How to Connect Redmi to TV
Watchings and photos on a smartphone is not as convenient as on a large TV. Therefore, periodically, many users have a question, how can I transfer information from a phone to a TV device? Of course, you can offer to first throw everything on a USB flash drive, and then connect it to the TV. But this is all long, inconvenient and not always possible. Over, in this way online content cannot be displayed on the big screen.
We will be pleased to tell you how to connect a xiaomi smartphone (Redmi 4, 5, 6, mi 8, 6 and other popular models) to a TV? Believe me, this skill is useful to you more than once. It may not be today or tomorrow, but someday you will go on a business trip or on a visit, and there you can easily “make friends” two devices for broadcasting documents, images and other data.
Via Wi-Fi Direct
Using wireless technology, you can connect your xiaomi smartphone to your TV. For example, using Wi-Fi Direct. True, everything will work out only with Smart TV. The connection procedure itself through this channel is simple:
- First of all, we connect both the phone and the TV to one Wi-Fi network.
- We go to the “Settings” on the smartphone Xiaomi.
- Go to the “Wi-Fi” section.
- We go down the menu and tap on the item “Advanced (advanced) settings.”
- We are looking for the option “Wi-Fi Direct”. Click on it.
- In the window that appears, the process of searching for devices with which pairing is possible will begin. We need our TV to display here. As soon as the smartphone finds it, try to connect.
- Usually a TV model is prescribed. So tap on it. Then click on the completion of the connection process.
- Open the “Gallery”, “Youtube” on your xiaomi smartphone or run the movie through a player. We see the icon from above, which tells us about the successful connection to the TV.
- Enjoying the image on the big screen.
We use Miracast
Do you want to display the image on the TV from your smartphone and do not pull the wires? Then you can use the Miracast function.
A prerequisite is a modern TV, so that it supports this technology of wireless transmission. But intermediary devices in the form of routers and routers are not needed. The signal is transmitted directly from one device to another.
The connection procedure itself will not cause difficulties. It will not require you and special efforts or a lot of time. At least on xiaomi redmi note 4x we were able to literally set up data transfer to another monitor in just a minute. We did everything as follows:
- First, activate the function on the TV device. The fact is that on many models it is turned off by default. So it’s better to start with this one. In our case, this is a Samsung TV. On the remote control, select the button called “Source”. In the window that crawled out on the screen, click “Screen Mirroring”. How to enable miracast on LG? Press the button “Settings” remote. Next, select the “Network” section. Then we find the item “Miracast”. In it, just change the position of the switch to “On”. On TVs from other manufacturers, the miracast function is turned on in the same way. If something does not work, then you can find help on the Internet.
- We leave the TV for now. But do not turn it off. We pick up Xiaomi Redmi or Mi series. Go to the “Settings”.
- We open the subsection “Additional functions”.
- Tap on the item “Wireless Display”.
- Now we wait (usually no more than 30-40 seconds) until the smartphone finds an available monitor.
- It remains only to click on it and wait for the connection to complete.
By the way, the above-described action algorithm is suitable for xiaomi smartphones with MIUI shell. If you, for example, mi a1, working on a “clean” android, then you will need:
- Through the “Settings” go to the “Screen” section.
- Then scroll down and select “Broadcast”.
- Next, we do everything as in the first embodiment: we select a TV device and synchronize with it.
Another popular wireless standard. With it, you can also connect your Xiaomi smartphone to TV. But we recommend using this synchronization option in those cases when you do not need a live broadcast of images from your phone.
After all, a mobile device when connected via DLNA will work on the principle of a flash drive. Only no wires are needed, and this is a big plus.
On the TV, those files that are stored on the xiaomi smartphone will be available to you. And you can start them already from the TV itself.
For this technology to work on your smartphone, you need to install special software in advance. BubbleUPnP. The program is available for download on Google Play. The transmitted content may be:
- Some formats.
Also, do not forget to connect the TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, synchronizing the two devices through DLNA will fail.
Using HDMI or USB
But if you need to transfer the image from your phone to a relatively old TV that does not support wireless data technology? Then you can connect the two devices via usb cable. The corresponding connector is on almost all TV models.
Over, the connection procedure is very similar to when you synchronize your smartphone with a PC:
- Using a microUSB-USB cable, we connect the phone to the TV.
- Using the remote control, turn on the TV device and go to the menu.
- We choose a suitable USB exit.
- Open the desired image or file on the phone.
The only nuance of connecting two devices via USB is that in a TV the smartphone will be defined as a flash drive with a file structure. It turns out that you can’t broadcast anything in real time. That is, you can open the photo on the phone, and it will be displayed on the big screen. But launching a in the smartphone’s browser and waiting for it to be displayed on TV is not worth it.
Two devices are connected via HDMI as follows:
- Be sure to turn off the TV.
- We connect the wires, now turn on the TV.
- Using the remote control, we open the settings or the main menu.
- Select the broadcast mode for HDMI. If you can’t understand how this is done, then refer to the user manual that came with the TV.
After these manipulations, both the image and the sound should begin to be duplicated on the big screen. Over, the quality is usually at a very good level. When properly connected, there is no interference, graphic artifacts, blurry colors and contours.
