Xiaomi Mi Band 4 Bracelet How To Turn On
Alarm clock Mi Smart Band 4
Unfortunately, there are no smart alarm functions in the bracelet, but you can turn on the usual one. To do this, open the “Alarm” menu in the application and set the desired time. You can create an alarm that will work once, will work every day, or only on weekdays. Here, by clicking on the “Vibration” button, you can set the type and intensity of the alert.
Setting up the Mi Smart Band 4 watch
There is no need to set the clock and date, it will be set automatically when connected to a smartphone. To activate the screen when you raise your wrist, you need to open the Mi Fit app. Go to the profile tab, click on the device, in this case on the inscription “Fitness bracelet Mi Smart Band 4”, open the menu item “Raise your wrist to view information”. Here you can disable or enable this function (for the whole day or for a scheduled period), set the response speed (high or normal).
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 features
The new fitness bracelet from Xiaomi has the following functionality:
- Handles the clock function well.
- As in previous versions, you can set the screen to turn on when you raise your hand, which is convenient.
- Automatic heart rate measurement.
- Calorie counting during exercise.
- Sleep analysis.
- Counting the number of steps and the distance covered.
- Call, SMS and notification notifications.
- Alarm clock.
- Searching for a connected device.
- Weather forecast.
- Timer and stopwatch.
- Unlock your device via Bluetooth.
- Warm-up reminder.
- Music Playback Control.
Let’s figure out the main functions of the gadget.
How to turn Mi Smart Band 4 on and off
As with previous models, Xiaomi has not equipped the fitness bracelet with an on / off button. If the gadget is charged, it automatically turns on, when the battery is completely discharged, it turns off. The user can reboot the device if necessary. To do this, go to the “Advanced” tab, select the “Settings” item (the most recent) and here click on the “Restart” button.
In the same section of the menu, you can adjust the brightness of the screen, turn on the lock screen, reset the device to factory settings.
Searching for a connected device
A very handy feature for those who constantly lose their phone. Open the “Advanced” menu item on Mi Smart Band 4 and click on the “Find device” button.
- If the phone is within reach (that is, at a distance of no more than 30 meters), it will start beeping.
- It will automatically turn off as soon as you unlock your smartphone or press the crossed-out bell button on the bracelet screen.
Automatic heart rate measurement of Mi Smart Band 4
You can set parameters for measuring heart rate through the app. To do this, select the “Pulse measurement” menu item, where you can set:
- measurement interval (1, 5, 20 or 30 minutes);
- method of measurement (in addition, you can choose to measure heart rate during sleep);
- activity detection function (if the bracelet detects that the user is doing exercises, it will automatically increase the frequency of measurements);
- notification function (if the heart rate exceeds the set value, the bracelet will vibrate).
Weather Forecast Mi Smart Band 4
Weather forecast adjusts automatically when connected to Mi Fit app and syncing data.
Unlock your device via Bluetooth
Unlocking a mobile device with a fitness bracelet is configured through the application. To do this, select the “Screen unlock” menu item. The unlock distance is set here (close, near, far). At the set distance “near”, the smartphone is automatically unlocked when the user wearing the bracelet picks it up.
Instructions for Mi Band 4 in Russian. how to use Xiaomi Smart Band 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is a budget fitness bracelet from a Chinese manufacturer that came out this summer. It differs from previous models in a list of functions and a color display, the previous tracker had a black and white screen.
The manufacturer produces bracelets for watches in several colors. In our case, this is red. Changing the bracelet is easy, just take out the capsule and insert it into a new one. Everything is almost the same as in previous versions. But this time there is a special groove on the capsule, and it cannot fall out by itself.
We suggest you figure out what functions Mi Smart Band 4 has, and how to use them.
