How to Reset iPhone via iTunes
Step 3. flashing the smartphone
So, all the preparatory procedures are completed, the most important thing remains. to reflash the smartphone. To do this, you need to do the following:
1) In the “Overview” section, click on the “Restore iPad” button (“Restore iPhone”).
Please note that if you use this method, the current version of the firmware and operating system will be installed on your smartphone, respectively.
In case you want to use a different version of the operating system, then you will need to perform several other steps.
What you need to start the recovery procedure
The list of devices that we need to restore a smartphone is relatively small and very obvious. It:
Computer on which the current version of “iTunes” is installed.
USB cable that came with the device.
Step 1. Turn off Find My (Find iPhone / Find iPad)
You will not be able to reflash your iPhone if Find iPhone is enabled on it. The reason for this is very simple and understandable. this is one of the security measures to prevent an attacker from gaining access to the device.
Actually, that is why the first thing we need to do to flash the device is to deactivate the “Locator” function. To do this, you need to do the following.
1) To get started, open the “Settings” window and at the top of it, click on the name of your account in the Apple ID system.
2) Next, in the next tab, switch to the “iCloud” section.
Important! On devices that run on a system with iOS 13 and lower, the Find iPhone / Find iPad tool has been renamed, so now it is called Find My.
Also, on devices with this version of the operating system, the path to deactivating this function looks different. you need to switch to the section “Your Apple ID account name”, then to “Find My”, then to “Find iPhone” (“Find iPad”).
Actually, after that you just turn off this function and you can proceed to the next step.
Step 2. Connecting the smartphone to the computer and copying the system
In case, after you reflash the device, you plan to use all the same applications and services, then we advise you to create a backup copy of the system so that in the future you will not experience difficulties installing the same applications.
1) Connect the phone to the computer using the original cable from the kit and open the program “iTunes”.
After the smartphone is recognized by the system and the program, respectively, click on the smartphone icon that appears in the corner.
2) After that, switch to the “Overview” tab.
Actually, this tab contains many tools for managing the gadget, but we need the item “Create a copy now”.
You will be offered a choice of two options for saving a backup. to local computer media or to cloud storage.
Select the appropriate option and proceed to the next step.
How to Restore iPhone via iTunes
Hello everyone! With the help of the “iTunes” utility you can restore your iPhone or any other gadget from the “Apple” corporation. This is done by installing a new firmware, which in fact returns your device to the “only from the assembly line” state. So, within the framework of this material, we will analyze the iTunes recovery procedure in as much detail as possible using the tools from the iTunes program.
Flashing iPhone via “iTunes
As we said earlier, within the framework of this material, we will analyze the procedures for changing the device firmware using the iTunes toolkit. But first, let’s figure out what we need in order for the procedure to be successful.
Recovering the device without changing the operating system version
1) First, you need to download the firmware version that you are currently using.
As part of this material, we will not give you links to sites from which you can download firmware, but you can find them yourself, without spending even 5 minutes.
2) After you download the required firmware version, you can proceed to the recovery procedure.
You will need to complete all the steps from the above steps, after which, during the start of the recovery procedure after opening the “Overview” menu on the keyboard, hold down the Shift key and click on the “Restore iPad” (“Restore iPhone”) button.
3) After that, the system file manager will open, in which you will need to specify the path to the firmware that you downloaded. Actually, after that, the recovery procedure will start.
On average, recovery takes about half an hour. After the procedure is completed, you will be offered two options. either boot the system from a backup, or configure the device as new.
We will not describe further actions, since the instructions in the iTunes program will be clear to any user.
How to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone, iPad or iPod?
It should be noted right away that in order for you to be able to transfer the video to your portable device, it must be in MP4 format. If you have a video of a different format, then you will need to convert it first.
How to add videos to iTunes?
Now that the desired video is on your computer, you can proceed to the step of adding it to iTunes. This can be done in two ways: by dragging it into the program window and through the iTunes menu.
In the first case, you will need to simultaneously open two windows on the screen. iTunes and the folder with the video. Just drag the video with the mouse into the iTunes window, after which the video will automatically go to the desired section of the program.
In the second case, in the iTunes window, click on the “File” button and open the “Add file to library” item. In the window that opens, double-click your mouse to select your video.
