How to Put Theme on Android
Many are interested in the question of how to make another on the phone from one operating system. This is possible with the help of “firmware”. Consider popular systems such as Android and Windows Phone.
- We make Android from Windows Phone
- The main files that are present in the firmware program:
- Starting a new system with Windows Phone CP
- Starting a new system from Windows Phone memory
We make Android from Windows Phone
.Gif “/> First, take care of creating a backup copy of the device. You can do this with a function on your phone or with a special program (for example, Titanium Bekap). If something goes wrong or you want to return everything back, then such a copy will help without problems. Also, a backup copy will help to install all your important documents, photos, images,s and other files on a ready-made flashed smartphone. In order to check if there are backups in the phone’s memory, go to the phone’s settings, in the “Backups” tab.
There are many models of Windows phones, but the principle of firmware is the same. The firmware can be performed in two ways: installing Android on a memory card and launching it directly from the Windows system and installing android in the phone’s memory.
The main files that are present in the firmware program:
- Initrd.Gz. File system. Used to launch Android from a flash drive.
- Haret.Exe is a system file that downloads the entire Android platform.
- Zimage is the core for Android.
- Default.Txt. Boot script.
- Androidinstall.Tar. File system.
- Androidupdate.Tar. File for updating the Android system.
Starting a new system with Windows Phone KP
With this method, all Android system folders are registered in one of the root folders of the Windows Phone memory card. The folder can be any. Example System Path: Memory Card / OCA. Particular attention should be paid to the default.Txt file and its contents. It contains all the information for the normal launch of a new operating system.
Starting a new system from Windows Phone memory
The file that is installed in the smartphone’s memory is.Nbh. For our case, it should be called polaimg-panel1-320-17-06-10.Nbh, where each part has its own meaning. The first word is the type of smartphone (manufacturer), the second is the model, the first digit is the screen resolution, the last three digits are the release date of this file. We select the firmware version ourselves, depending on personal preferences.
- Using special programs, we get root access to the smartphone. This can be done using programs such as: Framaroot, Root Genius, iRoot, RomasterSy and others.
- Download the utility necessary for the firmware. For each model of phone and tablet it is different. If you take the most common, then for HTC these are Custom programs.
- We format the memory card using the program designed for this purpose. Fat 32. It is better to take a memory card class of 10 so that there will be no problems in the future. On it, create a folder that we call andboot. From the firmware, select the androidinstall.Tar file and, if there is one, androidupdate.Tar and place them in the folder created on the USB flash drive.
- Connect the device to the computer with a USB cable without a memory card! On the computer, create a folder with any name and throw the Custom program and the.Nbh file into it.
- We start the program from the Custom RUU folder and follow the instructions that appear on the screen. Last you need to click the button labeled Update and wait for the progress to complete. After it restarts and hangs.
- We insert the previously prepared memory card into the device and press the volume “-” button and the power off button simultaneously (turn it on in the soft reset mode). We wait until the inscription “Hold down Volume Up or DPad center to launch installer” appears on the smartphone screen. As soon as we observe it on the screen, press the center of the joystick button (or the “” button on the volume). The device will go to the installation menu of the new operating system.
- In the menu that appears, select Sys on NAND / Data on NAND. Below, it is necessary to highlight Install System and wait until the system is installed. If the androidupdate.Tar file has been moved to the memory card, select Install Update and wait for it to return to the main menu. Next you need to click on Fix Permissions and wait.
- Next, we reboot the device again in soft reset mode. After that, the device can boot for a sufficiently long time (from 5 to 20 minutes), everything is ready!
Mandatory conditions when starting work with operating systems is a backup, a properly selected version of the firmware and installation of the system strictly according to the instructions.
Having bought a new device, the user begins to configure it “for himself”, and at the very beginning the question arises of installing a new theme. The theme is an integral part of the design of a mobile device on an android, by replacing it you can completely change the interface.
Nowadays, the use of widgets is very popular. These are special programs that provide acceleration and ease of use of the device. For example, you can move the clock, weather forecast, shortcuts to files and applications to the main screen, this makes the desktop more functional and saves the user a lot of time.
On the Android operating system, you can install and change a new theme in three ways:
- Download from Google Play. This can be done directly from the device or from a computer. For this:
- Go to Google Play.
- In the search bar, enter: “theme”.
- Choose your favorite topic.
- Click “Install.”
The advantages of this method is that it is very simple, and the minus is that most of the topics in Goggle Play are paid.
- Install the theme through a computer synchronization program. Themes are installed just like applications, for this you can use any program to synchronize with the application installation function.
In MyPhoneExplorer for this you need to click on the “Applications” button in the “Files” menu, then on the “Install” button. Select a theme file (with the extension.Apk), and then confirm the installation on the device.
The disadvantages of this method are:
- Need a computer at hand
- Installation of synchronizer required
- Use the AppsInstaller application. This is a program with which you can install applications on Android devices directly from its memory.
- Download to the device and install the AppsInstaller program.
- Copy the.Apk file to the device’s memory (it doesn’t matter to the internal memory or SD card).
- Launch AppsInstaller, the program will search for files with the desired extension in the device’s memory and display a list of them.
- Select the desired topic.
All these methods are available to the average user.
For more advanced ones, you can create your own themes.
- Get some ready-made theme for android.
- Decompile it, for example, using the APKTool application.
- Open the folder and find pictures in it. Edit them in a graphical editor or completely replace them with your own.
- Colors can be changed in XML.
- Compile (with the same program for APKTool themes).
- Name the application (ZipSinger or similar).
- Install the created theme in one of 3 ways.
In addition to various copyright screensavers, themes that mimic another operating system are also popular among users.
