How to Unlink iPhone from Apple ID
Case 3: you have a device linked to your Apple ID
When buying a device from your hands, make sure that it is necessarily untethered from the credentials. it is better if the seller makes the decoupling according to the above aLGorithm in front of your eyes. Otherwise, the device will become non-functional at the first update, not to mention the fact that the seller will be able to block it remotely.
If you have found or purchased a device linked to someone else’s account, it is completely useless for you.
You may not install updates until a certain point, but the functionality will still be significantly limited.
In fact, for example, a found activated iPhone cannot be used, even if it has not yet been locked remotely.
It is clear that if the remote smartphone does not have Internet access, then the command to clean up from iCloud cannot come to it either.
But in this case, you can still make a decoupling through the DFU mode.
To do this, do the following:
- Repeat steps 1-5 of the previous aLGorithm.
- Now, when a window with a list of your devices appears at the top of the device, click the one you want to untie and click on the cross to the right of its name. Reflash using DFU mode.
DFU flashing can only be carried out with the direct participation of the smartphone itself (on it, you must hold down the Home and Power On / Off buttons). That is, the method will not help if you have lost your smartphone.
In most cases, the steps taken are sufficient to completely unlink the device from accounts.
However, sometimes, even after carrying out all the described actions, the iPhone is still in the list of your devices on the icloud.com website, therefore, for greater reliability, it is recommended to carry out a number of more actions:
- Open the settings of your device, go to them to the General item. There, scroll down the page to the Reset item and tap on it.
- In the window that opens, select Erase content and settings, then Reset all settings.
Several pop-up windows will appear in turn, in which you will need to confirm your decision by clicking on Erase IPhone.
iCloud Link iPhone Unlock Activation️ Bypass Apple ID Without Passcode/DNS Any iOS All Models 2021
Some models and update versions also require entering a password code and / or activation data of your device (password, AppleID).
At this stage, the device is definitely completely unlinked from all accounts. The new user can enter new own credentials for the full functioning of the device.
Case 1: legal transfer of the device, there is access to the smartphone
The aLGorithm below is completely official. It assumes that the owner voluntarily unlinks all accounts from the device when it is transferred to a new user.
Such measures are performed when buying a smartphone from hand.
- Open the Settings menu on your device, then tap on the iCloud item (in new versions there is no such item, then you need the iTunes Store and Apple Store).
- Scroll down the page that opens and find the Exit button. tap on it. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm your decision. again tap on the Exit item. Now the device will ask what to do with the data on the device. you can save or delete it (depending on the situation, select the option that suits you and tap on it).
You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password. enter your device activation data.
This will start the data deletion process. Wait for it to end. when this happens, you will receive a corresponding notification on the screen of your device.
The device is now cleared of your personal data and unlinked from accounts. You can pass it on to a stranger.
It is clear, however, that this method will not help if the smartphone fell into your hands already locked.
The main rule that you need to remember is that if you found or purchased a device that was subsequently blocked and asks for account data, you need to know this data to unlock it.
There is no other way to unlock other than entering the original activation account information.
This is mainly due to the work of the Find iPhone function. As soon as the user activates it online, the Activation Lock function is automatically turned on and the device starts asking for activation data when unlocking / rebooting.
It is the activation of the Find iPhone function that you need in the event that you have lost your device. this will protect you from getting your personal information into the wrong hands.
Not so long ago, when buying a smartphone from Apple from the hands of the buyer, it was recommended to check the presence of the Activation Lock function on it, so that the seller could not lock the device remotely for fraudulent purposes (for example, extorting money for unlocking). There was even a special aLGorithm for checking.
Such a check was carried out by IMEI, allowing the buyer to protect himself from fraudsters, and also indirectly check whether the device is stolen. But since 2017, the possibility of such a check has disappeared. Apple disabled the service, citing the fact that it increases the likelihood of hacker attacks on devices.
The essence of the problem
If you purchased an Apple phone hand-held with an unlinked account of the previous owner, in the first days of use this may not be noticeable in any way. if you know the passcode (or it is disabled), there will be no problems with use.
However, even in this case, there may be restrictions on the use of some services.
