IPhone 5s Cellular Update Fails
Update the software on your Mac or PC
When you see error 10, your iOS device may have a newer version of iOS than your computer supports. You need to update the software on your Mac or iTunes with Windows OS before updating or restoring your iOS device.
- Disconnect and reconnect your iOS device to your computer. You may need to unlock your iOS device before it can be recognized by your Mac.
- If you see a “Software update required to connect to your iOS device” message, click Install to download and install the software so your Mac can update or restore your iOS device.
Windows: Update to the latest version of iTunes.
If error 10 continues to appear or the dialog box asking for a software update on your Mac does not open, contact Apple Support.
iPhone can’t update mdash, reasons
- Lack of free space (discussed earlier).
- Software error. If the iPhone for some reason does not see the system update, then you need to restart the smartphone. To do this, you need to hold down the power button, and in the case of the iPhone X mdash, also the side volume rocker, and move the slider from left to right. Then you need to turn on the device.
- Upgrade compatibility. Also, an important aspect of loading the latest system is its availability. iOS 11 can be installed on iPhone 5S, SE, 6/6 Plus, 6S / 6S Plus, 7/7 Plus, 8/8 Plus, and X. If your device is not listed, the update will fail.
Update installation cannot complete
During the installation of the update, the progress bar may appear to move slowly. The update installation time depends on the size of the update and the number of files on the device.
When updating over the air, the device must be connected to a power source. If the battery is dead, connect the device to a power source and turn it on to complete the update or restore.
Learn what to do if your device stops responding or won’t start.
Most often, the iPhone does not see the update due to the conflict of profiles
Perhaps you have a profile conflict on your Device. Because of this, your iPhone does not see the iOS update. In such a situation, if you delete the profile, the problem will not be resolved, to receive further updates, follow these steps:
IOS 10 update not available on older devices?
To our great regret, Apple has reduced the list of devices compatible with iOS 10. IPhone 4s, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad 3, iPad mini, and older devices cannot install iOS 10.
Alarm stopped working after update
Apple is keen to see more users install iOS updates that fix bugs and make minor changes. For example, you can always select “Later” when the update notification appears. The update will be automatically installed when your iPhone is connected to a power source, which usually happens at night.
Several years ago, Apple suggested the Macworld owner upgrade to iOS 9.1, and she chose “Later,” so that an updated iPhone awaits her in the morning. That was how it was: the update worked perfectly, but her alarm went off and she woke up an hour later than usual, which forced her to be late for work.
She’s not the only unfortunate person to have this problem. A huge number of people complained on the forums because they were late for school, work or an important meeting.
This happens due to the fact that some active settings and extensions are disabled after the update. This can happen with an alarm clock, airplane mode, network connection and application settings that require some action from the owner. This is a rare system bug, but be prepared to run into it.
How to update iOS on iPhone via iTunes
Please download the latest version of iTunes before updating iOS. This will help get rid of unwanted compatibility issues between your smartphone and PC. As a rule, the latest version is offered for download when you open the application.
To update your iPhone via iTunes, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer using the Lightning cable. If a new iOS is available, the program will automatically show a window in which it will offer to load the system. And if only an update is downloaded on the iPhone (from a few megabytes to 1 GB), then iTunes will make a full download of the OS (about 2 GB). Consider this if you have limited internet traffic.
To manually install iOS, you just need to press the corresponding button in the field of your iPhone. It is important not to confuse the “Update” and “Restore” items, since in the first case all data is saved, and in the second a “clean” system will be installed.
Restart your device to fix Cellular Update Failed.
In some cases, you might be able to fix the Cellular Update Failed issue simply by restarting your iPhone. To restart iPhone 7/8, you need to press the power tab until you come across a slider to turn off the power on the phone screen. Now drag this slider and wait for a while. You have to hold down the power button again until you see the Apple logo.
To restart iPhone 11 / XS / X, please press the volume tab (down or up) and the power tab together and keep holding them until you see the power off slider on the screen. Then drag that slider and wait for about 30 seconds. After that click on the power tab of your phone until you see the Apple logo.
