How To Set Up Weather On Huawei
The screen lock performs two main functions: protecting user data in case of loss of the device and protection against phantom clicks when carrying the phone in your pocket. The functionality of smartphones with the release of the new EMUI has expanded greatly, so it’s worth discussing in more detail how to set up the lock screen on Honor and Huawei and what new features have been added to EMUI 8 and EMUI 9.
Functions for controlling the lock screen
In addition to the protective function, the Honor and Huawei display locks have a number of other characteristics created for convenient device control no password required or fingerprint scan. The style of the phone’s lock screen can be changed as you wish and this is also one of the “chips” of EMUI.
EMUI allows the use of the following features:
- Change in appearance, including fonts, pictures, clock and icon locations.
- Shoot instantly even on a locked device.
- Display a number of widgets.
- Counting steps taken if the pedometer is on.
- Displays the signature to be broadcast.
- Answers to incoming calls.
- The inclusion of various pre-installed essential programs.
Setting up each function requires following the step-by-step instructions outlined below. In case of an unsuccessful result without the ability to restore the original data yourself, you can always return to the factory settings. All previously installed functions will work as before.
Huawei and Honor lock screen settings. Change lock screen style
Change affects not only the display image, but also its overall functionality. Some themes display additional widgets that can be used without unlock. The functionality of other topics is very limited: only the number of steps taken, time and signature are displayed.
Lock screen on Android from Huawei can be changed in two ways:
- Through the basic settings.
- Using the Themes app.
Before changing the style of the lock screen, decide on a method convenient for you. Depending on it, act within the framework of the instructions given. Settings is the main way to make changes to the phone’s functionality.
To make changes you must:
- Launch Settings.
- Select the Home screen and wallpaper tab.
- Click on “Themes”, wait for downloads and explore offers from Huawei.
Via the Themes app
To install one of the types of design you need:
- Click on the offer.
- At the bottom of the page that opens, select “Download.”
- Wait for the download and then click on “Apply”.
- After that, the application will be minimized and the selected appearance will be applied.
You can hide information from notifications only through Settings. Full concealment without display is allowed., concealment of confidential information or full display.
To hide it is necessary:
- Launch Settings.
- Go to the “Notifications” tab.
- Click on “Notifications on.”.
- Select the desired type of display.
Put changing wallpaper
You can configure automatic wallpaper change through Settings, this requires:
- Select “Home screen and wallpaper”.
- Click on “Unlock Log.”
- Choose the subscriptions and photos you want to see.
If the images on the lock screen do not change, and the “Unlock Log” is not in the settings, then this menu item can be enabled.
To enable the “Unlock Log” you need:
- Launch Themes.
- Click on the “I” tab below.
- Select the “Configure” menu item.
- Click on the “Unlock Log” Style.
- After that, the Journal will return.
You can only move time to Huawei when replacing the general theme of the smartphone through “Themes”. The screenshots above show how the position of the watch changes and new functionality is added. Clock movement and design changes possible on all phones without exception, including Honor 10, junior and senior models, flagships of the Mate series and photo flags of the P series.
Make a signature
The signature on the phone’s lock screen is enabled through Settings:
- In the settings, select “Home screen and wallpaper.”
- Click “Signature.”
- Enter text.
- Click “Save”.
Print the number of steps taken
The number of steps on the lock screen is set in the same way as the signature, only in the last paragraph you need to put the display icon of the pedometer. If the steps are not counted or not displayed, then you need to do the “Huawei Health” settings, since it’s this program is responsible for the pedometer.
What else can you do with a locked Honor and Huawei phone
In addition to the changing image with the screen lock turned on, there are other “tricks”. It should be noted that each of the features may or may not work depending on the menu style used.
You can use a locked phone to:
- answer incoming calls, which is common for all phones regardless of the OS;
- quick shot. quick double-click volume down;
- quick access to the recorder, calculator, flashlight, stopwatch and camera for scanning a QR code: you can access if you swipe up on the display;
- alarm settings, through quick access to the stopwatch, you can also set a timer in it.
Answers to popular questions. How to make a screen lock screen on Huawei? . How to hide information on a locked screen? . Why is it always necessary to enter a password after a reboot?
With the next EMUI update, new features and nice little things will be introduced to help users make life easier. Remember, before changing the lock screen, familiarize yourself with all the features of the styles and apply only those that really suit you.