Forgot iCloud password how to recover
If you turned on two-step verification when setting up your Apple ID, then use it to regain access to your mail.
- Enter the code generated when you enable two-factor authentication.
- Select the second device to receive the recovery code.
- Enter the sent code on the first device.
Two-factor authentication is a scary thing. If you turned it on, and then forgot the code or lost a trusted device, then even the support service will not help restore access.
Recover password and access to iCloud mail
How to recover iCloud mail and get back access to your account if you forgot your password? Reset iCloud password via mail or security questions answers and Apple ID recovery.
How can I recover my password if I forgot to add a backup email address during registration or lost access to it? In this case, you will have to use the second option. the answer to security questions.
- Go to iCloud Password Recovery.
- Write Apple ID.
- Select the “Security Questions” option.
- Enter the date of birth that you wrote when registering an account.
- Answer the questions you saved when you created your account.
After two correct answers, a password reset page will appear, where you need to set a new security key.
iCloud on iPhone is password protected by Apple ID. Therefore, figuring out how to recover iCloud password, we are talking about the security key from the identifier. The easiest way to reset it is to send the link by mail.
- Connect iPhone to the Internet.
- Open the settings. In the “iCloud” section, click on the “Forgot Apple ID or Password” link?
- Specify the identifier. it is the mail address of Aycloud.
- Select reset by e-mail.
If you linked a mailbox to your iCloud account on another service, an email will be sent to it with a link to reset your password. The email may end up in your Spam folder, so be sure to check it. After clicking on the link, you will be taken to the password reset page. Restoring access to iCloud:
- Enter a new password.
- Confirm it by typing a second time.
- Click “Reset”.
After the reset, you can log into iCloud with your new ID. Be careful when recovering your password: an email with a link should come from appleid@ID.Apple. If the message contains a different addressee, do not open it and, moreover, do not follow the link.
In both cases, password recovery requires entering an identifier. an address from iCloud mail. If you have forgotten it, then a special form will help you remember:
- Open the password recovery page in settings.
- At the stage of entering the ID, click “Forgot Apple ID?”.
- Enter first name, last name and backup e-mail.
If that doesn’t help you remember your Apple ID, call Support. Get ready to prove that you are the rightful owner of the device. The best confirmation of this will be a purchase receipt.
Can’t recover password
If you can’t recover your password, turn off iCloud services on your phone.
- Open the “iCloud” section in the settings.
- Slide all switches to the off position.
Forgot iCloud Password? Here’s How to Reset iCloud Password from iPhone or iPad Quickly
All you have to do is leave the Find My iPhone feature on — you can’t deactivate it without a security key. If you bought the phone hand-held, and the seller has access to iCloud, then he will be able to remotely lock the device. Therefore, it is important when purchasing to check if the previous owner’s iCloud profile has been deleted.
If you created an account yourself, and then forgot the password, then nothing terrible will happen. you just will no longer be able to use some of the useful functions of the iPhone until you find a way to restore your iCloud mail.
If you forgot your iPhone password, read how to quickly restore access here.
Access recovery features
There are two types of linking an Apple ID account to a smartphone:
- Standard. The activation system requires the user only to enter the online ID and password for the account. In this case, password recovery in iCloud is possible if a certain sequence of actions is followed.
- Lost Mode is on. When you try to restore access to your account on your smartphone, an information window will appear informing you that this iPhone has been lost, all information and data from it are erased for protection.
Recovery through two-factor authentication
To restore access to an account on which two-factor identification is activated, you must:
- In the account data entry window, select “Forgot password” to go to the data reset window.
- Enter the login from the account, the password for which you want to recover.
- Enter the recovery code (generated randomly when the two-factor identification function is connected, Apple prompts users to write down or print the code).
- Select the device that has been selected as trusted.
If all manipulations were performed correctly, a verification code will be sent to the specified trusted gadget. It must be entered in the appropriate field in the recovery form to reset Apple ID.
How to recover iCloud password
There are several ways to reset Apple ID:
- Recovery via email, which was specified during the registration process;
- Answering the questions selected when registering an account;
- Passing two-step identification.
ICloud password recovery via email:
- Go to the page for restoring access to the identifier using the link https://appleid.Apple.com/. Also, under the authentication window, you can click on the link “Forgot your password”.
- Enter the email address that was specified during registration and to which the account is linked.
- The system will offer the user two recovery options. sending recovery instructions by email or answering security questions. We choose the first option. Be sure to check which mail the letter will be sent to so that there is no confusion.
- Go to the specified mail and open the letter you received from Apple. Follow the further instructions on the screen to regain access. If there are no messages in the Inbox folder, check the Spam folder, often letters get there by mistake.
By a similar principle, access to the account is restored through security questions. The system will prompt the user to enter his date of birth and answer two questions. If correct answers are given, you will automatically be redirected to the password reset page.
Forgot iCloud password: how to remember and recover it
The release of the iOS 7 operating system Apple has associated with an increase in the level of security and safety of personal information that is stored on the smartphone. This is an Apple ID. If the user has forgotten or simply does not know the username and password from the Apple ID account, he will not be able to access the phone and all the data stored on it.
You cannot recover iCloud on a smartphone without a password. None of the following helps:
- Full reset of the smartphone to factory settings;
- Restoring access to the device using an iTunes account;
- Re-flashing the gadget (upgrading or downgrading the current version of the operating system);
- Flashing the device in DFU mode;
- Contacting a service center and replacing some internal parts in the gadget.
On the network, you can find offers from dubious people who claim that they can hack a smartphone and disconnect the account attached to it. Such services are offered for huge amounts of money, but in almost 100% of cases you come across scammers.
Apple’s privacy and personal data protection policy is quite high; no unlocking is possible without a password. Only the direct owners of the smartphone, who own all the registration information, or Apple employees can recover the password in iCloud.
Recovery via support
The option to reset the password for entering iCloud is suitable for users who do not remember either their username or password, while they have a smartphone box and a receipt left after purchase.
- We contact Apple technical support, you can write a letter to the mail or contact directly by the specified phone numbers.
- We most reliably describe the situation why the account access data was forgotten or lost.
- Proves that the phone really belongs to us (you need a photo of the box where the serial number of the gadget is visible, and the receipt).
If the technical support staff believe your words, they remove the block from the account.
Recently, cases of falsification of photographs of documents and boxes have become more frequent, in this regard, technical support treats each application for unlocking with suspicion. According to statistics, the number of devices unlocked in this way is minimal.
If you refuse, you can try to contact the English-speaking support service with all the necessary information.
If none of the above methods helped to recover or reset the Apple ID password, all that remains is to sell the gadget for spare parts or simply forget it until better times. Recovery technologies may change in the future.
Apple ID recovery
Apple ID is the login used to sign in to the accounts of various services from the company. It is assigned at the time of registration and is used for authorization. Deleting an account without it is unacceptable.
But, unfortunately, users often forget this login. The company has taken this moment into account and offers to find an Apple ID on the site. To do this, you need to click on the “Find Apple ID” link under the login form and fill out the downloaded form, indicating your first name, last name and email address.
Sometimes you can’t find an account right away and you should try entering your last name and first name in English. If this does not help, then the only solution to the problem is to contact Support.
Through a trusted device
Apple ID can be linked not only to an iPhone, but also to a smart watch, player, laptop. If two-factor authentication was set in the iCloud settings, then you can change the password using a trusted device.
In this case, you need to select the appropriate item in the menu during recovery and find out the code sent to one of the connected devices. After entering the security code, you can set a new password for the account and then, if necessary, remove iCloud.
Comment. If several devices are linked at once, the company can send the confirmation code to any of them. For security reasons, it is never announced in advance where the data will be transferred. But usually there is no problem to find the code among several devices.
How to recover iCloud password
The situation when a user has forgotten their iCloud password and can no longer fully use their device is quite common. Apple pays a lot of attention to the security of devices and personal data of its customers. But, fortunately, it is quite possible to recover iCloud password.
You won’t be able to completely remove iCloud, but you can untie your account from it. To do this, the user needs to perform 4 actions:
- Open the profile settings menu.
- Scroll down the screen and find the “Exit” button.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Press exit.
Apple advises you not to use combinations that are used in other services to access your account. It also sets the following minimum security combination requirements for iCloud sign-in:
- length at least 8 characters;
- at least 1 of the characters must be a number;
- must be used in a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters of the Latin alphabet.
For the convenience of users, when entering the code, an indicator is displayed that displays its reliability.
Sometimes it is impossible to recover account data due to blocked mail, forgotten answers to questions asked, and for other reasons. In this situation, do not despair, it is still possible to reset the password, but only if there are documents confirming the legality of purchasing the device. Have to find a box and a receipt.
