Setting up Samsung smart TV
How to set up Smart-TV yourself
Smart TV setup
Setting up Smart-TV directly is a more painstaking task that may be beyond the power of an inexperienced user. Nevertheless, we will show you the most basic points worth paying attention to. It is worth remembering that different manufacturers use different operating systems for their smart TVs. For example, Samsung uses Tizen specially designed for them in its TVs, LG installs webOS in its products, some other manufacturers, such as Sony or Philips, use the Android operating system.
Thus, the process for setting up Smart-TV on a TV may be slightly different. But all the same, the most basic manipulations that an ordinary user can make will be approximately the same. Therefore, no matter which TV we purchased and how new it is, the first step in setting up Smart-TV is to update the system to the latest official version from the manufacturer. It may take little effort to make these updates, but a lot of time. Initially, we need to go to the settings menu and find the “Update” item there. First, we must search for these very updates, and in the event that the search gives us a more recent version than the one we have installed, we need to download it and then install it. At this stage, we will only need to press the remote button several times and wait.
In the event that we set up a TV that runs on the Android operating system, then it is highly desirable or even mandatory to create a Google account or use the one that we already have. This way we can make the most of our Android TV. Creating an account is done in much the same way as on a smartphone or tablet, so there shouldn’t be any difficulties with this. If our TV has a different OS, then it is not necessary to create an account.
Among the other programs that will make the TV more convenient to use, one can mention Gismeteo, which is most often used to keep abreast of the weather outside the window. Also, for moviegoers, the Kinopoisk program may be useful, where there is perhaps the largest database of information about modern cinema. WebCam World will allow us to visit many parts of our planet in absentia by viewing them through webcams in real time. And you can also choose from a huge number of applications the one that will most comfortably allow us to view the latest news from the film industry.
And yet. it is better to consult a specialist
We have covered the most basic operations for setting up Smart-TV on a modern TV. Such procedures, for sure, can be performed even by the most inexperienced user, who has never been used to setting up Smart functions before. Nevertheless, by making settings similar to those that we described above, we will be able to use smart functions on the TV only partially, because only a specialist who knows all the nuances of setting up to the smallest detail will be able to configure them as fully and efficiently as possible.
Often, when setting up Smart-TV on their TV, ordinary users can face a number of unsolvable problems. For example, unstable or non-working applications, network interruptions, and so on. By entrusting the setup of Smart-TV to a professional, we will certainly avoid these problems, and, among other things, we will save a lot of time, because the IT engineer, thanks to his considerable experience, will carry out the setup much faster. In addition, a professional customizer at the time of setup is able to detect hidden defects in a new TV, which we may not initially notice.
Smart-TV setup on your TV may differ slightly depending on the TV model.
In the life of a modern person, there is a huge variety of gadgets, which, it would seem, why do we still need to use a TV. However, as practice shows, the need still remains. TV still remains source of information, although not the main one, since more often we search for necessary news and content using a computer, but it still remains. In addition, we really love to watch movies on a huge screen, which laptops and desktops are not equipped with. TV is perfect for such a purpose.
And also modern TVs have more functionality than it was before. Now the use of television goes far beyond viewing only terrestrial TV channels. A modern TV will be able to serve us not only as a TV receiver for various television channels, but also serve as a media player for us, because all of them are now equipped with USB connectors, where you can install a flash drive, for example, with a movie. And the most interesting addition to a modern TV is the ability to connect them to the Internet.
Today, most TVs have a Smart-TV function, which in fact implies an Internet connection, but still not all. If we became the owner of a TV with Smart-TV, then we should be prepared for the fact that the full use of such a TV will become available only after certain settings that we will have to make.
First start of the TV
recently, our TVs practically did not require any settings other than tuning the channels of interest to us. I plugged it in, pressed the power button and started auto-tuning. Like everything else. Now TVs have become smart, which means that our new smart TVs will require us to enter basic settings before their first launch. They can be easily entered even by an inexperienced user or even one who has not been connected with Smart-TV before.
Of course, TVs come in different varieties and come from many different manufacturers. Each TV has its own settings interface, but, anyway, the essence of the manipulations is reduced to one thing. So, initially, turning on our brand new TV to the network, he will try to find out certain information from us. This will be necessary in order for us to be as comfortable as possible using our TV in the future.
To begin with, we will need to indicate in which language our TV should communicate with us and in which country we will use our TV. Sometimes it is additionally required to indicate the time zone in which we are located. This will be necessary in order for the TV to automatically adjust the time for us. A step later, we will be asked to connect our TV to the Internet. We recommend connecting immediately, because if you skip this step, you will still need to return to it in the future in the settings menu, since Smart-TV will not work without the Internet. The connection can be wired or wireless. In the event that we connect the TV via Wi-Fi, select the “wireless connection” item, look for our network and connect to it using our own password.
