How to Connect Phone to Phone via Cable
How to connect the phone to the computer? To solve this problem, there are several ways to pair smartphones and other mobile devices to a personal computer or laptop. All methods are quite popular and often used. These include:
The first of them is used less often, and it can be used only for transferring small files and data. For example, for a phone book address. This method, in addition to low speed and short range, will also require a significant portion of the battery charge. Plus, you need to have a bluetooth receiver for your PC, which also costs money. But there are, of course, some motherboards that have a built-in transceiver. Then the task is simplified. But what about another computer? Therefore, this method has the least distribution.
The second option is the best and most often used. This is due to many factors:
- The ability to transfer large files;
How to connect the phone to a computer via Wi-Fi? To answer this question, you need to purchase the Wi-Fi receiver itself, which can be either built-in or external. Its cost is about 10. Having a receiver is only half the battle. But what about other computers that do not have such a device? Over, the first time you connect, you must constantly configure the wireless network, and this is not only expensive, but also time-consuming. Therefore, the third option will be the best option for connecting to a PC.
Using USB to connect your phone to a PC
How to connect the phone to the computer via USB? Often, new users have this question when changing the OS on their PC. There are several reasons for using USB:
Connection methods via USB on different OS
Due to various preferences regarding the OS on computers, many users are wondering how to connect the phone “Android” to a computer with Linux. But even today it can be solved. Although specialized software is not available for public use, it is still possible to connect it to a Linux PC using the phone as a flash drive. Many skilled programmers have already written a number of programs that can resolve the conflict between Android and Linux. But basically this idea comes down to long wanderings in search of reliable and simple software. Therefore, to save yourself from these inconveniences, it is better to simply install Windows 7.
Connect your phone to a Windows computer
How to connect the phone to the computer via USB, if Windows 7 is installed on it? To do this, it has a number of built-in utilities that will automatically install the necessary software the first time you connect, because this OS supports MTP protocols. In this case, the device can only be used as a data storage device. In the phone itself, you need to select the option “connect as an MRI multimedia device” when connecting the USB cable.
In Windows XP, you must install the driver, which is included in the installation package for Windows Media Player starting with version 10. Basically this is enough. But to use the phone “Samsung” as a modem you will have to use additional Samsung Kies software. With it, you can not only exchange files with both the phone’s memory and the flash drive, but also correct phone book data, view SMS messages and much more.
Connect Android to Mac via USB
Many users prefer to use Apple devices with Mac OS. This is due to many reasons:
- Convenient interface;
- Wide opportunities.
Therefore, the question often arises of how to connect the phone to a computer via USB, if Mac is installed on it. To solve it, Google has developed a specialized program Android File Transfer, with which you can connect your smartphone to a PC. It changes the MTP protocol to the protocols supported by the Mac, and seamlessly interfaces the phone with the computer via the USB cable. It is installed on Android of any modification and upon further connection to any version of the Mac will not require additional drivers. There is a second way to connect Android to Mac OS. It consists of downloading KIES from the Samsung official website. But this option is relevant only with Mac versions prior to 10.8 Mountain Lion. Therefore, the first option is more common.
Connect your phone as a removable disk
How to connect the phone to the computer as a removable disk? To answer this question, you must perform the following steps:
- Connect the cable to your phone;
- Then the phone itself will display a menu in which you should check the box next to the item with the abbreviation MRI.
If this did not happen, then you need to go to the settings yourself, find the item “USB debugging” and check the box opposite. It all depends on the version of the operating system of the mobile device.
After a successful connection, one or two folders will appear in the My Computer folder, depending on the presence or absence of a flash drive.
Before disconnecting the phone from the PC, you must complete the work through the safe removal of the device, because the device’s memory is also a drive. And when you open either of these two folders, do not be surprised or delete unfamiliar ones, because they are created by applications for their correct operation.
Types and types of USB cables for Samsung phones with Android OS
You can connect a Samsung phone to a computer using any cable that has a Micro USB connector on one end, and on the other. USB If it is not included with the phone, do not despair, because this is one of the cheapest components that can be found on the market. This reason is that many manufacturers have finally reached a consensus and began to produce mobile devices with a single standard Micro USB connector. In addition, software change, battery charging and much more can also be carried out through the same connector.
There are at least several types of cables available for sale:
- Standard that comes with the USB kit. Micro USB
- Micro USB adapters. USB
- Adapters and adapters for connecting various flash drives;
- Adapters from Micro USB to several USB ports, the use of such devices makes it possible to connect a mouse, keyboard and flash memory to a mobile device.
A wide variety of cables both in length and in the number of connectors makes it possible to use your phone not only as a means of entertainment, but also as a tool for work.
In order to connect the phone “Samsung” to a computer and fully functional to manage it, you must have specialized software. Here is a list of programs that allow you to fully manage data from your Samsung device:
- Samsung Kies. This program comes with every mobile device.
- SGS3 Easy UMS. Designed specifically for use with the Galaxy.
- Samsung PC Studio 7.2 is a complete software package that can work with all Samsung phones.
- Samsung ExpressConnect. No less common, but also a good and simple program.
Usually for successful connection it is enough to use standard software. And only in some cases there is a need to select other software.
Connecting a PC to the Internet via phone
How to connect a computer via telephone to the Internet? This issue is also relevant, and it arises again with the release of the next mobile device. Any modern phone, and even more so a smartphone from Samsung, can be easily connected in modem mode. And from your computer, enjoy full Internet access at high speed, which is limited only by the capabilities of networks. The speed of modern phones in surfing the Internet reaches 42 Mbps, and this is not the limit, because technology does not stand still.
So, to connect your phone in modem mode, there are three ways:
- Via bluetoth
- Via Wi-Fi;
- Using a USB cable.
How to connect the phone to the computer via USB? Let’s take a closer look at the third method using the Samsung Galaxy S3 as an example.
For this you need:
- Set up and enable 3G or 4G Internet on the phone itself;
- Kies must be installed on the computer;
- Connect the device to the PC with a USB cable;
- On the phone you need to do the following, depending on the version of Android and the model of the device itself:
1) Go to “Menu”. “Settings”. “Advanced Settings / Other Settings”. “Modem and mobile hotspot”. Select item “USB modem”.
2) Go to “Menu”. “Settings”. “Network”. “Modem”. Select item “USB modem”.
After a successful connection, the corresponding icon will appear in the upper right corner, and on the PC. New network connection.
Frequently Asked Question
Why does the computer not see the connected phone? To resolve this issue, you must perform the following steps:
- Check USB cable;
- To reinstall the software, this must be done when the phone is disconnected from the PC;
- Check USB connection on another PC.
Phone and TV seem to be completely different, incompatible things. But, time is running forward, and technology and communication technology and image transmission are changing. Today, many want to know how to connect the phone to the TV via usb for the following reasons:
- The need to watchs when a user visits different sites, especially YouTube. It is better to watch high-quality on a large screen;
- Desire to view photos. The small screen of the mobile phone does not allow to evaluate the contents of the picture;
- The desire to get good impressions of colorful games launched from the cellular;
- The mismatch between storage capabilities and playback capabilities of high-quality material by mobile phones.
The fact is that the better the, the larger the file size. Modern phones are endowed with significant amounts of internal memory and support flash drives to increase it. They can store first-class movies. But, movies should not be watched on mobile, as modern TVs use new technologies for processing frames and images. Screen size allows you to clearly see what is happening.
Compare the impressions left after watching a Blu-ray movie if the diagonal is respectively 70 and 3 cm. (See photo)
But on TVs there is no way to store files. Therefore, in order to enjoy the movie or being watched, it is necessary to show the file on a television screen. In this case, the smartphone must be connected to a suitable port.
Ports of this type are common, so the answer to the question. Is it possible to connect the cell to the TV via USB. Obvious. Today it is possible. The basic methods are described below.