Initial settings. How to connect Xiaomi Mi Band 4 to the phone
First, you need to make sure the fitness bracelet is charged and ready to pair with your smartphone. To do this, click on the touch button at the bottom of the screen and wait for the device to react: if the screen does not turn on, then the tracker needs to be charged; if the fitness tracker is charged, the following screen will appear:
Use the supplied cradle to charge the bracelet. Take the Mi Band 4 capsule out of the strap and insert it into the charger connector. Then connect the charger via USB to your computer or power adapter. It is recommended to charge the fitness bracelet from sources with low amperage (less than 1 A, and preferably 200-500 mA)
After you have made sure that your fitness bracelet is charged, you need to download the official Mi Fit application in Google Play or AppStore and register an account, or log in through a third-party Google account or WeChat. Xiaomi smartphone owners can log in through their Mi Account.
If you decide to go through the registration procedure, then you will need to choose your country of residence, enter your e-mail, come up with a password, enter a verification code and put a tick in front of the item “I have read and accept.”. Then click on the “Register” button
Next, you will need to select the language of the application (if you did not do this earlier when you registered your account) and fill in the basic profile information (name, gender, date of birth, height, weight, activity goal). We recommend that you indicate actual data, as they can affect the algorithms for calculating activity
Then you should grant the application all necessary permissions
After that, the main screen of Mi Fit will appear in front of you. You need to go to the “Profile” tab and click the “Add device”. “Bracelet” button. Next, you need to agree with the collection and processing of information, as well as allow access to location data for Mi Fit
The search for the bracelet will start (keep the fitness tracker close to the phone). After the bracelet is found, a window will appear on it with confirmation of the connection, in which you need to click on the checkmark
Next, 3 information screens will appear, scrolling through which you need to click the “Try” button
At this stage, the firmware update will begin, which will take no more than 20 minutes. During the update process, the bracelet may reconnect to the phone several times and continue to update
After the update is complete, the bracelet will automatically switch to Russian, and the application will open a screen with the basic settings of the fitness bracelet.
Setting up heart rate measurement
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 can measure the heart rate in 3 modes: during exercise through the “Training” item, a single measurement through the “Pulse” item in the bracelet menu and constant heart rate measurement throughout the day with a certain measurement interval. The first 2 modes are launched through the fitness bracelet interface, but the last one will have to be configured through the Mi Fit app. In addition, through the application, you can configure the notification of exceeding a preset heart rate threshold.
The continuous heart rate measurement has 3 options for functioning:
- Automatic heart rate measurement, when the pulse is measured 24 hours a day at a certain frequency (1/5/10/30 minutes);
- Sleep monitoring, when the bracelet starts measuring your heart rate only after you fall asleep;
- Automatic heart rate measurement and sleep monitoring is a mixed mode that combines the above 2 points. In this case, you can adjust the desired heart rate detection rate during the day, but while sleeping, the bracelet will select the most optimal measurement mode.
Note also that setting the value of the upper heart rate threshold, upon reaching which the fitness bracelet will notify you, is possible only for the first and last modes.
- In the Mi Fit application, go to the “Profile” tab, and then to the “Mi Smart Band 4” fitness bracelet
- Go to “Heart rate measurement”
- Click on “Measurement method” and select one of the three available options: “Automatic heart rate measurement”, “Sleep monitoring” or “Automatic heart rate measurement and sleep monitoring” (for a complete analysis, we recommend choosing the last item)
- In the pop-up window about the increase in power consumption, click “OK”
- Go to the “Detection rate” item and select the desired period of heart rate measurement: 1, 5, 10 or 30 minutes (if you need to constantly monitor your heart rate, then select 1 minute)
- We translate the slider of the item “Heart rate notification” to the on position
- Click on the “Notification value” item and select the heart rate value from 100 to 150 beats / min (this is the value above which your fitness bracelet will notify you) and click “Ok”
Running in the background
It is necessary to configure the launch of the application in the background to receive SMS, incoming calls and notifications from applications on the tracker. If you do not enable this function, then notifications will be sent to the bracelet only when the application is running and active on the smartphone. That is, if you decide to close or minimize the Mi Fit application, the bracelet will automatically stop receiving notifications from applications, SMS and incoming calls.
