How To Make Internet On The Phone
How to set up the Internet on a Huawei and Honor phone? Access to the network is one of the main needs of a modern person. In the “online” mode in 2020, meetings, acquaintances, training lectures and even work are held. The World Wide Web has become not just a place for games and entertainment, but also the main source of income for people from different countries. If you just recently became the owner of a smartphone, but this instruction will help to understand the modes and commands.
How to set up mobile Internet on Honor and Huawei phones
Modern Honor and Huawei provide several connection options:
- To the Wi-fi point;
- To mobile internet.
In addition, you indicate the type of feed, operator settings, security keys for the router. Next, we consider in more detail all the options.
Select the desired SIM card
If you use mobile traffic, it is important to choose an operator. In 2020, almost all Android gadgets are released with two SIM cards, and the owner chooses priority himself. To select a SIM card, use the instructions:
- Enter the settings (through the gear on the desktop or the curtain);
- Go to the wireless section;
- Go down to the bottom of the list;
- Select a section, click on it;
- Please indicate your preferred carrier.
These settings are automatically changed only when the primary SIM is removed. In other cases, you must specify the parameter manually. If you have one SIM installed, skip this step.
Universal 3G and 4G settings
The second step is to adjust the feed rate. Instruction:
- Enter the wireless connection section;
- Select priority type;
- The system offers 2G, 3G, 4G, sometimes 4.5G;
- Just click on the one you want to use.
2G. This is a low generation network. Now such coverage remains in remote villages, and places where towers do not reach. This analogue radio signal is very slow and takes pages to load for a long time. We recommend using it if more modern alternatives are not available.
3G. A newer generation, but in 2020 it also faded into the background. Here, the packet transfer rate is slightly higher, but even low-qualitys on YouTube will be problematic to watch.
4G. The most common choice today. In 2020, 4G coverage is available in almost all cities and areas. It is in no way inferior to high-speed wire flow or satellite communications. Quickly loads sites, multimedia,. We advise you to choose it as your preferred type.
4.5g Is the last word in the world of mobile traffic. This is better than the fourth generation, but there is coverage only in large cities.
Manual Internet connection on a smartphone
Usually, after choosing the generation of the network, the transmission turns on automatically. But if your phone is not configured, you will have to contact the operator and set up the function.
There are more than ten mobile service providers in the Russian Federation. The most popular are representatives of the Big Four.
If you have any questions or have complaints. Please let us know
- Tele 2. To get automatic settings, go to the profile section on the site. If this is not possible, send a free empty SMS to the short number 679. The settings are as follows: name. Tele2 Internet, home page. Www.M.Tele2.Ru, proxy. Disabled, connection channel. GPRS, APN access point. Internet.Tele2.Ru, other fields are empty.
- Megaphone. To receive individual presets, either contact the operator, or enter the following parameters: Name. “Megafon”, APN point. “internet”, leave user login keys blank or write “gdata” there. Remember to save the changes.
- MTS The first option is to send a free blank message to 1020. In response, you will be sent presets that you use and save for your gadget. The second option is to call 111. If you are a “Prepayment” subscriber, then call 1040001.
- Beeline. Send a blank SMS to number 06503. In response, a notification comes with individual settings for your model. Accept them and save.
If you are a subscriber of another operator, contact the hotline and specify your connection conditions.
Operators of Ukraine
Ukrainian mobile providers also require manual settings from customers. Let’s analyze the most popular companies.
- Vodafone. To get manual presets, type 1236 # on your keyboard. The second option. Send the word “INTERNET” to the system number 123. Within 5 minutes, a reply SMS will be sent to the phone.
- Lifecell. Here, the requirements, like those of colleagues from Vodafon, are a combination of 1236 # or “INTERNET” to system number 123.
- Kyivstar. Go to settings, and write the following parameters: APN. Internet. Name and password. Leave blank.
Most often, the latest phone models already have universal input settings. If so, then just lower the curtain, and click on the arrows of the mobile transmission.
How to enable mobile Internet on Huawei and Honor
Step-by-step instructions on how to turn on the Internet on a Huawei and Honor phone:
- Lower the curtain;
- Click on the icon with two arrows (up and down);
How to speed up slow internet 3G and 4G
If the standard speed is small, then many operators have a special service “Turbo button”. Check the conditions of its connection with your mobile provider. Its principle is the same for all companies. Optimizing and increasing the speed of traffic transfer. Related applications are located on Google Play.
How to make the appearance of Internet speed?
If you want the traffic speed to be displayed in the status bar, follow the instructions:
- Go to the “Other screen settings” settings section;
- Select “Display speed”.