To see if a video has been successfully added to iTunes, open the Movies section in the upper left corner of the program, and then go to the My Movies tab. In the left pane, open the Home Videos sub-tab.
How to Convert Video to MP4 Format?
To convert videos, you can use either a special program, for example, Hamster Free Video Converter, which allows you to easily convert videos into a format adapted for viewing on an Apple device, or use an online service, which will work right in the browser window.
In our example, we will look at how video conversion is performed using an online service.
To get started, go to your browser using this link to the Convert Video Online service page. In the window that opens, click on the “Open file” button, and then in Windows Explorer select your video file.
The second step in the “Video” tab, check the “Apple” item, and then select the device on which the video will subsequently be played.
Click on the “Settings” button. Here, if necessary, you can increase the quality of the final file (if the video will be played on a small screen, then the maximum quality should not be set, but you should not underestimate the quality either), change the audio and video codecs used, and also, if necessary, remove audio from video.
Start the video conversion process by clicking on the “Convert” button.
The conversion process will begin, the duration of which will depend on the original video size and the selected quality.
Once the conversion is complete, you will be prompted to download the result to your computer.
How to Transfer Videos from Computer to Apple Device with iTunes
How to Transfer Videos to iPhone, iPad or iPod?
Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable or Wi-Fi sync. Click on the device thumbnail that appears in the top area of iTunes.
Once in the menu for managing your Apple device, go to the “Movies” tab in the left pane of the window, and then check the box next to “Sync Movies”.
Check the box next to the videos to be transferred to the device. In our case, this is the only video, so we put a check mark next to it, and then click in the lower area of the window on the button “Apply”.
The synchronization process will begin, after which the video will be copied to your gadget. You can watch it in the Video application on the Home Videos tab on your device.
We hope this article helped you figure out how to transfer videos to iPhone, iPad or iPod. If you still have questions, ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Restoring access through iTunes
Before choosing a specific way to unlock your device, you need to correctly determine the reason for the lock. The easiest way to recover data in a situation where the password is simply forgotten. with the right actions, you can quickly restore access and save all the information available on the smartphone.
We recommend that you turn on data synchronization in the iPhone settings immediately after purchasing the device. this way the gadget will automatically save all data on your personal iCloud cloud, which will save information even if the device is locked as a result of a breakdown.
With data retention
This method will work if you just forgot your password. In such a situation, in no case try to pick a combination by the “hitting” method. a lot of wrong options will lead to blocking.
To fix the problem, you need a Windows or macOS computer and a connection cord. The sequence of actions will look like this:
- We download the iTunes program from the official website of Apple, install, log in to our account using our own Apple ID (the one to which the “iPhone” is linked with a forgotten password).
- We connect the smartphone to the computer using a cord.
- Open the section “My devices” in the program. Your iPhone, which was just connected to the PC, should be displayed here. When you click, the “Browse” button will appear, click on it.
- Click on “Restore” to “drop” the password.
As a result, the password on the smartphone will be reset, it will be possible to unlock it without entering a PIN code. All data will be saved, the password can be changed immediately.
With data loss
If the computer and smartphone have not been synchronized before, or the device has completely frozen, you will have to go to the loss of data to unlock. To do this through iTunes, you need:
- Open the program and connect the phone to the computer using a cord.
- Press the “Home” key and the button responsible for switching to sleep mode on the iPhone at the same time. For iPhone 7 and above, instead of the “Home” button, you need to hold down the volume down key.
- Select the “Recovery” option. A message will appear on the PC about an attempt to restore the device, we agree.
Most often, this method is used to restore access, since the question of unlocking users arises after the device is finally locked.
To reduce the risk of losing information, make regular backups of your data. there is iCloud for this.
How to Unlock iPhone via iTunes via Computer
Apple is one of the best examples of companies focusing on privacy. This is reflected in the system for blocking devices on iOS. users can choose from several verification options for unlocking. However, no one is immune from the situation when the password is simply forgotten or changed by a stranger. In such situations, you have to hiccup, how to unlock iPhone through iTunes through a computer. In this article, we will consider this issue in as much detail as possible.
What to do if you can’t access iTunes
You may not have access to iTunes, but you need to unlock your smartphone urgently. In such situations, you will have to restore access using the following methods:
- via iCloud. unlocking can be done through the site, where you have to log in to Apple ID, click on “Find iPhone” and tap on “Erase”;
- using flashing utilities. a complex method that requires a certain set of knowledge and skills.
If iCloud is also locked, then the recovery procedure will be quite time consuming.
How to sync iPhone with iTunes
When you sync iPhone with iTunes, you can transfer information from your phone to your PC, or vice versa. In addition, you can send each other music, pictures, movies, make backups and keep them in working order, restore individual information and all iOS if necessary. In this article, we’ll take a look at how to properly sync iPhone with iTunes.
To connect your phone to a PC and sync it using iTunes, you need a USB cable and perform some manipulations:
Launch iTunes and connect iPhone to PC. You will see the inscription “Do you want to allow this computer to access information (device name)”. Click “Continue” and perform some actions on the iPhone.
We unlock the iPhone and answer “Trust” to the question “Trust this computer?”. And then we enter the password.
Go to iTunes and authorize the PC. This is done in order to restore the “trust relationship” between devices, as well as to be able to use the information that is stored on them.
Open the “Account” block. It’s located at the top of the app. We successively press “Authorize” and “Authorize this computer”;
Enter your username and password from your Apple ID account and click “Login”;
See how many PCs are authorized under this account and click “OK”.
The process of recognizing the iTunes iPhone begins. A picture of a phone or tablet appears at the top. Click on the picture and select the desired item.
The transition to the Apple manual. the device can be done through the sidebar of the application. In the catalog “Devices” you will find its name.
By going to the desired section of iTunes, you can synchronize certain types of information, for example, music. There is a special tab for this. The steps are very simple. Just mark the desired item and click “Apply”. You can work with “Photos”, “Movies”, “TV Shows” in the same way.
In this case, we need to synchronize all the information. Therefore, we remain in the “Overview” catalog. This is where the backup will be created, and you can store it both in the cloud storage and on a PC.
A computer is more suitable for force majeure. when restoring an iPhone or when upgrading to a more modern model. In other cases, you can use an iCloud backup. You can create and restore it without using a PC.
Below the information backup block there is a section containing parameters for automatic synchronization. Here you need to note the first two parameters so that synchronization is performed every time you connect and to perform it over Wi-Fi.
Click “Synchronize” to start the process of information exchange.
Important. Today, iPhone Wi-Fi syncing is only possible if you have iOS 12 or lower.
The process can be monitored in a special area.
After syncing is complete (1), you can proceed to disconnect iPhone from PC via Safely Remove. To do this, click on the appropriate button (2) and remove the cable.
iTunes, while considered universal, has never been the benchmark. For example, Apple does not use it entirely in the macOS environment, but divides it into several components. And on Windows, iTunes gives errors and works intermittently. This also includes the issue of synchronization.
It cannot be performed for various reasons, and most often from. per:
malfunction of both a mobile device and a PC;
As you can see, it is easy to sync iPhone with iTunes, and problems that arise in the process of work are easily eliminated.
How to Transfer Music to iPhone from Computer (2 Ways)
I think everyone will agree with me that downloading media content to iPhones and other iOS devices is terribly inconvenient, and even difficult for some users. There is a need to master the iTunes media player. However, there is a plus in this, the media library will be correctly and beautifully designed.
This tutorial will show you how to upload music to iPhone in several ways, so let’s get started:
How to Transfer Music to iPhone via iTunes
In order to upload music from your iTunes library to iPhone, you just need to sync them. Follow below steps:
Connect iPhone via USB to your computer, if you have Wi-Fi sync enabled, then use it.
If iTunes was not open, it will open itself. After the iPhone appears in the icon bar. click on it,
Go to the “Overview” tab, scroll down to the “Options” section and check the box “Handle music and videos manually”. Click the “Apply” button
Now you need to select the “Music” tab and check the box next to the “Sync Music”.
Slightly below, if you need to download all the music from aytyuns, select the item “All media library”. And if you only want to download specific albums, tracks, or playlists, select “Favorite Playlists, Artists, Albums and Genres.” And click “Apply”.