If all the documents are in place, then you can contact a specialist by leaving your contact phone number or by contacting the support chat on the official website. Communication with the support service is carried out in Russian.
The easiest way to reset is using the email address associated with your Apple ID. To do this, you need to perform 4 steps:
1.Go to the settings of Ikloud and click on the link “Forgot your password?”.
2.Enter your Apple ID and choose to recover via email.
3.Get a recovery code and set a new password
Reset iCloud password using two-step verification
Apple has developed two-step verification to improve account security. Besides, it is a very useful way to recover iCloud account when you forgot iCloud password. If you’ve set up two-step verification, follow the steps below to get your iCloud account back.
Note: The two-step verification password is not the same as the iPhone restriction password. For Reset iPhone Restriction Passcode, visit here.
 Forgot Apple ID Password? 3 Ways to Recover/Reset Apple ID/iCloud Password
Visit the Apple ID account page and click “Forget Apple ID or Password” to enter Forgotten iCloud Password Mode. Enter your Apple ID and enter image-based “CAPTCHA” characters to make sure you are not a robot.
Click “Continue” to go to the next page, you will be prompted to enter the recovery key that was generated when setting up two-step verification. If you also forgot your recovery key, you can click the link “Lost recovery key” and return it to your primary email address.
Step 3. After you drop the recovery key, contact your trusted device, you will receive a verification code. Enter a four-digit code in the field to open the password recovery page. Here you can reset your iCloud password.
How to recover data from an iCloud backup
Step 1. Connect your device to your computer with a Lightning USB cable and launch iPhone Data Recovery, Select “Recover from iCloud Backup File” and then enter your Apple ID and new password.
Select your iCloud backup and click the Download button. And then you can preview the scanned files in the program. After that, select the data you want to get back from the iCloud backup in the details window.
After clicking the “Recover” button, the data will be restored to your computer if you forgot your iCloud password.
Recover iCloud password by answering security questions
Of course, even if you forgot your iCloud password and retrieved your email, there is a chance to recover your iCloud account. When setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account, Apple asks people to answer security questions. If you wrote them down, you can recover iCloud password immediately.
Open your Apple ID account page or appleid.Apple.com in your browser and click Forgot Apple ID or Password. Make sure to disable 2-Step Verification or 2-Factor Authentication.
Follow the instructions on the screen until you see “Choose what information you want to reset.” Select “I need to reset my password” and click “Continue” to continue.
Select the Answer Security Questions option and enter your exact answer for each question. When you’re done, click Continue, Apple will take you to the iCloud password reset page.
How to recover iCloud password on phone
If you have previously used iCloud on your smartphone and entered your Apple ID information, you can restore access to your account without any problems:
- Go to the settings section on your phone.
- Select the iTunes Store and App Store and enter the login from your account.
To protect your personal information from intruders and prevent your phone from being hacked, follow these simple guidelines:
- when creating a password, follow the recommendations of the system regarding its length and composition (the presence of numbers, special characters);
- do not use authorization parameters from the iPhone to register on other electronic sites;
- change access codes periodically without using old combinations;
- choose difficult control questions, the answers to which are unrealistic to guess.
How to change iCloud password
To change your iCloud password, you need to edit your Apple ID information. Do the following on your smartphone:
- Go to the section with settings.
- Find the item with your name.
- Select the “Password and Security” section.
- Click “Change”.
- Enter your current account password and device code. Specify a new combination that will subsequently be used to log into iCloud.
- Click “Change”.
- Log in with your new credentials to access all Apple services.
What to do if you forgot your iCloud password
iCloud is a cloud data storage that is used on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch devices. To use it, it is important to have an Apple ID account. When a user has forgotten the password from iCloud, he needs to restore access to this particular account on the iPhone.
The easiest way to recover iCloud password is via email. The user specified a specific e-mail during registration, which is used as a login in the cloud storage. To restore access, follow the instructions:
- Log into any browser on your smartphone, where go to https://www.iCloud.com/.
- Click “Forgot Apple ID”.
How to restore access with 2-step verification
If a user has set up two-step verification when logging into their account, you can restore access to it as follows:
- Go to the already familiar recovery page using the link https://iforgot.Apple.com/password/verify/appleid.
- Enter your Apple ID and click Next.
If you don’t have access to email
You can also reset your iCloud password without email:
- Go to https://iforgot.Apple.com/password/verify/appleid. where is the restoration of access to the account.
- Enter your Apple ID and click “Continue”.
- Select the option “I want to reset my password” and click “Continue”.