Reflash Samsung Tablet
What you need to flash a Samsung tablet
Before flashing a Chinese tablet samsung galaxy or an original Samsung device, you need to carry out preparatory manipulations. Make sure the network signal is stable and arriving without interruption, charge the device, and decide on the update method. Additional components will depend on the last factor.
So, if you decide to download a new version of the OS through a computer, take care of the presence of the original cord. You can also use Chinese, but in this case, the data transfer can go through with fatal failures. You will also need to download drivers for the tablet on your PC to ensure communication between the device and the computer, you can find them on the manufacturer’s website.
Using a computer
The procedure for flashing a Samsung tablet does not differ from the manipulation of updating the OS version on the manufacturer’s smartphones. When using a computer to achieve the goal, you will need to download a small-weight Smart Switch program from the manufacturer’s website. It is safe and is needed to automatically and correctly search for operating system versions suitable for the tablet model.
After successful installation of Smart Switch, connect the charged tablet to the PC with the original cable and wait for the notification that a new device has been found and is ready to work:
- We launch Smart Switch and wait for the program to do its job and give out Android update options suitable for a particular model.
- We choose the most “fresh” version and click “Refresh”.
- During the download, you can not turn off the power or use the tablet for chatting on social networks or checking mail.
When a notification appears on the screen that the updates have been successfully installed, restart the tablet. Further, the manufacturer recommends doing a reset in order to update those third-party programs and applications that are used on the device and are associated with the previous version of the OS. If you do not do this, the tablet may malfunction.
How to reflash a Samsung tablet
How to reflash a Samsung tablet? The question is puzzled by those owners of devices who do not automatically update the operating system. In the meantime, past versions may malfunction or be poorly protected. Updating the OS allows you to avoid shortcomings in the tablet and significantly extend its life.
How to reflash a Samsung tablet
If you only need to update your tablet to the latest version of Android, you do not need to download additional firmware to your computer. It is enough to install the file saved from the official Samsung portal. This is the safest and most reliable way to update your old Galaxy Note or other device that has begun to malfunction.
Without a computer
If it is not possible to connect to a computer and update Android, you can flash the tablet without a PC. Standard preparation, we charge at least up to 80% and connect to a stable router that provides 5 Mbps.
Next, we follow a simple algorithm:
- Open the tablet settings.
- Go to the section “About device”.
- We choose “Software Update”.
Next, see if the button below is active “Refresh”. If the system allows you to tap on it, then a new version has been released, which can be installed on the device right now. Click, agree to download, wait for the installation to finish, during which we do not use the tablet. Upon completion of the installation, it is recommended to reset the system to avoid malfunctions of the gadget.
There are many tips and instructions on the Internet for flashing a tablet using third-party programs, for example, Odin. It is recommended to download them to your computer, and then find a utility that is suitable for your requests. Such manipulations with multi-file firmware are illegal and void your manufacturer’s warranty. In addition, it is not recommended for an ignorant person to engage in complex manipulations with software, the slightest mistake will lead to the transformation of an expensive gadget into a dead brick.
How to flash Android tablet, Samsung smartphone
Android users are well aware that over time, the manufacturer ceases to support outdated devices and their owners cannot enjoy the new version of the OS. Fortunately, for most devices, craftsmen create firmware, thanks to which you can update your gadgets.
This article will show you how to flash Android tablets and Samsung smartphones. For this we need the Odin program. The latest version can be downloaded from the official website.
Also, you need to install the proprietary Kies utility. In this case, we will not use it, it is only needed to get drivers for your device. In this case, it itself must be closed. You can also find drivers on the Internet yourself, then Kies will not be needed.
As for the firmware, it can be easily downloaded from numerous sites. The path to the firmware should not contain Russian-language folders. It is important!
We also advise you to read the previous articles on the topic:
I note right away that the firmware can be single-file or multi-file. Single file has the extension.Tar or.Tar.Md5. If the firmware consists of several files, then you should know their classification:
- PDA is the core of the system, the main firmware file
- PHONE telephone part
- CSC is the part of the firmware that is responsible for language settings and various applications tied to a specific region
If you downloaded a multi-file firmware, then you can flash either individual components or all at once.