- In the Mi Fit application, go to the “Profile” tab, and then to the “Mi Smart Band 4” fitness bracelet
- Go to the “Run in the background” tab, which will provide instructions for setting up specifically for your phone and follow its steps. Next, the setup for Xiaomi phones will be described.
- Scroll to “Autostart” and click “Go to Settings”
- In the settings, you will see a list of your applications, in which you should find Mi Fit and move the slider opposite it to the on position
- Using the pointer in the upper left corner, return to the previous tab and scroll to the “Battery Management” item and click on the “Go to Settings” button
- Select “No Limits”
- The setup is complete. Now your fitness bracelet will constantly receive notifications, SMS and calls
The alarm clock in Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is a very useful function that allows you not only to get up on time, but also to do it as quietly and conveniently as possible, since you will not be woken up by a screaming smartphone speaker, but by a fitness bracelet vibrating on your wrist.
At the appointed time, the fitness bracelet will vibrate, and an alarm icon, the current time and 2 buttons will appear on the screen: snooze and turn off. If you press the “snooze” button, the bracelet will stop vibrating and the alarm will go off again after 10 minutes.
The vibration of the alarm clock lasts for about 10 seconds, after which, if there is no user action, the alarm clock is automatically postponed for 10 minutes. A 10 minute snooze interval is set by default and cannot be changed.
You can set an alarm in 2 ways: through a fitness bracelet and through the Mi Fit app. When setting an alarm clock through a fitness bracelet, you cannot set a specific time and days of the week for the activation. On the bracelet, you can only turn on the alarms previously created in the application.
Setting up notifications:
Activating this function will make the fitness bracelet vibrate as soon as you reach your goal (for instructions on setting goals, see “Setting goals”). For example, if your goal was set to walk 10,000 steps per day, then when this mark is reached, the bracelet will notify you with vibration.
- In the Mi Fit application, go to the “Profile” tab, and then to the “Mi Smart Band 4” fitness bracelet
- Click on “”
- Go to the ‘Target Notifications’ tab
- Move the slider of the “Target notifications” item to the on position
Night mode setting
For Xiaomi Mi Band 4, you can set the so-called “Night mode”. The essence of this function is that after nightfall, the brightness of the fitness bracelet screen is automatically dimmed to such an extent that it does not blind you in complete darkness. That is why the time of diving into and out of night mode should correspond to the period when you are sleeping or are in complete darkness.
- Go to “Night Mode”
- Click on the “Night mode” item and select “Switch on schedule”
- Now set the immersion time of the fitness bracelet in night mode by clicking on the “Start” item and click “OK”
- Go to the “End time” item and select the time to exit the night mode, then click “OK”
In the settings of this function, the “Turn on after entry” mode is also available, in which the bracelet will automatically change the brightness of the screen depending on the time of day. But from a practical point of view, this function cannot be called convenient, since the decrease in brightness occurs immediately after sunset, that is, in winter, the display will become dim as early as 6-7 pm, which does not correspond to the time of going to bed for most users.
How to change the watch face through the fitness bracelet
- Unlock the bracelet and swipe down (swipe down from the top of the screen)
- Select “Advanced”
- Then find the item “Display” and go to it
- Swipe up (moving your finger across the screen from bottom to top), you can view all available watch faces. To select a specific just click on it
How to turn on Xiaomi Mi Band 4: for the first time
The first time when turning on the equipment is always special, because at the initial start-up, the user checks the device’s functionality, sets the necessary modes, sets the correct settings. The user should take into account similar features before turning on Mi Band 4. Despite the seeming simplicity of the device, the importance of turning on for the first time should not be underestimated.
When purchasing a new device, users often tend to quickly test it in action. There is a great temptation to use a newly purchased technical device. But do not rush to put it into operation: you must definitely follow the rules for the first time. They will allow you to take into account the nuances of the purchase, as well as avoid misuse.
The Mi Band 4 fitness bracelet is a companion and additional device for a smartphone. The Xiaomi tracker works with phones of two main operating systems: Android and iOS. Regardless of the phone, when you first turn it on, you need to check not only the physical condition of the fitness bracelet, but also go through the procedure of synchronization with a smartphone.