The problem occurs, for example, after you have reflashed the device or installed an update on it. Now, to activate the device, you need to re-enter the credentials to which the smartphone is linked.
When you enter yours, an error appears, since the device requires you to enter the information that was entered when the iPhone was activated.
If you cannot reactivate with the same data, then in fact, your phone will not work. But even if you did not install updates, did not do a flashing, the phone functions, at first glance, normally, a number of problems are still possible:
- Using iCloud and other Apple services.
- Inability to work with iTunes, since it is impossible to initially install and run the program.
- Defective functioning of some official applications.
- Serious restrictions on all financial transactions, both online and in applications, and through the NFC system.
The second possible reason why you may need to untie is the device falling into the wrong hands.
If you lose your iPhone or have it stolen from you, you need to remotely unlink from your account so that an unauthorized person does not gain access to your personal data, financial procedures, cards, etc.
A specific problem is remote blocking. If you find a device on the street, then with a high degree of probability, the former owner has already locked the smartphone, you will not be able to use it without entering your account credentials at the unlocking stage.
Important! The problem is common for both iPhone and iPod, iPad, Apple Watch. The solutions are given on the example of a smartphone, but with the rest of the gadgets, about the same scheme works.
Case 2: there is no longer access to the smartphone
A number of sellers, when handing over a device to a new user, simply forget to untie it from Apple Cloud.
This leads to serious restrictions on the use of the device by the new owner.
To unlink accounts from a device that is no longer in the hands of the owner, you can use the following aLGorithm:
- Go to www.icloud.com. Log in using the credentials of the device you want to unlink from your account (password and Apple ID).
- Find Find iPhone and click on it.
- Then check the Find all devices option. A list of all Apple devices linked to this account will appear on the background of the map. in the drop-down list, click on the gadget that you want to unlink from the credentials.
- A window with basic functions will appear on the right side of the screen. In its lower right corner, find the Erase iPhone button and click on it.
- Another pop-up window will appear in which you need to confirm your decision. click on the Erase item.
- After that, the window in the upper right corner of the screen will be updated and will require you to enter the password for AppleID, even though you are already authorized on the site. enter it and confirm.
Since the unlinking occurs remotely, wherever the smartphone itself is, if it is turned on, then dialog boxes will be displayed on its screen confirming the process. you do not need to take any actions in them. just click Next, then Finish.
If this is not done, unlinking will still occur, but this will become clear only after the device is restarted.
All actions on the part of the initial owner of the device are completed, it is unlinked from all accounts.
The cleaning process on an untethered iPhone will start immediately as soon as an unlimited Internet connection appears on it. The user will not be able to stop the data process.
After the end of cleaning, the smartphone will reboot and require a new activation already with new credentials. The method is very convenient not only for the legal transfer of the phone, but also in the event that it was stolen from you, or it was lost. timely taken, such measures will prevent your personal information from getting to a stranger.
How to unlink Apple ID from iPhone: two easy ways. [# Author’s instructions]
Many users buy used iPhones.
In this regard, the problem of decoupling the device from the accounts of the previous owner becomes urgent.
The article answers the question. how to untie Apple ID from iPhone.
Resetting gadget settings and deleting data
The procedure begins with opening the phone menu (its parameters).
The item “Basic” is selected.
Having shaken the parameters down, it is important to stop at the “Reset” item, which is responsible for restoring the original parameters of the gadget.
All settings, as well as personal data are deleted by clicking on the “Erase settings and content” button.
After entering the password (protective shooting gallery), the deletion of the existing information begins.
Cons of Apple ID
First, it is important to clarify that the manufacturer has implemented the most advanced security system in the mobile version of Apple OS.
This technical solution is designed to prevent the number of thefts. Owners of the latest gadgets have fewer reasons to worry about losing their own device.
The number of stolen devices in the secondary market has really decreased, however, the “ignorance” of some sellers ultimately leads to the fact that the real owner of the technology is faced with a complete iPhone lock after updating the OS (operating system).
If it is not possible to contact the seller or the support service, the device becomes relevant except as source of spare parts.
After all, it is simply impossible to untie Apple ID from iPhone without knowing the password.
To get a full-fledged “tool”, it is important to worry about unlinking the phone from the mandatory iCloud account and not forget to disable the “Find my phone” option.
How to untie iPhone (iPhone) from Apple ID (Aykloud) without knowing username and password? 5 WAYS (Reviews)
How to unlink Apple ID from iphone? This question is asked when requesting data from a completely alien Apple ID record after a restore or firmware update. This situation happens when buying an iPhone from hands (used). To avoid this, you just need to take certain steps, which we will talk about in more detail below.
How to check an iPhon for the presence of Activation Lock?
At the beginning of 2017, Apple stopped supporting a page where it was possible to check for the presence of Activation Lock via an iPhone email. Explained by the intervention of hackers.
The page is still disabled today. Therefore, when buying an iPhone, be sure to ask the previous owner to unlink the gadget from the existing account.
The main thing is not to be led on assurances: “He will work fine anyway. it’s okay.”.
It doesn’t function like that. It is worth at least once to update the firmware, as the real owner is simply left with a “brick”.
It will not be possible to disable Activation Lock even by flashing the phone in any known way.
The reason is to check for a lock when you first start the gadget, restore, or update the firmware.
Information about the blocking of a specific iOS device is stored on the Apple server.
There are simply no options to eliminate information remotely.
How to unlink Apple ID from iphone using iCloud services?
The method helps to do without even eliminating the account on the iPhone.
For the embodiment, it is enough to have only access to the network.
Erasing starts instantly after the last step of the procedure.
The main condition is that the device must be connected to the Internet at all times.
What to do if you bought an iPhone with Apple ID or iCloud
How to untie iPhone (iPhone) from Apple ID (Aykloud) without knowing username and password? 5 WAYS (Reviews)
However, the above measures may not be enough, therefore, for greater fidelity, “experienced” device owners recommend taking two more steps:
Removal of the latter is carried out using a computer browser.
To delete using a computer, you need to connect the iPhone.
Then you need to launch the iTune program. After entering the account data, it is given the opportunity to completely delete the account.
If the phone does not turn on, this method will not help to remove.
- Go to the link https://www.icloud.com/.
- Enter a username and password to access their data.
- The iPhone will receive a verification code, which is entered into the appropriate field on the site.
- The site will ask if you can trust the browser you are using. The answer must be in the affirmative.
- Choose an icon that says “Find iPhone”.
- After that, enter the password.
- You can see exactly where the devices are located on the map. Choose your phone from their list and give the command to delete data.
When Selling an iPhone, It’s Important to Delete Your Personal Information.
You need to do the following:
- Unpair with paired devices.
- Perform a full copy of all data from the smartphone being sold.
- Sign out of all services provided by Apple used on this phone.
The last action is performed in this way:
- Go to the settings section.
- Go to “Username”.
- Scroll down to the end of the page.
- Press the “Exit” button.
- You will need to enter a password to confirm your intention.
After clicking Turn Off, you are now logged out of all Apple services.
How to Unlink iPhone from Apple ID Former Owner
In order to use this method, you need to download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
Next, perform the following actions:
How to Remove Apple ID From iPhone without Password
- First run the program.
- At the bottom, you need to pay attention to the right block of links and click on the inscription “Account”. Then enter her data.
- In the window that opens, select the item “iTunes in the cloud” and follow the link “Manage devices”.
The user profile is now remotely deactivated.
Removing from icloud
- The site https://www.icloud.com/ requires a password and login.
- Then a verification code will be sent.
- After entering it, you need to go to the list of devices installed by the user and point to the desired.
- In the window that appears, click on the “Delete” button.
Unlinking the smartphone from the personal data of the previous owner is now complete.
How to check for Activation Lock
Such verification was possible before the beginning of 2017.
Apple experts blocked the ability to check Activation Lock by smartphone IMEI, citing the fact that hackers used this opportunity.
At the moment, such a check is not provided on the site.
Previously, this could be done by following the link https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/. IMEI was entered in the corresponding field, typed in captcha and clicked “Continue”. The next window provided information about the presence of Activation Lock.
How to Delete iCloud Account of Previous iPhone User?
