Which Antivirus Is Better For Windows 10
When connecting to the Internet, the user is always at risk, because there is always the opportunity to get malware onto your computer.
Those who have recently installed the new Windows 10 operating system have to worry about this. Therefore, today we will try to answer the urgent question of which antivirus is better to install on Windows 10.
After installing Windows 10, the user wonders if it is worth installing an antivirus on a PC. Such an interest is justified, since the new version of the operating system provides for a security service. Today it is called Windows Defender. But this is not a new development, but the Microsoft Security Essential antivirus known among users.
This program has established itself as a good fighter against malware, for which developers have received awards, including the VB100 from Virus Bulletin Ltd. Antivirus is suitable for ordinary users or small business owners. Microsoft Security Essential runs in the background and asks the user only if necessary measures are taken to find the threat.
This antivirus helps the computer cope with emerging problems, but its ability to block malware is not unlimited, as this is an example of basic protection. If you want to more reliably protect yourself from the actions of trojans, spies and other things, it is worth installing additional protection. It remains to figure out which anti-virus complex is better for Windows 10.
Free antivirus products
The built-in antivirus will faithfully and reliably serve if the computer does not become a targeted target of attackers, and its owner avoids visiting “dangerous” sites. But sometimes you have to download information from not the most trusted sources, so it’s safer to install something else. It’s not necessary to buy an expensive protective product. You can use a free analog.
Determining which free antivirus is best for Windows 10, you can pay attention to some of the most common options:
- Avira Antivirus Free 2015, according to the developers themselves, is “the best free antivirus.” It protects the user’s personal data from basic threats, including a virus attack and theft of confidential information. Prevents spyware, trojans, worms and viruses, and can scan data in the cloud in real time.
- Avg Free Antivirus 2015 is another popular option. It effectively fights all kinds of dangerous applications and scans links to suspicious emails and websites. It is possible to treat an already infected operating system.
- Panda Free Antivirus 2016 performs the entire set of actions listed for previous free defenders. Using the Recovery Set function, it is possible to reanimate the system, even if it does not boot.
- Avast Free Antivirus is also known to many PC owners. Among the advantages are simplicity and high speed. It prevents attacks on the home network and browser, cleans the computer of hacker applications.
- 360 Total Security. In this product, in addition to antivirus, there are tools for checking Wi-Fi network security, optimizing and cleaning the system.
Paid protection systems
Comprehensive advocates will also find options for themselves. Such developments have more and, in some cases, better functionality. If you need to choose which antivirus is best for Windows 10, then you can think about installing the following products:
- Eset NOD32 Smart Security 9 Beta (from 1 950 rub.). A new version of the respected “defender”, from which the improved version differs in the protection of Internet banking, support for network signatures, an updated user interface.
- Kaspersky Internet Security for all devices (from 1 800 rub.) Is another model of a product popular with users. Anti-virus prevents unwanted applications from entering the OS illegally, protects against data collection and monitors changes in the operating system.
- Dr.Web Security Space 11 (from 1 290 rub.). Refers to complex programs. It attracts PC owners by the presence of file and mail antivirus, parental control, preventive protection and anti-spam.
- Norton Security also belongs to the class of complex antiviruses. One of its features is five-level protection.
Table 1. Comparison of the functionality of popular free antiviruses.
|Functions||Avira Free Antivirus||AVG Antivirus Protection FREE||Avast Free AntiVirus||Panda Free Antivirus 2016||360 Total Security|
|Block malware and viruses|
|One control panel for all devices||–||–||–||–|
|Secure Online Shopping||–||–||–|
|Removable media protection|
|Wi-Fi Security Check||–||–||–||–|
|Cleaning temporary files||–||–||–||–|
|Blocking tracking via browser||–||–||–|
|Price comparison at purchase||–||–||–||–|
|Number of useful functions ()||nine||4||five||13||fourteen|
Some functions may not be integrated into the antivirus itself. If necessary, scanner modules and additional protection can be downloaded and installed from the manufacturers’ official websites.
The best antivirus according to the editors
It all depends on what risks you face when working at the computer:
- For users who are fond of various modifications for games and visit potentially dangerous sites (http connections, a large amount of advertising, executing malicious scripts), we recommend using the free Panda Free Antivirus 2016 antivirus. On its shoulders it carries a base that can compete with the same paid Kaspersky Internet Security for all devices. But great functionality uses not small system resources and you need to remember this.
- We recommend users who use the computer for work or leisure to pay attention to 360 Total Security antivirus. It performs not only protective functions (for example, protecting unauthorized access to a webcam), but also has the functions of caring in your arsenal (cleaning garbage files and the registry).
According to the editors, the best version of antivirus software for a computer with Windows 10 is to install Avast Free Antivirus. Yes, he does not have much functionality, like his competitors, but at the same time he has all the standard antivirus functions and does not load the system. Also, its advantages include:
- Shareware (you can use both the free version and purchase a paid subscription, which will allow you to get the maximum level of protection);
- When upgrading to Windows 10 from older versions, the antivirus does not need to be reinstalled. It will do this automatically in the background;
- Constant release of updates, which provides a high degree of protection;
- The ability to flexibly configure the program;
- Full system scan takes no more than 15 minutes.
Also, Avast Free Antivirus has some disadvantages:
- Can not be used for business. Only at home;
- The need to renew registration once a year.
It’s hard to know which antivirus is best for Windows 10 unless you test it. The parameters for evaluating the quality of the program are:
- Comfort of use. It takes into account how clear the interface is, whether the antivirus is easily configured;
- Os delay. The speed of the system’s functioning is taken into account after the start of the defender program;
- Antivirus reliability. Perhaps the most difficult-to-test criterion is how well this antivirus protects.
Of course, paid protection systems win in terms of reliability, but whether you need such increased protection is up to you. Experience has shown that free software works just as well as paid software. The main thing is to take these parameters into account when choosing, then working on a computer will be pleasant and safe.