Firmware for Android tablet, Samsung smartphone
If you follow these instructions, you will be able to flash your device normally. But if suddenly something goes wrong (for example, an eternal download occurs), then you can reset the settings (make a Hard Reset).
1. You need to put your Samsung device into Download Mode. To do this, turn off your smartphone or tablet and then simultaneously hold and hold:
- Power / Lock Button and Volume Down (on older devices manufactured before mid 2011)
- Power / Lock Button, Home and Volume Down (all other devices)
In the menu that appears, press the volume up button to confirm the entry into this mode.
2. Now connect your device to your computer via USB and open Odin on your computer. The ID: COM field should turn yellow. Check only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes.
3. If you have a multi-file firmware, then load the files into the required fields. They can be signed accordingly: PDA, PHONE, CSC, or maybe abbreviated.
To download files, you need to check the box next to the corresponding item, press the button and select the desired firmware file as follows:
- PIT field of the PIT file (if any)
- Bootloader field APBOOT file
- AP file PDA (CODE)
- CP field PHONE (MODEM)
- CSC field CSC file
If you have a single-file firmware, then load its file into the PDA field (aka AP).
4. Press the Start button and wait for the firmware to finish. Never disconnect the device from the computer.
As a result, your Samsung smartphone or tablet will reboot and the firmware process can be considered complete. Now you can disconnect your device from your computer.
Home / Manuals / How to flash Samsung on Android: tablet, smartphone
Installing ZIP updates in Fastboot
Using Fastboot you can install ZIP firmware. To do this, download and place the firmware in the folder where ADB is located. Put your smartphone or tablet into fastboot mode and enter the command:
Fastboot flash zip imya-fayla.Zip
Imya-fayla.Zip is the name of your firmware, replace it with your own.
Wait for the Android installation to complete and restart your device.
How to flash an Android tablet, smartphone
There are both official and custom firmwares for every smartphone or tablet. Their installation is carried out in different ways: OTA updates come over the air, firmware in ZIP archives are installed manually via CWM, TWRP Recovery or the ROM Manager application, using a computer, you can flash Android using the Fastboot and SP Flash Tool utilities.
After flashing Android, all data from the internal memory will be erased, so to save contacts, settings and applications, first make a backup.
Installing OTA updates (over the air) and what to do if they do not arrive for a long time are described in detail in the instructions: how to update Android.
Install the ZIP file in CWM
On all devices out of the box there is a stock Recovery from the manufacturer, instead of it you need to install CWM according to the instructions. Then find and download the ZIP archive with the firmware. Please note that firmware of other formats is not installed via CWM.
1. Now go to Recovery. To do this, turn off the device and press a certain combination of buttons. Depending on the manufacturer, the key combination is different, all possible options are presented below (in a new detailed article it is written how to enter Recovery on specific models):
- Volume up power button
- Volume down power button
- Volume Up / Down Power Button Home
- Volume up volume down power button
Great, you are in Recovery. The movement is carried out using the volume buttons, and confirmation of the selection with the power button.
2. Before installing the firmware, you must first reset the settings: select wipe data / factory reset.
3. Next, just confirm that you agree to reset the settings: Yes Wipe all user data.
4. Great! Go back to the main menu and select install zip.
5. After that Choose zip from / sdcard.
6. Go to the folder where you saved the firmware and select it.
7. A confirmation prompt will appear. Click Yes Install.
8. The process of installing the firmware will go through and at the end at the bottom of the screen the message Install from sdcard complete will appear.
Great, Android is flashed. We return to the main menu of CWM Recovery and reboot the system. To do this, select reboot system now.
The download of the installed firmware will start. Don’t be alarmed, the first time after updating Android, this process can take up to 10 minutes.
How to flash Android via computer
Many mobile devices are flashed using special PC utilities: below are instructions for working with Fastboot and SP Flash Tool. Through the second program, various manipulations are performed with Chinese phones based on Mediatek processors.
Android firmware via Recovery
Unofficial firmware in ZIP format, such as CyanogenMod, can be installed via custom Recovery: CWM or TWRP, as well as applications that use Recovery, for example, ROM Manager. Kernels and patches are sewn in the same way. To download the official Update.Zip, the capabilities of the standard recovery mode are enough, more details in the article at the link above.