After you have restarted your device, you should check if the cellular update has failed. The problem still persists or not. If your cellular signals appear, it means the problem has been successfully resolved.
update your device to the latest iOS
The latest version of iOS 13.2 is now available to download and install on iPad and iPhone devices. This method will fix the cellular update error issue. Follow the steps below to update your device and resolve the anonymousying issue.
Click “Restore Operating System”
Then connect the device to the system and select “Repair operating system”.
reset network settings on your iPhone
In this method, you must reset your device’s network settings to fix the “cellular update failed” error. To reset network settings on your iPhone, follow the steps listed below.
How to Fix Cellular Update Failed Error Easily
When it comes to Apple, it offers updates for all iOS devices very consistently. Each update comes with some improvements and new features for iOS devices. When a new update arrives, users can update their devices by going to the Update tab in Settings. In most cases, the update procedure runs smoothly and the device updates without errors. However, in some cases people are getting the cellular update failed error. This error can be caused by some hardware or software issue on iOS devices.
Regardless of the reason, users can fix this error on their own. Here we have listed some of the most effective solutions for solving the cellular upgrade failed issue. By using these various methods, you can easily fix the update failed error.
Steps to fix the Cellular Update Failed issue:
To fix this annoying issue, review the steps listed below.
Initially open Settings on your iPhone.
Now go to the General tab.
Step 3 Then keep scrolling to find ‘Reset Tab.
On this tab, you must select ‘Reset network settings’.
how do i fix cellular update failed on iphone
You have to wait for your device to replenish the screen. After that, you can make sure that the cellular update error has not flashed on your smartphone.
Various solutions to fix the error “Cellular update error
In this article, we will present eight different solutions to the Cellular Update Failure problem on iPhones running the latest version of iOS, such as iOS 14. For people looking for the best solution, Tenorshare ReiBoot is what they need.
Tenorshare ReiBoot will help you fix “Cellular update failed” or iPhone email not updating issues. Besides, other methods are quite simple and solve the problem effectively. So take a look at these awesome solutions below!
Methods to Resolve Cellular Update Failed on iPhone
Some iPhone owners occasionally encounter the Cellular Update Failed error. The full text of the error reads as follows:
In addition, if a similar problem occurs, iPhone users can see the inscription “No network” in the operator’s line, as well as see a message about the need to update the firmware in the cellular settings of their device.
Solution “Cellular update failed” on iPhone
Read the article carefully to the end!
Based on the information in the error, many of you have probably assumed that the device simply needs to update the firmware. Well, in some cases, this is true. By air, this is done as follows:
- make sure your iPhone is fully charged or connected to a charger;
- connect to a wireless Wi-Fi network;
- go through the following path: Settings → General → Software update;
- click on the button “Download and install”.
Users claim that this update method may not be available. In this case, the iPhone can be updated using iTunes, which is done like this:
- launch iTunes on your computer;
- connect iPhone to PC via USB cable;
- select your device, then. “General / Settings”;
- click on the “Check for updates” button;
- now click on the “Download and update” button and watch the iPhone update process.
As you can see, updating the iPhone is a fairly straightforward process. However, we strongly advise you not to rush into this matter.
Cases have been documented when iPhone users who encountered the error “Cellular update failed” after updating the firmware did not solve the problem, but received at their disposal a brick.
You see, “Cellular update failure” can sometimes (!) Occur due to hardware problems with the iPhone. Simply put, this problem cannot always be corrected at home. After updating the iPhone firmware, the following may happen:
- you will restore the functionality of your device;
- absolutely nothing will happen;
- your iPhone will turn into the already mentioned brick.
- restart iPhone (you can even restart it several times in a row);
- reinstall the SIM-card (also several times and with a reboot);
- reset to factory settings.
If none of the above helped, update the iPhone firmware, especially if it is still under warranty. As a last resort, you can take the device to a service center and describe your problem. The specialists there will surely help bring your iPhone to life.