After all these procedures, we have the opportunity to start searching for channels. To do this, we will have to select a channel search mode, for example, terrestrial television, cable or satellite. Choosing the mode we need, we start the TV to automatically tune the available TV channels. Now we will have to wait for a while until the scan goes to 100%. On some TVs, we will be prompted to set parental controls on some channels. We can either do this or skip this step.
At the very final stage of the settings, some manufacturers will ask us to read the user agreement and confirm that you have read it. It takes no more than a minute, after which our TV is already fully configured. And, for sure, he was able to find some TV channels, of course, if we did not forget to connect an antenna to him.
Free TV for Smart TV
In TVs that support Smart TV, it is possible to watch free channels using the Internet, or rather wireless and wired (WI FI communication), as well as using a cable or built-in / mobile antenna. All options give access to basic free national transmission channels, a wider list of TV programs can only be connected through special applications or through IPTV, which is offered by your Internet provider. Consider all the ways to connect Smart TV to free channels and their settings:
- Watching publicly available national channels on Smart TV analog broadcasting. Despite the transition to a digital broadcasting format, analogue is still available and makes it possible to watch basic 20 channels for free on Smart TV. For connection, a cable is used that is connected to a universal antenna. Step-by-step instructions for connecting a free television broadcast:
- To set up the broadcast at the first stage, you need to insert the cable into the connector.
- On the remote control, find the menu button and enter the main setting system.
- Select the line with automatic channel search.
- In another window, a choice will appear through which the signal will be transmitted. In this case, select “cable”.
- After that, a new window appears where the type of signal is selected. In this case, select “analog”.
- Automatic debugging of channels in progress.
Some on-air programs may be of low quality, then the automatic search will simply slip through them. If you need this channel even in low quality, then manual tuning is recommended. Be sure to save your search settings so the TV list does not get lost.
- Digital terrestrial broadcasting connection. Digital television has a number of advantages in terms of the quality of the transmitted image, therefore, it is preferable to connect a free TV for Smart TV digital broadcasting. To configure public channels of this format, you need:
- Connect the receiver if it is not built into the TV.
- Find the menu word or settings on the remote control and enter the control system.
- Go to “Options” and select automatic channel search.
- In the pop-up tab, you are prompted to select a signal source, for digital television it is a cable. Confirm your choice by clicking on the word “Start”
- After that, a small menu appears with a choice of the type of signal transmission, you need to select “digital”. Confirm the selected source.
Some models provide an automatic network search system, in this case you need to select the search mode, which activates the free broadcast of 20 channels on Smart TV.
Programs are added in the settings via the “Content” subsection. Next, select the “External” item, enter the playlist name and a link to it there, save the changes. You can add an unlimited number of playlists to the external section as described above or using a special code issued by SS IPTV, which changes every day. Only one channel list can be added to the internal playlists section.
These are some simple ways to help you connect free channels to your TV.
Wired LAN connection
This method is to directly connect the TV to an external modem. A standard Ethernet cable is used for this. Most often, this method is used for 5 series TVs that do not use wireless modules.
Connection can be made not only through a modem, but also directly through a network outlet. It is better to know in advance about the possibility of such a connection, since it depends on the specific TV settings.
Depending on whether your home network is dynamic or static, the connection is done slightly differently. For a dynamic network, modems and routers with the support of appropriate technologies are used. Often they automatically set all the necessary parameters.
To implement a connection to a dynamic network, you need to do the following:
After completing the test, the network will be configured. This approach is implemented in devices with DHCP support.
Registration and account creation
Before you can use all the features of Smart TV, you need to create a Samsung account. This is a fairly simple procedure that will not take much time. To create, you need a stable Internet connection at a speed of at least 20 Mb / s. Otherwise, the data transfer may be delayed or not occur at all.
- turn on the TV and press the “SMART” button on the remote control;
- in the list of applications, select the item “SMART HUB”;
- in the application, select the item “Create an account”;
after accepting the Terms of Service Agreement, the account creation window will appear;
in the corresponding field you will need to enter your username and password using the virtual keyboard;
Now you can use the created account. The TV will log in and allow you to use the full range of functions.
How to set up TV on Smart TV Samsung: expand the capabilities of the TV
Modern televisions greatly expand the possibilities for viewing programs. Now these are not just TV signal receivers, but real multimedia centers. The leading positions in this area are occupied by Samsung Smart TVs. But if you mess with the device for too long and cannot properly set up the TV on the Samsung Smart TV, then after studying this article, all difficulties will be left behind.
How to install apps
Smart TV allows you to use a huge number of different applications that significantly expand the functionality of your TV. But before you can use them, you must first find and install them.