For example, Launcher 8 free for Android allows you to design your device in the style of Windows 8, while you can customize the colors yourself, as well as create desktop layouts using various shortcuts and widgets.
Than a hundred color schemes, animation, imitation of LED illumination and live gallery are available. Launcher is available for free download on Google Play.
You can download iOS 8 Launcher for free. This is an iPhone theme for android, i.E. The application will help to externally turn your smartphone on android into iPhone or iPad with iOs 8 operating system.
The launcher allows you to set up a nice home screen with convenient widgets and spectacular transformation, which will also immediately display system messages, set iOS-style lockscreen, choose the best of thousands of thematic icons and hundreds of desktop wallpapers. Over, the application weighs only 8 megabytes.
Not all people like monotony. In this regard, mobile phone manufacturers in the early 2000s provided the opportunity to install a new theme, which to some extent changed the firmware interface. Most actively this opportunity was used by owners of Nokia devices based on Series 40 and Series 60. Well, with the advent of the Android operating system, changing the theme has become both easier and more difficult at the same time.
Android in its purest form
Now there are a very large number of smartphones. Some of them operate under the control of “pure” Android. This is when the OS is not equipped with a proprietary shell. Other devices have Touchwiz or MIUI. Still others have at their disposal Flyme OS. A creation developed by forces Chinese company Meizu. In short, developers have no way to create themes that install on absolutely all shells. In this regard, the user has certain difficulties.
Fortunately, the theme replacement feature is present in some firmware by default. For example, it can be found in the menu Cyanogen os. In this case, everything is noticeably easier. The user only needs to go to the appropriate section, download the topic, the screenshots of which are liked, and then click the “To apply”. But, as mentioned above, by default this function is not present on all smartphones. Therefore, let’s talk about how to install a theme on Android in another way.
What changes the subject?
To begin with, why do we need a replacement topic. This feature allows you to some extent change the interface of the operating system. In particular, the following items usually change:
- Icons of many pre-installed and even some third-party applications; Appearance of the notification bar; Background on the desktop; Background in the menu (if any); Lock screen elements.
If your device does not support easy theme replacement, then you can change all these elements individually. For example, in Google play There are utilities to replace the lock screen. The background on the desktop is called wallpaper. In this case, you can put any of your pictures or select some of those that are in the application Wallpaper HD. In the same way, you can change the background on the lock screen. Do not change so simply just the appearance of the icons.
Themes on Google Play
In the Play Market, you can discover hundreds of diverse themes. To do this, just drive the word “theme“. All these are separate applications, so there is no point in installing many topics at once. Try the first one, if you don’t like it, uninstall the program and install the second one. I don’t like the second topic. Uninstall the application, install the third. Etc.
It should be remembered about the “motley” devices based on Android. Therefore, do not be surprised that some of the themes will not start on your smartphone, or it will not look as presentable as in the corresponding screenshots. Also, themes do not change the appearance of icons of less popular third-party applications.
Prompt: utility is preinstalled on more modern smartphones “Themes” with which you can also personalize your device.
Third party sources
Google Play has a lot of themes. But on third-party resources there are even more of them. If you drive in the search query “How to install a theme on Android?”, A huge number of banners will pop up advising you to install a theme from one or another site. In no case do not fall for the tricks of the developers! The fact is that you risk downloading a virus onto your smartphone. Such an application will affect performance, and will also start sending SMS to short numbers. Or the virus will regularly show you ads, which is also completely unacceptable.
You can take a chance only if a good antivirus is installed on your device. Then you simply cannot install the application if it is malicious. We advise you to familiarize yourself with our selection best antiviruses for Android. In it, you are sure to pick yourself the perfect fighter with unwanted software.
There are about 10-15 excellent, good and just good launchers. If you want to get acquainted with their functions, then follow the following link: “The best launchers for Android“. Here we briefly mention the six most popular launchers:
- GO Launcher EX (supports not only themes, but also various widgets); XOS Launcher (for those who want to make Android look like an iPhone); Niagara Launcher; Apex launcher (the design contains the motives of Android ICS); N Launcher Pro (paid launcher that makes the operating system interface similar to Android 7.0 Nougat). NOVA Launcher.
Installing the launcher is incredibly simple. It consists of the following actions:
Step 1. Find a suitable launcher on Google Play and click the “Install”. Used as an example Apex launcher.
Step 2 Click “To accept”If any permissions are requested before installation. This is true for older versions of the Android operating system.
Step 3 Wait for the download and installation to finish, and then return to the desktop. The system immediately prompts you to choose which launcher now needs to be used. Select the downloaded option (in this case, Apex Launcher).
Step 4 That’s all, you were able to install the launcher! Now you can proceed to the application settings, to its customization. In the case of Apex Launcher, two icons are used for this, located on the main desktop.
Step 5 Of course, settings icons can always be deleted. In the future, to customize the launcher, finger retention is used on a free area of the desktop. This will cause a pop-up menu to appear, with which you can configure the interface and perform some other actions.
On this installation launcher can be considered completed. It remains to configure the behavior of the program and download the appropriate theme. If, when switching to the desktop, the choice of launcher is again offered, then click the “Is always”.
Deep interface change
Theoretically, the Android operating system allows you to penetrate into its bowels even deeper. In particular, the TouchWiz interface developed by Samsung. Or put the MIUI proprietary shell. But for these actions, special knowledge is required in the structure of the mobile OS, therefore we will not describe them here. We only mention what is needed for this get root access, install custom firmware, as well as introduce a custom Recovery menu. In a word, this is a long and painstaking work, in connection with which we recommend that you limit yourself to a launcher.