correctness down to 1-20 milliseconds.
- Manual. Can be used without ROOT. The user independently configures all values. The program compares the time with the one set in the phone. If the readings differ, then the utility will show an offset notification.
First, we advise you to configure the Lockscreen itself. To do this, in the “Settings” you need to move to the “Security” section, and in it. open the “Screen Lock” function.
If you select “None”, then you will not have a lock screen and you will not be able to place a widget on it by definition.
We suggest that you select “swipe” as the most convenient possible way to unblock. it will not take much time (compared to entering a pin code) to unblock.
Also, make sure your widget is enabled. in Settings. Security & Lock. Enable Widgets:
How to remove double time on the lock screen?
To make double clocks disappear, showing different times, you can:
- remove the widget that is responsible for displaying the time to the basket;
- change the theme in the settings and install the option without additional, unnecessary information;
- find the item “double clock” in the settings and deactivate it;
- use the theme designer, independently creating the optimal screen view (for advanced users).
There are no other methods to cope with the problem and achieve the desired result. Therefore, smartphone owners will have to choose from the above methods.
Lock screen features
The standard lock screen displays a beautiful picture, time, some kind of greeting. To go to its menu, you need to swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen, other directions in this mode are unavailable and will lead to a password request. The menu that appears at the bottom of the screen will display two rows of control icons. Among them there will definitely be functions for working with pictures:
- Stop. pauses the change of the picture on the lock screen each time it is reopened.
- Play. cancels the previous action. By selecting this function, the smartphone will show a different picture each time you press.
- Favorites. will add the currently displayed picture to the Favorites folder.
- Delete. free the phone memory from the current picture.
- Forward. allows you to send a screensaver screenshot in any way possible.
- Subscription. will help you to keep the picture you like on a permanent basis. In standard mode, they are deleted after 3 months from all folders, except “Favorites”.
In addition, the bottom row of the control panel will offer programs that do not require screen unlocking for their work. In most Huawei smartphones, this is a calculator, flashlight, timer and stopwatch.
Display the number of steps taken
The number of steps on the lock screen is set in the same way as the signature, only in the last paragraph you need to put the pedometer display icon. If the steps are not counted or are not displayed, then you need to tackle the “Huawei Health” settings, since this program is responsible for the pedometer.
Moving the time on the lock screen is not as easy as it seems to most users, since the EMUI shell used by Huawei and Honor has certain limitations. They can be called positive, since they bring order to the operation of the smartphone, but some features of the operating system make the use of the phone inconvenient. This also applies to self-placement of icons and time by the user.
Customize changing wallpaper
If you need to install an automatic theme replacement, you can go to the “Settings”:
- Enter the “Home screen and wallpaper” menu.
- Click “Unlock magazine”.
- Pick up subscriptions and photos needed for preview.
If the screen saver has not changed on the display, and the applications do not have the “Unlock magazine” value, then this setting can be started.
For correct operation of “Unlock magazine” you must:
- Go to the “Themes” menu.
- Select the proper “I” page.
- Click the “Customize” option.
- Select the style “Unlock magazine”.
- Then the Journal will resume.
How to Change Date and Time on Honor or Huawei Smartphones. Auto Adjust
To be sure of the accuracy of the time, and not to be late anywhere, set the auto-tuning of the clock. For convenience, they are placed on the home screen using a widget. The location of partitions and options depends on the firmware and OS version. Additional switches may be added in the new update.
- Find the “gear” icon and click on it. the “Settings” will open.
- Go to the “System” section, find the line “Date and time”.
- It is also possible to simplify your task by entering the required value in the search bar and clicking on the desired item.
- Usually, there is “Auto-tuning”, but if you noticed that the function does not cope with the task, configure it manually.
- To do this, you need to disable auto-tuning by dragging the slider into the inactive phase.
- You will see two new lines that change separately. “Date” and “Time”.
- To set the date, select the appropriate item and set the desired date, month and year.
- To set the time, drag the numbers until you set the exact hour and minutes, and confirm the decision by clicking “Ok”.
- In the same way, if necessary, the time zone is also changed.
In the case when you need to synchronize the clock with the network, and this task appears during a flight to a foreign country, activate the “Autotune” function again by dragging the slider in the opposite direction.
How to remove time from the lock screen?
The developers of Honor and Huawei smartphones did not provide a full opportunity to customize the desktop and lock screen, so there is not a single convenient way to completely remove the time from the display (although sometimes such a function is still present in the settings).
over, after updating Android to the latest version, users lost the ability to install third-party launchers that change the appearance of the screen, and therefore it is better to immediately leave the venture and accept the presence of the clock. But the most stubborn individuals can try to make changes to the device.
Removing the clock from the main screen
Is that annoying time left on the home screen? No problem! In this case, everything is much simpler for both types of devices. If you have not installed additional applications for displaying the clock, then removing them will not be difficult.
- Press on the clock of the main screen and hold.
- The widget editing menu appears.
- We drag the watch to the very top of the basket.
- Release the press and they will disappear.
- Press your finger on an empty spot on the screen until the settings mode appears.
- A cross will appear near the clock on the right. Click on it and the clock will be deleted.
- You may need to drag them to the trash can.
How to Change Date & Time in HUAWEI P30. Time Zone Settings
The actions are quite simple for an ordinary user, it’s just that nowhere is it written about it.
How to turn off the Android screen lock almost instantly, we will teach! Initially, the Android phone screen lock was designed to protect the phone from accidental touches, actions, display activation and thereby save battery power and unpleasant situations.