How to turn on Mi Band 4
Before turning on the Mi Band 4 tracker for the first time after purchase, it must be charged. This rule applies to all sold equipment, which on sale has a percentage of charge of 1-2%, sufficient for demonstration purposes.
How to charge the device:
- The metal charging contacts are located on the side of the fitness bracelet. They need to be placed in a special nest.
- Connect USB cable to device and power point.
Before looking for ways to turn on the Xiaomi Mi Band 4, the user must download and install the Mi Fit app on their smartphone. This program serves as a link between the phone and the Mi Band. The application can be installed during the charging time of the device.
To complete the synchronization procedure, you must first create a Mi account, which is done through the Mi Fit application or the Xiaomi website ru.account.xiaomi.com/pass/register. The registration process is standard, like for many other sites. Includes name, age, contact information, physical characteristics (weight, height), consent to the processing of personal data, consent or disagreement to the newsletter in Chinese.
First turn on
Turning on the Banda for the first time is preceded by three steps, after which you can start launching the fitness bracelet and synchronizing with the phone:
- installing Mi Fit;
- account registration
The procedure for synchronizing the fitness bracelet Mi Band and smartphone:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- In the Mi Fit application, open the “Status” section.
- We select “Device not connected” and “Bracelet” in the list of proposed options.
- We place the tracker and phone as close as possible.
- When the fitness bracelet vibrates, press the touch screen once. this is confirmation of the completion of the binding.
For subsequent actions, the Mi Fit application is used, where the owner of the bracelet sets the standard values for the daily number of steps. The watch on the bracelet is automatically adjusted to the same time as the smartphone.
This completes the installation and the first power-on procedure. At any time, the user can make changes to the settings, as well as change the synchronized smartphone.
How to connect to the phone Mi Band 4: step by step instructions
The information provided will be useful for owners of mobile devices on Android and IOS platforms, since the official application for the fitness tracker supports these platforms.
Once the application is installed on your smartphone, you need to follow these steps:
- Turn on “Blue tooth” in the phone.
- Go to Mi Fit app.
- Register by creating a new account, or log into an existing one.
- Initiate a search for a device (it is better to place the bracelet next to the mobile phone).
- Select the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 bracelet by clicking on the bracelet image.
- Wait until the synchronization of the two devices is completed (the process is displayed on the smartphone screen and the tracker display).
After the connection is complete, the gadget is ready to use.
How to connect the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 bracelet: to the phone or computer
Before connecting Mi Band 4 to the phone, you need to look at the characteristics of the smartphone. The manufacturer outlined the parameters of the mobile device, at which it is possible to connect the fourth device from the Xiaomi Mi Band family:
- OS support. Android 4.4 version and higher, IOS. 9 and later modifications;
- Bluetooth interface. version 5.0, although earlier versions are supported.
How to connect the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 bracelet to the computer
You cannot directly connect the device via a USB cable, since the gadget does not provide support for Windows and other operating systems installed on the computer. But still there is an opportunity to bind the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 fitness tracker. There are several ways.
- Using a smartphone. Connect a mobile phone to a computer or laptop for recharging via a USB cable. When connected, the phone displays options for using the USB connection. You need to select “Transfer data to PC”, after which the device will be displayed in the connected devices on the computer. Thus, the user gets access to the phone’s memory and its functionality. After that, you should find the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 bracelet in the connected smartphone on the computer.
- Using emulators like Bluestacks and Nox App Player. By downloading one of them to a computer and installing this program, the owner has access to all applications of the Android or IOS platform that are installed on the smartphone, including Mi Fit. This allows the computer to be used to control the fitness bracelet.
Connection and setup instructions
The connection to the Mi Band 4 mobile phone is carried out using the Mi Fit application, which can be downloaded from the Google Play or AppStore markets. And also. by scanning the QR code, which is available in the instructions for connecting and setting up the bracelet.
