The computer does not see the connected phone what to do
What to do if the computer does not see the phone via USB?
It is customary to use a USB cable to transmit data from phone to computer to computer. But sometimes when connecting a smartphone via a USB, the computer does not see this device. Such a problem can be due to a malfunction of both the phone itself and PC. Is it possible to solve the problem yourself or whether you need to contact the service center in which the phone repair is carried out
If the computer does not see the phone via USB, you first need to diagnose a mobile device. The smartphone may not connect to PC for several reasons at once. Most often this is due to errors in the system settings of the phone. Another common cause of this problem may be a failure in the work of an OS smartphone. This problem usually occurs immediately after the stitching of the phone, cleaning from viruses, removal of applications, etc.D.
To understand that the reason is precisely in the mobile device, you must try to connect this phone to another PC. If the smartphone is still not determined, the problem probably arises due to it. An alternative way to check is to connect another phone to this computer.
If the problem is the settings of the smartphone, then it can be solved quite quickly. To do this, go to the Setter Settings section to a computer. There will be offered several options for connecting a smartphone:
Each of these modes is designed to perform different tasks. If the user is faced with the task of transmitting information from the phone to the computer (or vice versa), he needs to select the mode “USB-drive” or “Media-device”. If, after this action is performed, the computer still does not see the phone, the user needs to continue to search for the causes of the problem and ways to eliminate it.
In some smartphones based on Android, such a problem may be due to the operation of the modem mode. In such phones, this parameter controls not only the modem, but also connecting the device to the computer. To eliminate this problem, you must go to the “Wireless Networks” section and enable the modem mode. If it is already turned on, then the user can turn it off and try to re.Connect to the computer.
In the settings of smartphones there is also a tab “for developers”. In this tab, you can try to debug the work of the smartphone on USB. If such a solution did not allow the problem, the user does not have many options left. Firstly, it can delete the applications after the installation of which this malfunction arose. Secondly, you can drop an OS of a smartphone to factory settings. But the best way to solve such a problem is to seek the help of service specialists who can diagnose the exact cause of the problem and eliminate it as soon as possible.
The problem can be not only in the settings, but also in the physical condition of the smartphone. For example, there may be problems with the connection connector. Even on the highest quality smartphones, the connectors often shake and break. This problem arises due to the frequent operation of these connectors. Another reason may be a loosening or damage to the connector resulting from the fall of the gadget. Regardless of the reasons, such a malfunction can be eliminated only in the service center. Usually it is eliminated by replacing the connector.
Sometimes simple problems arise. For example, the smartphone does not connect due to contamination of the connector. This malfunction is eliminated very simply. By cleaning the connector.
Connecting connecting settings
First of all, you need to see in what mode the USB port works on the smartphone itself. Pull out and connect the cable to the computer again. Now brush your finger from top to bottom to call the “curtain” menu. Here you should see the item “Charging the device via USB”. Click on it. After that, select “Drawing files”.
If this item is not in the “curtain”, then you can find it. We go into “Settings” and open the “Bluetooth” section and connection of devices ”.
Now we open the USB or “USB Settings” subsection. Next, set the desired configuration.
NOTE! If this paragraph is not here, and you could not switch to the “file transfer” mode, then we look at the next chapter.
After that, open the conductor or “my computer” and press your smartphone among devices and disks.
After that, you should see one or two drives. If there are two of them, then one is responsible for the internal memory, and the second for the SD card.
Each such drive has a large number of such folders that are created by the system itself. In fact, everything is quite simple. If you need to download a photo from the camera, open the “DCIM” folder. The Pictures folder usually stores downloaded pictures and screenshots.
What to do so that a computer or laptop will see the phone
What to do if the computer does not see the phone? For this, priority and proven decisions are provided:
- Restore the mobile device. After rebooting, the required parameters may turn on.
- It is important that the accumulative regime is included. After connecting via USB, a notice will appear at the top of the screen. Spend the screen and go to the settings menu. It is necessary that the gadget becomes a drive.
- If only charging occurs, and the PC does not see the phone, disconnect the wire, turn off the mobile phone, pull out the battery if the case is not lit. Wait 5 minutes and collect the device. Turn on the smartphone and connect to PC.
- Reset the operating system to factory settings. Do this only in extreme cases, because after the procedure all data from the phone will be deleted.
