How to connect a Sony soundbar to your TV
How best to position the soundbar
A soundbar is a soundbar in an oblong casing, which often comes with a subwoofer. This technique is produced by many leading manufacturers of audio and video equipment, but the most popular are devices from brands such as LG, Sony, Samsung, Philips, etc. The companies themselves recommend purchasing soundbars for their TVs as an alternative to their regular speakers, the sound of which often does not stand out for its quality.
For the soundbar to provide optimal audio reproduction, it must be installed correctly. The best solution is to hang it on the wall under the TV or place it on a stand in front of it or on a level below. Owners of fireplaces often place the soundbar on the mantelpiece.
When installed under the TV, the soundbar is approximately at the height of the viewer’s head, so the signal goes directly to the viewer. In addition, this arrangement makes the high frequencies of the sound appear more voluminous and brighter.
Connecting the soundbar to a TV receiver
Before installing the soundbar on the wall, you need to inspect the equipment and mark the location of the connectors for connecting the cable.
Advice! If the ports are inconveniently located and it will be difficult to connect a wire to them after hanging the soundbar, it is recommended to immediately insert the cable into the required inputs and only then continue working.
You can connect the soundbar to the TV panel using optical, coaxial or analog inputs, via the headphone jack, Ethernet or HDMI, and also wirelessly.
By analog connection
If you cannot use the above connection methods, the connection uses the analog audio input and output connectors. These are red and white plugs. You must purchase a 2RCA-2RCA cable (or 3RCA-3RCA, in which case the yellow plug remains unconnected) and color-matched AUDIO OUT on the TV and AUDIO IN on the soundbar.
Through the headphone jack
If the TV does not have an analog audio output, but there is a headphone jack, you can connect the equipment with a miniJack-2RCA cable. In this case, the first plug is connected to the headphone output on the TV panel, and the red and white tulips to the AUDIO IN input on the soundbar. The sound quality will be the same as with an analog connection.
All possible ways to connect the soundbar to your TV
The soundbar is the optimal solution for those cases when it is necessary to improve the sound quality of the TV receiver, but it is impossible to install a home theater because of the high cost or small size of the room. This device provides reproduction of clear and high-quality sound, but for its correct operation, you need to correctly install and connect the soundbar to the TV.
Another alternative is the analog connector. The problem with using an analog connector, that is, simple tulips, is that the resulting sound is far from the possibilities offered by the soundbar. That is, the potential of the system will not be fully used. Analog connectors are available in white and red RCA jacks. To connect the soundbar to your TV, you will need to use an RCA-mini Jack adapter.
Optical and coaxial input
They also actively use optical and coaxial input when connecting.
This option is relevant if there is no HDMI connector on the equipment. In the vast majority of cases, the connection can be made via an optical or coaxial input. This is due to the fact that the bulk of sound systems are equipped with them. By analogy, install game consoles to TVs.
To connect the new soundbar to the TV, you will need the optical or coaxial cable itself, which connects 2 devices. That is, the TV and the soundbar itself. Next, go to the audio settings of the TV, select the connected external device as the sound source. Sound control will be carried out through the interface of the soundbar itself. This is a conditional drawback, since when using the HDMI interface, remote control can be used through the corresponding TV remote control.
Here we are talking about a wireless connection using Bluetooth technology. This connection differs in that you do not need to use wires here. If we talk about modern models of soundbars, but most of them support this function. Audio signal can be transmitted from TV, smartphone, tablet and laptop.
To make a connection, you need to pair the receiver, that is, the soundbar, and the signal transmitter. But this task is not always easy to accomplish.
In order to simplify wireless connectivity, NFC technology has begun to be used for soundbars. That is, Near Field Communication. With its help, it is enough to bring the transmitter to the area on the soundbar case where there is a corresponding mark. That’s it, the connection is ready. This is true when playing audio through a tablet or smartphone. This technology is not used very often to connect the TV and the soundbar.
In fact, users have a need to connect two devices with a suitable cable, that is, a TV and a soundbar, and then make the settings. And then the settings are needed if the TV does not automatically detect the connected audio equipment.
Therefore, there is nothing fundamentally complicated here. Even if the TV does not automatically detect the soundbar as a sound playback device, just go to the TV settings and select the soundbar manually, choosing the soundbar as the default device.
Unlike a home theater system, connection and setup is greatly simplified here. This allows you not to attract third-party specialists and not spend additional money to pay for their services.
Possible connection problems
Before connecting the soundbar to the TV yourself, there are a few important things to consider:
- Basically, connecting audio equipment to TV does not cause any particular difficulties. But in some cases, there are sound problems caused by poor connection of the jack to the plug. Here the problem usually lies in the quality of the components themselves, or in a trite not fully inserted plug.
- Some more beginners break the sequence of the plug-in cords. than once, specialists who came to the rescue saw how the green plug for some reason was in the red socket, and the white plug in the black one. If you break the sequence, the system will simply be silent, and no sound will appear. Exactly until the plugs are inserted into their sockets in the soundbar.
