How to Connect Honor to TV
Connecting your smartphone to the TV will allow you to watch photos ors on the big screen, broadcast your favorite game, stream or from Youtube. In this article, we will tell you how to connect a Honor phone to a TV.
There are several ways to synchronize your smartphone with a TV. Depending on the means used to connect, they can be divided into 2 groups:
Use the navigation below to select the appropriate method.
- Wired connection
- Honor USB Connection
- Honor HDMI Connection
- Wireless connection
- Honor Connection via Wifi Direct
- Mirror Share (Wireless Projection)
The main condition for making the connection is the presence of the cable (adapter) and the corresponding output on the TV. The Honor smartphone can be connected to the TV via:
Honor USB Connection
To make such a connection, you can use the charging cable. Connecting is very simple. Insert the end of the cable with micro USB (for example, if you have Honor 7a) or USB Type-C (in the case of Honor 10 or 20) into the connector of the smartphone, and the other end of the cable into the USB connector of the TV.
In this case, the following window should appear on the smartphone:
You must select the “File Transfer”.
After that, you need to go to the TV menu and open the device connected via USB. Your Honor smartphone will appear as a regular USB flash drive or external hard drive.
To reuse an already connected phone, press the “Input” button (for LG) on the remote control. On the Samsung and Sony TV remotes, there is a similar button called “Source”.
Honor HDMI Connection
You can pair your Honor phone and TV via HDMI with a special adapter (in this case you will still need a separate HDMI cable) or an HDMI / microUSB or USB Type-C cable.
Connection is reduced to connecting devices via cable and / or adapter and selecting the appropriate signal source on the TV.
The adapter looks like this:
This view is mainly used when you need to broadcast an image from Honor to a TV. Connection is possible using Wifi Direct or Mirror Share (wireless projection).
Honor Connection via Wifi Direct
If the TV belongs to the category of Smart TV, it can be synchronized with the phone via Wifi. To do this, do the following in the phone menu:
- Select “Wireless Networks”.
- Next is the item “Wifi”.
- In the window that opens, click the three points located in the upper right corner.
- In the drop-down list, select “Wifi Direct”.
- In the list that appears, select the TV you want to connect to and establish a connection with it.
For example, this is how the Honor 20 Pro connects to the Sony Bravia smart TV
Mirror Share (Wireless Projection)
Wireless projection is available on almost all smartphones with Android versions above 4.4.2. Therefore, even on budget Honor 7a, 8 and 9x models, such an opportunity exists.
Connection setup is performed as follows:
- Go to settings and find the screen duplication item (on different TV models it may be called differently. “Broadcast”, “Wireless connection”, “Image connection” or something similar)
- Activate the broadcast by moving the slider to the ON or ON position.
- Open phone settings
- Select “Wireless Networks” (in some versions of Android. “Other Connections”)
- Open the Projection item
- Activate wireless projection, after which the name of the TV you can connect to should be displayed below. Click on it.
Now you can stream, photos or gameplay from Honor to your TV.
In the modern world, no one can be surprised that with a mobile device you can watchs, search for information on the Internet, check mail, take photographs, etc., etc. The times when the phone was only a means of communication have long been in the past. Now smartphone users are expanding the functionality of devices even more, connecting the phone even to a TV. Thus, you can watch movies, pictures, and also listen to music not on a 5-6-inch display, but on a large TV screen.
There are several popular methods for connecting a mobile device and a TV. Using some methods, you can even make a real Smart prefix from a smartphone, and using others, you can view files.
Why connect the phone to the TV?
Not everyone is comfortable at times using the small screen of a smartphone. If you connect a mobile device to the TV screen, it will be possible to use the large screen. In this case, the phone will act as a projector.
When connecting a mobile device to a TV, the user will have the opportunity:
- View movies,s, clips and photos on a large screen TV;
- Run various games, programs and applications, if the selected connection method allows you to do this;
- “Surf” on the Internet;
- Create and demonstrate presentations.