After iTunes and iPhone sync finishes, all marked music will be downloaded to iPhone.
How to Transfer Music to iPhone from Computer via iTools
There is a great alternative to iTunes, with which you can very quickly drop music to iPhone from your computer, this is the iTools program.
iTools (iTools). at the moment it is the best analogue of the iTunes program. Can completely replace iTunes to solve long syncing problems for iPhone and iPad.
It does not have the ability of iTunes to organize a music collection, however, most users do not need this, since you can register metadata directly in the OS environment.
Run the iTools program.
Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
Go to the Music tab.
Click on the Import button.
Select the desired songs in MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, Apple Lossless format and click Open.
If you need to select several files, hold down the Command button on Mac or Ctrl on Windows and click on the necessary ones with the mouse. If you need to select all files in a folder, use the keyboard shortcuts CommandA on Mac and CtrlA on Windows.
After that, the process of importing music will begin, after its completion, all the selected music will be on the device.
How to add music to iTunes
I think this is the most difficult and time-consuming of the methods discussed in the article, but it also has advantages:
- in iTunes for each music file, you can register ID3 metadata for the convenience of grouping and organizing tracks;
- you can put your own cover on any track, which looks beautiful in the “Music” application on the iPhone;
- any track you can set your own equalizer settings and volume level;
- iTunes is very easy to create playlists that will be downloaded to the iPhone when syncing;
- iTunes can download your entire library or your favorite playlists, genre, albums, or artists to your iPhone.
As you can see, even despite the shortcomings of the iTunes program, it has its advantages, and when you learn how to add music to iPhone through iTunes, you will forget about the shortcomings.
In order to download music to iPhone, iPod or iPad, you must first upload audio files to your iTunes library.
- First, we launch the iTunes program. The latest version can be downloaded from the Apple website.
- Adding music to iTunes is very simple, for this you just need to drag the media file or even the entire folder with files into the program window. Then iTunes will start adding them to your library.
- Select a folder with tracks or one track, press the right mouse button and select “Details”, and now fill in the ID3 metadata and add a cover.
After filling up your music collection, you can start downloading music from your computer to your iPhone. You can of course not fill it, but when you fill it in everything looks much more beautiful.
What formats does iPhone and iTunes understand?
You can transfer music to iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad directly from a computer running Windows or Mac OS X.
It should be noted that iTunes does not work with all popular audio formats, and therefore, you cannot upload them to the library.
So, iTunes and iPhone, 100% support the following formats: MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, Apple Lossless, but some of the popular WMA and FLAC formats, unfortunately, do not.
If the music file is not added to the iTunes library, therefore, the program does not support this format and must be converted to any of the formats listed above.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via iTunes
Since 2001, the company has been developing the iTunes application, a media player for playing and organizing files, music, etc. This program is also used to transfer data to iPhone, iPad and iPod from a computer or laptop running macOS or Windows.
Let’s take a look at how to properly use iTunes on both operating systems.
Using the cloud
Cloud storage is an online service that stores files on remote servers that can be accessed from any device. The cloud is convenient to use for transferring files to different operating systems or for quick access to an item (photo, video, document, etc.) anywhere in the world.
There is a wide selection of storages on the market, including Google Drive, OneDrive, Gavitex, MEGA, Yandex.Disk, Cloud. Dropbox, etc. Consider iCloud and OneDrive as an example.
Transferring files from iPhone to Windows PC is more difficult due to the need to install additional software.
Hard reset iphone 6s/ 6s plus, SE, 6/ 6 / plus, 5s, 5c,5, 4s,4 (reset to factory settings)
- Install iTunes.
- Connect iPhone to computer via cable.
- Confirm the connection on your phone by clicking “Trust”.
MacOS (OS X) is used on the company’s branded devices, namely the iMac and MacBook. At the same time, iTunes is part of this OS, which allows you to use it right out of the box without installing additional software.
To transfer photos from iPhone:
- Connect your device to Mac via USB cable.
- Open “iTunes” → “Continue”.
- Confirm the connection on your phone by clicking “Trust”.
- If the “Photos” application has not opened, then launch it yourself.
- Go to the “Import” tab → Click:
- “Import All” to copy all photos.
- “Import Selected” to transfer individual photos.
This method has significant advantages due to its simplicity. To implement the method:
- Connect your phone via cable.
- On the smartphone screen, click “Trust”.
- Go to “Explorer” (“My Computer”) → “iPhone” (or the name of the device, which is specified in the gadget settings).
- “Internal Storage” → “DCIM”.
- Here you will see folders that store photos.
- Select the required files → copy (move) to the desired folder on the PC.
How to Reset All Settings on iPhone via iTunes?
Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Under Settings for [your name] iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone. A pop-up window appears in iTunes asking you to restore or update your device. Click “Restore”.
How to Get Out of iPhone Recovery Mode?
How to Get iPhone Out of Recovery Mode with RecBoot
- Connect iPhone in recovery loop to computer and launch RecBoot.
- After the utility recognizes the connected device, click on the “Exit Recovery” button.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
How to clean up iPhone trash?
How to get rid of junk and free up space on iPhone
- Perform a forced reboot
- Delete the cache in the settings
- Delete the cache in the applications themselves
- Reinstall space eating apps
- Start all over again
- Use apps to clean up space
- Take advantage of iOS capabilities.
What happens if you reset all settings on iPhone?
What happens if you reset iPhone via iTunes
You can reset all settings, delete content, and install the latest version of the operating system through the “Restore iPhone” function. There are no more options here. After completing the procedure, you will be able to set up your device as new. May 14, 2020.
How to reset iPhone
Working on the phone becomes more and more difficult and new problems appear. This is now becoming common to phones and other similar smart devices, computer users are used to dealing with devices, and the iPhone is no exception. Resetting a locked iPhone is an easy process and you can perform a full factory restore of iTunes and Apple software.
Instructions on how to reset iPhone settings
Turn off your iPhone, and then turn on your phone again. Press and hold the “Wake / Sleep” button. until a red slider appears, then drag it. Hold “Wake / Sleep”. until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Reset iPhone by holding the “Wake / Sleep” and “Home” buttons together for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo is displayed on the screen.
Reset your iPhone by choosing “Reset” from the “General” menu and then choosing “Reset All Settings.” You reset your iPhone, but you haven’t deleted content such as music and videos. You can delete content by selecting “Reset” in “General” and choosing the “Erase All Content and Settings” menu. This will remove all settings from iPhone.
You can restore iPhone back (backup) by connecting iPhone to iTunes. Select iPhone from the iTunes sidebar and then select “Recovery.” This will erase all content and settings on the phone and reinstall the iPhone software.
Note or tip, when resetting iPhone settings and data, please make sure the iPhone is being used correctly, under low charging conditions, iPhone software may have problems.
Always back up iPhone data before doing full restore or erasing iPhone contents, as you will not be able to restore iPhone data after doing this.
49 Комментарии и мнения владельцев:
And if I reset the setting on iTunes, will this action delete my music and other files?
Please give the most detailed advice on how to reset iTunes settings on a computer without deleting media content. Thanks for the information!
No, if a reset is made in the iTunes settings, then your songs should not be affected, in other words, they will not be deleted.
Go to User Library Preferences. Next, find the files with the names:. Com.Apple.iTunes.eq.plist. Com.Apple.iTunes Com.Apple.iTunesHelper.plist
Move these files to your computer desktop, and then restart your computer. Open iTunes utility and see how the factory reset happened in iTunes. If the reset is clean, that is, all the settings have been reset, then you can delete the files that were previously saved on the PC desktop.
Afterword: if something goes wrong or you want the old aytyuns settings, return the files back.
Here are thanks for helping with the question of how to return the iPhone to factory settings if the mobile is locked
Hello, but what if the settings on the iPhone are not reset? Maybe some alternative. there is.
If you reset all settings in the iPhone, then all applications will be deleted or become in the mobile?
Purchased apps are saved to your account.
But I have a more difficult question, how to reset and register a new Apple ID? Give instructions.
Is a factory reset and software overload repairing an iPhone, or is the wizard trying to get more money out of me??
Something doesn’t work out for me. 🙁 How to reset iPhone settings so iTunes sees it as a new device
And if the iPhone launches before the Apple logo and that’s it. how to reset the phone?
