How To Connect A Smartphone To A Philips Tv
Manufacturers of telephones and televisions have come up with dozens of ways to connect devices to each other. Smartphones and TVs from simple devices turned into computers of various configurations.
Why connect the phone to the TV
There is an opportunity to combine their functionality in order to:
- View games, photos ors from your smartphone on the big screen;
- listen to music through an audio system connected to the TV;
- manage what is happening on the TV from the touch screen of the mobile phone.
The only goals of such a connection are convenience and visibility.
How to connect your phone to your Philips TV wirelessly
Wireless and wired methods are available for connection. For the latter, data transfer modules are used:
often they work with the first option from the list. How to quickly connect a smartphone to a TV without wires, see the.
The option is suitable for those who decide to control a smart TV from their phone. The application provides such features:
- channel switching;
- volume change;
- application launch;
- text input;
- file reception;
- mouse control;
Philips Consumer Lifestyle is free. To work through the mobile application, the TV and the phone must be on the same local network.
The developer positions his program as a complete replacement for the remote control.
Philips MyRemote application helps smartphones synchronize not only with TV devices, but also with other devices of the company. sound systems, players and products of the Streamium line.
To configure the Virtual Remote:
- Open the program.
- Select your device type. Among the possible devices are not only televisions, but also audio systems, air conditioners, consoles, players, cameras and projectors.
- Select the make and model of the TV.
Try to drive. Do not forget about the important principle. all participants in the interaction must work through one router.
Rare models of modern smartphones are equipped with an infrared transmitter. It is useful in order to replace the remote control by 100%, because it works with the same data channel.
You just have to choose a shell to use the capabilities of the infrared transmitter. There are many options in the collections of mobile applications. download and try.
To configure, select the device type, model and brand. The advantage of IR solutions is that you do not depend on the availability of Wi-Fi or a wired Internet connection in the house. Your TV may not have smart features at all and will still understand the commands from your smartphone.
Philips modern smart TV models and smartphones have a Wi-Fi direct function for launching mobile device files on a large screen.
This feature is integrated into the operating systems of most modern Android devices. On older versions of the software, it is missing.
The main advantage of Wi-Fi direct is that you do not need to install a router and organize a local network for it. 2 devices are connected to each other directly via a wireless communication channel.
How to connect to a TV from a smartphone via Wi-Fi, see the.
Miracast transfers the image from the screen of the smartphone to the TV using Wi-Fi Direct. The ability meets the requirements of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Miracast’s goal is to stream data. This function is probably on your TV device, if you bought it after 2013, more specifically check the availability on the manufacturer’s website.
If Miracast is not on your TV, buy a special set-top box or portable media player for it. He will think for an old TV and speed up the system. Among the available options are wired, wireless and gaming offers.
Using Miracast, you can transfer content with quality up to Full High Definition, which corresponds to a resolution of 1920 × 1080.
One way to watch a on a TV is to upload it to YouTube and then open it online. To do this, download the hosting application through the TV system. It is available for both Android, native firmware and IOS.
You can transfer the YouTube opened on the smartphone directly to the big screen. To do this, use the Digital Living Network Alliance technology. To start the function, connect the TV model and the mobile device to the same network via a router, open the of interest and click on the button with the icon. If you did everything correctly, the system will find the TV among the available options.
The button for broadcasting is usually located in the viewing area.
Connect using Chromecast
Google Chrome programs let you stream what’s happening in your browser tabs with the Chromecast feature. It is available for computers, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
The used platform for Chromecast does not matter, broadcasting is possible from Android, IOS, Windows or MacOS. To start the function on the phone:
- Open a browser.
- Click on the sandwich menu button in the form of three vertical dots at the top of the screen.
- Select and connect the device to transfer.
- Click on the broadcast start button with the icon.
The opportunity is available for any multimedia files.s, photos, music.
To use Chromecast with download the program.
For a list of routers that Google recommends using for their software, see the company’s page.
Apple has developed a universal technology for the iPhone and iPad to stream content to the big screen. To do this, the American corporation offers to buy their Apple TV set-top boxes or use special software.
Unlike other methods of solving the problem of broadcasting to the big screen, it is Apple, here we can do without an intermediary device. To do this, download AirPlay Server on MacOS or Windows. Install it and follow the instructions:
- Run the program on the PC.
- Open the lower quick curtain on your mobile device. To do this, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the AirPlay button at the bottom of the curtain.
- Select the computer you want to connect on the phone.
- Select the IPhone or iPad of interest on the PC to connect.
- Turn on mirroring in AirPlay Server.
This is the easiest way to broadcast content on TV from Apple.
Not only Apple, but also Samsung offers software for broadcasting what is happening on the screens of mobile devices. The Korean company uses the Smart View module for this. He integrated into the operating system, so you do not need to install anything separately. To run a function:
- Make sure the mobile and stationary devices are on the same local network.
- Open the top quick access curtain. To do this, swipe the screen from top to bottom.
- Scroll the screens from right to left until you find the item “Smart View”.
- Open the desired shortcut menu item.
- Select a device to connect from the list.
If you did everything correctly, the Smart View icon in the quick menu will turn blue.
The Chinese counterpart of the two previous software products. Suitable for mobile devices under the brands of Huawei and Honor.
The item is located in the upper curtain, it is called “Wireless Projection”.
To select a TV, follow the “Projection”. “Wireless Projection” route and select the option you want to display.
When working with Mirror Share, you may need additional TV settings. Turn on “Wireless device connection” if the mobile application does not see the desired screen.
How to connect a TV to a telephone by wire
To increase response speed and minimize software settings, use wired connections to Philips TVs. There are 3 options:
- USB. open the phone data, as on an ordinary flash drive;
- HDMI. for high-quality high-speed data transfer;
- Apple solution. the corporation has its own connectors and offers.
We will describe in order.
When connecting a smartphone to a computer or TV, it prompts the user to select the type of connection. To enter the desired settings item:
- Open the curtain, to do this, swipe your finger from top to bottom.
- Click on the item that suggests choosing the type of USB connection.
- Select “Storage”.
After that, a new source will appear in the TV. USB. Its use is identical to working with a regular USB flash drive or HDD.
Also use the “MTP” mode to transfer multimedia files. It is suitable for working with modern TVs even more than the “Drive” mode.
Today they sell hundreds of adapters and adapters that are made from a HDMI telephone jack. Among the options are:
- offers for mobile USB Type-C and microUSB;
- adapters that plug into an HDMI plug or socket;
- technical solutions that work with Mobile High-Definition Link and Slimport standards.
The essence of the connection is the same as for USB. As a result, you need to select the HDMI connector used among the signal sources on the TV.
Lightning AV Adapter
For the iPhone, the manufacturer offers special adapters; they connect the American Lightning connector with HDMI.
The principle of operation is simple:
- Connect the HDMI cable to the adapter.
- Connect the TV model and mobile device with the appropriate ends of the cable adapter kit.
- In the TV settings, select the source corresponding to the connected HDMI port.
The disadvantage of this method is the need to buy an additional device.
To connect to a TV, Apple offers a more common intermediary device. a personal computer or laptop. To implement such a scheme, install the special iOS Screen Recorder program on your PC.
It is important to fulfill two conditions:
- phone and computer are connected to the same local network;
- The PC connects to the TV via VGA or HDMI connectors, i.e. uses a TV like a monitor.
After installing the program remains:
- Run the software on a stationary device.
- Go to the Smartphone Control Center.
- Indicate the required data in the AirPlay block.
- Select full screen display mode.
The advantages of this connection method:
- Available for a wide range of iOS versions
- Allows you to record, and not just show what is happening on your mobile device.
Another program from Apple, AirBeamTV, may act as iOS Screen Recorder, but it is only suitable for computers developed by the corporation itself. Macbook and iMac.
With wired and wireless connections to TVs, problems arise, consider the most common in the table.
Table 1. Connection Issues
If nothing has changed, check on the manufacturer’s website whether the used TV model supports working with a mobile application.
Make sure that on the connected mobile device, the OS is at least Android 4.0.3 or iOS 8.0.
Make sure that the application installed on the smartphone does not require updating.
Check all connection nodes, perhaps one of the nodes is disconnected. Check the integrity of the cables involved in the data transfer.
Be sure to select the correct connector number in the “Source” section of the TV.
Try reconnecting your smartphone to another connector on the TV.
To find the “Projection”, “Smart View” or any other item, simply enter the desired name in the search.
Connecting your phone to your computer is easy. Some manufacturers integrate additional features for this in their mobile models. For other solutions, the client will have to tune. To do this, use our article.