Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Which Android
How to update Android via Recovery
This method is not official and requires Root access for the user.
Attention! You need to follow the instructions and thoroughly follow all the described actions in order to avoid “oskirpichivaniya” phone.
Before manipulating Recovery-mode, it is recommended to read the reviews on the w3bsit3-dns.com forum.
- Download the required firmware from the official Xiaomi website or from a trusted resource.
- Download the update archive to the root memory of the smartphone.
- Select “reboot via system recovery mode” in the settings
- Turn off the phone.
- Press the power key and volume up the phone simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Having entered the “Recovery-mod”, use the volume rocker to find the tab for installing updates from the archive using the volume rocker.
- After the download is complete, restart the system using the “Reeboot” button.
- Enter the regular interface and check for an updated version.
It must be remembered that regardless of the type of system update, the battery must be charged as fully as possible.
How to install MiFlash on PC
In order for the laptop to sync with the phone without interruption, the appropriate drivers must be installed on it. For their work to be correct, it is necessary to disable the signature verification function. then the smartphone firmware will pass quickly and without unnecessary problems.
If the system does not see updates
How to update Android on Xiaomi Redmi 5 if notifications of new software versions cannot be found in the settings? You need to download the firmware from the Xiaomi web site.
- Download the necessary archive from the Xiaomi website.
- Move the file to the root directory of the phone to the downloads section.
- Go to smartphone settings and click on “system update”.
- Select the downloaded archive through the explorer.
- Confirm software update.
- Wait until the end of replacing modules and rebooting the device.
- After making sure that Android has changed, delete the archive.
Important! Before installation, the system checks the legitimacy of updates and compliance with the selected device. Therefore, to avoid errors, you should download files only from an official source.
This method is suitable for those who have a global version of the firmware. The developer supports international versions first and timely releases “air” updates for devices.
This method does not require knowledge of the phone and additional connections to the computer or superuser rights:
- Go to phone settings and check for updates.
- If there is new data for downloading, you need to make sure that you are connected to the Internet and that the battery of the gadget is sufficient.
- Select the “update” item and wait until the installation of new modules is completed.
- After finishing downloading the data, the system will restart for the settings to take effect.
Important! Before installing updates, it is advisable to connect to high-speed data transfer, since the amount of information will be more than a gigabyte. The battery must be charged at least 50%.
Updating with Miflash
Xiaomi has developed a special software for flashing devices, which not only allows you to install an update to Android 8 on Xiaomi Redmi 5, but also guarantees system recovery if something goes wrong.
To update you need:
- computer or laptop with installed Widows at least 7;
- download Miflash from the official website;
- tgz firmware archive.
To update the Redmi 5 note software, you need to install everything you need in advance:
- Install MIUI ROM Flashing Tool to a folder on the C: drive, remembering its name.
- Download the archive with the firmware and unpack it into the directory with Mi.
- Run exe file to start installing drivers.
- Click “next” and wait for the end of integration into the system.
- When a pop-up window appears with a notification about the end of the installation. exit the program.
How to update Xiaomi Redmi 5 to Android 8.0 and 8.1
There are several ways to update a gadget: the official method and several “folk” ones. Which one to choose. everyone decides for himself.
To start the phone update process, you need to follow these steps:
- Activate the Xiaomi utility and specify the path to the firmware file.
- Choose to save phone data or format memory. The “Flash all” command will allow the installation to be performed correctly, therefore it is recommended to use this option and install the new data on a clean device.
- Press the “Flash” key, which will start updating the smartphone.
- Wait until the end of making changes to the gadget software. The duration will depend on the size of the file, the capabilities of the USB cable, plus the speed of the mobile. from a few minutes to an hour.
- After the installation is complete, the smartphone will perform a “reboot” of the system.
- Disconnect gadget from PC.
The first launch of the device after flashing can take a long time: from 2-3 minutes to 25-30.
This is due to the fact that the installation takes place in blocks and takes into account many of the nuances of the system.
If no changes are seen during the firmware for a long time, then you need to remove the battery for 30 minutes and try to start the gadget again.
Then connect the device to the charger and try to turn it on again. If all else fails, you should reinstall the firmware or choose a new one.
In the event of a notification, when integrating a new OS on a smartphone, that there is not enough memory to perform an action, you need to repeat the procedure on Windows with a higher bit depth.
If such a move did not help in solving the problem, the firmware of the device can be done using third-party software.
If after the firmware the phone did not reboot in automatic mode, you need to call the command line in the administrator profile and enter “fastboot oem reboot. edl”. Or hold down the power key of the smartphone until the corporate logo appears.
Despite the fact that each subsequent version of the firmware carries a lot of new functions, after the update, some smartphones work unstable. This happens when the user ignores the preparatory phase.
Before installing updates on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8, you need to meet 2 basic requirements:
- charge your smartphone at least 30%;
- reset to factory settings.
And if everything is clear with the first point, then the second raises many questions for some people. Resetting to factory settings will completely delete files from the smartphone’s memory. This avoids errors when installing updates.
