Transferring Data From Android To Android Xiaomi
The application is designed to transfer data using a direct wireless connection.
Let’s look at an example of how to transfer data from one Android phone to another.
In the main application window, click the “Sender” button, on the second phone, click “Recipient”.
The sender’s phone will start scanning, click on the found recipient in the radar window.
Select the data to transfer from the list, if you want to transfer a separate folder or file, click on the button “Click here to select data“.
Confirm the import of files with the “OK” button and the recipient will automatically start receiving data.
How to Transfer Data from Android to Android
In this tutorial, I will show you how to transfer data from Android to Android. We will learn how to synchronize and copy information, transfer data using a computer and through third-party applications.
Data recovery on a new device
Open the settings and add the Google account from which the copy was made.
Set all switches to ON and sync.
Enter the Google Drive application, in the backup settings, activate the “Auto recovery” checkbox.
Wait for the data to sync and appear on the new device.
Transfer the copied files to the new device.
Of the minuses, I can note that the process is long and it is not always possible to transfer what is needed. For a full backup, it is better to use other methods.
In the main menu open “Contacts”.
Click on the “three dots” icon and select “Import / Export”.
Select the source from where you want to transfer contacts.
Select memory card to save.
Highlight the necessary contacts, to the question “Export contacts?”, Click “OK”.
The file with contacts will appear in the root of the memory card, on the second Android you will need to import them.
The method is suitable if you plan to transfer data from an old Android phone that does not support Wi-Fi connection or it does not work.
Turn on Bluetooth on both phones in settings.
Open the file manager, hold your finger and highlight the files you want to transfer.
Click on “” and select “Share”.
From the Share via menu, select Bluetooth.
The phone will start searching and send a request to get the file to the second device.
After confirmation, data transfer will start.
Information transfer methods
Progress does not stand still, and almost every day new Android items appear on sale. In new models, the operating system is updated, new functions are added, performance is increased, and the manufacturer can also add a proprietary program to the menu for synchronizing and transferring data.
All methods of transferring information cannot be listed, but within the framework of our article I will highlight several standard ones that are suitable for most devices:
- Using standard or branded applications.
- By connecting to a computer.
- By connecting dedicated applications for transferring data over Wi-Fi.
In the practical part, we will consider each method in detail.
In file transfer mode
Before you start transferring data, use the “Super Backup” or SIMilar program to create a backup of messages, applications and other settings.
Connect your computer and device with USB cable.
On Android, a prompt will appear in which mode to connect the USB, select “File Transfer”.
A new object with the name of the connected device will appear in the This / My Computer folder, double-click on it.
Open the internal memory.
Copy folders with videos, photos and other data to your computer.
Similarly, connect the new device to the computer and transfer the copied data to it.
Data transfer is possible only if there is an NFC module on both devices.
In the phone settings, enable the NFC module.
Mark files to transfer, open Share and select NFC.
Place both phones nearby. When asked, confirm receipt of files on the second phone.
Google Play services
When buying a new Android device, almost every one already has Google Play services preinstalled, with which you can synchronize data through a connected account and back up using the Google Drive app. I want to warn the presence of Wi-Fi Internet for transfer in this way is mandatory and the copy / restore process may take some time, so be patient.
Copy my data
On a new device:
When you activate a new smartphone or reset it to factory settings. When enabled. Enter your Google account. You will be prompted to restore data from your previous device. Select it from the list.
Already on an activated smartphone, go to the device settings in the “Accounts” section. Add the one that was on the old device and sync all data.
Interesting! If you need to transfer additional photos and other multimedia files, you can use Google Drive or other provisions. Read about all the methods of transferring pictures in the material. How to transfer photos from android to Android.
On the current device we do:
You must have a Google account created and connected to the device. Go to the settings, open the section with accounts and see if it has been added, if not, then do it. Go into it and check the boxes for all or only the necessary items in the active position. Click on sync so you don’t have to wait for it to happen automatically.
If you are using a smartphone with Android version up to 8. In the settings, open the “Restore and reset” section (it may have a slightly different name if you use a third-party launcher). And enable the data backup option in it. Add your booking account here.
