How To Open Docx File On Phone
Microsoft Word and the DOC text document format are used universally. The de facto DOC format is the standard for text documents. Almost all text documents are stored in this format. Given the situation, it is not surprising that many mobile device users are interested in how to open DOC on Android.
How to open DOC for viewing and editing. Google Quickoffice
Quickoffice is a free program from Google. Quickoffice allows you to view, create and edit DOC text documents, as well as spreadsheets and presentations in Microsoft Office formats.
Other features of the Quickoffice application:
- View files stored on the Google Drive cloud service;
- Share your documents using the Google Drive cloud service;
- View files in PDF;
- Attach documents to email;
OfficeSuite 7 PDFHD
OfficeSuite application is one of the most popular office editors on Android. According to the developers themselves, this application is used by more than 120 million users in 205 countries of the world, and the application itself is downloaded more than 40 thousand times every day. With OfficeSuite, you can open documents in DOC, DOCX, DOCM formats. In addition, there is support for other popular formats. This application allows you to not only open DOC on Android, but also create new DOC files, as well as edit existing ones.
Other features of the OfficeSuite application:
- Support for formats: DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, DOCM, LOG, XLS, XLSX, ODT, XLSM, ODS, PPT, CSVPPTX, PPTM, PPSM, PPS, PPSX, ODP, PDF, EML and ZIP;
- Built-in file browser for searching for necessary documents in the device’s memory;
- Integration with the cloud services Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, SugarSync and SkyDrive;
- Opening documents protected by a password;
- Print documents using Google Cloud Print technology;
- Support for 56 languages, among which are Russian and Ukrainian;
- There is a paid version of the program equipped with additional functions;
Kingsoft Office PDF
Kingsoft Office is a convenient program for opening DOC and DOCX on Android smartphones and tablets. The application has a simple and easy-to-understand interface that looks great both on non-compact smartphones and on large tablet computers.
Other features of the Kingsoft Office application:
- In addition to DOC and DOCX, formats such as TXT text documents, XLS and XLSX spreadsheets, PPT and PPTX presentations, PDF text documents are supported;
- Integrated file manager for finding the necessary documents in the memory of the Android device;
- Integration with email applications;
- Ability to interact with cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, Box.net and others are supported);
- Gesture management;
- Work with large files (up to 200 mb);
- Special keyboard for editing formulas;
- Support for most of the other features specific to office programs;
How to open DOC for reading
The applications described above are office suites and allow you to not only open DOC and DOCX files on Android devices, but also edit them. However, the ability to edit is not always needed. Most often, on Android devices, DOC files do not edit, but simply read. For such purposes, you can use one of the following programs.
Docs viewer. A program for viewing text documents. Supported formats: PDF, XPS, EPS, PS, DOCX, DOC, XLSX, XLS, PPTX, PPT, PAGES, TIFF, ODT, SVG, AL, PSD.
Cool reader. A program for reading electronic books. Supported formats: fb2, txt, epub (without DRM), rtf, doc, html, chm,, pdb, prc, tcrmobi (without DRM) and pml.
Alreader. A program for reading books with support for Russian, Ukrainian and Belarusian languages. Supported formats: fb2, txt, epub (without DRM), fbz, html, docx, doc, odt, rtf, prc (PalmDoc), mobi and tcr.
Do you know other applications for working with DOC? Let us know in the comments and your information will be added to the article.