SP Flash Tool: flashing Chinese Android smartphones on MTK
Chinese smartphones Fly, Lenovo, Xiaomi, Meizu, ZTE, Doogee, Bluboo, UMI, Elephone, Oukitel, Blackview and others powered by MTK processors are flashed with a special utility SP Flash Tool. She knows how to sew individual partitions, format the system and create backups. Supported models on MT6572, MT6577, MT6580, MT6582, MT6589, MT6592, MT6750, MT6737, Helio P10, Helio P20, Helio X10, Helio X20 and other less popular chips.
The current version of the program is available on the website: http://spflashtool.com/. Before starting the process, install USB drivers for the MTK processor (the link to the FAQ is in the Fastboot section of this manual).
1. Unzip the SP Flash Tool folder on the C: \ drive, put the firmware next to it. The file path must not contain Cyrillic characters.
2. The folder contains the flash_tool file. Run it.
3. In the Download-agent field, the path to MTK_AllInOne_DA.Bin will already be indicated. Next, you need to press Scatter-loading and select the scatter file in the folder with the firmware.
4. Leave the switch on Download Only and mark which partitions you need to flash (by default, all are selected).
5. Click Download. Then we turn off the phone, remove the battery for a few seconds, insert it back and connect the turned off Android smartphone to the computer via USB.
6. First, a red bar will appear Download DA 100%.
7. Then yellow with the firmware process. Percentages show how close the installation is.
8. SP Flash Tool will inform you about the completion of the firmware of the mobile device, the Download Ok window will open with a checkmark.
Switch on your phone. The first launch usually takes a long time.
How to flash Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with Cyanogenmod.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet, recently it started to slow down very much. Resetting to factory settings didn’t help. As a result, I decided to change my native firmware to Cyanogenmod.
Below will be shown how to change the native firmware on Galaxy Tab 2, unofficial Cyanogenmod.
When changing the firmware, there is one thing, but the device’s serial number changes, which may lead to the fact that some applications that were purchased for your device (not from PlayMarket) stop working. For example, Navitel, if it was purchased a long time ago, is rigidly tied to the serial number of the device.
Some other applications can start working in a limited functionality mode, for example, Sberbank (by the way, it’s not just about the firmware, it works in a limited functionality mode if the device has root access).
If the above did not stop you, then you can start.
First, make a backup of the data that is important to you (contacts, photos, etc.). It will definitely not be superfluous.
After that, you need to go to the system settings and go to the device tab. There you need to see the model of the device, in my case it is P5110.
After that, you need to download the necessary software.
2)]] Odin3]] program for recording custom Recovery.
3) TWRP. Custom Recovery, for]] 5110]], for]] 5100]].
4) Actually Cyanogenmod for]] 5110]], for]] 5100]], for]] 5113]]. I chose the stable version 10.1.
5)]] Google Apps]]. Cyanogenmod does not come with Google services, so you need to install them manually. You need to select the version corresponding to the selected version of cyanogenmod.
I also collected everything necessary for the firmware in the archive. For]] 5110]], for]] 5100]], but it’s better to download the latest versions from the links above.
We fill in the firmware and Google services files on the memory card. You don’t need to unpack them, copy the zip archives. It is better to copy to the root of the memory card, so that later you will not search for a long time.
Attention, I am not responsible for what we will do next, if you do something wrong and turn your tablet into a brick, then I have nothing to do with it.
So. We put the tablet in download mode. To do this, turn it off, wait until the screen turns off completely, and start it with the volume up key held down (this is the farthest button from the power button).
This warning will appear.
Press the volume down button (closest to the power button). The tablet will enter download mode.
Next, we connect the tablet to the computer with a wire. Launch Odin3. The ID: COM field should not be empty, it signals that Odin3 saw the tablet. Click on the AP button, and select the bootloader file. Once again, the bootloader must strictly match the model of your tablet, like the firmware. Go to the Options tab and uncheck the auto reboot checkbox. Click the Start button. We are waiting for the bootloader to be uploaded to the tablet (the corresponding entry will appear in the Log tab).
After that, disconnect the tablet from the computer and turn it off. We launch it in Recovery mode, for this we press the volume down button and the power button.
TWRP should boot.
First of all, you need to make a backup copy of the original system, so that in which case you can return to this firmware. To do this, go to the Backup menu, and mark the sections that we want to backup. It is imperative to backup the System partitions of the OS itself, EFS in this section stores information about IMEI, serial number, etc., Boot bootloader. Cache and Data as desired, I did. Swipe to Back Up button. Backup starts.
We return to the main screen, and click Install.
Select the Cyanogenmod firmware file and also carry out to start installing the system.
After the installation is complete, we return to the main screen and press the Wipe button, similarly we carry out to reset to factory settings.
We return to the main screen again and press the Install button. Now select the google services file. Install, return to the main screen and reboot the tablet (the Reboot button).
All the firmware is complete, the first start-up may take a long time, be patient. After booting, there will be a standard procedure for setting up the device at the first start.
Since, cyanogenmod was covered, another way to save from the brakes on this tablet. Use stock firmware on andriod 4.0.3 / 4.0.4.
How to flash a tablet via Odin and ClockWorkMod
From this guide, you will learn how to install all kinds of firmware for Android devices (official factory / stock and custom / modified ones) yourself, at home, in various ways: via Recovery (any tablet) and using Odin (only Samsung devices). Some of them you can find and download on the same site, here.
How to install factory (stock) official firmware. How to install custom firmware on a tablet from an sd card
Installing custom firmware is relatively easier than installing the official one.
1. Download any custom firmware you want and Google apps (gapps.Zip). These applications are needed for the device to work correctly. Some programs do not work without Google applications, in particular without the Play Market. It is better to download those Google applications that come with the firmware (as a rule, gapps.Zip is also laid out with it) so that there are no conflicts.
2. Copy the archive with the software and gapps.Zip to the tablet memory. You can also use a memory card, but better for internal memory.
3. Download ClockWorkMod if not already installed. How to install ClockWorkMod on a tablet
4. Go to Recovery mode, for this press the Volume and the Power button
5. Do Wipe data / factory reset, how to do it is written above, point 10 from the instructions for installing the official firmware.
6. Select the Install zip from sdcard item there with the volume and power buttons. Then Chooze zip from sdcard, and choose your firmware. After it is installed, restart the tablet by selecting Reboot system now.
7. Now you need to install Google programs. We do the same as in the previous paragraph, only select gapps.Zip. Reboot again.
8. And again we do Wipe data / factory reset. And now that’s it, you managed to successfully reflash the device.
How to flash a Chinese tablet (Armix, ZTE, Prestigio, Ritmix)
Now let’s tell you how to flash a Chinese tablet. First of all, look for firmware for your tablet model. It is corny to ask the firmware search engine for the full_name_ of the tablet. It is advisable to indicate the exact name of the device, otherwise there is a fatal difference in a couple of numbers. After finding them, we read carefully the description of the firmware. If you are convinced that this is what you need download. If you cannot find it, try searching the English-speaking Internet by entering firmware for full_tablet_name.
Next, we format the memory card, just in case, in the FAT32 system and copy what we downloaded to it. Most likely it will be an archive, so you will have to unpack it, but how exactly is it better to read in the attached file.
We turn off the Chinese friend, check that the battery charge is sufficient and turn it on. The tablet will do everything itself. At least should.
How to flash a regular tablet
You can also flash and reflash the tablet yourself, at home, in several ways. For the simplest, there is already an instruction, it can be found in the article How to update android on a tablet, it uses the ability of Android to automatically find updates itself. Suitable for any manufacturer. If you don’t want to bother and do everything as quickly and safely as possible, I recommend this method. The rest are harder.
Drivers for Android tablet. Installed automatically when installing the bundled software, for example Kies from Samsung. If you are not sure that they are on your computer, download them to a USB flash drive from the Internet, simply by entering something like the Galaxy Tab 2 driver in the search terms on Yandex or Google. Or search on the manufacturer’s website. I would gladly give you direct links to download drivers, but I can’t. There are a lot of android tablets, and it is unrealistic to post a link for everyone. If you have Windows 7, install the drivers as administrator. Right mouse button on the driver file. Run as administrator).
The official firmware itself. Download it yourself, too, by entering similar queries into search engines, the official firmware of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Well, or also download it to a USB flash drive from the manufacturer’s website.
Odin program. Download it from wherever you want. It does not require installation, just unzip it somewhere (for example, on the same USB flash drive) so that it is at hand. Once again I warn you that this program can only flash android tablets from Samsung.