For maximum comfort and user friendliness, you can connect a wireless mouse, keyboard or joystick during operation.
On some Smart TVs, you can use your phone as a remote control. This is very convenient when the remote is lost or out of order.
A similar way to connect the phone and the TV is in first place in the list for a reason. Nowadays, it is considered the most common way to pair a mobile device and a TV. Such a connector is being implemented on many modern devices.
Connection in this way has many advantages, the most important of them are as follows:
- High-quality transfer of pictures from a mobile device to TV;
- Fast file transfer;
In order for the procedure to be successful, you will need an HDMI connector on both devices. In situations where the user does not know whether there is such a connector, then you should look at the instructions for use. There such information should be indicated. But you can find it on your own, carefully inspecting the entire smartphone, paying attention to the edges.
The connection diagram of the mobile device and the TV is as follows:
- You need to turn off the phone and TV;
- Connect your smartphone and TV with an HDMI cable;
- Turn on the device;
- When the devices turn on, the setting will be done automatically, the “mirroring” mode will start.
The image from the phone will be transferred to the screen.
But automatic tuning does not always work. If it was not there, then all actions can be performed manually:
- Go to the settings from the phone and from the TV.
- In the TV settings, the user needs to select the type of HDMI. In some models there are several similar connectors (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3). In this case, select the connector number.
- In your phone’s settings you should select transfer via HDMI.
Thus, connecting the phone and the TV via HDMI is quite easy. The most important thing is to connect the connector correctly.
If the smartphone does not have a suitable HDMI connector, then you can purchase a special adapter from micro-USB to HDMI.
When using this method, the image is not always duplicated from a mobile device to a TV. This fact depends on the model of smartphone. If the picture is not duplicated, then on the phone the user will only see a black screen. But in this case there is a merit. The phone is used as a USB drive that transmits a signal.
The user can control the smartphone only through the TV menu, using the remote control. On most models of modern TVs, you can watch not onlys or photos, but also open text files and view presentations. Thus, it is possible to make a board from the TV, where a slide show or any presentation will be displayed.
The connection setup algorithm is as follows:
- Turn off the smartphone and TV;
- Connect the phone and TV with a mini-USB or micro-USB cable (depending on which of these connectors are on the mobile device);
- Turn on the phone and TV.
After completing these steps, automatic configuration starts.
Benefits of connecting via USB:
- Support for all devices;
- No need to purchase additional wires, etc.;
- When connecting two devices, the phone automatically charges from the TV.
There are also disadvantages. For example, you can not open all the files, but only those that are supported by this TV model. A complete list of such files can be found in the instructions for the TV. In addition, when choosing this connection method, it is impossible to start programs or applications, including any games. Also there is no Internet connection.
In the modern world, such a method is already considered obsolete.
This method of connecting a smartphone to a TV can only be done if the Wi-Fi module is built into the TV (Smart TV with Android OS version 4 or higher).
The algorithm for connecting two devices is performed in the following sequence:
- On the Honor smartphone, the user needs to open the phone settings.
- Then go to the “Wireless Networks” section.
- Click on the line “Wi-Fi”. A list of available Wi-Fi networks opens.
- From the top right, click on the three vertical dots, a drop-down menu will open.
- Select “Wi-Fi Direct”. The search for available devices starts.
At this time on the TV you need:
- Also go into settings.
- Select “Network”, open. A list of available device connection methods is displayed.
- Open Wi-Fi Direct.
- A search will be performed for available devices.
- Select the line with the name of the smartphone.
- Make a request, confirm your choice.
After completing these steps, the phone will be paired with the TV. When choosing this method, the image on the TV screen is duplicated, and sound is also reproduced.
Advantages of choosing this method:
- No wires;
- TV can be used as a monitor;
- There is an opportunity to “surf” on the Internet.
But there are also disadvantages of this method of connecting two devices. For example, not every TV has a built-in Wi-Fi module. In addition, when using this method, the charge on the Honor smartphone quickly dies, but since the connectors are free, you can safely charge it.Share link: