How to transfer viber from iPhone to iPhone
Porting Viber and all of its messages
Messengers. Viber, Telegram, Snapchat and others. Are actively entering people’s lives, because they are universal communication tools for every taste. Nowadays gadgets change each other quite often, but the desire to communicate with friends and relatives remains always. Many users face problems when they need to transfer viber to another device.
First of all, there are three important points to note:
Transferring Viber messages from Android to iOS devices is not possible.
Do not forget to update Viber to the latest version on the application page in the store.
The following is an in-depth look at migrating Viber for Android and iOS.
How to transfer Viber to another computer
What to do if you need to transfer Vyber to a new computer? You do not need to make a copy or backup copy. The computer version is automatically synchronized with the mobile version.
How to transfer Viber to another computer:
- Start the new PC or laptop.
- Install a new version of the messenger on it.
- Scan the code that opens on the screen with your cell phone camera.
To start synchronization, open Vyber on your phone and confirm the action again.
Important. It takes several minutes to make a backup. You cannot transfer messages from your computer to your phone. The mobile version is the main version and the computer copies all information from it.
Make a backup and set up a backup
Messenger does not save your precious correspondence by itself, it does not restore them. But, you can manually create a backup, set up an automatic data backup once and never worry about it again. Iphone and Android owners can create a backup.
You can only back up data that you have right now. When you create a new copy of the data, the old one will be deleted.
Important! Not all types of data in messages can be restored!
You can only retrieve text messages and a list of public accounts you are subscribed to. Save personal photos and videos on your device.
Back up your Android messages
Make sure you have the latest version of the app and follow the simple instruction. First, make sure that your Viber account has access to cloud storage. On Android, it’s Google Drive.
After that, do the following:
Done! A copy of your text messages (no more) successfully uploaded to your cloud storage and ready to use. How to download it will be described below.
Now you need to set up automatic backups so that you don’t have to resort to this procedure every time. Go to the same place where you created the copy and do 2 simple steps:
Back up your conversations on iOS
Again, you need access to cloud storage. On the iPhone, it’s iCloud. Here’s how to secure this access:
- Open the system’s Settings app.
- Click on the iCloud tab and sign in to your account.
- Select the “iCloud Drive” setting and activate it.
- Look for Viber in the list of apps that appear and access.
All set up. Next, everything is very simple:
- Go to the “” screen.
- Select the “Account” section in the settings list.
- Go to “Backup” tab.
- Click on “Backup” and wait for it to finish.
- You can choose how often you want to update: weekly or monthly.
Done! Backups are created and updated automatically. Now we need to figure out how to restore them to the new device.
Using standard tools
This procedure is performed by using Google Disk cloud storage, which must be installed on two Android smartphones. This operation only migrates the text information that was in the correspondence. This means that all data, which can include media files, contacts, and call history, is lost.
The algorithm for transferring dialogs from Viber to another phone consists of the following steps:
- Go to messenger settings.
- Open the “Account” tab.
- Select the “Backup” group, and then set up a connection to cloud storage.
- Choose an account which is activated on your device and linked to the actual email. If the account you want to copy is not in the list, you just need to add a new profile by signing in to Gmail.
- Then select “Create a copy” and wait. The time required to transfer data depends on the amount of content you copy.
- On the new smartphone, you need to install the latest version of the messenger, perform the standard login procedure using a valid number. Then go to the account settings and select the “Restore” tab in the “Backup” group.
- The process of restoring all data from the backup will start automatically.
- After its completion, all correspondence appears again in the new smartphone need. Using this data transfer from Android to Android saves text messages and stickers.
You can also use this method if you accidentally delete a conversation or reset an account on one of your smartphones.
Notice the! In order to restore the correspondence you will need a Vyber installation of at least 184.108.40.206, as other versions do not support this feature.
How to transfer messages in Viber to another smartphone?
First we save the data, then we activate the backup on the new device. To do this on your old smartphone:
- Open messenger.
- Go to the bottom right tab with three “” dots. The profile will open.
- Go to “Settings” “Account”.
- If you changed your phone number together with the new smartphone, then select “Change phone number”. Enter new data.
- If the phone number remains the same or you have updated it following the instructions in the previous paragraph, then click on “Backup” “Create now”.
- Wait while copying and saving data.
- Download Viber, open it, enter your country and phone number.
- Receive an SMS with a confirmation code, enter it into the Viber dialog box.
- Sign up by following the instructions on the screen.
- Connect your iCloud account in your Viber profile settings.
- Go to “Settings” “Account” “Backup” “Restore. Wait for process to complete.
Recommend to restore data via Wi-Fi connection, to avoid high consumption of mobile traffic.
Is it possible to restore media files on the new phone
Only text messages are moved to the cloud storage when backing up. Images, photos and videos are not saved. Important media files have to be uploaded to the cloud storage by yourself when you switch smartphones.
To do this, open the desired dialog, view the files contained in them. After selecting the object perform a manual save. Files go into a separate folder from where they can be transferred to your new phone by email or by connecting your device to your computer.