- The cause of the disturbance in sound can sometimes lie not in hardware, but in software malfunctions. Basically, this is the experience of users connecting the soundbar to a computer. But software crashes on TV are not uncommon. Sometimes the problem is solved by a simple reboot, software update, or a complete flashing if the situation is serious.
- Sometimes the sound is muted if the electricity goes out. The next time you turn on the TV, the soundbar is silent. In this case, it is recommended to reboot the system, re-enter the settings. Sometimes the simplest procedure helps: the equipment is disconnected from the socket for 5-10 minutes and then turned on again. After that, the performance is restored.
Users rarely encounter such problems when connecting high-quality soundbars. But you should not exclude the possibility of their appearance.
Despite the fact that soundbars have appeared relatively recently, the range of such systems is already huge. It is offered by different manufacturers in different designs. There are more budget, advanced and premium models.
The soundbar features a compact, elongated body. This allows you to easily place it on a TV stand, just put it on the floor or hang it on the wall.
Equipment can be divided into 2 categories:
- Active soundbars. The most popular analogue for home theater speaker systems. These soundbars are used as independent audio systems. To connect, just connect the TV and panel outputs, and you’re done.
- Passive soundbars. These panels are sometimes described as 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 speakers. There is no built-in amplifier. Requires connection to theater receiver or external amplifier to play sound.
Objectively, it is the first option that is considered more preferable.
Before determining how best to connect the purchased soundbar to the TV, you need to understand what kind of device the user is dealing with.
There are several main types of soundbars:
- Monocolumn. Has a built-in subwoofer. A kind of active soundbars. Differs in compact size and affordable price. There are only the most basic functions that allow you to use the mono speaker as a television acoustic system. Mono speakers easily connect to TV, computers, laptops, smartphones, etc.
- Sound projector. They should be placed only on flat surfaces. A built-in subwoofer is also provided. The cone of the woofers is directed downward, allowing you to change the bass settings. Several functions are provided here at the same time. This is a receiver, amplifier and acoustics.
- Passive panels with separate subwoofer. This is a multi-channel sound system that can easily replace a serious home theater speaker. At the same time, the dimensions are quite compact, which allows you to minimize the occupied space. Such complexes create the most effective sound when watching a movie, forcing viewers to immerse themselves in what is happening on the screen. The connection is usually via Bluetooth or wires.
- Soundbase. It resembles a TV stand in shape. These are multichannel speaker devices, often come with a DVD player and other additional functions for Smart TV.
- Multifunctional panels. These are systems that have a separate subwoofer and multiple speakers. Communication between them is carried out via Bluetooth. Columns can be placed around the perimeter of the room.
Which of this variety to choose, each buyer must decide for himself. Buying a soundbar is not budgetary, but the investment is fully justified. All that remains is to connect.
How to Connect Soundbar to TV using HDMI ARC
To get the desired sound effect from the connected soundbar, you need to perform a competent installation, combine the TV and the soundbar with each other.
This can be done in several ways. The best way to connect a new soundbar to an existing TV depends largely on the capabilities of the equipment itself and the features of placement in the house.
- optical input;
- coaxial input;
- analog connector.
Now each option should be considered separately.
Objectively, the most correct choice would be to connect the soundbar to your TV using the HDMI interface. The thing is that through HDMI it is possible to achieve the maximum quality of sound and image. It is a modern and functional interface.
Before using this option, make sure that the equipment supports this HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) technology. This is necessary to ensure that the audio signal from the TV is output to the soundbar. After connecting the cable, in the audio settings on the TV, you will need to select the sound source through an external device. By default, the TV-integrated speakers are used as the audio source.
If the HDMI interface supports ARC technology, this will allow audio signals to be transmitted from all devices that connect to the TV. That is, listening will be carried out through the soundbar, and you can control the sound through the TV remote control.
It is also worth looking at the TV manual to determine how to convert multi-channel audio from DVD and Blu-ray systems. Sometimes the best solution is to directly connect the signal from these devices. After all, many modern TVs have 2 HDMI connectors at once. Alternatively, digital audio input is an alternative.
Objectively, HDMI connection is the best in terms of sound quality.
Instructions for self-connecting the soundbar to the TV
Soundbars are an excellent alternative to the massive speaker systems used in TVs to create a complete home theater experience. They are also actively used in combination with computers.
Soundbar can rightly be called a new and innovative product in the audio equipment segment. These are dedicated soundbars that are compact, feature rich and easy to use.
Despite the modest size of the device, the sound generated is almost in no way inferior to the speakers and subwoofer that form the speaker system.
To use the soundbar to its full potential, it must be properly connected to your TV.
There are several options for how you can connect the soundbar to an LG TV or TV from another manufacturer. It all depends on the specific TV model and on the audio panel used.
In general terms, you can connect the soundbar to a modern TV from Samsung in about the same way as in the case of Xiaomi, Sony (Sony) or Philips (Philips) TVs. The meaning is the same everywhere. The two devices are connected to each other with a cable, after which, as necessary, the connection is configured. The settings menu interface may have different designs, but the set of options, sections and features is almost identical everywhere.