If the application is installed for the first time, then you need to create an account. In this case, the program, in addition to standard parameters (such as username and password), will request data on height, weight, and of course the gender of the owner of the portable device. Monitoring of activity indicators, heart rate and activity of the owner of the tracker, as well as control of sleep phases depends on the reliability of the entered data.
How to connect a fitness tracker to another phone
In the case when it is necessary to connect the smart device Mi Bend 4 to another phone, you need to break off contact with the connected mobile device. Otherwise, the bracelet will only “see” the phone to which it was originally bound. You can untie the fitness tracker in the following way:
- Go to the Mi Fit app.
- In the profile tab, select “Settings”.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on the “Disable” button.
- Confirm your decision.
After disconnecting the portable device, you can connect it to another phone by following the instructions for connecting and configuring the gadget described above.
How to connect Mi Band 4 to Samsung Health
Before connecting the fitness tracker to Samsung Health, you need to make sure the following apps are installed on your smartphone:
- Mi Fit.
- Google fit.
- Health sync.
You can connect a portable device to Samsung Health by performing the following manipulations:
- Log in to all three applications.
- Synchronize all three programs by providing data access.
Thus, Mi Band 4 connect to Samsung Health.
Setting up notifications of incoming calls on Mi Band 4
Call notifications come to the fitness bracelet in the form of vibration. to enable them, you need:
- In the main menu of Mi Fit, select the item “Incoming calls”.
- Allow access to the phone.
- We activate “Warn about incoming call”.
Here you can configure:
- whether to show contact information;
- delay notifications in case the phone is at hand;
- whether or not to notify about unknown numbers;
- choose vibration.
Notifications on Xiaomi Mi Band 4. how to enable and configure
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 notifications are duplicate messages from a smartphone that are displayed on the screen of your fitness bracelet. These can be incoming messages, calls, emails, notifications from Whatsapp, Viber, alarm clock, etc. Sometimes they may not work: for example, messages about the completion of a goal or about inaction are not displayed, messages from Whatsapp are not received. In this article, we will figure out how to enable and configure notifications on the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 tracker.
- First, make sure that your Mi Band 4 is connected to your smartphone.
- The phone must have the Mi Fit app installed and updated to the latest version.
Notifications on Mi Band 4 should be shown at the top of the bracelet in the form of an icon and text below it. If you don’t have them, try these steps.
How to enable notifications on Mi Band 4
- Go to the Mi Fit app and select our fitness tracker.
- In the menu that opens, select “Notifications”.
- The settings may say “Unable to access notifications. Turn it on to receive notifications ”- turn it on (click allow). If there is an inscription “An error has occurred”, you also need to allow the Mi Fit app to send notifications.
- If this inscription disappears, you can slide the “Notifications” switch to the working position. the bracelet will vibrate when receiving push notifications.
- It remains to choose the applications from which you want to receive notifications (Viber, Whatsapp, mail, calls, messages, etc.). To do this, click on the “Application Management” button at the bottom of the screen.
Mi Band 4 does not receive notifications. problem solving
Your bracelet may not receive notifications for several reasons:
- Mi Band 4 is not connected to your smartphone via bluetooth.
- The Mi Fit app has not been configured as described above.
- Mi Fit app does not run in the background. Let’s analyze this item in more detail.
How to enable background work of Mi Fit
In order for your fitness bracelet to receive notifications, the Mi Fit application must always work in the background. To do this, follow a few simple steps.
- We go to the phone settings, select the menu “Security”. “Applications” (in different smartphones the path may be different, in our case for Xiaomi).
- Find Mi Fit and turn on “Autostart”.
- There is also the item “Activity control” below. go in and put “No restrictions”.
- Next, you need to fix the application in the device’s RAM. Click on the touch-sensitive task button on the desktop and pull down the application that you want to pin, click on “Lock” (or the lock icon). there may be different options for this action.
All these methods work on all devices that support MIUI: Xiaomi Mi, Mi Max, Redmi, Redmi Note and so on.