You can connect the phone to the TV via HDMI
Is it possible to connect the phone to the TV via USB and how to do it? Questions and problems of connection
Almost all modern models of smartphones and TV receivers are equipped with USB entrance. Thanks to this connector, two devices can be synchronized, which will allow the use of the TV as the second display of a mobile phone or tablet. Connect the phone to the TV via USB by the force of any modern user.
Connecting any modern gadget to TV carrier via USB is the easiest way to transfer data from one device to another. Unlike the synchronization of equipment via a Wi-Fi network or using an HDMI connector, the use of USB can be called intuitive and not requiring special skills or special equipment.
To transfer data, you will need:
- Phone or tablet;
- Particular cord. Usually comes with a mobile phone, but can be purchased separately in any equipment store;
- WSB TV. Located on the side or back of the monitor.
Адаптер Apple Lightning. Digital AV HDMI. Для чего его использовать!
The connection principle is very simple:
- You need to find a connector for a USB wire on a mobile and TV device and connect them with a cable.
- Further on the TV, the USB nest feature is selected, and on the phone this action is confirmed if necessary. Subsequent manipulations depend on the specific purposes of connecting.
Synchronization of devices gives a lot of capabilities:
- View and listening to audio, photos and presentations.
- The ability to play games installed on a mobile device.
- Reading of books.
- Calls in Skype, provided that this application is installed on a mobile device.
- Simultaneously with the above actions, the mobile device will be recharged from the TV, but more slowly than through the outlet.
The process of synchronization of the TV and smartphone via USB is identical to similar action using PC, where the phone acts as a flash carrier.
The connectors in a particular model of a mobile gadget or TV can be incompatible with each other and not fit under one USB wire. This problem is easily solved using the correct selection of an adapter or adapter.
Phone to HDMI CONVERT CABLE from UnnLink
This cable was ordered with AliExpress for 15 (963 rubles at the time of purchase) and got to me exactly 2 weeks later.
Let’s deal with the characteristics of the device on the example of its settings for subsequent use:
- We open the instructions (available in English and Chinese). The most important information:
- Support 1080p
- Support Android and iOS (MicroUSB, USB Type-C, Lighting)
- Smooth transmission without delay (later it turned out that far from always).
- Not all Android devices support the image of the image.
- Not all Android devices support sound transmission (on some smartphones the picture is transmitted to TV, but the sound comes from a smartphone).
- On Android you need to additionally install the EZCAST application.
- Connect the device to the smartphone (in my case, the USB Type-C nozzle is used) and to the TV-HDMI and USB. Switch on the TV using the remote control (Input) to HDMI.
- Install the EZCAST application on the smartphone. To obtain a link to download, you must scan a QR code on the TV screen. Also, the application can be found manually in the Google Play store (Play Market).
- The application will show us a brief instructions for turning on USB debugging mode. Turn on the developer mode, and then. Debugging by USB.
- Before starting the first broadcast, two windows will come up. In the first, we allow the launch of the EZCAST application when connecting the device, and then allow the USB debugging.
- That, in fact, is all. The connection is completed.
In subsequent connections, the application will request access to the image on the device screen. To start the screen broadcast, select “Start”.
Link to this product on AliExpress: Phone to HDMI Convert Cable from Unnlink.
If it did not work
The phone will need to be cleaned using a special utility, for example, Master Cleaner. You will need to download the application through the store and remove unnecessary garbage, eliminate errors from the registry.
In most cases, one of the described options should be suitable, however, in the presence of an old model, problems may arise. It will be necessary to check the serviceability of the cables, remove them from the ports and again synchronize. The reason is that the TV may not immediately recognize the device.
If the cables are working, then the TV may not support synchronization due to the outburst of the model. In this case, you should find another device for viewing data, for example, a tablet or laptop.
Other ways to connect a smartphone to a TV
If the connection by means of the cable was unsuccessful, then the user can use other methods of connecting devices. Some TV models have a built-in Wi-Fi Direct technology.