If you go to the phone settings, you can find a few useful functions that will help check if the computer sees a smartphone. Set up a smartphone as a modem to distribute a mobile network to other devices. Activate the modem mode using a special button in the upper curtain of notifications or in the general access settings menu. On Android, try to activate USB debugging. You will do it like this:
7 Ways to Fix a Computer That Can’t Find or Connect to Wifi (Windows 10 Laptops & Desktops)
- In the settings go to the “On the phone” section.
- Find the assembly number of the smartphone and click on it several times until the system notifies that the developer mode is activated.
- The “Developer Regime” or “For Developers” section will appear in the settings menu. Find it in additional settings.
- Open the USB debugging section and activate it. This can help the computer find the phone.
First of all, check the operability of the cable and connectors: Pixabay
Apple website shows such actions that will help connect iPhone, iPad or iPod to PC:
- Make sure the mobile device is turned on, unlocked, and the main screen is open.
- Check that the latest version of iTunes or finder is installed. Update Windows programs in the Microsoft Store store or download the installer from the official website of Apple.
- If you use finder, open the application settings and select the “lateral panel”. Make sure that the “CD, DVDs and IOS devices” are installed. Press and hold the Option key, then select the “System Information” in the Apple menu. In the list on the left, select USB. If you see your iPhone, iPad or iPod in a USB device tree, update MacOS or install the latest updates.
- Choose that the phone trusts the connected computer if you jump out the corresponding notification.
- Restart the computer and smartphone.
- Check the operability of cables and connectors.
- Unlock the iPhone, open the main screen, connect it via a USB cable to the computer (close itunes if it opens when connecting).
- Through the “Start” menu or Windows Search Open the Device Manager.
- Scroll down and click the “portable devices” tab (it can also be called “Image processing devices” or “other devices”).
- Click the right mouse button to the driver option representing the iPhone. This can be written as “Apple iPhone”, “Apple Mobile Device” or “Apple Mobile Device USB Driver”.
- Select “update the driver” in the upper part, and then the option of automatic search.
In extreme cases, drop the OS to factory settings.
Information about the possible reasons for the non.Component of the phone to the computer will help to quickly eliminate the problem. If nothing happens or help is still required, take the phone or PC (depending on where the problem was found) to the service center for diagnosis and repair.
Subscribe and learn about the fresh news of Kazakhstan, photo, video and other exclusives.
Reasons for the lack of connection of the phone via USB
The whole complex of reasons for the problem that the computer does not see the phone or smartphone through the USB cable, I would divide into hardware and software, and below I will list each of them, simultaneously providing instructions for its correction.
But before using the methods I have indicated, try to restart your computer and smartphone. It does not help as rarely as it seems. This problem mainly arises with devices of Samsung, Lenovo, HTC, LG and Fly.
Select the connection mode of the phone to the computer via USB
This method of connecting a mobile device to a computer can be used to those who are sure that everything is in order with devices at the physical level (USB-cable target, ports on a computer). You need to connect the smartphone to PC again. The cable should be “native”, the one that came with a mobile device. At the time of connection on Android smartphones, a screen appears where you can select the connection mode.
When you connect your Android device, the USB icon will appear at the notification area. Lower the curtain and select it in the list;
USB MTP driver
Dot during the connection can be associated with the USB MTP driver in Windows 10/8.1/7, so it is recommended to update it:
But it can be assumed that if the driver has not been established by itself, then the first method will not help, and download the right drivers may be difficult. I recommend just starting a free program for automatic installation and updating Driverhub drivers.
Also problems arise due to improper installation of drivers in the system. It is advisable to remove them and reinstall them. Also, as in the previous case, open the “Device Manager”, we find our smartphone in the list and, clicking on it PKM, click “Delete”. We wait for successful removal and disconnect from the computer. Now you need to re.Connect the phone, after which the system will automatically install drivers.
Viruses on the device
The presence of viruses on a smartphone or computer does not allow some functions to work correctly. In this case, you need to download the antivirus program and check both devices.
If there are viruses on a mobile device, then turn on the safe mode:
Fix. Android phone not connecting on Computer
Close the power button until the menu appears in which it is proposed to turn off or restart the gadget.
Click on the “Disable power” key (or “turn off”) and hold it. A window will open on the screen with the question “Go to safe mode?””. For the transition, select OK and expect a reboot.
If the PC saw a smartphone, then the reason in the mobile apparatus installed on the mobile apparatus. See what uploaded applications are in it, after which the computer stopped seeing the device. By going into safe mode, malware can be deleted.
If this did not help, most likely, the problem in the computer/laptop itself.
What to do if the computer does not see the phone?
The following are all methods that can help solve the problem of connecting via cable.