Disable mobile network
To deactivate the transmission, lower the shutter and click on the arrow icon. If it is not highlighted, then you have turned off the Internet connection. We advise you to do so if you do not plan to use it in the near future. This will significantly save your traffic and battery power.
Low speed and quality of mobile Internet is a common unpleasant feature of this type of communication. Information is transmitted using a cellular signal, which can be caught directly by the user’s phone or a special set-top box, modem, router, which distribute communication to several devices at once. However, if the digital signal is weak, then there will be nothing to distribute.
You need to know what you can do to increase, amplify and improve the quality of the received signal. What software and hardware can be used for this, how to amplify the Internet signal on a phone or other received device.
What is a cellular network signal?
The cellular network operates in such a way that a high-frequency radio channel is created between the subscriber’s telephone and the operator’s tower, the range of which is in the range from 500 to 2700 megahertz. The specified channel is capable of transmitting various types of data, which include SMS messages, voice data, access to the global network.
Important! To ensure all functions, operators apply various communication standards, which differ in frequency and equipment used.
The towers or base stations of the operators are installed in such a way as to ensure continuous and high-quality signal reception at different distances. Access to the network is in the room (apartment or house, car, train). The signal can be accessed within the city, in the village, at the dacha and other settlements, as well as outside them.
However, not always and everywhere the quality of the received signal will be as clear as possible. When there are various obstacles in the form of buildings and structures, forests, landings, ravines and other obstacles along its path, a good signal weakens from each new one.
The longest range within which the phone can pick up a signal pretty well:
- For a settlement within seven kilometers;
- Outside the village within thirty kilometers.
Note! Range is indicated for the GSM standard. Another format, CMDA boasts a 2-fold increased distance, while LTE is reduced as much.
You can identify the dependence, which says, the higher the frequency of the signal, the shorter the range it can provide. In the process of attenuating the transmitted signal, places may appear where there is no connection at all. The most common places with no connection:
- Basements, underground structures, parking. In such places it is almost impossible to find a connection;
- Apartments and offices in old houses with thick walls;
- Holiday villages and houses in the suburbs. The signal is lacking due to the distance from the sources;
- Industrial zones. There is no connection due to the large amount of concrete and steel;
- High-rise buildings. Above the 14th floor, communication may be absent due to interference.
Causes of Bad Internet
Before searching for tools that will tell you how you can improve your mobile Internet signal in various conditions, it is recommended that you study the reasons why the signal may be bad. Signal quality is reduced due to:
- The presence of bumps in the terrain (ravines, hills, mountains);
- Buildings and constructions;
- A large amount of metal and concrete;
- A lot of interference from other frequency emitters;
- User movement. The higher the speed of movement, the worse the quality of the connection.
Signal Dependence on Terrain
Important! Poor signal quality may also be due to malfunctions in the user equipment or the operator’s base station.
How to measure
Smartphones that work with the support of the Android operating system are most widely used around the world. Using this gadget, you can measure the signal that the device receives.
Mobile devices and the signal that is supplied to them from the base station is carried out using radio waves operating in the AM / FM bands. The unit of measurement for this indicator is the decibel. Any tablet or phone that is connected to the Internet from a mobile operator works with the support of this standard. The signal level is measured in a negative order and ranges from −50 to −120 decibels. At the same time, −50 provides maximum quality, and −120. The area where it is completely absent.
Any owner of such a device can find out how many DBs a particular phone catches on Android. To do this, do: “Settings”. “About the phone”. “General information”. “Signal strength”.
Note! The indicated path may differ, section names may be different. It all depends on the version of the operating system, manufacturer and brand of the device.
The signal transmission is that the phone sends a request and receives a response from the base station of the operator. The farther the tower is, or the more obstacles there are on the way, the worse and longer the signal will come. If both participants in the process are located within line of sight and without barriers, then the quality of communication will be as ideal as possible. This applies to both calls, SMS, and mobile Internet.
When obstacles and various large objects appear on the map, the quality will decrease depending on the size and number of such objects. The simplest recommendations with which you can enhance access to the global network:
- It is recommended to go outside and measure the quality of the connection there. Concrete walls or internal metal structures that prevent the signal from entering may interfere with the transfer of information;
- It is desirable that the area is not surrounded by forests, hills and mountains, as well as deep ravines. In a city, any building and structure greatly affects quality;
- Perhaps the connection speed has decreased due to geomagnetic storms or worsening weather. Rainfall and thunderstorms also have a big impact.