With no iPhone warranty well, you can try updating the iPhone’s firmware, hoping that trouble will bypass you and everything will return to normal. Well, if it doesn’t work around it, look for help in “unofficial” service centers.
We remind you once again that the “Cellular update failed” error is not always the result of hardware problems with the iPhone and is often solved by an elementary firmware update. Be careful and weigh your every decision!
Can’t update iPhone. what to do and what to do?
Hello everyone! Most recently, I faced such a problem. my iPhone categorically refused to update to the new firmware version, both through iTunes and through iCloud. I just displayed the inscription. “Failed to install the software update. An error occurred while loading iOS. ” Although, in fact, the update was not only available, but already downloaded to the device. A riddle? Even some! But the “answer” was successfully found by me and now my iPhone is running the latest mobile axis.
And, of course, I could not help but share this joy and wrote detailed instructions on how to successfully solve the problems associated with installing new firmware versions on Apple devices. Wow, how bent! 🙂 Let’s go!
The first thing you should pay attention to is whether your device supports the version of the software that you are trying to install. For example, iOS 14 (as well as its modifications) can be “installed” on:
- iPad mini 4th generation, iPad Air 2nd generation, iPad 5th generation, iPad Pro and older.
- iPhone 6S and all subsequent devices in Apple’s smartphone lineup.
- iPod touch 7th generation.
Have you checked? Does your technique fit this list? If the answer is yes, then we proceed as follows.
In the main menu, go to settings. basic. profile (at the very end of the list).
By the way, it was this method that helped me, for some reason it interfered with the update. “iOS beta Software Profile”. Apparently because I often install test firmware and get access to new functions before anyone else 🙂 Do you want it too? Read. How to Install iOS Betas.
After removing it, everything went “like clockwork” and took a fairly small amount of time (about 20 minutes).
In any case, here are a few more points that may prevent the installation of new software and it makes sense to pay close attention to them:
- Check the charge level, it should be more than 50% or simply connected to the mains charger (Important! It is recommended to use the charger from the outlet!).
- It may well happen that Apple’s servers are overloaded. this often happens on the days of presentations and the release of new versions of iOS. How to check their status at the moment. read here. In this case, it remains only to wait, usually not much (from 1 hour to a day).
- A trivial thing. check if the Internet is functioning normally, if the connection is poor, the update process can take a long time.
- In the case when the update cannot be performed directly from the device, then you can and should use iTunes for this operation. Make sure that the version of the program is the latest (how to do it?). Almost always, when you connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer, iTunes itself will offer to install a new version of the software. If this does not happen, then we will install the update forcibly. To do this, we use this instruction for restoring the software (Attention! Create a backup copy so as not to lose all data).
- Changing the USB port, Lighting cable, Wi-Fi hotspot, computer in the end can also help troubleshoot problems.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated. all the tips are quite simple and easy to do at home. But, at the same time, their implementation will almost 100% help to put the fresh version of the software on your iPhone. So we need to act!
Addition! Updating over Wi-Fi may be interfering with an inoperative fingerprint reader. Is the fingerprint sensor not functioning on your device for some reason? Installing a new firmware version is possible only through iTunes. And one more thing. if you are faced with the error “Unable to check for iOS update”, then this instruction will suit you. Wow, I don’t seem to have forgotten anything 🙂
After all the manipulations, the iPhone still does not want to update or there are incomprehensible errors? Write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. we will figure it out together!
SIM card check
Before contacting the provider’s support, it is worth checking if the SIM is inserted correctly. If inserted in the wrong side, then put it in the correct slot, and also check the activity of the card.
Using a stable internet connection
Problems with connecting to servers are resolved with a stable connection. By connecting to Wi-Fi, the connection will stop being interrupted and activation will take place without failures.
Cellular Activation Failure PDP Authentication Error on iPhone. What to Do?
When establishing a connection to the servers via a mobile device, an authentication error may occur, which means the iPhone could not be activated because it was unable to obtain activation information from it. You can check and fix problems:
- Leave a request for a hot line mowing service provider;
- when confirming a fault on the mowing line. wait;
- restore the connection manually through the “Settings” item;
- go to the “Cellular” section, find “Data parameters”;
- open the “Cellular data network” and scroll to the item “APN”;
- we rewrite all the data beforehand. it will be needed for further input;
- delete all data from “APN”, and reboot;
- we try to establish a reconnection by going to the browser;
- if unsuccessful, enter the old data into “APN”, and try again.
If the problem has not been eliminated, then we require the operator to take action.
IPhone 4 / 4S / 5 / 5S / 6 / 6S / 7 / X activation error: what to do if an update is required after a factory reset
In 2021, iPhones from Apple are gaining even more popularity. When trying to reinstall the firmware from an old version to a new one, an error may occur in the form of a failed activation of the iPhone 4 / 4s / 5 / 5s / 6 / 6s / 7 / X. We have prepared a detailed article telling about all the nuances of work.
Any operating system can have bugs in work, but among mobiles, iOS is the most vulnerable. Common causes of activation failure are:
- unstable operation of the company’s servers, in such cases it is highlighted. it is not possible to contact the server;
- the server is temporarily unavailable. means that repairs are underway and the update can be downloaded from the official iTunes;
- an authentication error can occur due to an unstable connection, as well as with a compromised firmware and an old account;
- an error in the cellular network when replacing the SIM, in which case you need to replace the card with the operator or change the provider;
- failure to verify Apple ID, may occur when connecting to a computer through a broken cord.
Apple server is temporarily unavailable
When a message appears on the screen of a mobile phone, you should make sure that this is really a problem with the servers. This can be done by visiting the official website, there will always be up-to-date news about the state of the servers. If technical work is in progress, it is worth waiting and trying later.
Activation via iTunes
In cases where internet connection did not solve the problem. The firmware is being downloaded via iTunes, you should update to the latest version before starting. Steps:
- run the program on a computer and connect a smartphone to it;
- we go through authorization and choose a device from the proposed ones;
- click on “Browse” and select “Update” in the block with a description of the device;
- follow the instructions during the update and complete the action with activation;
- disconnect the phone from the PC after the message about the successful unlocking.
SIM card not supported
- contact your provider for a new card;
- try to activate with a different sim card;
- check the official website for information on the phone;
- contact the official representative.
Cellular Update Failed on iPhone? Looking for a solution!
I strongly welcome everyone! Despite the rather optimistic (in general) title of this manual, I immediately ask you to prepare for the worst. The thing is that the appearance of the error “Cellular update failed” on the iPhone, as a rule, has a hardware cause and, in the so-called “home conditions”, it is almost impossible to get rid of it. Although…
So, this “out of nowhere” malfunction does not appear. basically this happens immediately after some relatively serious manipulations with the device (updating to a new version of iOS or resetting the settings).
- The inscription “No network” in the operator line.
- The window “Cellular update failed. Your iPhone will not be able to make or receive calls or access cellular data until the device is updated. “.
- When you go to “Settings. Cellular“, you can see the inscription “To use cellular data on this iPhone, it needs to be updated”.
Total. everything hints that the iPhone simply requires a firmware update.
How can you do this if the iPhone cannot update itself? That’s right, use iTunes (detailed instructions)!
And here, dear friends, you have a very important choice.
The thing is that after updating (restoring) iOS through iTunes, three completely different things can happen:
- iPhone will work as if nothing had happened, the network will appear on it and “Cellular update failure” will disappear like a bad dream.
- Nothing will change.
- The iPhone will freeze during the update process, display other errors, will not be able to activate and turn into a “brick”. That is, you will lose the opportunity not just to call, but in general to use the device in any way.
What is the reason for this? Often, with the so-called “modem” and its “environment”.
It is this microcircuit that is responsible for communication on your iPhone.
- “The modem was crookedly stitched” (during the previous update), then restoring the firmware can help.