Check the USB connection settings
The method will help if the fraud is charged, but the information does not leave the information. To transmit documents, you must connect Android as a media device (MTP). To do this, follow the following actions.
Attention! In some cases, you may have to connect the phone to the computer and switch between different parameters several times before the desktop recognizes the device as a multimedia.
If you have old versions of Android, then try to do so.
Connect the device to the computer, it must be recognized.
Install the USB MTP driver
It happens that the smartphone is not displayed due to problems with the driver, so try to update it.
- Press the right mouse key on the desktop and select the “Device Manager”.
- Find Android Smartphone in the list of connected, click on it PKM and clap “Update the drivers”.
- Two options will be presented to you: manually install from the hard drive or automatically look for the latest version on the Internet.
- Select “Find the drivers on this computer”, then clat on “Choose a driver from the list of already installed” and now click “USB device MTP”.
- You can also try to use the second option and wait for the system to do everything itself.
As soon as the driver is installed, the PC will have to recognize the Android phone. It may be necessary to restart the computer so that the update enters into force.
Download and install Media Feature Pack for Windows 10
We have already mentioned that to transmit the contents, it is necessary to use the MTP protocol. It is associated with Windows Media Player, and in some versions of Windows 10 there is no Windows Media player and support for related technologies. If your version of Windows 10 does not recognize Android, download and install Media Feature Pack from the official Microsoft website.
Use a complete USB cable
We advise you to use the original cable, since third-party ones are sometimes intended only for charging, and the PC does not display Android. To check this, connect another USB-shnour.
Remove Android drivers
Sometimes there are no last drivers in the system or they are incorrectly installed. It is recommended to remove them and install them again.
- Connect the device to the computer and open the “Device Manager”.
- Find your device. It is usually located in the “Other devices” or in “portable devices”, but sometimes the dislocation is different.
- Click with the right mouse button on it and clatter “remove”.
- After the drivers are removed, disconnect the Android devices.
- Connect it again and wait until Windows reinstalls drivers.
Activate USB debugging
From time to time, the connected gadget is recognized when the debugging by USB is active. If you use Android 4.2 or newer, this function can be hidden. To enable it, do as indicated below.
- Cross “Settings. About the phone”.
- Click 7 times on the “assembly number”.
- Go back.
- Open “Settings. For developers”.
- Scroll down there and activate “USB debugging”.
Sometimes it is already turned on, in which case it should be cut down.
Turn on the flight mode
If Windows stopped seeing the phone, run the flight mode through the fast.Setting panel in the curtain or, crossing the path of “Settings. Still”. Often after this, the device is recognized PC. This is a simple way, so do not be lazy to experience it.
Reload the phone in Recovery or Fastboot mode
About how to enter it, read in our other article, where we described the process for each manufacturer. After you get into Fastboot or Recaver, connect the smartphone to PC, wait until the necessary components are installed. After that, a conductor should open before you with a proposal of what to do with the connected device. When to finish, reboot Android.
Install Kies from Samsung
If the Samsung gadget is not recognized by Windows, download the Kies software from the manufacturer’s official website and put it on the computer. With it, you can definitely shift the smartphone.
Use USB 2 ports.0
Try switching the cord from USB 3.0 in USB 2.0. Users reported that sometimes it worked.
Reinstall the Adb
Windows occasionally does not recognize the smartphone due to problems with the Android Composite ADB integration, so you should reinstall it.
- Open the “Device Manager”, find Android Composite Adb. Sometimes it is called, for example, Acer Composite Adb Interface or somehow in this spirit, but there will definitely be “Adb”.
- Climat it with the right mouse button and select “Delete”.
- Reload Windows and again connect Android with PC.
- Check if the device is recognized. If not, go to the next step.
- Download the Google usb drive file at this link https: // dl-ssl.Google.Com // Android/Repository/Latest_usb_driver_windows.Zip and remove it to your computer. Remember the path to the folder. It will come in handy later.
- Open the “Device Manager”, enter the cursor to the extreme icon in the second line, click “Update the equipment configuration”.
- Find your Android Composite Adb and click it with the right mouse button.
- Select “Update the drivers”.
- Click “Search for drivers on this computer”.
- Remember the place in which the Google usb driver is extracted, and install the “Included folders” checkbox.
- Click “Next” to install the driver.
- Open the command line as an administrator:
- For Windows 10, press the Windows “X” keys and select the “command line” (Admin);
- For Windows 7, Open “Start. All Programs. Standard”, there, right.Click on the “command line” and select “Starting on behalf of the Administrator”.