Going on a trip or just visiting friends, periodically there is a need to view information from a smartphone on a large screen. Copying everything to a USB flash drive is an option, but not suitable when it comes to online content. What to do in this case and how to connect Xiaomi Redmi 4x (or any other smartphone) to the TV?
If the TV is modern and supports Miracast technology. Everything is quite simple and does not require much effort. The way to activate the wireless mode in such a TV can be found in the instructions for it.
To connect to such a TV, you need the included Wi-Fi module. However, it is not necessary that it be connected to some kind of wireless network.
For Xiaomi smartphones with MIUI shell
We go into the settings of the smartphone system and select the item “Additional functions”. In the window that opens, select the item “Wireless display”.
We activate the “Wireless Display” function and wait for the smartphone to find an available monitor.
All that remains is to click on it and wait for the connection.
For smartphones on “pure” Android (Xiaomi Mi A1)
On Xiaomi Mi A1, the process of connecting a wireless screen is slightly different. We go into the settings of the smartphone, select the “Screen” section, where at the very bottom we click on the “Broadcast” item.
Next, click on the ellipsis and activate the “Enable” item. After that, the screen displays a list of devices available for connection from which we select the necessary.
If the connection is successful, a duplicate of the image from the smartphone is displayed on the TV screen and you can enjoy the contents of your mobile device on the big screen.
Of course, not all televisions support the technology of wireless image transmission with sound, in this case additional devices come to the rescue. One such device is the inexpensive but effective dongle from MiraScreen. You can buy it on Aliexpress for the price of only 9.99.
To connect to a TV, you will need an HDMI port, although if you have a special adapter “HDMI-tulips” you can connect to old TVs.
By connecting MiraScreen to the TV, insert the cable with the antenna that comes with it into it. It also houses a USB plug, which is designed to supply power to the device. It can be plugged into the USB port of the TV (if any) or into any charger. Recommended charging parameters are 5V / 1A.
After connecting, the current operating mode (Apple or Windows / Android) will be displayed on the screen. Switching between them is carried out by pressing a small button on the side of the device.
All that remains is to connect the smartphone according to the instructions described above.
There are two options for connecting a computer to a TV:
1. Image duplication. On the TV will be displayed the same as on the monitor. The easiest way.
2. View photos ands. Only photos ands stored on the computer will be played on the TV. A rather complicated way, it requires knowledge in the field of network configuration and file sharing.
Duplication of the image from the monitor
This article describes only the most common connection methods. If they do not suit you or you have difficulty connecting, it is better to contact specialists. For advice on Samsung technology, you can contact support.
The easiest and most modern way, transmitted and high quality sound.
The computer and TV must have HDMI connectors.
To connect, you need an HDMI cable.
The cable plugs into the connectors on the TV and computer.
Some laptops and computers use the Micro HDMI connector.
To connect such a computer or laptop to the TV, you need either an adapter from Micro HDMI to HDMI
Or a Micro HDMI cable. HDMI
After connecting the cable on the TV, you need to select the HDMI source (on Samsung TV, use the “Source” button on the remote).
By default, the screen will be duplicated. If you want the image to differ on the monitor and TV, adjust this option in the operating system.
A method for old technology in which there is no HDMI connector. Only medium or low quality is transmitted to the TV. When connecting in this way, you may have to turn off the monitor (if your computer has only one VGA connector).
Your computer and TV must have VGA connectors. Usually the connector is blue, but may be black.
To connect, you need a VGA cable.
The cable plugs into the connectors on the TV and computer.
Some televisions do not have a VGA connector. In this case, a VGA adapter is required. RCA (tulips). Such adapters come in different configurations and quality, their cost is 500. 1500 rubles. Be sure to check the functionality of the adapter before buying.
One end of the VGA cable connects to the computer, the other to the adapter. The TV is connected to the adapter with the help of tulips, a connector “father”. If the adapter has connectors “mother”, then tulips “father-father” will still be required.
After connecting to the TV, you need to select the AV source (on Samsung TV, use the Source button).
Views and photos
The method is suitable for TVs supporting DLNA technology. Usually these are Smart TVs with the ability to connect to the Internet. You can find out if your TV supports DLNA in the specifications or in the support service.
To connect you need:
A computer connected to the router via Wi-Fi or cable
TV connected to the router via Wi-Fi or cable
It’s better to connect devices to the router via cable, via Wi-Fi “heavy”s will be played jerkily.
The program for the computer to create a DLNA server.
There are a lot of such programs, there are paid and free, Russified and English-speaking. The choice of program is yours.
Some popular options on the Internet:
Unfortunately, it is impossible to describe the connection algorithm in detail, because there are more than 2 thousand different models of TVs alone. The general connection algorithm is as follows:
1. Connect the computer and TV to the router.
2. Open the ability to share a computer and share folders with the desired files. An example of how to do this on Windows 10.
2. Install the program to create a DNLA server on the computer.
3. In the program, select the folders on the computer from where the and photos will be played.
4. In the program, select the desired file and find the item “Play to. “Or similar in meaning. Next, select your TV.
In some programs, this item may not be. In this case, you need to select your DLNA server as the source on the TV. On Samsung TVs, this is done by pressing the “Source” button on the remote. Next, find the item “Directories of media resources” and select the files to view.