Anycast Computer Connection On Windows 7
This technology was developed by Microsoft. Thanks to her, it became possible to connect a monitor of a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone based on Android OS to a TV without using HDMI cables. This standard has its pros and cons. Below we will tell you how to enable Miracast in the Windows 10 operating system.
Screen duplication with Miracast is worth choosing, because:
- since the connection is via Wi-Fi, you can forget about the long cables on the floor that someone stumbles on forever;
- there is no loss of image quality, as if all information is transmitted via HDMI;
- This technology has support for various devices, which greatly distinguishes it from its counterparts.
Of course, like any technology, Miracast has its downsides. These include:
- Microsoft’s wireless method of transferring data to a display needs further refinement, since only what is happening on the source screen is transferred to the device. The competitors have much more functionality;
- Miracast technology does not always work stably. Periodic malfunctions are possible. Especially if the receiver and source are at a great distance. To use in this case will be very inconvenient;
- As practice shows, not all devices will seamlessly connect to each other.
Setting up on a laptop or PC
In order to connect to a TV (Samsung, LG, etc.) using Miracast, you must have Wi-Fi adapters on both gadgets.
Please note that:
- Your PC must have Windows 8.1 or higher installed;
- Your TV should be modern and support Miracast or Screen Share (the name of the technology depends on the model).
Sometimes this function is not displayed on the TV until you connect it to a wireless network.
To duplicate the display, perform the following steps.
- Turn on the TV and make sure it is connected to Wi-Fi. On different models, this happens in different ways. Here is an example for LG.
- Press the “Smart” button on the remote control.
- Immediately after this, a menu will open.
- You must go (using the right arrow on the remote) to the application “Screen Share”. After that, click on the “OK” button.
- Immediately after this, the necessary utility will start.
From this moment, the TV will be in standby mode. Pay attention to the name of the device.
- Now click on the keyboard shortcut Win P on your laptop or computer. On the right side of the screen a menu will appear where you need to click on the link “Connect to a wireless display”.
- After that, you will need to wait until Windows finds your TV.
- The name that you specified earlier should appear in the list.
- Click on this device to start the connection.
Immediately after that, a picture from your PC or laptop should appear on your TV display.
When connecting, this error may appear.
Correct the situation as follows.
- Click on the “Start” menu and click on “Settings”.
- Go to the “Devices” section.
- After that, you need to click on the button “Add Bluetooth or another device.”
- You will have a new window. In it you need to select “Wireless display or docking station.”
- Immediately after this, the search begins. You need to wait a bit.
- As soon as your TV appears in the list, you will need to click on it.
- After this action, the connection will begin (it can take a long time).
- If successful, the wireless display will be added to the list of devices.
Now press the Win P key combination again and try connecting. Everything should work. If so, “Connected” will appear.
Problem with firewall
If you still cannot connect, then the problem may lie in your antivirus, or rather, in the firewall. On different programs, this traffic protection system works differently. Let us consider a way to eliminate this problem of communication between a TV and a laptop using the Eset Smart Security program as an example.
To get started, try disabling this feature completely. To do this, right-click on the antivirus icon in the tray and select the desired item.
After that, repeat all the above steps to connect to the TV. If this time everything works out, then the problem is in the firewall. But keeping it constantly off is not an option.
As a rule, by default it works in automatic mode. You must switch to interactive mode. You can do this by the following steps.
- Open the antivirus window.
- To start the settings, press the F5 button on the keyboard. In the window that opens, go to the “Personal Firewall” section and expand the “Advanced” category.
- Switch “Filter Mode” to “Interactive”.
- Save the settings by clicking on the “OK” button.
After that, no program can go online and send or receive data without your knowledge. Thus, you can at the same time block the Internet access to various updates.
Try connecting to the device again. This time you should see the windows shown below. Allow incoming and outgoing network traffic from your computer to the TV.
Be sure to check the box “Create a rule and remember forever”
This time everything should be successful.
To get started, you need to turn on the TV and run the Screen Share application.
Instructions on this issue are described above in the PC connection section.
After that you need to perform the following steps.
- Check if you have Wi-Fi enabled on your phone.
If you don’t have this icon on your phone, then the wireless connection is disabled. You can enable it in the settings.
- After that, we return to the settings and open the “Xperia Connections” item (in our case). On different phone models, this function can be called differently.
- Launch the “Screen mirroring” function.
- In order to connect to the TV, you need to click on the “Start” button.
- The search starts first. You need to wait a bit.
- Your TV should appear in the search results. To select it, click on the name.
- During the connection process, you will see the following.
- If the process succeeds, instead of the “Cancel” button, it will say “Disable”.
- As a result, the contents of your phone will be broadcast on the TV screen.
The viewing angle will depend on the orientation of the phone.
There are other technologies. For example, WiDi. Many modern TVs support it. The big difference compared to Miracast is that in this case, you need to install additional software. Intel Wireless Display.
It is worth noting that this program has certain requirements, because of which it does not work on every computer or laptop.
In this regard, Miracast wins, since Windows 8.1 and above is enough for its operation. No additional programs need to be installed.
The advantages of WiDi include the ability to connect to a receiver, which, in turn, is connected to the TV if it does not have a built-in Wi-Fi adapter.
After reading this article, you should have achieved the desired result. But if suddenly something doesn’t work out for you, perhaps because of inattention you lose sight of some trifle. It is also possible that your phone or TV does not support this technology.
If you have any questions, then you can additionally watch a in which you will learn something new.