How To Connect To Sony Tv Via Phone
Analog cable connection
Analog cable is an outdated technology used on older televisions. The principle of operation is the same as for HDMI. Just plug in and wait for the automatic connection window to appear.
If you have any questions or complaints. Let us know
The downside is that this option does not support all formats of yours.
Wi-Fi Direct function
Make sure your TV has the latest firmware before use. The phone should also check for system updates.
- Activate Wi-Fi Direct;
- Enable connection with iOS;
- Confirm the start of synchronization;
- When the list of network connections opens, click “Direct-xx-BRAVIA” and enter the security key;
- Take the security key on the TV screen;
- Wait 2-5 minutes while the connection is being established;
- Start the.
Apple TV is a standalone digital media player. Outwardly, it looks like a tuner, and has an infrared port. It connects to TV over the air and streams files up to 1080p.
The use of DLNA standards creates contact over Ethernet cable or wirelessly over Wi-Fi. To create a DLNA connection:
- Connect your phone via USB;
- Open the “Applications” section;
- Select “DLNA connection”;
- Check the box “Enable”;
- Then select “Add a shared folder”;
- Select files to sync through the “Browse Files”;
- Download AVPlayer or nPlayer to your phone;
- Start the media player;
- Select the DLNA internet center;
- Select components to play and run them.
How to connect an iPhone to a Sony Bravia TV via Wi-fi
First, let’s look at the advantages of the connection:
- Broadcastings from your phone in high quality and with good “live” sound;
- The ability to organize calls, conferences, Skype meetings on the big screen;
- View photos and other visual content from your phone.
- Through built-in functionality;
- By air. Via shared Wi-Fi;
- Via third party applications.
Next, we consider in detail each connection method.
To connect a mobile device to a TV, you need the following tools:
- The corresponding cable. If we are talking about a connection via HDMI;
- Special software. It can be downloaded from the official App Store resource;
- Analog cable;
How to connect a laptop to a TV
We connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI cable.
- Connect the cable to the HDMI output of your laptop.
- Insert the other end of the cable into the HDMI input of your TV.
- On the remote control of your TV, press the button responsible for selecting the source of the displayed signal.
Today’s flat panel TVs, like computers, are digital devices. Via HDMI, it became possible to transmit high quality files simultaneously with sound transmission.
High-Definition Multimedia Interface or abbreviated. HDMI, in translation: high definition multimedia interface. Most cards provide the ability to connect a computer to a TV via hdmi.
How to connect a TV to a computer via HDMI. How to connect HDMI to TV
Shutdown. We turn off both devices so as not to burn the ports. We connect the computer (laptop) to the TV using an HDMI cable. Plug one end of the cord into the HDMI out of your computer and the other end of the cord into the HDMI in of your TV. To avoid degrading the picture and sound quality, do not connect the DVI output (via an adapter) of the computer to the HDMI TV input, and vice versa. The connectors must be the same.
Loading. The cable is inserted. Turn on your TV and computer. Windows will boot on the connected computer. It will become clear that the TV is connected to an external source by the slight blinking of the screen. Do not forget to put the TV in AVI mode, it receives signals from an external source (connected computer), and not from an antenna. In AVI source mode, select the appropriate HDMI input of the TV.
Setting up. To connect your laptop or computer to the TV, adjust the picture. On the computer desktop, open the context menu with the right mouse button.
In Windows XP, select Properties, click the Options button. Click the “Advanced” button, select the appropriate value. The TV screen displays your computer desktop.
With Windows 7 and Windows 8 installed on your computer, right-click on an empty space, select “Screen Resolution”. Find the line “Screen” and choose the appropriate option. The connected TV is not automatically detected? In the same window, click the “Find” button.
Wait for the TV search to finish. Set the maximum screen resolution by selecting “monitor” and “frequent screen refresh” in the tab.
At the top in the “Screen Settings” we determine which screen we have the main (1st) and additional (2nd).
You must click “Define”. You will see the number “1” on the TV screen, and the number “2” on the computer / laptop screen. To remedy the situation, in the “Screen Resolution” window, click on the screen “2”. Check the box “Make the main monitor” and click the “Ok” button.
If necessary, in the properties of the map, adjust the resolution of the desktop size, color correction.
Reboot. Restart your computer. Changes to settings will happen automatically.
Displaying what is happening on the smartphone on the TV screen
Let’s say a person needs to visit some sites in order to get a good look at their content, or play on a wide screen, using only a mobile and TV source. Roughly speaking, a person wants to reproduce the contents of a phone display on a TV screen. Let’s assume that the phone has a microusb connector, and the TV has an Hdmi connector. This situation happens often. To solve the described problem, you need to use a microusb-hdmi cable or adapter, by the following sequence of actions:
- We connect the cable to the TV hdmi connector;
- Turn on the TV;
- A menu appears. We click the item of the media device;
- Choose a suitable hdmi output;
- Starting actions with the phone.
Thus, the owner of the smartphone performs the desired actions, and their result is shown on the TV screen.
When choosing an adapter, you should pay attention to such parameters as the type of signal, supported resolutions, surround and compressed sound channels, material of manufacture. Also, compare the number of contacts of the adapter and the phone cable. It is advisable to purchase an adapter with the MHL standard, specially adapted for connecting phones to equipment capable of operating in full HD mode. A similar adapter charges the device when it is transmitted.
over, some modern models support the new Mhl 3.0 standard. It allows you to transmit 4K images at 3840×2160 resolution and 30 frames per second. It supports True HD and DTS HD Ma audio formats used in Blu-ray.
Some brands have implemented the Slimport standard. Here are a number of models that support it:
- Lg G2;
- Lg G3;
- Lg g4;
- Nexus 4;
- Nexus 5;
- Nexus 7 Tablet;
A complete list can be found here.
With this type of connection, there is no need to connect power, as well as to configure Android. Transmitted without decoding, and also without output delays. However, the standard assumes the use of quality wires. Therefore, it is better not to buy cheap options.
How to connect your phone to a TV using a USB cable
The phone and TV seem to be completely different, incompatible things. But, time is running forward, and technologies and techniques of communication and image transmission are changing. Today many people want to know how to connect a phone to a TV via usb for the following reasons:
- The need to watchs when the user visits different sites, especially YouTube. Quality is best viewed on the big screen;
- Desire to view photographs. The small screen of the mobile phone does not allow evaluating the contents of the picture;
- The desire to get a good impression of colorful games launched from the cell;
- Mismatch between storage capabilities and playback capabilities of high-quality material on mobile phones.
The fact is that the better the quality, the larger the file size. Modern phones are endowed with significant amounts of internal memory and support flash drives to increase it. They can store top quality movies. But, movies should not be watched on mobiles, since modern TVs use new technologies for processing frames and images. The screen size allows you to clearly see what is happening.
Compare the impressions after watching a Blu-ray movie if the diagonal is 70 and 3 cm, respectively. (See photo)
But TVs don’t have the ability to store files. Therefore, to enjoy the movie or recording you are watching, you need to show the file on a television screen. In this case, the smartphone must be connected to a suitable port.
Ports of this type are common, so the answer to the question. Is it possible to connect the cell to the TV via USB. Obvious. This is possible today. The main methods are described below.
Transfer to TV with Vga connector
The second method involves using two adapters, the sockets of which are visible in the photo.
The microusb-hdmi adapter should be connected to the smartphone, connect it with the hdmi-vga adapter, insert the VGa end into a suitable socket on the TV. Thus, the result obtained will be due to the characteristics of the two cables.
When trying to connect, there are two kinds of basic problems. These are problems of recognizing devices or files.
They are usually caused by the following:
- Incorrect connection. The solution is simple. The connected phone must be reconnected following the instructions.
- Using the MTP mode by the Android system. Solved either by the described method, or by replacing the phone firmware.
- The TV does not read files. This is because this type of technique does not support all file formats. The only way out is to copy the file to your computer, and then convert it to a supported format using special programs. The most commonly supported files are mp4 and avi. Sometimes re-filmed.
View files from mobile
Let’s say a mobile or card stores photos or that you just need to look at. Then you need a microusb-usb adapter. The TV must have the specified connectors. In this section, you will learn how to connect a mobile phone to the TV using the USB port. You should act like this:
- Plugs cord into microusb phone jack.
- The smartphone will prompt you to select a connection mode. Drive mode selected.
- Using the remote control, the TV is switched to media reading mode.
- The “Multimedia”, “usb” or other button is pressed, depending on the TV model.
- When there are no such buttons, press “Source”.
- The Signal Source menu appears. The appropriate section is selected. See an approximate view below.