The preparation is complete. Let’s consider that the firmware has been downloaded from us, the Odin program is also downloaded, and the drivers are installed. We proceed with the installation according to the following instructions:
1. Turn off the antivirus and all third-party background programs on the computer, it is advisable to turn off the Internet.
2. Copy the archive with the firmware to a folder with an English name!
3. Run Odin.
Further actions depend on the type of your firmware. If it is one archive, proceed according to point 4.1, if it is three files, then follow point 4.2. Most likely you will come across a single-file, they are more modern than three-file.
4.1. Press the PDA button in Odin and select the firmware.
4.2. Press the PDA (system), PHONE (modem), CSC (region) buttons and select the necessary files, it will be clear what corresponds to what.
5. Turn off the tablet completely, wait a little, and then press the Volume buttons, and then quickly the Power button (other combinations are possible, they depend on the tablet model, for some you need to press not Volume, but Volume-), hold until the text menu appears.
6. Press Volume. To confirm (depending on the model, this action can be performed differently).
7. We connect the tablet to the computer (it is better to use the original cable), Odin will detect the COM port and the green square will light up.
8. Press Start in Odin, the firmware process has begun.
9. With a beep and a PASS message in the green window, Odin will tell us that the installation is complete. The tablet will reboot itself, you can disconnect the cable.
10. I recommend doing a wipe (data reset) after you manage to reflash the device. To do this, press the Volume. And the Power button, wait without releasing the buttons of another text menu. In it, select Wipe data / factory reset with the volume buttons, and confirm the selection with the Power key. After the process is complete, select the Reboot system now item, the tablet will reboot. Now everything is ready.
Here is a small one, better look at it, it will become clearer.
Samsung tablet firmware is slightly different from the standard method. This happened due to the hardware and system features of the products of this company. Without software intervention, nothing will come of it. To carry out the firmware process, you will need to download the Odin program. It is specially designed for flashing Samsung tablets.
After installing all the necessary drivers and downloading the firmware itself, you can start the installation process. Launch the Odin program and press the PDA button in it. Then we drive the tablet itself into bootloader mode. To do this, press the key combination volume up and turn on. The combination of buttons may vary depending on the model. We connect the tablet to the PC. Odin will automatically detect the device. After that, it remains to press the Start button. The firmware of the tablet will start. The program will notify you of the end of the process with a sound signal.
After installing the firmware, it is recommended to go into the recovery (volume down and power button) and reset the settings to standard (wipe data). Otherwise, the firmware may become unstable. Then you can start configuring the installed system.
Firmware with SD card
The easiest and most effective way. All you need to do is download the firmware file and unpack the DLOAD folder to the root of the SD card. Next, you need to drive the tablet into update mode. Different types of devices can use completely different key combinations for this. But in the standard version, these are combinations such as turning on the volume up or turning on and 2 volume buttons.
If everything is done correctly, a green robot will appear on the screen and the tablet will start flashing. Upon completion of the process, you need to restart the device. In some cases, you will have to press the power button for a very long time to do this. After rebooting, the device will try to start the updated OS for a very long time. It usually takes about 5-10 minutes.
Flashing tablets: step by step instructions. How to update correctly?
If your mobile friend started to glitch and slow down, and quite noticeably, then it’s time to change his firmware to a more recent one. Most tablet owners go to service centers to replace the firmware. But you can easily do it yourself. Why, one wonders, overpay? Everything you need a tablet, a cable to connect to a computer and unlimited internet.
Let’s say right away that the process of flashing mobile devices is the same type. Only minor details of the process depend on the model and manufacturer. Otherwise, everything happens according to the same scenario. No one should have problems with self-flashing the tablet. After all, this is not a Newton binomial.
What needs to be done before the firmware process?
Before taking on this risky business, you should make a backup copy of the OS (if your tablet works). If something goes wrong, you can always restore a working system. Next, we need to decide on the type of firmware and find it. Although custom is faster, the most stable are the official firmware versions. We will put them.
Let’s assume we have found and downloaded the firmware. Now is the time to install the drivers required to connect the device to your computer. Without this, the firmware of the tablets will be impossible. After installing the drivers, you can connect the tablet to the computer and start the process itself. There are several ways to flash an official OS device. In principle, it all depends on the tablet itself.