In this case, synchronization can be carried out through wireless networks. Step-by-step instruction:
- It is necessary to activate the function on the phone. To do this, click on the “Settings” base application, and go to the “Wireless Network” section. Here you need to select “Wi-Fi” item. Going to the Wi-Fi menu, you should activate the function by clicking on the slider. It will be highlighted in green;
- Search for available wireless networks will begin. You need to click on the “Wi-Fi Direct” command. Some phones models have Wi-Fi Direct in a separate window, then you need to click on the “Additional Settings” section;
- After setting up the phone, the user needs to change the parameters on the TV. Using the remote control, go to the device integration, find the section “Network”. If the function is absent among the teams, then you should pay attention to the item with the same name. You should look for the key on the remote control, which is responsible for wireless joints;
- Next, a list of available methods of connecting devices will open. It is necessary to click on the command “Wi-Fi” or “Wi-Fi Direct”. The device will start searching for a phone model. You need to select your device from the list and confirm the request for connection. Now the gadgets are successfully synchronized, you can test their joint work.
Below is a table with the pluses and minuses of the connection of devices via Wi-Fi.
|The user will not need to purchase cables and adapters, and place them in the apartment||The phone has to be kept on charging, because the battery quickly sets|
|The phone is not tied to the TV. The user remains mobile||Wi-Fi operation can affect the performance of the device processor. Because of this, the gadget will freeze and give out errors|
|It is convenient to engage in Internet sewing and view any files||The function is available only for models that support Wi-Fi Direct technology. This function is built only in modern TVs and phones|
We use a USB cable
A popular synchronization method is a USB cable. The advantage of this connection method is that this format is supported by all devices. The user will not need to purchase a cable, since he is provided with charging for the phone. The smartphone itself will be defined as a flash drive. So the user will be able to selectively play and open files, while the actions on the phone screen are not duplicated on the monitor. It is important that the device will be charged from the TV, so the battery will not sit at the wrong time.
- The user needs to enable both devices and check their operation. Next, you will need to take the cable used to switch with the computer and charging the battery. You need to connect a small connector to the phone, and insert a large port on the TV on the TV;
- A window selection window will be displayed on the phone. It is necessary to specify the file transfer format via USB or click on the “flash drive” item. Next, you need to open the TV menu using the remote control. Having entered the Inte Week, you should put the cursor to the Source Source command and select USB;
- After finding the phone and its files by a TV, a new window with system folders on the phone will be displayed on the gadget monitor. You can move between the labels using the keys on the remote control. File playing begins when the key is pressed. When playing audio tracts or video materials, moving and execution of commands will not be available. You need to complete the viewing and transfer the cursor to the next file.
Below the video is another way to connect through the Miracast program.
Wireless conjugation of devices is used in cases where it is not possible to connect the smartphone to the TV via HDMI. In this case, Wi-Fi or other special modules is used to broadcast content. This method is suitable for devices that have built-in Wi-fi adapter. At the same time, the Android smartphone should be equipped with an operational system at least the 4th generation. But iPhones older than the 4S series cannot be connected.
To synchronize gadgets, you need to configure the Wi-Fi Direct mode. In smartphones, the function is located in the “Wireless Networks” section, subparagraph “Wi-Fi”. In this case, in the connection settings menu, you need to activate the corresponding function. And after that, the device will begin to look for all possible connections.
Now you need to organize a connection on the TV. The settings should go to the “Network” tab. And find Wi-Fi Direct in the window that appears. Then you need to click on the line with the name of the smartphone. And confirm the request for synchronization. By installing the connection, you can watch videos from any site or hosting. And also listen to music or work in applications.
This is another way of wireless conjugation of gadgets that allows you to create connections without the Wi-Fi Direct option. The main requirements at the same time: the smartphone and TV must be connected to one network and support DLNA. You need to install a player on the phone that can work with this technology. Further in the settings of the program, a connection is installed with TV. And then a file for broadcasting is selected.
Modern televisions with Smart TV support are equipped with Miracast technology, which provides third.Party connection. You can find and activate it mainly the device menu. In the smartphone settings, the option is located in the “screen” section, the “wireless monitor” subsection. In this case, the launch of the function will open access to the screens that are connected to the network. In the list you need to click on the model of the desired TV.