The connection on the port in question may be interfered with by the file transfer mode settings called MTP. It is often used by default when the smartphone recognizes the connected device. Then you need to configure the boot in drive mode. For this, the following sequence of steps is performed;
- Download the Android terminal emulator program;
- We launch it;
- In the window that appears, enter su (superuser);
- You will be prompted for master user rights. We confirm it;
- Type the line setprop persist.Sys.Usb.Config mass_storage, adb;
- Press the enter key;
- We type reboot, then click the same thing again;
- The phone will restart.
When you need to put the download again through the aforementioned mode, enter the Android commands:
- Su (confirm);
- Setprop persist.Sys usb.Config mtp.Adb;
The method of using the phone’s USB port is determined by the purpose of the connection. If you need the TV screen to show the phone screen, then either microusb-hdmi adapters are used, or their combination with hdmi-Vga. If you just need to look at the file, then a microusb-usb connection is made. The main problems are caused by incorrect file format or MTP settings. Choose the methods of connecting the communication device and television equipment, based on the needs.
When everything is connected, we take up the TV remote control. Our task is to switch it to read media files.
How to do it? Here everything will depend on the TV manufacturer, different companies organize this path in different ways, some have a “MULTIMEDIA” or “USB” button right on the remote control. In some models of Sony and LG TVs, you can switch to multimedia mode through the “HOME.”
Another very common option is to find the “SOURCE” button on the remote control; it is often indicated by a rectangle with an arrow pointing inward. Click on this button and get into the menu for selecting signal sources, for example.
Menu for switching TV inputs, in this example you need to select the third item “USB”
But I repeat in different brands of TVs it will be in its own way, the general principle remains. “You need to choose USB as a signal source, or this item can be called.” Multimedia “
We choose. And most often we find ourselves in another menu where we are asked to choose what type of files we want to view. “” “Audio” or “Photo”, select the one we want and view what we want. In fact, with such a connection, your smartphone acts as a memory card or flash drive, so if you had to view files from a flash drive on the TV, then you can handle the phone without problems, everything is the same, only a phone is connected instead of a memory card.
The advantages of this method are availability. A standard charging cable is used, which is widespread. And also the fact that your phone will be charged at the same time. The disadvantages include the fact that this method only allows you to view the files stored in the phone, but you cannot, for example, surf the Internet and display all this on the TV screen.
You cannot display a picture from a smartphone screen on a TV screen. But there are other ways for this.!
How to connect your phone to a TV, via USB or HDMI
It seems quite recently that mobile phones have burst into our lives, and now no one is surprised that a modern phone is no longer just a phone. In terms of its capabilities, a modern smartphone surpasses the technology used by the air defense forces of the North American continent in 1965.
In fact, we are witnessing the fastest introduction of technology into our lives in history, and often we cannot keep up with all the possibilities of our gadgets. Therefore, in this article we will try to figure out how to connect a phone to a TV.
Why is this needed? Well, it’s probably a good idea to see your files on a large screen, for example, a photo or. A modern smartphone connected to a TV, in fact, can be used as a compact media player.
There are several different ways to make such a connection, which one is right for you depends on your devices and their technical parameters. But let’s start in order. I will try as much detail as possible, since my experience shows that some users do not know, for example, how to make the necessary switching on the TV.
Fast navigation through the article
How to connect and what gives the connection of the phone to the TV via HDMI connectors
The next easy way to connect these two devices is via the HDMI port. And if your phone / smartphone has this connector, then there are no problems at all. Externally Micro-HDMI (and the phone will have “Micro” sometimes “Mini”) is very similar to “MicroUSB”, but it’s not the same thing. However, this type of output is not very common and there are not so many devices that have it.
For such a connection, you will need a MicroHDMI. HDMI cable. We connect the cable between the phone and the TV using the free HDMI port of the TV. On the TV, we enter the menu for selecting signal sources (more about this was a little higher in the text) and select the HDMI item that corresponds to the number of the HDMI port to which you connected. This is if there are several of these ports, for example HDMI 1 or 2. Often on the TV screen, the desired connected port is highlighted, so you won’t be mistaken.
Microhdmi. HDMI connection
The image from the phone screen should appear on the TV, if suddenly this did not happen, then perhaps the problem is in the phone settings. Usually everything happens automatically, but if this does not happen, you can configure it manually. Go to the phone settings and select the HDMI section, then look for the HDMI format. In the window that appears, select the resolution and frequency that your TV supports.
Advantages of this method: Everything on your smartphone screen is on the TV screen, surf the Internet, watch a movie online,s, play everything will be reflected through the big screen.
The disadvantages are that not all mobile devices have an HDMI output, as well as the fact that the phone will not be charged through this connection, you will have to connect the charger at the same time.
