iPad 4 How To Install iOS 11
On the evening of May 29, iOS 11.4 for our devices was released. In the article I will tell you what’s new in it and answer the question whether it is worth updating.
How to install iOS 11.4?
Before any system updates, I recommend making a backup copy of the device either in iCloud or on a computer.
Next, go to Settings- General- Software Update. There will be an installation notification. Download and install.
To upgrade, you must either connect to the mains, or at least 50% of the battery charge.
Ios 11.4 fully complies with iOS 11.4 public beta 6, so if you are already in beta, then updating is not required.
What’s new? All innovations
Ios 11.4 introduces AirPlay 2 multi-room audio technology, HomePod stereo pair support, and the iCloud Messaging feature. This update also fixes bugs and makes improvements.
- Control your home stereo system and speakers that support AirPlay 2 throughout the house.
- Simultaneous music playback on several speakers supporting AirPlay 2 in the house, in synchronous mode.
- Control of AirPlay 2-compatible speakers from the Control Center, from a locked screen or using AirPlay controls in programs on iPhone or iPad.
- Using voice to control AirPlay 2-compatible speakers from Siri to iPhone, iPad, HomePod, or Apple TV.
- Phone calls and games on iPhone and iPad do not interrupt playback on speakers supporting AirPlay 2.
- This update supports setting up a HomePod stereo pair using iPhone or iPad.
- The HomePod stereo pair automatically determines which part of the room it is in, and adjusts the sound depending on the location of the speakers in space.
- Advanced directional sound technology delivers a wider soundstage than a traditional stereo pair.
- Homepod will be automatically updated to support stereo pairs, unless auto-updates are turned off in the Home program.
Messages in iCloud
- Store messages, photos and other attachments in iCloud, freeing up space on your devices.
- All your messages will be displayed in the same iMessage account after logging into a new device.
- When you delete messages and conversations, they are instantly deleted from all your devices.
- To enable the Messages in iCloud function, turn on the Messages in iCloud in the iCloud settings (Settings [Your name] iCloud).
- Your conversations will continue to be protected with end-to-end encryption.
Other improvements and bug fixes
- Teachers can give students reading assignments on iBooks using the Assignments program.
- Fixed a bug due to which entering some sequences of characters could lead to program crashes.
- Fixed a problem in the “Messages”, in which some messages could be displayed out of order.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent you from logging in or accessing files in Google Drive, Google Docs, and Gmail in Safari.
- Fixed a bug that could interfere with data synchronization in the Health program.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent changes to the choice of programs for users to access Meddata.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the program to appear in the wrong place on the Home screen.
- Fixed issue where sound might be distorted when using CarPlay.
- Fixed an issue where selecting music from iPhone might crash when playing via Bluetooth or when connecting via USB on some vehicles.
Need to be updated or not worth it?
In my opinion, the update is quite large-scale in terms of the number of small innovations, but for the majority of users it does not give any special buns.
But fixing bugs is always a plus. This is probably the last or penultimate update of iOS 11. We are waiting for iOS 12, which will be presented in 6 days.
If you already have iOS 11, then upgrade boldly. If you have iOS 10 or lower, then think about whether you need it? For example, the iPhone 5S still works on iOS 10 and everything is fine.
Popular questions and answers on iOS 11.4
Question: Is rollback possible on iOS 10, 9, 8, 7, 6?
No, rollback will be possible for some time on iOS 11.3.1 (iOS 10, 10.3, 9, 8, 7, etc. Are no longer available for rollback). Usually within 1-2 weeks, Apple stops signing the old version of the firmware and it will also become unavailable.
Question: What is the best firmware? Via update on tablet or update in iTunes?
No difference. 🙂 Updating by air, as a rule, is more convenient and faster.
Question: It is better to upgrade to 11.4 or flash through recovery?
Flashing through recovery is recommended if it seems to you (or maybe it is) that your iPad / iPhone is slow or buggy. Or does not turn on at all. In other cases, I recommend using the regular update.
For direct links to iOS 11.4 firmware (including for iPhone X), look for firmware instructions later in a special article.
Traditionally. Ask any questions in the comments. I will answer and help.