I have a question: if you reset the settings from the iPhone, the SMS history is saved or deleted?
After resetting to factory settings on the cell phone iPhone Q5 writes, it fails to connect, help me figure out this problem in the phone !
Thank you guys so much for the described reset of all iPhone settings, the method worked 🙂
After deleting the account and resetting the settings on the iPhone 5, is it possible to create a new Apple ID and what will be the consequences?
How to factory reset iPhone 5 if you forgot your lock screen password ?
Hello, how to set up in the iPhone 5c so that you can see that the information has been reset from the iPhone?
Teach How to Reset iPhone Phone Connect Counter to iTunes
If you reset all settings on the iPhone, it will be completely unlinked from Apple ID.?
Please urgently share some hacking tricks on how to reset iPhone to factory settings with blocked ID
The packing box, as well as the appearance of the phone, are in excellent condition.
Hello! I have a special case. How to Factory Reset iPhone via iTunes if the Screen Doesn’t Work?
And how to reset browser settings in iPhone 5?
Friends, chirp how to reset all settings on a locked iPhone 5s. Thanks for the advice. to all who responded!
Mercy! But I’ve been thinking if I reset the settings from the iPhone, the SMS history is saved or deleted. 🙂
Help Guide How To Hard Reset On iPhone Which Is Locked
Yep, how to reset content and settings on iPhone? Asks for a password.
When you reset the settings, the iOS version changes or not
In the app store, when updating or downloading any programs, it requires a password from the old account. (I don’t know him) I’m already charged. New and went everywhere with her. What should I do. Help.
Good people tell me I bought an iPhone 5 from my hands! synchronized iCloud added a record epl idi also added a record from the computer threw off everything I wanted) But I wanted to Reset the settings it asks for a password I don’t know it and the last owner also what to do 4 times the last owner tried to guess the password.
We need an easy method for a teapot how to reset all settings on an iPhone in order to save contacts at the same time
For Andrey. From experience, the password can consist of numbers: four zeros.
Guys, please help, I bought an iPhone 5c without a box from my hands, walked around with it for about a month, then I wanted to completely abandon the phone, after I dropped it, it turned on, I chose Russia and registration went, and there you need to keep a login and password, I have as there are no currents, what should I do?
The main button is called the round button on the front of the phone.
People, but how to reset all settings from a Chinese iPhone if it is locked?
Ok, now let’s see how the old iPhone library can be cleaned or not. If something goes wrong, then I will write.
What you need to do if your iPhone is not lost
Thanks for the advice on how to reset your iPhone! I myself, somehow, did not think that before resetting to factory settings, you need to separately save a backup copy of personal data from the smartphone. Especially contacts from a mobile phone, this is very important for me.
Dear, how to reset iPhone 5 if you do not know the password!?
Recently I bought an iPhone from my hands, when I reset the settings, it asks for the ID of the old owner 🙁
Guys what to do with iPhone if you reset content and settings and now asks to connect to iTunes?
Hello to all iPhone owners! People how to reset iPhone 5 to factory settings if the phone does not turn on ?
Please tell me. if you reset all settings on iPhone 4s. The software will also be reset. The iPhone has become very slow due to software updates
Thanks for the tip! Now I’ll see how to restore the default settings on the iPhone using the buttons.
Good afternoon, I dropped the phone. the screen floated, they ask to return to the service center by resetting the settings. Did you blindly do everything as you described, how can I now find out whether I reset to factory settings or not?
Hello, I can not reset the settings because it asks for a 4-digit password (what to do?
hello please tell me how to restore factory settings on a locked iPhone which I found I will be very grateful
iPhone can also be factory reset via iTunes
How to find out four-digit password on iPhone to reset Apple phone settings.
This is a sensible topic! And write me how to reset the settings on a locked iPhone
By clicking on the icon, share information on the social network:
What is iPhone firmware
Before you install new software through a computer, you need to find out what kind of firmware methods there are. Today you can use two methods:
- Recovery. This method is used when the client cannot use the smartphone due to a failure. Cell phone won’t turn on or freezes constantly. In this case, the client can independently reflash the iPhone via iTunes. For the operation to be successful, the owner must have access to a stationary computer, as well as to an already downloaded operating system.
- Software Update. The installed operating system is changed to a new version that is offered to the user. The updated iOS will fix bugs and add new functionality. The update is performed through iTunes. Also, the operation can be carried out “by air”.
- Before starting the installation process, it is recommended that you prepare your cell phone for the procedure. First, you should make a backup copy of all data from the gadget. If the installation process is disrupted, all information will be lost. Backup will allow you to restore parameters and files.
When you need to download new firmware to your cell phone
You may need to flash an iPhone through iTunes on a computer in several situations:
- The operating system has crashed. When a serious error occurs in the software, the smartphone fails. To use the gadget again, you need to flash the device.
- A new software version has been released. The company has fixed problems and bugs in the old firmware. Also, the new operating system adds features and additional applications. Minor bugs and crashes fixed.
- Updating software for installing applications. Some programs may not work on older software versions. A firmware update is required for games or applications to work without bugs.
- An iPhone user can install a new version of the software for free through the settings section on the phone.
IPhone firmware and how to reflash a smartphone via iTunes
In order for the smartphone to work, an operating system is installed on it. Also, Apple is constantly releasing updated software versions in which bugs have been eliminated. But there are situations when a client needs to reinstall the firmware on his device. You need to figure out when such a procedure is required and how to flash the iPhone yourself through iTunes.
What is firmware for a smartphone, why is it necessary for a cell phone
The update allows you to eliminate those bugs that were identified earlier in the system. The user will have access to new operations. He will also have access to applications that cannot function on older versions of the software. To give the iPhone more built-in features, the company is releasing new operating systems. They fixed bugs and added functionality. There are three types of firmware that are available for smartphones:
- official, it can be used by all clients, the download is free through the settings of the smartphone or iTunes;
- beta version, it can only be used by those who have a developer certificate;
- custom firmware is available to some customers, to download it, you need to have PWNage Tools and Sn0wbreeze programs, it is not officially distributed.
Usually, the installation of new firmware is required in order to unlock the iPhone and be able to use the smartphone with any mobile operator. This applies to older versions of cell phones. Also, in this way, the gadget is restored if it was blocked due to an incorrect password.
How to flash using iTunes
IPhone firmware via iTunes allows you to restore your phone to work. To download a new software version to your phone, you need to follow these instructions:
- the cell phone is connected to the equipment on which the iTunes program is installed, it can be a laptop or a stationary PC;
- the connection must be made with the original cord;
- then the owner should launch the iTunes application on his computer, if the launch process did not start automatically;
- when the utility and the gadget are synchronizing, the smartphone icon will be displayed on the screen, you need to click on it;
- after that, the user presses the “Shift” key and selects the “Restore” button on the screen;
- a file with firmware will appear on the computer, which was previously downloaded to the stationary PC;
- the file must be in the “IPSW” format;
- if the software is not found, the system will inform the client about it by notification;
- in order to start the process of updating the system, you must give your permission for the procedure;
- then there will be an automatic download of the firmware to the cell phone.
- During the installation process, the utility will delete all data from the cell phone. After the operation is completed, there will be no information on the smartphone. All settings will be reset to factory defaults. For this reason, it is recommended that you create a backup beforehand.
Also, the firmware can be installed via a Wi-Fi network. This procedure is called by users “By Air” installation. If an iOS update is already available on your smartphone, you can complete the process without a computer. To install, follow these instructions:
- first you need to go to the section with cell phone settings;
- then the item “Basic” is selected on the screen;
- now the client will need the section “Software update” from the list;
- the process of searching for new firmware versions will start on the screen;
- if there are new proposals, they will appear on the display;
- then the owner will have to click the “Download and install” item;
- when the procedure is completed, the new software will be installed on the smartphone.
It is possible to install a new firmware in DFU mode. This method is necessary if recovery via Recovery Mode is not possible. The mode is used in case of serious failures in the smartphone system. It is usually used if the cell phone does not turn on. DFU allows you to reset all installed settings. To enter this mode, the user must perform the following actions:
- the cell phone is connected to the computer using the original cable;
- then on the iPhone, press the “Power” and “Home” buttons at the same time;
- it takes about ten seconds to hold the combination;
- when the required time has elapsed, the “Power” key is first released;
- the “Home” button must be held down.
Not all users can immediately enter this mode, since there are no changes on the display. To understand that the phone has entered the desired mode, you should look at the iTunes program window. As soon as the procedure is completed, a message about the found device in recovery mode will appear on the screen.
Additionally, the firmware is performed through the recovery mode. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- the smartphone turns off, then the Home button is pressed and the cell phone is connected to the PC;
- then you need to start the iTunes program, it must determine the cell, then click “OK”;
- now you should select the item “Restore iPhone”;
- the item is pressed while holding the “Shift” button;
- after that, the file manager will be displayed on the screen;
- the required firmware is selected.
Then iTunes will perform all the steps automatically. When the procedure is completed, you can turn on your phone.
How to flash a locked smartphone
To do this, use the Tenorshare 4u Key unlock tool. The procedure is performed like this:
- the phone is connected to the PC, the utility is launched;
- then the item “Start” is selected on the screen;
- you must first download the firmware for your smartphone;
- to start recovery, press the “Open Now” button;
- in 10-15 minutes the smartphone will be restored.
After completing the procedure, you can turn on your cell phone and use it again. All data from the gadget will be deleted.
Flashing a gadget via iTunes is not difficult. Also, the user can use third-party programs to restore his smartphone. The easiest way to install a new software version is through the section with phone settings.
Resetting all data and settings
Now that you have moved everything to a safe place, we can reset the iPhone.
- Open “Settings”, find “General” and go down, there we will see “Reset”.
- Go to the reset menu. 6 options open before us, but we are only interested in two. “Reset all settings” or “Erase content and settings”.
If you choose the first option, then you will not lose your data. photos, music, contacts, etc., but only return your phone to the initial settings. This function is needed for those who experience malfunctions of the device, for example, problems with cellular communication, Internet settings, etc. So you will return the phone to the initial settings, without losing data.
And in order to completely reset the iPhone, you need the second option. Click on it and wait for the process to complete, which will last from two minutes or more, depending on the memory load. Thus, you will be able to erase everything that was on your iPhone, from settings to private photos. The iPhone 5 is now as clean as a baby’s tear. And you can safely transfer it to other hands.
Reset iPhone Settings and Delete Data
I don’t want to start this article with guessing why you needed to reset the iPhone, you just have to focus on the fact that the reset menu and the general reset menu are in the same place, so in the article we will combine the solution of both issues into a single whole.
Those of you who are looking for information about a regular factory reset. you can safely go down one point below and contemplate detailed instructions. For the rest of those who want to erase data from their phone, for example, for sale, we want to offer a certain sequence of actions so that later they do not bite their elbows.
If you decide, for example, to change your iPhone 5 to iPhone 6, then before that you need to complete three simple procedures: backup, reset all data and settings from iPhone 5, transfer information to a new i-gadget.
Reset iPhone via iTunes
You can also return your phone to its original settings using iTunes. To do this, connect the gadget to your computer, open iTunes and wait until the program detects your device.
After that, you just need to go to the tab of your phone and click the “Restore iPhone” button. If you had Find My iPhone turned on, iTunes will ask you to turn it off. You just have to follow the request and disable “Find My iPhone” in the iCloud settings, and finally also refuse to select the previously saved backups. Thus, the recovery process will begin, which will completely clear your device and return the settings to standard.
Before you reset iPhone 5 and erase its settings, you need to transfer everything to your computer. you can do this using iTunes or iTools. There is also the option of creating a backup copy in the cloud, it will suit you if you have a configured iCloud account and the phone can be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
All these simple manipulations are described in the article about creating backups, therefore, if this information is new for you, with the material, before going further.
Transferring information to a new device
After resetting the settings and content on the old smartphone, we need to transfer them to the new one. For this we need previously created backups. As you remember, there were two options. via PC or the cloud. The transfer process is very similar to restoring an iPhone from a backup, so we will not duplicate the information and just provide you with a link to the very article.
How To Reset & Restore your Apple iPhone X. Factory Reset
So we showed how to erase all data from your iPhone and, if necessary, transfer it to a new one. As it turned out, there is nothing complicated in this procedure. We wish you pleasant use!
Do not forget to read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later Комментарии и мнения владельцев, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.