How to uninstall an app from Android Samsung
Do not spare applications, the smartphone will not “break
But no one has been producing smartphones in this form for a long time. Manufacturers of cheap mobile phones make money on herbalife, that is, they receive money for applications preinstalled in the firmware. Those who have entrenched themselves in the more expensive segment develop branded “whistles” so that there is something to justify the high cost and there was something to mention in the advertisement.
Therefore, do not hesitate to delete everything that you consider unnecessary from your smartphone. a modern smartphone cannot be rendered unusable by uninstalling applications in a standard way. And if it happens that you have deleted some new “Pokemon Go!”, Which the world will soon start to go crazy for, it doesn’t matter. your friends will buzz your ears and show you how to install the application or game again.
How to clean your Android smartphone from unnecessary preinstalled programs (even “non-removable” ones)
Mobile phone manufacturers have long lost their sense of proportion (and sometimes fear), so each new phone is stuffed with more and more software. Not all of the programs imposed on us are useful, and some even harm the speed of a mobile phone. Today we will tell you how to get rid of useless pre-installed applications in your smartphone.
Android is the same everywhere, ways to quickly uninstall apps are different
Most of the pre-installed stuff can be removed in the standard way. In most android phones (for example, Alcatel, BQ Fly, Lenovo, Philips, Sony, Xiaomi), just touch the application icon and hold it until “Delete” or the trash can icon appears on top. You reach for the badge that has fallen into disgrace to the urn and let it go. The smartphone will ask if you are sure that you want to uninstall the application. confirm. Mission Complete.
A way to uninstall applications in smartphones with standard Android interface logic
In other smartphones (for example, ASUS, LG, Samsung), simply dragging the icon sometimes does not work (depending on the model), and you need to find three dots in the upper right corner, then select something like “Uninstall / Disable Applications” and select from application grids of a candidate to log out.
How to uninstall apps on select ASUS, LG and Samsung models
In the newest Samsung (hello, Galaxy S8 owners!), Quick removal of applications is done in a new way: hold your finger on the icon, then to the right of it a context menu opens, as on computers by pressing the right mouse button, and in it you need to select the item “Delete”.
How to uninstall apps in Grace UX Shell (Samsung Galaxy S8)
If you don’t want to. we’ll force it, if you don’t leave. we’ll turn it off!
Not all preinstalled applications can be uninstalled. Not because they are vital for a mobile phone and it won’t turn on without them. it’s just that every time you send Google Play Music or a Yandex search widget to the trash can, somewhere in cozy offices, the guys-marketers shed tears and count lost profit. For this reason, some of the system components will have to be “rooted out” from the firmware in a different way.
“Uninstallable” applications can be disabled
The easy way is to disable apps. Tackled the shortcut, and the smartphone says: “The application cannot be deleted”? Go to the system settings, find the application and select the “Disable” item where the “simple” applications have the “delete” key.
How to disable apps in Grace UX Shell (Samsung Galaxy S8)
If you’ve started cleaning up apps after they’ve been updated from Google Play, the bulletproof app will first uninstall its new version before allowing itself to be disabled. And, you will still laugh, but some applications (for example, video player or Google keyboard) cannot even be disabled. But Android is so good that if something is impossible in it, but you really want it, then you can!
Remove non-removable with root-rights
If you have heard a lot about some kind of “root” on Android smartphones, but could not understand what it is, then we will explain. ROOT is when the user is really in charge of the phone and can change, customize menus, labels, volume, brightness, work speed outside the standard limits, rename, “pin” system items from other smartphones and generally get up with a smartphone about what they do young tuning enthusiasts with their first car.
Smartphone manufacturers hate such “amateur” buyers. They, of course, have no right to refuse you warranty repairs, for example, cameras, even if the smartphone has non-standard firmware. But if the smartphone “does not turn on” due to the fact that you unsuccessfully reconfigured or amputated something in the firmware, this is already your problem. The smartphone’s firmware will not “fall apart” immediately after you get root, but if you install a virus disguised as a regular application and answer “Yes” to the question “Do you grant root-rights?”, Then the smartphone will be saved only by flashing from the computer.
Titanium Backup is a proven way to uninstall system apps. And also make a backup just in case
HOW TO UNINSTALL SYSTEM APPS IN SAMSUNG ANY DEVICE WITHOUT ROOT AND M30S UPDATE DETAILS
This is so that you understand that you can not only cut a salad with a knife, but also injure yourself in stupidity. What does root have to do with uninstalling applications? Most direct!
- We get root-rights to the smartphone. There is not and cannot be a universal instruction, it is different in each smartphone, sometimes it is different even for different firmware versions. Look for instructions on the query “name _ smartphone root” on the Internet.
- Install Titanium Backup from Google Play (or where is it convenient for you to install applications from?). The paid version differs from the free version in details, you do not need to pay money to remove the standard software.
- Launch Titanium. In fact, analogs will also work (Root App Delete, Root Explorer, etc., there are a lot of them).
We give him root rights (with which everything starts), agree with the warnings, select the “Backups” item and see a list with all the “guts” of our smartphone.
- We determine what can be safely removed. For example, it is better not to touch some “Application Installer”, otherwise your smartphone will forget how to install applications forever, but all sorts of Hangouts, Google Photos, Evernote, audio and video players, e-mail clients, Clean Masters, cloud storage, ugly standard browser (do you still have Chrome, Opera or Yandex Browser?), all sorts of news aggregators Flipboard, etc., you can delete “zhestachaishe” and without a twinge of conscience.
- We create backup copies of “useless” applications, and only then delete them. That is, first click “save”, and only then. delete. So that in the case of “oh, I erased something superfluous” there was an opportunity to return, as it was.
By the way, do not expect that after uninstalling standard applications, the smartphone will add more memory. there have long been separate “corners” for system files in Android, so you will not be able to clear memory for music or applications from Google Play using root rights.
We need the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) utility. For different operating systems, the installation procedure is approximately the same. Select the ADB version for your system and then do the following.
- Download ZIP archive with ADB.
- Extract its contents to some folder without Russian letters in the title. On Windows, it is best to do this at the root of the system drive. C: platform-tools. On macOS and Linux, you can simply extract everything to your desktop. The platform-tools folder will appear.
- Open Command Prompt in Windows or Terminal in macOS and Linux. In Windows, the command line must be run as administrator. to do this, right-click the command line icon and select “Advanced” → “Run as administrator”.
- Now you need to open the platform-tools folder in the terminal. Enter the following command: cd / path / to / your / folder / and press Enter.
If you don’t know which path leads to your folder, do this:
- On Windows, right-click the folder while holding down Shift and click Copy as Path. Then paste the copied line into the terminal.
- On macOS, hold Alt and right-click on the folder, then select “Copy path to”.
- Or, on macOS and Linux, just drag the platform-tools folder to the terminal window.
Turn on USB debugging
Turn on USB debugging, it’s pretty simple.
- Open the smartphone settings, find the “About phone” section there and click on the “Build number” item until the system displays the message “You have become a developer”.
- Return to the main settings menu and open the “For Developers” item that appears there.
- Find the “USB Debugging” option and enable it.
How applications are usually uninstalled
In the article “What an application is made of”, we learned about the three parts of Android applications: the application itself, data and cache.
If you simply delete an application from your smartphone, its data will remain in memory. Over time, too much data accumulates and the smartphone starts to slow down. To prevent this from happening, delete not only applications, but also data.
We connect to the computer
Now connect your smartphone to your computer via a USB cable. Then run the following commands in the terminal line that we opened in the previous paragraph:
- Windows: adb devices
- macOS:.adb devices
- Linux:./ adb devices
The serial number of your smartphone or tablet will appear on the command line. This means that the device is connected correctly.
If the application does not have a “Delete” button
We are talking about system programs. You cannot delete them, but you can turn them off. They will no longer be active until you turn them back on. This will save battery power and phone space.
Go to the phone menu. “Settings”. “Applications”. select the unnecessary and click “Turn off”.
If this button is not present, then the program cannot be turned off. It is needed for normal phone operation.
How can I uninstall an app from my Samsung phone without leaving any traces on the system? Many users erase installed games and instant messengers incorrectly, which leads to gradual clogging of internal memory, device slowdown and crashes. Knowing the correct algorithm, you can cleanly remove applications that have become unnecessary.
How to uninstall or disable pre-installed apps from Samsung
Samsung‘s user interface differs from stock Android in a number of ways, and it has an alternative way to disable apps:
- open the “Application Panel”;
- long press on any app to bring up a bubble option that will allow you to disable the app or uninstall it if possible.
The disabled application will no longer run in the background and will not receive any updates, which will prevent unnecessary waste of phone resources.
Why uninstall apps from your Android phone or tablet
Not all programs available on a smartphone or downloaded additionally may be useful. In what cases it may be necessary to remove programs from an Android device:
- the user accidentally installed the application, for example, clicked on the advertising download link;
- after installation, errors were found in the program or the set of functions does not correspond to the declared ones, the program does not meet the user’s requirements;
Android software can get bored over time
- the application does not open at all after downloading, the error “Content cannot be installed” or “Data files not found” is displayed;
- incompatibility due to technical reasons. Usually, the description indicates on which software versions this program works, but not all users pay attention to this;
- other reasons due to personal desires, preferences or requirements of the user. For example, an inconvenient interface, lack of any functions, etc.
Removing unnecessary applications is not difficult, especially since there are several options, each user will be able to choose something of their own.
How to remove an app from Android completely
A huge amount of information accumulates in the telephone of a modern person. Here are photos, music, documents, and most importantly. various applications. Some of the programs are really useful in everyday life, others, such as games, can quickly get bored. Then the user has a desire to remove unnecessary from the device. How do I uninstall an app from android? This article is about this.
Removing with superuser rights using special utilities
You can also remove unnecessary things from your phone using root user rights or access as an administrator. This can be done by downloading a special utility. “Uninstall system applications”:
- Download the utility for free using Google Play.
- Enter the downloaded application.
- The user will see a complete list of software available on the device. Select by ticking the ones that need to be removed.
- Delete by clicking on the item “Trash”.
Uninstall System Applications
For your information! Utilities for ROOT rights “Uninstaller” or “Root Explorer” will also help to cope with this task.
Removing through safe mode
Usually, safe mode on Android is used to remove viruses and malware. This method is used if the application often crashes or gives an error, the smartphone is quickly discharged or there are other problems.
To uninstall an application through safe mode, you must:
- Hold down the power button until the boot options appear.
- Select “Reboot device and start in safe mode”. If the device is loaded correctly, a small “Safe Mode” mark will appear on the desktop.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Launch the section “Applications” or “All applications”, or “Application manager”.
- Find the application you need, click on it and select “Remove”.
In this way, you can even get rid of system programs.
Important! It is not worth erasing the preinstalled software without good reason. Especially if the name is not clear what functions this program is responsible for. This can lead to irreparable malfunctions of the device.
How to properly uninstall installed third-party programs
In general, all programs are divided into two categories:
- preinstalled or system. They are part of the firmware, operating system and are included by default. These are, for example, phone book, camera, settings;
- downloaded by the user. In this case, the applications are not provided by the software, the user downloads them on his own through the Play Market. It can be games, various add-ons and extensions.
Note! The method is also selected depending on the type of application. Removing preinstalled Android programs, for example, can take a lot of effort, while those downloaded from the Play Market are removed in one click.
How to uninstall an app that won’t uninstall on Android?
This can happen to anyone. when you try to uninstall an application, it turns out that it cannot be uninstalled. over, in this case, we are not talking about a built-in application in the firmware, which cannot be deleted without ROOT rights, but about the most common one, which you installed on your device.
For example, some time ago we talked about how to reboot an Android device and showed an application called Volume Unlock, thanks to which you can turn on the device by pressing the volume up button. When running, the application receives administrator rights, so there is no easy way to delete it. And here’s what it looks like. let’s show it clearly.
We go into the settings and find the “Applications” section.
HOW TO DELETE APPS ON SAMSUNG
Here we see a list of applications. Choose the one you want (in our case. Volume Unlock).
And what do we see? That’s right, the “Delete” button is inactive.
If you are faced with a similar problem, it does not matter, it can be solved. To do this, go to Google Play and type in the search the word “uninstall” (without quotes) or uninstaller. Select an application from Rhythm Software and install it. This is an extremely small free application that does not even require additional rights.
After installing the application, open it and see a list of all installed applications. Select the desired one by tapping on it once, then click on the “Delete selected applications” button located at the top of the screen.
We agree with the removal and see a window in front of us, in which it is written: “It is impossible to remove the package, because it is selected for device administration. ” Click “Administration Settings”.
A window opens, in it we uncheck the application.
In a new window, disable administration rights for the application by clicking on the “Disable” button.
After that we get to the application page and see that the “Delete” button is activated.