Activated auto-recovery function. In automatic mode, it will configure a new phone with the specified account in the same way as the old one was configured and transfer data from the backup.
On newer OS versions starting from Android 8, go to the settings in the “System” section and then open “Additional settings”. The backup item will be here. Open it and enable the function of uploading data to Google Drive, if it is not done by default. Then click on “Start copying”.
Works on many models of devices, copies: contacts, messages, calendar, notes, photos, call list.
Address: EZ SMS
Allows you to make backup copies of messages and restore them if necessary.
Using applications. We use standard system tools. Google account
What can be thrown (the list may differ depending on the version of Android):
- System settings
- List of installed applications, they will be automatically downloaded to the new device
- Data from apps that use Google Drive for backups
- The calendar
- Google drive
- Google Play Movies
- Google Fit. Health tracking apps
- Etc. Depends on the OS hole and on the model of the device
Via computer via USB
Connect the device to your computer and transfer the folders with the necessary files to your PC or laptop. Then copy them back to your new phone. You can transfer in this way: music, photos and other images, downloaded data and other multimedia.
Also, almost every manufacturer of devices based on this OS has its own application that allows you to make a backup copy of the device and transfer data to a new one. For example, Samsung has Smart Switch. But there is practically no point in using them in data transfer, only if other methods do not work. It is better to use them for their intended purpose. Creating a backup of the current device.
How to transfer apps and games from Android to Android
When you connect your Google account on any device, all those applications that you have ever downloaded become available to you. To download them again:
Go to Google Play, click on the three strips. At the top of the search and in the drop-down list go to the item with your applications.
Here click on the library and just download the software or games you need again.
Important! If before that you downloaded paid applications or games for a promotion. For free, you won’t be able to do this again. You will be asked to purchase them.
Interesting! Also, there was already a list of applications above that are capable of doing this. You can use them.
Use Android apps for data transfer
Another effective method of transferring information is data transfer programs. Works provided that both devices have Wi-Fi and / or Bluetooth modules working.
How to transfer data from Android to Android using standard tools
The principle of operation is based on automatic backup. In accordance with the configured settings and if the Internet is available, the data is synchronized and sent to the server for storage automatically. And since the content is tied to an account, it is enough to enter the login and password on the new device to get a copy of the content.
Media files are only allowed to be copied to a fixed volume cloud drive. If your phone has a lot of videos, music and other massive files, you will have to buy additional space or use other transfer methods.
Below are three ways to migrate data using automatic backups.
Create a Google account if you haven’t already. Go to the settings, open the “Accounts” section. Then choose. Add a Google account. To complete registration, follow the account creation wizard and enter the required details.
Activate the backup. In most devices without a modified interface, the parameter is called. “Restore and Reset”. Activate the option, and also familiarize yourself with the type of data that will be saved. Next select an account.
Important! To restore the content of information on a new Android phone, you must activate the “automatic recovery function”.
For multimedia files, go to Google Drive, click the “Add” button and specify the path of the file location. Automatic upload of photos and images, available in the settings section.
How to transfer data from Android to Android using CLONEit
- Install and then run apps on both phones.
- Activate Wi-Fi. On the old phone, click on the “send” button, and on the new “accept”.
- Wait for both Android devices to establish a connection.
- Select the files you want to send and then the appropriate button to confirm
Transferring data from Android to Android via Google services
- To create a backup, the presence of Google services and an account is required.
- Recovery options are affected by the device type and Android version. File transfer is not feasible or only partially if data is transferred from a later OS version to an earlier version. For example, from Android 7.1 to 4.1 or 5.0, etc.
- For multimedia files, Google Drive cloud storage is used. Base disk space. 15 GB.
- Application settings are copied to the server no more than once a day. In this case, you need to connect the Android device to the mains and Wi-Fi. Also, do not use the phone for a couple of hours. If the device is inactive for 14 days, Google will delete the app data after 60 days. The term is automatically extended upon resumption of activity.
- Backup for some applications is not supported, as the developers have not activated this option.
- Open Titanium Backup on your old Android device.
- Click on the “Backups” tab.
- Select the application you are interested in, in the new window click on the “Save” button. The backup will start automatically. For the duration of the creation of the r.K. Data volume affects.
- To transfer data, hold down the application item until a window with actions appears. Select “Transfer last backup” and then data type.
- In the next window, select the desired file transfer method: email, cloud drive, etc.
- If you need to make multiple backups, check the required applications. For a full backup, visit the Batch Actions section in the menu.
- By default, backups are saved in the “Titanium Backup” folder on the internal storage. Move the folder to the new device, then go to the program, and restore the data of the necessary programs one by one. Or, through the “Batch Actions” section, restore all applications.
Important! Some programs are sometimes restored incorrectly due to hardware and software differences between the new and the old smartphone.
Transferring Files Using the Motorola Migrate App
- Download the app on your old and new phone.
- Launch the program and pair the two devices. Using your old device, scan the QR code on your new phone.
- Select the type of data you need to send, and then a convenient way to send.
- Wait for the end of the transferred files.
Important! Motorola Migrate Utility is not supported for Android OS 7 or higher.
- Create a Mi account if you haven’t done so before. Direct link to registration page.
- In the system settings, open the Mi account section.
- Accept the user agreement, allow access to the service.
- Enter login and password.
- Mark the type of data you want to save and then create a backup.
- Activate Wi-Fi Internet on your phone.
- Install the client of your preferred cloud storage service.
- Register an account and / or log in.
- To copy the content, click the “Add” button in the application, and then mark the necessary files.
- Install a SIMilar client on a new phone, log in. Then go to the app and download the required information.
Copy messages by branded applications
Many popular manufacturers have released their own special software to solve this problem. If you did not find the name of your gadget below in the list, then we recommend that you go to the next section of our article, which describes the universal SMS Backup Restore application. It can work on most mobile devices.
Developers from HTC Corporation have created their own software product that allows you to copy and transfer SMS from one device to Android to another. This is the HTC Transfer Tool application. With the help of this program, the user can transfer not only messages, but also calendars, notes, contacts and much more from one device to another in a few clicks. The only drawback of the app is that it only works on HTC smartphones.!
LG has an app called LG Backup. With this tool, you can transfer almost any type of data, from calendars and messages to multimedia data. Only the smartphone that accepts data must have Android Jellybean OS or higher.
Motorola has Motorola Migrate for Android, which is designed to transfer SMS and other data from one device to another. Again, the disadvantage of the application is that only devices of this manufacturer are supported.
Now let’s move on to Samsung devices! The large giant pleases its customers with its own application for transferring messages, settings, records and other data. The Samsung Smart Switch program is distributed free of charge in the Google Play service and can be installed on most devices from this manufacturer. It is also possible to support work with iPhone devices.
Sony developers recently released their own program Xperia Transfer Mobile for copying and transferring data. It works not only with Xperia devices, but also with other mobile phones. Almost all mobile operating systems are supported, namely: Android, iOS, Windows Phone. It is possible to transfer not only text messages, but also multimedia messages, settings, photos and videos, notes and other important information.
The universal way. How to copy messages with SMS Backup Restore
The SMS Backup Restore application is designed with only one purpose. To copy and transfer SMS from one phone to another for Android. If you do not want to waste time once again trying to understand the principle of working with a particular program described above, then install this application. Here, all operations are performed in a few clicks, regardless of the smartphone manufacturer and OS version.
And so, to work you will need to do the following:
- Go to the Google Play service and download the application to your device.
- Allow installation and wait for the installation to complete. Run the program.
- Click item
, to create a complete copy of all messages on your phone.
Throw off the finished copy to another smartphone and go to the program. Find the item there
And specify the path to the file. Within a few minutes, the application will restore all your messages, with a complete list of contacts, attachments.
The application is distributed only with support for a foreign language, but an ordinary user can easily use it, since there are only a few menu items in the interface:
- – make a copy of messages.
- – restore a copy of messages.
If you have many copies, then you can use the built-in search, which is able to find all copies in the Android operating system in a matter of seconds. There are also settings for users in the application itself! Files can be saved in XML and uploaded to cloud services, for example, from Google or Mail for further work.