- using the button on the remote control, go to the menu;
- find Samsung Apps among the list of programs and select;
Installation is usually done in a matter of seconds. Immediately after that, the required program will appear in the list and will be available for use.
Samsung Smart TV Functions and Features
Samsung Smart TV is not just a TV, but an advanced multifunctional platform. It includes advanced features for viewing various content. Much more this system resembles a traditional computer or smartphone.
Here you can easily use social networks, watch videos and install various applications. These are the features that make Smart technologies so popular.
The main functions of Smart TV include:
- displaying digital television;
- the ability to play content from external sources;
- implementation of search through the Internet;
- installation of various programs and applications;
- watching YouTube;
- video calls via Skype or other systems.
Connecting using WPS
Connecting devices using the WPS function is widely used. In order to implement such a connection, you need to do the following:
- go to the “Network Settings” section;
- select the “WPS” item;
- press the corresponding button with the WPS label on the router and hold it for about 2 minutes;
- at this time, the TV will receive all the necessary settings and enter them into the appropriate fields.
Thus, one button sends all the information to the TV and realizes the automatic configuration of the wireless network. When the setup is complete, the network check screen appears. This means that the connection was made.
How to connect
Setting up Samsung Smart TV is not possible without an internet connection. This is the only way to use all the functions of the TV. Without the Internet, buying a device is impractical. Consider the methods of connecting TVs of different series to the network.
Setting up IPTV on Samsung Smart TV. Or how to make friends with Peers.TV
Hello everyone! This post will focus on newbies. That is, to those people who have just begun to comprehend all the subtleties and nuances of using TVs with an Internet connection. Because it is difficult to immediately understand everything in this matter.
Many users in the comments on the blog ask the author the same question: how to watch TV channels on a smart TV without complicated settings and, if possible, for free?
That is why, now we will talk about how IPTV is configured on a Samsung Smart TV. over, we will consider the simplest and most affordable option. And of course, completely free.
It is worth saying that one of the reasons for the publication of this publication was the sensational prohibition of the manufacturer on the installation of third-party widgets. After all, it was in the applications from folk craftsmen, television channels that there was a sea. But as you can see, the situation has changed dramatically:
And here a reasonable question arises: what to do for a beginner who does not really understand the intricacies of the firmware of his TV, or maybe he just does not want to carry out any actions on a newly purchased pet?
I want to assure you that there is a way out and it is completely simple. If you want to watch IPTV channels and don’t think too much about the settings, then the official Peers.TV application is just a godsend for you:
We can safely say that this application is out of the box. That is, you do not need to configure anything further here or register somewhere, and then endlessly enter logins, passwords and other information.
The installation process will not take long. After that, run the program you just downloaded and a list of channels that are already available for viewing will open right in front of you:
Well, you can test it. For example, we select the broadcast “Russia 1”:
Take a look at the screenshot above. At the bottom of the screen are controls and additional functions. For example, in the “My Playlists” section, you can register the URL of your provider’s IPTV channels:
And if you press the blue “D” button on your TV remote control in the main window of the Peers.TV widget, you will see a section with the most popular programs:
And finally, let’s look at the most interesting. People, there is a working weekly archive here, which, by the way, is very easy to use:
During viewing, such functions as pause and rewind are available:
And it’s all completely free and also completely legal:
In general, this is what it is, the Peers.TV application for smart TVs. The only drawback may be the not very good quality of the channels themselves. But on the other hand, as they say, for free and sweet vinegar.
Well, guys, now you know exactly how easy it is to set up IPTV on a Samsung Smart TV. But if you have questions, ask them in the comments to the article. And now, only hardcore music.
Upon completion, it will display the message “TENET application has been successfully installed.” You need to return to the main menu and re-enter the newly downloaded widget. The application will prompt you to enter a login with a password that is assigned to the device.
The bundle can be obtained:
- in the operation manual;
- from sellers;
- at the Samsung service center (phone. 7 (495) 925-00-03).
Upon completion, confirm the entered data and wait a few seconds. Synchronization with the remote server will be established, followed by the following changes:
- the exact time will be set, the forecast of the pagoda, the exchange rate and other information will be issued;
- there will be news reports about the developer and his products.
Synchronization will check your device for available updates.
To watch Internet channels on Smart-TV, you need to install an IPTV player, which can be downloaded from the Samsung Apps service.
There are two ways to organize interactive television:
- Connect the “Home TV” service for Smart-TV from an Internet provider. The operator will provide a list of popular high-definition channels at a rate for a small fee.
- Use free channels. Links to view and download can be found on the Internet. The playlists are completely free, but most channels do not broadcast in Full-HD quality. They are also created with the expectation of extras and contain hundreds of channels, among which only a few dozen will be interesting.