- The “modem” has any physical damage or was damaged in another way (excessive heating, water ingress, poor solder, etc.), then restoring the firmware can (in some cases) only aggravate the situation. the iPhone will be impossible to activate (and sometimes and turn on).
It’s not very pleasant for me even to type this text. But, unfortunately, there is no getting away from this. not all the same about discounts on the iPhone write.
Therefore, let’s jump straight to the conclusions.
Here’s what to do if you get a Cellular Update Failed error on your iPhone:
- iPhone Warranty? Feel free to restore the firmware via iTunes. In case of failure, we contact the service center and let them already think about how to repair your smartphone.
- iPhone without warranty? Here you need to think about and decide what is more important for you. a possible chance of success or a possible chance to get a “brick”.
However, even with the worst option, you should not rush to throw out your smartphone.
Because, at the moment, even unofficial service centers quite successfully cope with such a task as “rolling the modem” (removing the microcircuit, cleaning everything with high quality, putting it back in). this is the procedure, as a rule, that finally helps to solve the error “Cellular failure updates “.
So there is no need to despair! The main thing is to find a normal service center with good equipment (and not some kind of tent on the market) and then everything will be “OK”.
Well, I, as usual, will hope that no service is required in your case and all network problems will be corrected by a regular firmware restore via iTunes. I sincerely wish you good luck!
Force reset iPhone
The iOS 12 update for Apple devices may have been fixed. However, the device may freeze during the update. A forced reset allows the user to resolve any emerging problems at an early stage.
The iOS 12 update for Apple devices may have been fixed. However, the device may freeze during the update. A forced reset allows the user to resolve any emerging problems at an early stage.
Force Reset for iPhone XS / XS Max / XR / X / 8
- 1. Press and release the volume up button
- 2. Press and release the Volume Down (-) button.
- 3. Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears. Do not release the side button even if the screen turns black until the white Apple logo appears on the screen.
Force reset for iPhone 7/7
- 1. Press and hold the Sleep / Wake and Volume down buttons at the same time for a while.
- 2. Hold the buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- 3. After the logo appears, release the buttons and the phone will restart.
Force reset for iPhone 6 and earlier devices
- 1. Press and hold the Home and Lock buttons at the same time.
- 2. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.
iPhone Cellular or Mobile Data Shows Error, No Service, Cellular Update Failed in iOS 13.5. Fixed
How to fix the problem when updating iOS 12
Reset network settings
You will need a persistent internet connection to update. IOS 12 update may be affected by required update due to poor WI-FI network. Thus, you must reset your network settings for Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular networks, etc., To ensure a secure Internet connection: Go to Settings. General. Reset. Reset network settings
Three Ways to Fix iOS 12 Update Issues
Since Apple released iOS 12, many people can’t wait to see the new operating system. However, problems have been identified. Found that some users got the error after updating iOS 12. Don’t worry, in this article we will share several ways to fix this update problem.
Fixing a bug in iOS 12 with ReiBoot
Tenorshare ReiBoot. It is a program to fix various common problems like iPhone / iPad, iPhone stuck on aytyuns, stuck in recovery mode, DFU mode, restart loop, etc. This is just one solution to recover iPhone without data loss. Plus, it can fix all kinds of screen issues, iTunes errors, and many other issues that iPhone users often face when updating iOS. Undoubtedly, ReiBoot has a simple and streamlined interface that makes it easy to use. Simple steps to fix iPhone update problem:
Download and install the program on your computer.
Open this recovery program and connect your iPhone / iPad to your computer via USB cable. After recognizing the device, click “Fix all iOS fixes”.
Click “Fix it Now” to start System Restore.
The process will take a little time. Do not disconnect the device during the process. Once the recovery process is complete, the device should boot as usual.
, If iOS 12 is stuck when updating on your Apple device, it can be easily restored. Tenorshare ReiBoot is highly recommended as there is no data loss during use and it is very user friendly. You can easily fix problems (iPhone not working) in iPhone with this software and enjoy the new iOS 12 beta without fear of iPhone freezing.