All messages can be viewed on a personal computer, edit the content, view information about the sender. It is also possible to set up automatic copying at a scheduled time, for example, every week.
And so, now you know how to transfer SMS from Android to Android, using various programs and tools that are available in the free Google Play mode! Do not forget to regularly create not only copies of messages, but also contacts, and preferably Android settings. On our website you can read instructions about this!
Moving WhatsApp Messages via Local Backup
Moving through local backup
Exporting address book from MS Outlook mail
- Open the File menu in the client’s main menu, then open Import and Export.
- Then you need to select Export to file and click on Next.
- Click on the Value field and click on the Next button.
- From the list of all directories, select the Contacts folder and then click on Next.
- Select the folder where you want to save contacts as CSV file.
- Assign a name for the file with exported contacts and confirm with OK.
- Click on Next again.
- Press the Ready button.
We load the saved contacts using any of the previously described methods.
Almost every device allows you to save contacts to a file.
Transfer Contacts to Android from Memory Card
You can transfer contacts saved in vCard and CSV format to your memory card in the \ contacts directory, if it does not exist, then create it yourself. After that, go to the standard Contacts application on your phone, press the Menu button and select the Import / Export option.
In the menu that opens, click on Import from SD card.
Next, a window will open in which you need to select the type of contact to create. Without synchronization (using the phone), or synchronization using a Google account (this option is preferable).
Unfortunately, the process for importing contacts will be different on each device (for example, HTC Sense has its own unique apps).
Download contacts in vCard and CSV files on different phones.
Exporting an address book from a Nokia phone
- Transferring contacts from Nokia phones is done using PC Suite. For this you need:
- Connect your Nokia device to your PC using Nokia PC Suite
- Launch Contacts (Communication Center)
- Select all contacts (you can use CTRLA) and open the File menu. And the Export function
- Select the vCard or CSV format, then save the contacts to a file on your computer
After saving the files, you need to download them to your phone using one of the methods described above.
Back up your whatsapp chats on your old phone.
Go to WhatsApp Menu Button Call and Chat Options Backup Chats.
Now move the external SD card to your new phone if the WhatsApp / Database folder is already on your external SD card. Be sure to refer to the detailed steps below if your WhatsApp folder is located on your device’s internal storage.
- Install WhatsApp on your new phone.
- Confirm the WhatsApp phone number that you backed up your chats to.
- Now click the Recover button when prompted to recover your message history.
To transfer local backup from one Android phone to another, follow these steps:
To get started, manually create a backup of your most recent chats.
Go to WhatsApp Menu Button Call and Chat Options Backup Chats.
Next, transfer this backup to your new Android phone.
- 1. If your phone has an external SD card and has a backup on it, remove the SD card from the old phone and insert it into the new one.
- 2. On phones with internal storage or internal SD card (like most Samsung devices), you will need to move the / SD card / WhatsApp / folder from your old phone to the same folder on the new phone. There are several ways you can do this. You can use File Explorer or even move the backup files to your computer.
- 3. Please note that some files may be lost during such transfer. Please double check that any files you wish to transfer to your new phone are included in the backup.
- 4. If you are not sure which SD card is on your phone, we recommend checking the specifications of your phone on the website of your phone manufacturer.
Once you’ve safely moved your backups, you can install WhatsApp on your new Android phone.
During the installation process, WhatsApp will automatically find the backup folder and ask you if you want to restore it. After restoration, your old chats will be displayed on the new phone.
How to Transfer Data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi
The data transfer function in Xiaomi Redmi 4X and other smartphones is available in the MIUI 7 interface version and works only if it is installed on both devices. To transfer data from Xiaomi Mi5, Xiaomi Redmi 4A or any other phone of this brand, you need a wireless Bluetooth connection. You need to do the following:
- Go to the “Settings” menu, select “Additional” and “Transfer”.
- Select the option “I am the sender” or “I am the recipient”.
- After selecting an option, select the categories of data that you want to copy (settings, programs, contacts, memory card).
- Select a mobile device to send information to.
- Once the connection is established, data transfer to Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 or other device will start automatically.
Transfer from Nokia
The fastest and easiest way to transfer (export, import) Nokia contacts is to use a SIM card. For this method, the user does not need to install additional programs. To transfer contacts from Nokia, you need to do the following:
- Open the application for calls;
- Select all the necessary numbers;
- Select the option “Move to SIM-card”;
- Turn off the Nokia phone, remove the card and move it to the Android smartphone.
The disadvantage of this method is that the number of numbers is limited by the size of the SIM card. If you cannot transfer all the numbers the first time, then you can do it in 2 passes.
To save numbers from your Xiaomi phone on your computer, you need to do the following:
- Open the application for calls;
- Hold down the “Menu” button until the settings appear;
- Select the item “Import and Export”;
- Click on “Export to memory”, after which the message “The list of contacts will be exported to a file” should appear;
- Confirm the action with the OK button;
- After the export is completed, a corresponding notification should appear;
- If everything was done correctly, the file 00001.Vcf will appear in the root directory of the smartphone.
After completing the above steps, you can transfer contacts from the phone memory to your computer by copying the created file.
Copying using a computer
Storing SMS messages in your phone will help make life easier, make it possible to make and spy on appointments. Before the advent of smartphones, copying text messages from a phone was not an easy task, there was SIMply no software provided. With modern devices and special software, this can be done in a few minutes. One of the solution options is to copy SMS messages from the phone to the computer, and then transfer them to another mobile phone.
For these purposes, the developer has provided a special proprietary utility. Depending on the brand and model of the phone, it may have a different name, but it performs the same functions. You should install the program on your computer, connect your mobile phone and wait for the necessary drivers to be installed. After that, it will automatically recognize the device connected to the PC, and a button for copying SMS will be available in the work menu.
Transfer using the MOBILedit utility
If there is no official program on the computer, and it is not known which one will fit, then it is recommended to use third-party software. One of such useful utilities that allows you to quickly transfer SMS is the universal program MOBILedit. Its main advantages:
- Suitable for working with any phone model.
- Has a built-in database of drivers for popular devices.
- Synchronization of data between any devices.
- Availability of tools for working with cloud data storage.
- There is a music ringtone editor.
- Has a dedicated optimizer for phone contacts.
Mobiledit has a solid functionality that allows you to use it, including for copying SMS from Android to PC. After they are copied, they should be written back, but into the memory of another mobile phone, you just need to drag the file into the specified directory.
For more details on the properties of the utility, see the video.
Copy using mobile software
If you don’t have a computer with the installed program at hand, then you can cope with the task using mobile software. It is recommended to use the free SMS Backup Restore app from Carbonite. It will allow you to create an archive of data, which should be transferred to a new mobile phone and unpacked in the opposite way. The application weighs no more than a few megabytes, which practically will not affect the free amount of internal memory.
It is very easy to use SMS Backup Restore to copy SMS. Let’s consider what actions need to be performed in stages so that no errors arise:
SMS Backup Restore allows users to copy files from phone to cloud storage. You can also send a backup copy by e-mail without leaving the program menu. A small drawback of the application is that it does not have a fully Russified interface. If we consider other SIMilar mobile utilities, then Titanium Backup would be an alternative. But to fully expose this program, you will need superuser rights.
Before copying SMS messages using mobile software, we recommend watching a training video.
SMS transfer via Bluetooth
You cannot directly transfer an archive with SMS messages via Bluetooth. For this, you cannot do without special software. It can be installed both on a computer by copying SMS-ki first there, and then transferring it to a new Android, or to the mobile phone itself.
One of the best utilities for transferring text messages from one Android to another is SMS Backup Android Trial. For successful copying, it is installed on both mobile devices, they should also enable data synchronization via Bluetooth connection. Having created an archive with SMS-kami, it can be transferred via Bluetooth, and in a new mobile phone, the reverse operation can be performed. Restoration. It is worth noting that the free version of the utility is launched only a few times, after which it will completely refuse to work without purchasing a paid license.
Transfer Contacts via SIM Card to Android
This is the easiest way. On your old phone, export the contacts to a SIM card and insert it into your Android device. To copy contacts to your phone, go to Contacts and in the Menu of this application, select Import / Export. Then Import from SIM-card.