Disconnect Apple ID Account on iPhone
STEP 1. Go to Settings. iCloud. STEP 2. Scroll down the screen and click Exit, then click Exit again. STEP 3. When asked what to do with the data, click on “Remove from iPhone”, then enter your Apple ID password. May 4, 2020.
How to unlink iPhone from iPhone?
First, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Then you should go to the “Find iPhone” section. In it, you need to select “All devices” and then. in the list that appears. find the smartphone that you want to untie. Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision.
How to remove the old owner’s Apple ID?
- Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Open Find My iPhone.
- Click “All devices” at the top of the screen.
- Select the device you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device].
- Click “Remove from Account”.
How to log out of Aycloud if you don’t remember your password?
- Go to the Apple () System Preferences and click iCloud.
- Select “Account”.
- If you need to enter your Apple ID password, click Forgot Apple ID or Password? and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select “Security” “Reset Password” or “Change Password”.
How to log into Iclaud from two iPhones?
Sign in to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Click Sign in to [device]. Enter your Apple ID and password. If prompted, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number and complete the sign-in process.
How to sync two iPhones with each other?
How to sync iPhone with another iPhone?
- Go to “Settings” iCloud “Storage & Copies”.
- Turn on Copy to iCloud.
- Click “Create Copy”.
- Wait for the backup to complete.
Is it possible to have two iPhones on one account?
It can be not only iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac, but also Windows computers or Android smartphones. Initially, no more than 10 devices can be linked to Apple ID, while more than 5 computers cannot be linked to one account.
How to turn off syncing with another iPhone?
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Select “Settings” [your name].
- Click iCloud.
- To turn iCloud on or off, click the toggle next to it.
Through phone settings
For this step, you only need a phone with Wi-Fi and nothing else. This instruction is relevant for all models of Apple gadgets, as well as any firmware.
- We turn on the device and wait for it to fully launch. If it is already enabled, then it is recommended to stop applications running in the background.
- Go to the iPhone settings menu. Usually, the corresponding icon is located on the main screen of the phone.
- Scroll down to the “iTunes Store and App Store” column and click on it.
- In the window that opens, at the top of the screen, there will be information about the user account currently registered. You must click on the “Apple ID” column, as shown by the arrow in the screenshot below.
- Click on the “Exit” button and agree with all the actions proposed to us.
Following the steps above allowed you to sign out of your account in just a couple of minutes. For best results, you need to reset your phone to factory settings and erase all unnecessary data. To do this, use the instructions below:
- Go to the iPhone settings menu by clicking on the corresponding icon on the main screen of the device.
- Scroll through the menu until we find the line “Basic”. Click on it.
- Scroll through all the settings to the end and at the bottom of the screen there will be a “Reset” key. Click on it.
- Before you are presented several parameters, by clicking on which you can return certain types of settings to the factory state. Since we bought a phone and want to customize it completely for ourselves, we click on the very first line “Reset all settings”. After that, we agree with all the proposed actions and wait for the gadget to restart. If you want to clear only individual sections, then select the appropriate option.
The device will automatically restart. Do not be afraid that this may take too long. If the phone restart takes 5, 10, 15 minutes, then this is completely normal and you have no reason to worry.
It is also very important to track the status of the Find My iPhone option. It must be disabled. Its inclusion is permissible only if you are logged in with your own username. In order to check the status of the “Find iPhone” option, use our instructions:
- Go to the settings menu by clicking on the icon on the main screen.
- The first window that opens will display the iPhone account block at the top of the screen. Click on it as shown in the screenshot below.
- Scroll down the screen to the “Find iPhone” column. We check that it is in the off state.
After checking all the above steps, you can be 100% sure that the iPhone is unlinked from the previous owner’s account. You can safely enter your data and download the necessary applications from your account.
What is Apple ID
Before analyzing all the questions regarding iPhone unlinking, we suggest learning in more detail what an Apple ID is and why you need it. Apple ID is a kind of unique iPhone user account that is registered separately for each device. This account allows you to fully familiarize yourself with all services from Apple.
To register, you must specify your Gmail mailbox and come up with a password. Creating an Apple ID is mandatory for every iOS gadget, be it an iPhone 4, 5S, 6 or 10. it doesn’t matter at all. Consider the main functionality that opens up to the user after registration:
The Apple ID account collects data about the installation of games and applications and allows them to be installed in the future on another device from the “Apple” manufacturer.
Removing a device from an iCloud account
There are two options to remove your phone from your iCloud account. How to do this using the iCloud.com website is described above. Let’s see how to do this directly using the phone:
- Go to the device settings and click on the account window at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the very end and at the bottom we find the “Exit” button. Click on her.
- We confirm the operation by pressing the “Exit” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Thanks to our quick guide, you were able to successfully remove the device from your Icloud account in two to three minutes.
Disconnecting an account
It is better to unlink the iPhone from the account in advance or immediately before the sale or purchase, so that in the future it will not cause any inconvenience to anyone. It is also very important to do it correctly, so as not to delete anything unnecessary from the phone’s memory and not accidentally activate unnecessary settings or parameters. Let’s consider several options, using which you can easily untie the phone from Apple ID and log in with your own username.
To follow these instructions, you need to download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- First of all, open the iTunes Store and scroll through all the sections. In the lower block “Management”, click on the first line “Account”.
- We enter the account data and the program dialog box will open in front of you. We are looking for the “iTunes in the cloud” section and click on the “Manage devices” button, as shown in the screenshot below.
- In the window that appears, click on “Delete” and confirm the actions.
Important! Only 5 computers can be linked to one device. The sixth binding will be unavailable.
Purchased iPhone is linked to someone else’s account. what to do?
The situation when you bought an iPhone, and later found that it was linked to someone else’s account, is rather sad. There are not many ways out of this situation, but it’s worth trying.
Perhaps the person who sold the iPhone just forgot to unlink it from their previous account. In this case, you should call him or contact him in another convenient way and ask for the password for the account. Or ask for a meeting so that the previous owner unlocks the phone on his own. In the optimal case, the person will kindly agree and help you in solving the current situation.
Unlinking iPhone from accounts is a must when selling or buying an iPhone. This must be done not only for security reasons, because there is a risk of losing access to the device, but also for the comfort of use. Having cleared the phone of old data, accounts and other files, a person who bought an iPhone from their hands gets a clean device with factory settings. It becomes possible to customize the system, taking into account all the preferences of the new user. Above, there are a few instructions to help you reset and delete unneeded profiles.
Is it possible to delete an account on a gadget
If a user needs to unlink an iPhone from an Apple ID, there are several ways to do this. For example, it is possible to erase all data. The company also proposes to uninstall via iTunes.
- If the user decides to remove all data from the device, then it will be impossible to restore the deleted profile. You will need to use a different email address to create a new account. The same e-mail address cannot be used. In order not to lose all files from your smartphone, you can create a backup.
How to remove iCloud
Each owner of the gadget has a personal Icloud, all photos, documents, music records and videos are stored in the account. If the user decides not only to disable the profile, but also to clear it, then all data from the phone will be deleted. For this reason, it is recommended to consider whether there is a need to remove cloud storage. If the owner decided to reset the account on the iPhone, then he can do it according to the following scheme:
- first, the user must go to the section with the gadget settings;
- then the item “Aykloud” is selected;
- now in the list you need to click on the name “Delete account”;
- for the data to be cleared, you will need to confirm the deletion procedure;
- the phone will display a message about whether you want to save the settings and contacts that are in Safari and on your smartphone;
- the owner can erase them or save the necessary data;
- now the user will be required to enter the password for accessing the profile;
- then the “Find iPhone” function is disabled, if the option is activated.
- When the actions are completed, Icloud will be removed from the phone.
How to Delete Apple ID on iPhone
In 2018, Apple offered users the option to delete their account. This means that it will be impossible to recover data after its destruction. This method may be needed by the user in the event that the sale of a smartphone is required or the cell phone has been lost. Learn more about how to unlink iPhone from Apple ID.
How to change your email address
The owner can set up personal data on the company’s website. If you need to change the parameters of the e-mail box, you must follow the following instructions:
- throwing off mail data is not difficult, for this you need to go to the Apple website;
- when the transition to the page is completed, you need to scroll to the end;
- the user should find the item “Manage your Apple ID”;
- as soon as the link is completed, the client will see the account data;
- now you need to log in to the system;
- further, the owner needs to answer two questions that were set during registration in the account;
- the “Change” button is pressed, the button is located next to the profile parameters;
- now the owner clicks on the “Change Apple ID” button;
- a form will be displayed on the screen, a new e-mail address is entered into it;
- answers to security questions are again indicated;
- if the user does not remember the answers, the “Reset” key is pressed;
- a message will be sent to the specified mail to confirm the change of address.
As soon as the owner clicks on the link in the email, he / she confirms the changes to the account settings. After that, you can register a new Apple ID profile.
How to completely delete a profile
If it is necessary to delete the old owner’s Apple ID account, the customer can apply this reset option. After completing the procedure, the password and other cellular data will be erased. We recommend that you only delete your account if you cannot do without it. often, this method is used if you want to untie the email box.
If we look at the settings of the smartphone, then the user may notice that there is no function for completely deleting the account. For this reason, if the owner wants to delete the account on the iPhone, he will have to contact the technical department of the company. To do this, you must follow these instructions:
- first, a browser opens on the computer;
- the name of the company is entered into the address bar and the transition to the main page is made;
- now you should find the item “Apple specialists” on the screen;
- when the transition is made, the owner selects “Get help”;
- several options will be displayed on the screen, you should select the subsection “Apple ID”;
- here the owner will not find the item he needs, so the section titled “About Apple ID” is selected;
- then you should indicate that the topic is not in the list;
- now a description of the question is required from the user;
- only 140 characters are placed in the window, so it will not be possible to describe the situation in detail;
- it is recommended to state the requirements clearly and concisely;
- as soon as the letter is written, you should click on the “Continue” button;
- after pressing the key, the system may offer to contact the technical department via the hotline;
- if the user can conduct a dialogue, he must select the appropriate item;
- additionally, the contact number for communication is indicated.
- In 5-10 seconds the phone will receive an incoming call from the company’s consultant. He will tell you in detail how to unlink iPhone from Apple ID.
Can i reset via iTunes
User can learn how to remove Apple ID by applying iTunes app. To do this, the owner will need access to a computer running Windows or MAC. The following scheme is used to clear information:
- iTunes starts on the stationary computer;
- then you need to find the “Store” section;
- here the “Enter” key is pressed;
- the user must provide their Apple ID login information;
- in the settings section you should find the item to enter your account;
- the owner makes the necessary changes;
- on the official website the same actions are performed.
When the procedure is completed, the gadget owner’s profile will be erased.
Unbinding method through the Apple portal
The owner can independently sign out of the Apple ID, the available methods for signing out of the profile were described above. If the options presented earlier do not suit the client, he can use the official website of the company. To do this, the user is advised to follow the instructions:
- the name of the site is entered in the browser line and the page is entered;
- then you should log in to the profile to get into your personal profile;
- now you need to find the item “Delete” on the screen;
- before removing Apple ID from iPhone, you need to indicate the reason for the procedure;
- a form will be displayed on the page, the necessary data for feedback is entered into it;
- now the owner must confirm the desire to delete the account.
When the deletion request is submitted, it will take a few minutes to process it. A link will be displayed on the screen. You need to go to it in order to clear all data.
How to completely remove an Apple ID
To do this, you need to go to the special section of the Apple website dedicated to data privacy, log in with your Aplpe ID and answer security questions, select the “Delete account” item and start the process.
There are a few simple steps here, such as: specifying the reason for deleting an account, confirming that you have read the terms and conditions for deleting, entering an email address to receive information on the procedure.
This is followed by an important point. a 12-digit code will be generated, which will remain the only way for the user to confirm his identity if he changes his mind to delete the account. The procedure itself takes up to seven days, which are required by the support service to confirm the legality of the request, after which the user will receive a notification to the specified E-mail or phone number.
Wipe Apple ID completely
There can be several reasons for permanently deleting Apple ID, most often it is connected with the user’s desire to clear his “history” on Apple servers and create a new account. What will be deleted in this case?