For IPTV, a high data transfer rate is required because Internet broadcasts are streamed from all channels included in the playlist. Recommended internet speed from 30 Kb / s.
Samsung TU7100 43″ Unboxing, Setup and Test with 4K Demo Videos and Dimensions
Establishing a connection
The menu that opens will display a list of available networks.
The further step-by-step connection establishment depends on the connection method:
- Direct connection. An available connection is selected and the password provided by the network operator is entered, after which the entered data is confirmed with the “OK” button. The connection will be established in a few seconds.
- Using a router. In this case, the data of the router (IP address, port, DNS addresses and password) are registered, which can be found in the operating instructions or obtained from the operator (if leased).
- PlugAccess. It is required to enter the settings item “Connection”. After that, insert the USB drive into the router, wait for the indicator on the device to change, pull out the USB flash drive and insert it into the TV with Smart-TV. After a few seconds, the connection will be established automatically.
Samsung smart TV turning on for the first time SetUp guide manual
After successful connection, you can start setting up Smart-TV on your Samsung TV.
To perform this procedure, you need to turn on the Smart Hub, to enter which there is a corresponding button (for old Samsung F-series TVs and other models of 2011-2014, there is a green button on the remote control). A menu will immediately open with an offer to register.
You need to follow these steps:
- select the item “Create an account”;
- enter the desired username and password;
- tick the box “Receive E-Mail on Samsung Smart TV.
After registration, you will be prompted to go through authorization or log in under the “Guest” (Ghost) status. You need to select a user and log into your account. Hidden Smart-TV settings are not available for guests
Registering a device
If the menu is not in Russian, you need to go to the system settings and change it, and also select the region (Russia or Eastern Europe).
In the first step, it is important to register your Samsung device and activate synchronization of the device with a remote server.
- At first. this will confirm the use of the licensed equipment and will be supported remotely.
- Secondly. the user will receive updates for the software and individual widgets.
- Thirdly. without user registration, smart TV functions will become unavailable.
What is important to know
Literally the term Smart means “smart”. It is expected that such a TV should provide more options than a conventional digital TV model. In most cases, such devices provide Internet access and support for a large number of multimedia formats.
There are also smart receivers, but Smart-TV on TV and set-top box, different topics. If the TV is a full-fledged device, then the receiver only improves its capabilities and opens access to “smart” options on older models.
Today, smart TVs are produced by many developers, and in addition to it, there is a wide range of applications and services. For this reason, the capabilities of devices with Smart-TV support differ from different manufacturers.
Functions and characteristics
Like conventional TVs, Samsung’s advanced models provide the user with a modern and high-quality TV.
Among the mandatory criteria for these devices:
- support and playback of video content of all formats (mpeg-4, acc, m3u, avi, etc.);
- high pixel screen resolution (from 1080p);
- presence of ports for cables with high bandwidth.
With a smart TV, the user can enjoy high definition digital TV with the same comfort as using a computer or digital set-top box.
Each model provides a separate set of features that the user can expand at any time by downloading new widgets from the Samsung Apps developer service.
Setting up and connecting Smart TV on a Samsung TV
The development of television has led to increased opportunities for users. Today, technologies allow you to watch high-definition broadcasts, as well as use other multimedia functions. The most popular are Samsung TVs, which today are considered the most advanced. However, this technique requires complex customization that not everyone can do. The information below will help you understand how to connect and set up Samsung Smart-TV on your TV.
Connection and configuration
Setting up digital TV for Smart-TV is performed in the same way as on a regular TV or receiver.
Models with smart TV support when tuning digital channels also solve the problem of storing already present channels. They have a system setting that allows you to select a radiation source (antenna, satellite, cable).
For example, if you manually tune digital TV channels and select a cable as the signal source, the search does not occur in other bands and the programs of terrestrial and satellite TV are saved.
But the setting of digital channels on the TV is not enough to take full advantage of the Smart TV function and you need to connect to the Internet.
There are four methods available for Samsung models:
- Wired Internet. The connection is made using an RJ45 Ethernet network cable to the LAN connector. To connect, you need a home Internet.
- Wi-Fi. Wireless connection with data transfer rates up to 30 Kb / s. Not all TVs with Smart-TV function have a built-in Wi-Fi module. If it is absent, you need to purchase a router with a USB-input connection.
- WPS. This technology allows you to connect to a Wi-Fi network using a router without entering additional settings. It is only available when using a router and must be supported by it.
- PlugAccess. Samsung’s unique internet connection technology, which is only supported by devices from this manufacturer.
After selecting the connection method, the connection is established. You need to go to the settings menu by pressing the corresponding button on the TV or remote control. After opening the Smart-TV interface, you need to enter the settings and select the “Connection” item there.