Of course, this way you can remove virus applications that cannot be removed in the usual way. ROOT rights are required to uninstall system applications.
For this method, we thank the user with the nickname Android, who in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев suggested a less complicated method for removing such applications. He talked about another method that requires USB debugging to be enabled. The user with the nickname Valery said that you can use this method without USB debugging, for which thanks to him. And yet, we show an example with USB debugging. just in case. We advise you to immediately open the “Security” section (see the last three screenshots) and if this does not help, try turning on USB debugging.
Go to settings. Here find the section “About the phone” (or “About the tablet”).
Next, tap on the build number 7 times. this way you will open the developer mode, which we need (details. here).
After opening this section, it will appear in the settings:
Go into it and put a check mark next to the item “Debugging via USB”.
Further in the settings, click on the “Security” section and find the item “Device Administrators”.
Here you will see a check mark on the application, which is not uninstalled in the usual way.
Just uncheck the box, then click Disable.
The application can now be uninstalled in the usual way.
Friends! If our site helped you or you just liked it, you can help us develop and move on. To do this, you can:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to our group.
What to do if the application is not removed by standard OS tools
Many people assume that the preinstalled software cannot be removed without activating Root rights. In fact, you only need to use the settings to switch to the “For Developers” mode.
- Go to “Settings”.
- To the item “About phone”.
- Find the point where the firmware is indicated (for example, in Xiaomi this is the “MIUI Version” item).
- Tap it quickly 8 times.
- Then return to the settings menu.
- Go to “Advanced settings”.
- Click on “For Developers”.
Now, regardless of which applications can be disabled on Android and which cannot, everything will be deactivated without any opposition from the system.
Important! After restarting the gadget, the “For Developers” mode will be disabled. Apps will still be deactivated.
Where do the preinstalled programs come from?
It is also worth understanding where unnecessary applications on Android come from. Looking at any device, you can see a lot of programs that belong to software from Google Corporation. Since Android is a Google product, it should come as no surprise that the company is promoting the rest of its software in this way.
How To Delete / Uninstall an App on Samsung Galaxy S6! (4K)
What programs can be removed from android
In gadgets for Android OS, users can find a large number of pre-installed software. Although some applications are used on a daily basis, most of them are useless, and when you try to remove them, the system refuses. In this regard, it is worth figuring out how to remove unnecessary programs, and how not to remove anything superfluous, which may affect the performance of the gadget.
Is it possible to recover an accidentally deleted system app from android
If any application, including the system one, has been deleted, there is an option for how to quickly restore it, of course, if the functionality of the system is not broken when the device does not respond.
- Go to Play Market.
- Call up additional menu.
- Then select the item “My applications and games”.
All apps that have ever been installed on the device will be here. Opposite those that have been removed, you can see the “Free” button. Click and install.
Why you may need to remove preinstalled applications on Android
First, you need to figure out which system applications can be removed on Android, as well as why it is worth doing. There are several reasons:
- they take up flash memory;
- they use system resources like RAM;
- they can affect the performance of other applications;
- they take up space in the main menu.
There are dozens of preinstalled programs on Android
Note! You can still cope with the last point by moving all unnecessary software into one folder, but other reasons may well serve as motivation.
Unnecessary programs can be hidden in folders
How to disable unnecessary applications through special computer programs
There is also a PC option. Need to:
- Enable “For Developers” mode as described above.
- Connect phone to PC via USB.
- In the section “For Developers” activate USB debugging.
- Download and install ADB Run program on PC.
- Now take the gadget in hand and go to the Play Market.
- Download App Inspector.
Note! App Inspector lets you find out the package name of your app. This will be needed to use the ADB program.
- Go to App Inspector.
- Wait for the end of the scan of the gadget.
- Select the application you want to uninstall.
- In the menu that opens, copy the line “Data dir”.
Next, you need to return to the PC to which the gadget is connected and USB debugging is enabled, and run the ADB program:
- In the item “Input” enter “a”.
- Then enter “adb shell”.
- In the new field, write “pm uninstall.k —user 0″.
- After zero, you need to drive in the package name.
- Press the confirmation button.
If everything is done correctly, you can see the inscription “Success” on the screen. This means that the application has been removed.
Note! The method is not 100%, since some applications are sewn into the android algorithm itself. If they are not deleted, then the system really needs them for normal functioning.