How to Backup,Restore Viber Messages on iPhone|Transfer Viber from iPhone to iPhone
This messenger offers two ways to create backups. The first is a general backup through a backup of the device itself, and the second through email.
Of course, in the first case, it is impossible to transfer an Anroid backup to iOS, and in order to prevent users from even trying to do something with the copy sent by e-mail, the company’s website warns:
Please note that message history saved in a backup file cannot be restored on a different device.
It turns out that the backup is only necessary to store the history in case of emergency, and not for its recovery on another device.
How to transfer Viber to another device with all your messages?
First of all, there are three important points to note:
It is not possible to transfer Viber messages from an Android device to an iOS device.
You can transfer Viber to your computer: just download the version for Windows and synchronize it with your smartphone.
Don’t forget to update to the latest version of Vyber on the app’s page in the store.
Как перенести переписку в Viber с Android на iPhone
Transferring the application itself is not a complicated process. You just need to go to Play Market from your new smartphone, enter Viber in the search box and select the first value. If you use the same SIM card, the app will contain the contacts that were on your previous device.
Unfortunately, the correspondence will turn out to be empty. Below you can learn how to transfer Viber messages to a new device, if necessary.
The thing is that Viber stores the archive with all the correspondence directly on the smartphone, in the database folder. You can’t just move the Vyber archive to another phone: The developers have not made this possible.
For this reason, to transfer Viber correspondence from phone to phone you will have to go through the following algorithm of actions:
- Connect the smartphone which stores all the necessary correspondence to the computer via USB.
- Using the standard Explorer, find the database folder and transfer it to the PC.
- Disconnect your smartphone from the computer and connect the one to which you want to transfer the messages from Viber.
- Turn on the display of the file format, if you have it disabled. It will be much easier. On the connected smartphone, find the same folder (Viber should already be installed), and in it. Three files with an extension other than.Journal.
- Open “Properties” of the files and copy or paste the GID and UID values one by one.
- Among the previously copied files, find pairs of the same name and change their GID and UID to those copied or written in the previous step.
- You can now transfer files from your PC to your new smartphone, to the database folder.
- Stop Viber and open it again. All the correspondence should appear.
After you have followed all the steps consistently, you can consider that you have succeeded in transferring Viber to another phone.
Here the process is a little easier. First, you need to back up the archive with the correspondence. You can do this in two ways:
If automatic backups of your correspondence history are not enabled in the app settings, you can create a copy to transfer by clicking the “Create now” button. A status bar will appear underneath, with which you can monitor the progress. The app will notify you when the copy is complete.
Here it is necessary to follow the instructions provided by Apple for such cases.
In both cases the correspondence will be securely saved and synchronized with either the PC or the cloud service. After that, you will need to sign in to the AppStore on your new device and install Viber from the store. After completing the installation, Viber will offer to restore the history of correspondence.
Done! Thanks to the simple instruction, you were able to transfer Viber and messages from your old device to your new one.
I work as a usual fixer, and once I also had quite an ordinary story. Moving the person to a new and different computer. I will not go into much detail, I will simply say that it was necessary to transfer the history of Viber, which was vital for this person.
Viber has an interesting feature: synchronization begins at the moment of installation. That is, if you installed Viber on your PC at 10.00, messages sent and received in 9.58 you will not see in the history. But all subsequent ones, regardless of whether the program is running or not, will be picked up automatically at startup.
So the option of a new installation did not work for me. I turned to the official way of backing up messages. The Viber website reported that this feature is present. But with one interesting nuance. This history can not be recovered. I do not know who thought it up and what he was guided by such a decision, but I was not going to stock up a glass of wine, sit by the fireplace and read my old messages.
All right, let’s try another way. Full transfer of the program. For those who are not familiar with Viber for Windows, I will tell you that it stores itself and all information in the user’s personal folder. For Windows 7 it’s %USERPROFILE%\AppData\. The Local subfolder contains the program itself, and the Roaming. What we’re most interested in is the magic phone number folder. It is not superfluous to mention the folder ViberDownloads in Documents, which is a treasure trove for those who like to steal provocative photos. Well, the conditions were almost perfect. On the old and new computers was installed Win7 x64, username and domain name were the same on both PCs. Just try the transfer and voila. I got the following message at startup:
I was surprised at the result. I did see the history in the background. Pressing the “Continue” button runs a new registration process, which of course erases everything. I decided to dig further in this direction.
Roaming in the folder with the phone number, I found 2 db files and decided to slip them only. Same result. And individually?
Voila! From viber.Db worked! But, however, we had to register first.
So, to transfer the message history requires :
- Copy the file %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\ViberPC\%phone number%\viber in advance.Db
- Log in to the new computer
- Transfer our viber file.Db in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\ViberPC\%phone number%\ on the new PC
But I didn’t stop there. What if you try to take the viber file.Db from another number? И.
It worked. It turns out I can read a user’s messages with access to their profile. I can’t send messages on his behalf, nor can I read messages that came/sent after copying another user’s file. Whether that makes me happy or sad, I haven’t decided. But I decided to notify Viber support. Three futile attempts and a month of waiting for a response. Not what I would expect from a pretty big company.