Display of what is happening on a smartphone with a TV screen
Suppose a person needs to visit some sites in order to have a good look at their contents, or play on a wide screen, using only a mobile and television source. Roughly speaking, a person wants to reproduce the contents of a telephone display on a TV screen. Suppose the phone has a microusb connector and the TV has an Hdmi connector. This situation happens often. To solve the described problem, you need to use a cable or a microusb-hdmi adapter, by the following sequence of actions:
- Connect the cable to the hdmi television connector;
- Turn on the TV;
- A menu will appear. Click on the media device item;
- Choose the appropriate hdmi output;
- We start actions with the phone.
Thus, the owner of the smartphone performs the desired actions, and their result shows the TV screen.
When choosing an adapter, you should pay attention to such parameters as the type of signal, supported resolutions, surround and compressed sound channels, and manufacturing material. Also, compare the number of contacts of the adapter and the telephone cable. It is advisable to purchase an adapter with the MHL standard, which is specially adapted for connecting phones to equipment capable of working in full HD mode. A similar adapter charges the device when is being transmitted.
Over, some modern models support the new Mhl 3.0 standard. It allows you to transfer 4K image at a resolution of 3840×2160 and a frequency of 30 frames per second. It supports True HD and DTS HD Ma sound formats used in Blu-ray.
Manufacturers of some brands have implemented the Slimport standard. Here are a number of models supporting it:
- Lg G2;
- Lg G3;
- Lg g4;
- Nexus 4;
- Nexus 5;
- Nexus 7 Tablet;
A complete list can be found here.
With this type of connection, there is no need to connect power, as well as do Android settings. is transmitted without decoding, as well as without output delays. However, the standard requires the use of quality wires. Therefore, it is better not to buy cheap options.
Transfer to a TV with a Vga connector
The second method involves using two adapters, the nests of which are visible in the photograph.
Connect the microusb-hdmi adapter to the smartphone, connect it to the hdmi-vga adapter, insert the end of the VGa into a suitable TV socket. Thus, the result will be due to the features of the two cables.
View files from mobile
Suppose a mobile or map stores photos ors that you just need to watch. Then you need a microusb-usb adapter. The TV must have the indicated type of connectors. In this section, you will learn how to connect a mobile phone to the TV using the USB port. Proceed as follows:
- Plug the cord into the microusb telephone jack.
- The smartphone will prompt you to select a connection mode. Drive mode is selected.
- Using the remote control, the TV enters the reading mode of media files.
- The “Multimedia”, “usb” or other button is pressed, which depends on the TV model.
- When there are no such buttons, click “Source”.
- The “Signal Source” menu appears. The appropriate section is selected. A sample view, see below.
Connection through the port in question may be interfered with by the settings of the file transfer mode called MTP. Often it is used by default when the smartphone recognizes the connected device. Then you need to configure the boot in drive mode. For this, this sequence of steps is performed;
- Download the Android terminal emulator program;
- Run it;
- In the window that appears, enter su (superuser);
- A request for the rights of the main user appears. We confirm it;
- We type a line setprop persist.Sys.Usb.Config mass_storage, adb;
- Press the enter key;
- Type reboot, then press the same button again;
- The phone will reboot.
When it will be necessary to put the download again through the above mode, enter the Android commands:
- Su (confirm);
- Setprop persist.Sys usb.Config mtp.Adb;
When you try to connect, there are two types of basic problems. These are problems recognizing devices or files.
They are usually caused by the following reasons:
- Incorrect connection. It is solved simply. The connected telephone must be reconnected following the instructions.
- Using the MTP mode of the Android system. It is solved either by the described method, or by replacing the phone firmware.
- The TV does not read files. This happens because this type of technique does not support all file formats. The only way out is to copy the file to a computer, and then convert it to a supported format with special programs. The most commonly supported mp4 and avi files. Sometimes re-shoot the.
The method of using the phone’s USB port is determined by the purpose of the connection. If you want the TV screen to show the phone screen, then either microusb-hdmi adapters are used, or their combination with hdmi-Vga. If you just need to look at the file, then a connection is made like microusb-usb. The main problems are caused by the wrong file format or MTP settings. Choose methods for connecting your communications device and television technology based on your needs.