The farther the distance from the base station, the worse the connection. A map of towers from the applicable operator can help. You can measure the quality of the received signal in the immediate vicinity of the station. It may be possible to direct the signal amplifier of the Internet for the phone towards the nearest tower.
It is desirable that the user’s device is at a distance from other phones, routers and others. Even a microwave oven can dramatically change the quality of the connection if it is not far from the phone. It is better to put the modem or phone on the window, where concrete and metal interfere the least.
Few people know, however, the number of divisions indicating the charge of a smartphone can also affect the speed of data transfer in a cellular network. If the phone has a low energy level, then the battery may not be enough to find a better connection. Improving the quality of the connection will help to fully charge the device.
Previously, almost all mobile phones had a physical antenna, which was visible on the case externally. Modern devices are made with an antenna hidden in the case. It is used to receive and send a signal to the operator’s cell tower.
When the device is in an upright position in the hand, the hands may cause additional interference to communication as they close the antenna. It is advisable to keep the device upright, it is believed that this contributes to better signal quality. Any other phone cases and accessories may cause additional interference.
Changing the position of the antenna can affect signal quality. You can twist the phone in different directions and find the best location.
Settings using software
There are a large number of programs and applications whose activities are aimed at improving the quality of network connections. Their functionality does not have the ability to amplify the received signal. However, they can contribute to increased network performance.
- Faster Internet 2X;
- Internet speed master;
- Speed Optimizer et al.
You can consider the algorithm of work on the example of the latter. Speed Optimizer. The software can be installed on various operating systems for telephones. The activity algorithm is quite simple. The user can change some parameters of the connection, for example, the largest load and its speed. Thus, you can achieve maximum balance by limiting one and expanding the powers of the other.
You can make changes to the GPRS class, increase stability or speed.
Note! When working on a mobile network, the program quickly reduces the battery level.
The most effective method of signal amplification is hardware. In this case, special antennas and electronic amplifiers are responsible for improving the quality, which together guarantee the greatest effect. In the room, an amplifier and two antennas will help to improve the connection, one of them is taken out to the street, and the second remains in the room. The principle of operation is as follows:
- The outdoor antenna is installed at maximum height. This contributes to more coverage than a mobile phone can. Concrete walls and metal will not interfere with the signal;
- A second catcher is installed indoors;
- An amplifier should be installed between the devices, which increases the signal power and helps to reduce losses in the wire.
A repeater or repeater is a device that is designed to ensure maximum quality of the received and sent cellular signal. These are more advanced devices, unlike antennas. The cost of a simple repeater starts from 8 thousand rubles.
Even the simplest devices provide quality coverage on two hundred square meters. Expensive and advanced repeaters are able to create a good connection within the whole building or office, the dimensions of which far exceed the standard home parameters.
However, great attention should be paid to the correct installation of such amplifiers. This can be done independently, saving on the services of third-party representatives. It is important to follow these rules:
- An external antenna is mounted externally. The directional type should look towards the base station;
- The internal one is placed indoors, at a height that is more than five meters below the external antenna;
- Both catchers are connected by wire and repeater;
- The repeater is installed away from moisture and household frequency emitters.
If the location of the operator’s base station cannot be determined, then the help of one person is required. It is necessary to rotate the external antenna and ask an assistant to monitor the signal level. When it turns out to be the best, you need to fix the antenna.
On the market you can find many different stickers that are installed under the cover of the smartphone and enhance the connection. They are made in the form of a thin plate with a pattern of metal strips. It is generally accepted that they contribute to better capture, but the effectiveness of the devices has not been proven. Most users do not see any effect from the application.
Do-it-yourself 3G, 4G antenna for a smartphone is an effective device that you can do yourself. There are many ways, from a steel can, in which one bottom needs to be cut and inserted into the modem, to more complex devices. For example, a directional antenna gun.
To build the latter you need:
- Cut copper discs of various diameters;
- Screw each of the disks onto special studs;
- Connect the wires to the last two plates;
- Connect the design to the modem.
Important! Materials for assembly and a complete process with a description can be found on the global network.
You can amplify the global network signal for a smartphone in many ways. The easiest way is to find the nearest tower and avoid obstacles that may interfere with the quality of the connection. It is recommended that you try to solve the problem using various amplification programs. The greatest efficiency can provide only hardware devices in the form of antennas, amplifiers and repeaters. With the help of a good amplification system, it is possible to provide a stable and fast signal to a large area of a shopping center or office. The main thing is to follow the rules and recommendations for the installation and configuration of equipment. The antenna can be assembled with your own hands, many schemes are presented.