Of course, no one wants to lose personal data, so you need to create a backup before resetting:
- Open the settings.
- Go to the “Memory and backups” section.
- Click on the heading “Google Drive”.
- Activate saving the backup.
Following these steps will result in the backup file being uploaded to the cloud storage. After updating Android, it can be restored.
If there is not enough space on Google Drive to save all the data, it is recommended to create a backup via the “Copy and Restore” item. The resulting file should be moved to another device (for example, a computer) for the duration of the flashing, and after the process is completed, return it back to the phone’s memory.
If the backup has been successfully created, you can safely proceed to rollback the phone to the factory settings:
- Run device settings.
- Go to the “Recovery and reset” section.
- Select the item “Reset settings”.
- Click the “Reset Phone Settings” button.
- Confirm the operation.
Now you need to restart your smartphone, and then go directly to the process of installing a new firmware.
Manually via Recovery Mode
This option is similar to the previous method due to the fact that the firmware file must first be downloaded to the phone. But otherwise the process will be very different, since installation will require you to go to the engineering menu (Recovery Mode).
To go to recovery, you must turn off the device and hold down the power button and the upper volume rocker for a few seconds. If nothing happened, you should change the combination to the power button and the lower rocker.
Provided that everything is done correctly, the recovery menu will light up on the screen. It uses the volume buttons to navigate, and confirms the action by pressing the power button.
You need to select the “Reboot system now” item if you want to perform an over-the-air update. The “Apply update from ADB” parameter is responsible for installing the firmware from the internal storage, and the “Apply update from SD card”. from the memory card. By selecting the appropriate item, it remains to confirm the operation and wait for the end of the process.
Manually through settings
This option is suitable for those cases when the smartphone cannot find the update over the air. To install the current firmware version, you first need to download the installation file from the developer’s official website. After placing the zip file in the device memory, you need to do the following:
- Open phone settings.
- Go to the system update section.
- Press the button with three dots, and then click on the heading “Select firmware file”.
- Specify the folder where the zip file was saved.
- Confirm installation of updates.
The further process will not differ from the one that was presented earlier in the updates over the air. That is, the smartphone will reboot, and after installing the firmware it will be ready for use.
Ways to update Android on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 phone
The Android operating system can be updated in a variety of ways. There are both classic and alternative options. It is recommended to consider the update methods in the order in which they are presented in this material.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 phone update
Smartphones have continued to be supported by the manufacturer for several years since their release. All this time, the user receives updates that add new functions. To update Android on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 phone, you need to not only follow a few simple steps, but also prepare for the procedure.
This is the easiest and most common way to update your phone. The main condition, in addition to performing the preparatory procedures, is the presence of an Internet connection.
To install a new Android, you will need:
- Go to device settings.
- Go to the section “About phone”.
- Select “System Update”.
- Press the “Update” button.
Then the phone will automatically search for updates. If they are available for this model, you will be prompted to download the firmware file and click the “Install” button. After that, the device will reboot and be ready for further use.
How to find out the current Android version on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
It is recommended that you check the current firmware version before installing updates. Your phone may already have up-to-date Android and no update is required.
To view the current version you need:
- Open smartphone settings.
- Go to the section “About phone”.
This section will indicate the current firmware version. At the beginning of 2020, the current OS is Android 10, but very soon Google will release another update to Android 11.
What to do after installing updates
As soon as the process of flashing the device is successfully completed, you need to turn on the smartphone and check how stable it works. If everything is in order, you can restore the backup file.
In the case when the backup was uploaded through Google Drive, it is enough to go through authorization on the phone using your Google account. The data will be restored automatically. If the backup file was placed in the memory of another device for the duration of the updates, it must be uploaded back to the mobile device.
When the backup is not restored automatically, you should perform the operation manually. You will need to open the settings, go to the “System” section and activate the function of downloading a backup.
Smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro 6 / 128GB Green EU / CE
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is equipped with a 6.53-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels (Full HD) and an aspect ratio of 19.5: 9.
Powered by an eight-core MediaTek Helio G90 processor that has 2 cores @ 2.05 GHz and 6 cores @ 2 GHz and claims superiority over the Snapdragon 710.
Liquid cooling system
It also features a liquid cooling system for better temperature management. As for storage, it comes in two variants of 6/8 GB of RAM and up to 64/128 GB of UFS2.1 storage, which can be expanded with a microSD card.
Vivid picture quality with four main and one selfie cameras
For quality shots, the rear is equipped with four cameras, consisting of a 64-megapixel main camera that uses a large 1 / 1.7 ″ image sensor from Samsung. In addition, there is an 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera, a 2MP ultra-macro lens, and a 2MP depth camera. In front, a tiny notch with a 20-megapixel camera for juicy selfies with an aperture of f / 2.0.
Powerful battery and rich set of sensors and interfaces
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered by a 4500mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging via USB-C. The smartphone also has a 3.5 mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.0, NFC, infrared port, USB Type-C, 3G and 4G.
Redmi Note 8 Pro runs MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie.