How do I delete an account from my old phone?
How to Delete a Google Play Account?
Open your phone settings. Tap Accounts If this option is not available, tap Users & Accounts. Delete account. If you don’t have any other Google Accounts on your device, you’ll need to enter a PIN, password, or picture key for security purposes.
Deleting the Google account from your phone
- Open your smartphone settings.
- Click on “Users and Accounts” and select ” Google “. Here you’ll see a list of all the Google accounts you connect to from your smartphone.
- Select the account you want and then click on “Delete” at the bottom.
The second way
The ways, as you have already realized, are several. We’ll share three of them with you, and then you can try and find the one that works best for you.
- Open “Settings” again.
- Look for, and then go to, “Applications”.
- Look there for “All.”. Your ending point will be “Google Services.”.
- Now it remains to select “Clear Data” and check if the account is detached from your android.
Two ways to delete your Google Account on Android 7.0
The “soft” option is the standard Google Account deletion method. With this method you will delete exactly the account itself or just unlink the smartphone from it, but the materials stored in the operating system will not be affected. Unfortunately, this method is not suitable for all devices. That is the problem.
Deleting your Google account on your Android phone
As noted above, you may need one of two options: delete the account on one phone only, and you need to continue to use it, or completely delete the Google account without the ability to use it anywhere else. Let’s start with the first one.
How to delete an account from a specific Android phone (untether your phone from your account)
On a clean Android system, the steps will look like this (in your case, the interface may be slightly different, but the gist will remain the same):
Once you do this, your Google Account will be removed from your phone‘s settings and from Google applications (such as Play Market, Gmail, and others). In case the list of accounts shows other accounts that you need to delete. repeat the same steps with them.
In a situation where you’re preparing to give your phone to someone else, after deleting your account and unlinking it from your Google Account, it may make sense to completely reset your phone to the factory settings and delete all your data: this is usually available under “System”. “Reset Settings”.
How do I completely remove my Google Account from my phone?
If you not only need to remove your account from your phone’s settings, but also need to completely delete your Google Account (so that it cannot be used anywhere else), on an Android phone with a clean system you can do this as follows:
- Go to Settings-Google.
- Click on “Google Account”. On the next page, go to the “Data and Personalization” tab.
- Scroll down the page and find “Delete service or account“.
- On the next screen, under “Delete Google Account” click “Delete Account”.
- Confirm account deletion by entering your password and click “Next.
- The last step is to read the warning before deleting the account, which will detail exactly what will be deleted. You will need to read (flip through) the page to the end, check the points about agreeing to be responsible and “Yes, I want to permanently delete my Google account and all the data stored in it”, and then click on “Delete Account”.
Once the button is pressed, the Google account will be completely removed not only from the Android phone, but also from the company’s servers.
How to remove a Google account permanently
In case you need to delete your Google account completely and irretrievably so that it can no longer be used elsewhere (e.g. when selling your phone), we recommend using the following instructions:
Then go to the next page, click at the top on “Data and personalization”;
So, with this method, you have learned how to remove the Google account from your device completely quickly and easily.
How to remove the Google account from your Android smartphone
Sometimes Android device users need to delete their only Google account from their smartphone or tablet. This situation may arise when you sell your device or give it for long-term use to another person. In general, the reasons that appeared do not matter.
In any of the above examples, the task or question is: how to remove the Google account from your Android device without resetting all the settings?
This issue can be solved in two different ways: “rough” and “soft”.
- A crude way of deleting the Google account from an Android smartphone, with the following consequences: the loss of all your personal data on the device, and removing all installed games and applications. In this case it is recommended to take care of the backup of all user data.
- The gentle way allows you to remove a single Google account from your Android smartphone or tablet without losing data. But, the following options do not work on all devices.
There are two sub-options to solve the problem here:
First: Factory reset (Settings. Restore and reset. Reset phone settings)
Second: Re-flash the device.
These two subsections of the “Rough” method provide a 100% guarantee of successful deletion of the Google account from Android. Data loss, however, can sometimes be inappropriate, so let’s move on to more “gentle” actions with the device.
Let me remind you once again: soft methods allow you to complete the task without losing user data, but they do not work with all devices and firmware!
This section includes three possible solutions:
First: deleting the Google account through the settings of the Android device.
Settings. Accounts. select Google. then drag your finger on your account. Settings (three dots at the top right). Remove account.
Second: Delete your account by deleting the Google services.
Again, find the main “Settings” button, then look for the “Applications” button and drag your finger over the “Manage Applications” command. Next, we need the “Google services”. After invoking the contact window, click on “Clear data”. That’s it.
Third: deleting the accounts file.db, which is responsible for our account.
This method requires ROOT rights. If you have not yet rooted your device, then read this tutorial.
Friends, here is the detailed instruction that will 100% help you build your business from scratch without investing any money. You will start making money from day one.
So, install the Root Explorer application and go to the following directory: /data/system/ where you look for the long mentioned file accounts.db. Select it and delete it.
After rebooting the smartphone or tablet we have a deleted Google account from our Android device. All user data, games, and applications should remain intact. All that remains is to create a new one or log in under the existing one.
By the way, if you have CM10 or higher installed on your device, the location of the accounts file.db is defined by /data/system/users/0/ directory
This is what the answer to the question, “How to delete a Google account from an Android smartphone or tablet?”.
If you have your own experience with this issue, then share in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.