By the way, modern computers and laptops also have an HDMI port and it can also be used to connect them to a TV that has the same port. But here there is one important subtlety, not taking into account that you can disable both the TV and the computer. Read more about this here.
However, whatever one may say, the methods described above can already be considered outdated, they were replaced by new formats MHL, SlimPort and wireless technologies.
What else you need to remember
After viewing in the “Multimedia” mode, do not forget to re-enter the source selection menu and return to what was turned on, for example, it was the Antenna or HDMI input, especially if you were happy with your photos at someone’s place. It’s not good to leave the owners without a TV if they don’t know how to get everything back. Believe me, it happens. So make sure the TV is showing TV programs again.
How to connect and what gives the connection of the phone to the TV via USB connectors
The simplest possible connection is via the USB port. Your smartphone certainly has a MicroUSB port, I hope that your TV also has such a port, only without micro, just USB. We are talking about flat-panel TVs, you don’t need to look for it in older models.
The next ingredient we need is a connecting cable at one end of which there is a MicroUSB connector and at the other a USB. This is the same cable that you use to charge the phone, only now that end of the cable that you inserted into the charger must be connected to the USB port of the TV.
But what about the adapter that allows you to connect MicroUsb to HDMI
There is a misconception that you can purchase an adapter that you just plug into the MicroUsb connector of your mobile device, and. Voila! At the output, we have an HDMI signal for connecting to a TV. This is not entirely true, everything is somewhat more complicated and different. Read more about this in the next article.
MHL and SlimPort
This type of connection requires a special connector from the phones, and any TV that has an HDMI input will do. Most popular phone models are deprived of this kind of connectors, but still some manufacturers provide their offspring with such zest. These include Samsung, Sony, LG and Nexus.
Differences between MHL and SlimPort:
- MHL technology. Cables of this type have two types of connectors. Eleven and five-channel, and the former are preferred only for Samsung phones. MHL cables need an additional power supply, which is provided with a power supply connected via usb. This technology is capable of broadcasting images in quality up to 1080p (for modifications with interface version 2.0). The new Sony Xperia and Tablet models come with version 3.0 capable of reproducing 4K quality;
- Slimport technology. The main difference from MHL is the freedom from an additional power source. The quality of the transmitted picture remains the same, but with a high-quality cable;
Pay attention to the final:
HDMI cable connection
In principle, the whole process of connecting devices to each other is similar to synchronization via USB, but there are still some differences. First of all, you need to make sure that your TV and smartphone have HDMI and mini-HDMI ports, respectively. Now you need to choose a good HDMI cable for your TV, which you need to connect to the connectors described above. If such a cord is already available, then the task is further simplified. After these manipulations, it is necessary to turn on the HDMI mode on the TV (if there are several such inputs, then you need to select the one to which the connection was made), a window will appear on the phone about permission to switch the device to the external storage mode, which must be confirmed.
The main advantage over other synchronization methods is that HDMI gives the maximum image and audio stream quality, and also provides high speed multimedia data transfer. Before connecting your phone to the TV via HDMI cable, you must take into account the lack of charge. For this reason, you will have to additionally pop up the charger.
USB wired connection
Perhaps the easiest way to “connect” devices to each other. To learn how to connect your phone to a TV via a USB cable, you only need to prepare one thing. Your USB cable (preferably the one that came with the gadget). In this way, you can combine almost any phone with internal memory. We are talking about modern smartphones on any operating system. So, plug the cable into the appropriate jack on the TV, and connect the other end to the phone. In the TV settings, using the remote control, we select the signal mode from USB, and on the phone we confirm the transition of the device to the state of an external storage. That’s it, now you can play all media files from your phone to your TV screen.
- The downside of such a connection is the lack of using a browser, games and utilities.
Wi-Fi Direct Connection
For such a connection, it is necessary that wi-fi Direct technology is present on the phone and TV. If we consider smartphones, then you can find this function in the settings, in the “Wireless connections and networks” tab. By clicking on the wi-fi Direct option, the device will ask you to confirm its inclusion, which in fact needs to be done.
Now you need to enable the same function on your TV. Using the remote control, enter the settings menu, select the “Network” item, and in the window that opens, click on the wi-fi Direct line. After confirming that the option is enabled, the TV will start looking for available devices in the range of the wireless network, where your phone should be detected. After selecting the found device, confirm the connection by clicking the “OK” button. After that, the phone will also ask you to confirm the synchronization with the appropriate action. When both devices communicate with each other, you will be able to view all the content stored on the phone (photos, documents, audio recordings) on the big screen.
Let’s look at this procedure using the Sony BRAVIA as an example:
- The undoubted advantage of this method is its versatility. Wi-fi Direct technology is supported by many devices, regardless of price category and manufacturer.
A fairly simple way to connect a smartphone to a TV via Wi-fi, but only on one condition. Both devices must support this technology. In fact, such a function simply duplicates everything that happens on the phone screen and displays the image on the LED screen. The connection takes place directly, without the participation of a wi-fi router, but if the TV is connected to a home network, then wi-fi Direct mode must be enabled on it.
Not all manufacturers give the same name to Miracast, so different devices have the following names:
- Chinese phone models. Wireless Projector, Wireless Monitor, Wireless Display, Screen Mirroring;
- LG smartphones. Screenshare;
- Samsung. Allshare Cast;
- All phones on the Windows Phone platform. Project My Screen;
- Apple smartphones. Airplay utility.
It is described in more detail:
It would seem that such a connection is an ideal option for fully using the TV screen as a phone’s desktop, but there is one significant drawback, and it lies in the fact that the picture quality is significantly lost when broadcasting media files. This nuance can be circumvented, since when playing content from a smartphone, the player used has a button in one of the corners of the screen, marked HQ. By clicking on it, the image will improve, because the smartphone will switch to broadcast transmission via DLNA technology (this function does not work when using a web browser and games).
We connect a smartphone to a TV: 5 ways
It has long been no secret that all sorts of devices can be connected to a modern LED TV, which significantly expands its functions. One of these devices is the telephone. Their current models are crammed with a huge arsenal of programs that are “sharpened” for synchronization with TV. Multimedia interfaces, playgrounds, Internet surfing, online communication: all these transform your TV into a home entertainment center. Experts give their recommendations on how to connect your phone to a TV via a USB cable or a Wi-fi wireless adapter. Whether it’s an old smartphone or the new iPhone 7 Plus, there is always a simple and convenient way to pair it with a good bigger screen. Absolutely all models will be able to reproduce what you want.
- Wi-fi wireless connection
- Wi-Fi Direct Connection
- Miracast technology
- USB wired connection
- HDMI cable connection
- MHL and SlimPort
What will connect the phone to the TV
Once you connect your smartphone, you can use all its functions on the big screen. In other words, the mobile phone is transformed into a projector for subsequent transmission of the image to TV. As a result, you can on the big screen:
- View, photos and other content;
- Run games and all kinds of other applications;
- Engage in full-fledged Internet surfing;
- Arrange presentations, visual demonstrations.
For the most comfortable use of the TV through your phone, connect a keyboard or game joystick via Bluetooth. Play on TV will be even more convenient.
The mobile device can also be used as a remote control. To view from your phone on TV, just select one of the available options. Now let’s take a closer look at each of them.
We connect the phone to the TV in 3 proven ways
There are several ways to connect your mobile phone to your TV. Some of the possible options are able to turn the most ordinary smartphone into a full-fledged Smart set-top box. Some methods target the launch of specific media content. Let’s figure out how to connect a phone to a TV.
The connection features directly depend on the selected method. Consider the proven methods:
Let’s analyze their strengths and weaknesses. In addition, we will compose step-by-step instructions for each method so that users do not have any difficulties in the connection process.
Via USB cable
By connecting the phone to the TV via USB, the smartphone will be used as a memory storage device. This means that the image is not duplicated on the screen, as is the case with HDMI, but you can still reproduce media content.
Brief step by step instructions:
- Take the USB cable that comes with your mobile device, and then use it to connect your smartphone and TV. Absolutely all modern TV models are equipped with such connectors.
- Open the “Signal source” menu on the TV, if there is no Russian version, then this section will be called “Source”. Among all the proposed options, you must select “USB”. A similar principle must be followed when setting up the phone. Sync window pops up automatically.
As a result, the system interface of the smartphone will be displayed on the TV screen, you can move folders, files, as well as open and play them. In general, this interface is very much like a regular explorer on a computer. Control is carried out by an ordinary remote control.
Some TV models are equipped with functionality that allows you to launch an automatic device check for media content. The system will then offer to play the available files. Therefore, you cannot switch between root directories.
- The connection method is suitable for absolutely all devices;
- There is no need to purchase additional cords;
- Mobile device is charged directly from the TV.