For older devices, you can use the external module of the Miracast, which is connected through the HDMI port. In this case, the broadcast is carried out through the appropriate signal supply mode.
Chromecast is a television prefix that allows you to reproduce media content from any device. It connects to any TV using HDMI cable. And after connecting the prefix, the monitor is transferred to the signal mode from the port. And also set up a connection with the Internet. Then the Google Home application is downloaded and set up for iOS and Android). And for broadcasting in the menu, click on the prefix icon.
The option is synchronizing iPhone and Apple TV. Gadgets should be connected to one wireless network or associated with Bluetooth. Then you need to click twice by the “home” button on the iPhone and select “Volume and brightness control”. Depending on the model of the smartphone, you need to select “AirPlay” or “Repeat of the screen”. Next, click on the prefix icon and activate the connection by the AirPlay Mirroring switch. In this case, synchronization of devices can take some time.
If the TV has an Smart TV option, then the conjugation through the prefix will be superfluous. The connection is better to organize through the built.In capabilities of the device.
How to connect a phone to a TV via miracast
A very convenient option for Android Smartphones, which involves duplicating the image from the smartphone display on the TV screen. To use the method, it is necessary to have a SMART TV function with Miracast support or the presence of a special adapter (in the absence of Miracast support). In the first case, the connection is made as follows:
- Include Miracast in the settings of the TV network;
- Activate the “Wireless Monitor” option in the phone display settings;
- Select the required TV in the list that appears.
Further connection will occur automatically. The broadcast of the image from the smartphone will begin immediately and will last until the corresponding option is disconnected.
If Miracast is not initially supported, then to connect and use it will have to buy a special adapter connected through the HDMI port (to start, make sure that there is such a port on the TV). Connection after buying an adapter is carried out as follows:
- Insert the purchased adapter into the HDMI port;
- Install the channel used as source of an incoming signal;
- Scan the emerging QR code with a smartphone, then download and install the application, and then connect through it to the TV.
This decision is more expensive in time, but quite working. Although you can’t do without buying a special adapter.
Adapters and media players. Broadcast to TV without Smart TV
Many people have relatively old TVs. There is the opportunity to connect by HDMI, they have a flat screen, but do not support Smart TV.
You can buy a special Wi-Fi adapter for TV, but I would recommend choosing another option-prefix. There are a lot of models. From relatively cheap to quite expensive. If we are talking about broadcasting from phone to TV, then the best option may be Google Chromecast. Media player with control via the phone.
With it, you can broadcast on the screen video from YouTube or other mobile applications, for example, online cinemas, and you can also broadcast the image from the screen of your phone.
You can buy a full.Fledged prefix with Android TV, for example, an inexpensive Mi Box from Xiaomi, but the Google Chromecast is also suitable for broadcasting a video or screen of a smartphone on a smartphone.
HOW TO CONNECT ANDROID PHONE TO NON SMART TV|HDTV CABLE
You can find out more about settings and broadcasting from phone to TV via Google Chromecast here.
Links to Xiaomi Mi Box S (tested after this publication, as a result, I now have two such prefixes):
It is also worth noting that initially I took Google Chromecast for broadcasting a video on a TV without Smart TV. But now I use on a TV with Smart TV, since TV slows down a little and sometimes a Wi-Fi module “falls off”. And with a media player, everything works very quickly and without failures.
Consider the possible difficulties that may arise when connecting an old TV to the phone:
- Using the HDMI-RCA cable. This is a cable, at the end of which the HDMI plug is located. And with the other “tails of tulips”. As a rule, such a connection does not give a result. This is due to the fact that the digital signal must be converted into one of the analog formats, such as: PAL, PALSECAM or NTSC. HDMI-RCA cable does not perform this function, so its purchase does not make sense.
- Lack of signal after connecting. If nothing happens after the connection, check the tolerance to the switching switch of the analog signal. Most often this switch is on the side of the converter.
- Picture of the worst quality. You must understand that old TVs had a much lower screen resolution than modern 4K or UltraHD models. Do not wait for pictures in high resolution from them.
It is easy to connect a smartphone to the TV. Given the current selection of accessories and additional devices. The main thing is to know for sure what outputs and entrances are on your smartphone.