- All personal data about the user without the possibility of recovery;
- All purchases in iTunes, App Store and other Apple services are non-recoverable;
- All data from the cloud service iCloud without the possibility of recovery.
Why remove Apple ID?
In fact, by “removing Apple ID” most users mean decoupling the identifier from a specific device. For example, when buying or selling an iPhone or iPad, so that the new owner does not get access to correspondence in iMessage, personal photos, contact list and in order to avoid problems in the future when using the device directly, it is necessary to unlink the iPhone or iPad from iCloud (delete Apple ID) and disable activation lock (Find iPhone, Activation Lock).
Another common case is the use of content from one account by multiple users. For example, there is a “corporate” Apple ID for which the necessary set of content has been purchased (applications from the App Store, books in iBooks, Apple Music subscriptions, whatever), and ordinary employees at the right time (for example, to install updates) leave their personal Apple ID accounts and are authorized under the “corporate”.
However, there are also cases when Apple ID needs to be deleted irrevocably. The ability to do this without directly contacting Apple technical support appeared only recently, and at the end of this article we will talk about how to completely destroy all data about yourself stored on the company’s servers.
Remove iCloud (Apple ID), or How to Unlink iPhone or iPad from Apple Account?
As you know, in all its devices and services, Apple uses a single user identification system, which requires the latter to authorize via Apple ID to perform important actions. buying and downloading content, managing confidential data and settings, etc. At the same time, many owners of iOS devices and Macs often face the need to unlink or completely remove Apple ID.
How to Remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID to iCloud Remotely
Go to iCloud.com from a computer and log in with the Apple ID and password of the iPhone or iPad owner;
Select the “Find iPhone” section. Click on the All devices button at the top of the screen. a list of devices linked to this account will appear, select the one you need;
If the device is offline, click Remove from Find iPhone.
If the device is online. in the window that appears on the right, select “Erase iPhone”. Confirm the deletion and complete the procedure by clicking “Remove from account”.
How to remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID in iCloud if you have the device in your hands
When you sign out of Apple ID on a mobile device, iOS will ask you to delete data, while you can leave some of them (for example, Contacts and Notes) or not delete anything at all, saving all the content on the gadget. It is important to understand that we are talking only about the information that is stored on the built-in physical storage, while most users additionally synchronize Photos, Contacts, Messages and other data with the iCloud cloud. This allows you to completely erase and unlink your iPhone from your Apple ID, and then easily and quickly restore all content to another device.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (at the very top where your first and last name are listed).
In the latest versions of iOS, the user is offered three options for logging out of the Apple ID account:
- Sign out of iCloud and the Store. completely decouple Apple ID from the device;
- Exit the Store. iCloud sync is still working, apps from the App Store, for example, can be installed from another account;
- Signing out of iCloud. on the contrary, leaves the user under the current Apple ID in iTunes (App Store, Apple Music, etc.), but disconnects the device from the cloud service.
In the pop-up window that appears, select “Sign out of iCloud and Store” if you need to sign out of iCloud (unlink the device) and services from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, etc. Or the item “Log out of iCloud”, if you just need to unlink the device from iCloud.
Enter the password to disable Find My iPhone and tap Off.
Now go to Settings → General → Reset → Erase Content and Settings.
After entering the password, click “Erase [device]”.
After completing the above steps, the iOS device will be removed (untethered) from iCloud with the activation lock turned off (Find iPhone, Activation Lock). In addition, the iPhone or iPad will be reset to factory settings, deleting all data.
How to check if there are unfamiliar devices associated with your Apple ID account
To make sure that there are no devices that do not belong to you associated with your Apple ID account (perhaps, you are being followed), do the following.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (where your first and last name appears).
You will see a list of devices that are also tied to the Apple ID that you are using.
Select an unfamiliar device that does not belong to you.
Click “Remove from Account” and then “Remove”.
Change your Apple ID password immediately by:
- launch the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section.
- select Password & Security, and then click Change Password.
- Change your password. You can learn more about Apple ID password requirements in this article. And how to come up with complex passwords and never forget them, we talked about here.