We also list the weaknesses of this method:
- You can play only those files that are supported by the TV;
- You cannot launch games, mobile applications or display images on a large screen;
- No internet access.
Immediately, we note that this method is suitable for owners of modern models that are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi module. In addition, you need to have at your disposal a smartphone with the Android operating system at least the fourth version or an Apple iPhone at least 4S.
Step-by-step instructions for Wi-Fi Direct:
- On your mobile phone, go to the “Settings” menu, and then to the “Wireless networks” section and select the “Wi-Fi” item. When the list of networks available for connection appears on the screen, click on the button that calls the drop-down list. In it you need to select “Wi-Fi Direct”. What if there is no such command? Just go to the “Advanced settings” tab.
- Immediately after that, the search for available networks for connection via Wi-Fi Direct will start.
- We take the remote control from the TV, open the main menu, and then start looking for the “Network” subsection. As practice shows, this menu can be called up by pressing a separate button on the remote control. This section will open a list of possible connection methods, as in the case of a smartphone, select “Wi-Fi Direct”.
- This will start a search for available devices. To connect via TV, you must select the model of your smartphone from the list that appears. After that, a connection request will be sent to the phone. Confirm it.
After a few seconds, the mobile phone will connect to the TV via Wi-Fi, respectively, the signal transmission and image duplication will begin. You will be able to watch YouTube, movies, clips and other media files. You can also use your smartphone as a storage device. A flash drive.
If Wi-Fi Direct is not available on your smartphone or TV, try other methods. It is only necessary that the TV and the smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. over, the TV can be connected to the router not via Wi-Fi, but via a cable. Here are the ways:
- Applications with a name containing “DLNA Player”. For example, Bubble UPnP UPnPDLNA and others. The principle of operation in them is the same: select your TV, and then select the file you want to play;
- Using Miracast broadcasting or media server functions if available on your smartphone;
- When viewed in the YouTube app, a TV icon may appear at the top right. Clicking on it and selecting your TV will open the YouTube app and start playing this;
The main advantages of connecting via Wi-Fi:
- Lack of wires;
- The outputs are free, so the smartphone can be charged at any time;
- The TV is used as a monitor for playing media content and all kinds of applications;
- You can view web pages on the big screen.
Disadvantages of Wi-Fi Connection:
- The charge of the mobile device is quickly drained;
- Not all TVs and cell phones support Wi-Fi Direct.
Only owners of expensive TVs from leading companies: Sony, Samsung, LG and other popular manufacturers will be able to connect in this way.
Via HDMI cable
By far the HDMI cable is the easiest way to connect. The ideal option would be to have a special mini HDMI interface on your smartphone or tablet, which allows you to connect your cell phone to a TV. In the event that there is no such connector, use an adapter.
How do I connect my phone to a TV without Wi-Fi? Optimal solution. HDMI connector.
- On the TV, select HDMI in the source selection menu.
- Connect your mobile device using this cable, or use a special adapter.
- The system will automatically adjust the picture to the screen resolution. In the event that the picture has not been adjusted, while it remains too flattened or stretched, then do your own adjustment.
Now absolutely all actions performed on the smartphone will be automatically broadcast to the TV screen. To make the use of the large screen as comfortable as possible, connect a mouse, game joystick or keyboard to your phone. For this, it is better to choose an adapter with an existing USB input. To save battery power, turn off the display of your cell phone immediately.
- If there is a micro HDMI output, a charger can be connected to a free power connector to ensure uninterrupted operation of the mobile device;
- The user will be able to connect additional devices: flash drives, game joysticks, computer mouse, keyboard;
- The TV will function as a large screen.
There are also certain disadvantages:
- Not all smartphones are equipped with a micro HDMI interface;
- An adapter is most likely required for correct connection.
Now you know how to connect your smartphone to a TV using an HDMI cable, just follow the simple step-by-step instructions.
As practice shows, old models of television equipment have only a few external connectors, for example, tulips and SCART. Accordingly, to connect your phone to a TV, you will have to use additional adapters.
Now let’s talk about the methods discussed earlier. As noted above, only expensive models are equipped with wireless modules. In addition, only a few smartphones support Wi-Fi Direct technology. In this regard, the relevance of this method is in question.
USB connection is an extremely outdated method. Firstly, the user can play files that are supported by the TV: several formats, photo and audio. Internet surfing is excluded.
Based on this, to connect your cell phone to your TV, it is most reasonable to use an HDMI cable. This interface is supported by absolutely all models of television equipment. Even if this connector is not there, you can always pick up an adapter.