It turns out that connecting a soundbar to your Xiaomi TV is no more difficult than to a TV from LG or Samsung.
It is also important to correctly configure the connected soundbar to your own TV brand Samsung, Philips, Sony, etc. To do this, press the button on the remote control to enter Settings, select the Audio section, and there you already define the playback source, change a few basic parameters.
For the connection to be successful and functional, there are a few helpful tips to follow:
- When choosing a device, you must first make sure that it is compatible with your TV. To do this, take a look at the available installation and connection options, offered functionality and interface.
- It is recommended to buy only those soundbars that are trusted and in demand in the market. And these are products from leading manufacturers. A prerequisite is the availability of a guarantee.
- Connection is made only when the equipment is disconnected. Power should be supplied to the TV and soundbar only when everything is connected and ready to work.
- Do not under any circumstances try to damage the integrity of the soundbar case. This can lead to unpredictable consequences. Most often to the rather sad.
There should be no particular difficulties with connecting a modern soundbar to a TV, if they are compatible, there are all the necessary components to connect two devices. Beforehand, you should carefully study the manufacturer’s instructions and use it as a basic guide for performing installation, connection and settings.
How to connect and set up a soundbar [translation]
Nowadays, those who want to improve the sound of their TV are increasingly choosing soundbars. They are compact, virtually wiredless, and easier to set up than full-size home theater systems. However, soundbars are suitable not only for scoring TV programs: additional devices can be connected to different models that can expand the functionality of the soundbar. Here are some tips for purchasing and setting up soundbars.
What to choose: soundbar or audio TV stand?
Another version of the soundbar is a TV stand. Her speakers and connection options are classic soundbar, but the size (depth and width) allows you to install a TV directly on its top panel.
These stands work well with TVs that have one foot in the center. That is, for example, it is not a fact that TVs with legs located at the edges will be able to fit on such a stand: the legs may be too wide apart, and the stand may be too narrow.
In addition, the height of such a stand can be greater than the distance from the shelf on which the TV stands to its frame. These factors need to be considered if TV stands are more popular with classic soundbars.
Depending on the brand, such devices are called differently: audio console, sound platform, sound stand, and so on.
Soundbars with surround sound system
There are also some soundbars that come with a subwoofer and satellites for surround sound. In these systems, the subwoofers are wireless, but the satellites are attached to the subwoofer with cables.
The soundbar is responsible for the front channels. left, center and right, but sends bass and surround channels to the subwoofer. The subwoofer redirects the signal to the satellites, and itself hums with bass.
In such a situation, there are no wires that stretch from the TV to the rear channels, but the satellites still need to be connected to the subwoofer, and the subwoofer, for this reason, should be located in the back of the room.
Heos Bar multi-room soundbar paired with Heos Subwoofer, complemented by Heos 1 speakers
On the other hand, some soundbars, for example, the Sonos Playbar and the Polk Audio SB1 Plus, allow you to connect a pair of wireless speakers to them, which do not need to be connected to a subwoofer with a cable. but you should still plug them in. This solution is more expensive, but more convenient.
If the soundbar being tuned can work with surround speakers, then it is best to place them behind the listening point, offset from the center of degrees by 10-20. Also, the satellites should be moved a couple of inches away from the corners of the room and side walls. The subwoofer to which they may need to be connected should be moved along the back wall to find a location where it produces deep yet clear bass.
After everything is connected, it is necessary to equalize the volume not only of the subwoofer, but also of the satellites. so that they do not clog the soundbar, but also do not get lost. You need to see if there are buttons on the remote to control the volume of specifically satellites. After synchronization, you can control the volume using the main knob without the need for adjustment, if there is one, of course.
If the TV is on a sideboard, counter, rack, table or chest of drawers, then the soundbar can simply be placed directly in front of it. It is necessary, however, to measure the distance from the surface of the stand to the screen and check if the soundbar will fit in this gap and will not obstruct the image. But this arrangement is ideal. the sound will come almost “out of the picture”.
If you want to install the soundbar inside the rack, then it should be pushed as far forward as possible so that the side walls of the rack do not interfere with the sound. It should also be borne in mind that soundbars that support Dolby Atmos and DTS: X should not be placed inside racks. as they work with sound bounced off the ceiling to create vertical audio effects.
It is better not to cover the front and side panels of the soundbar with anything or obstruct the sound propagation. Although the photo is shown differently
Sony | How to Connect Your Sony ST-5000 Soundbar & TV and Set Listening Distances
If the TV is hanging on the wall, then the soundbar can also be screwed under it. many models are equipped with wall mounts. It can be placed both under the TV and above it, but from below it is still better, since the height of the sound source is about the same as that of the listeners, and this option looks, in our opinion, prettier. Soundbars are often supplied with mounts and / or paper templates, which will allow you to easily mark the wall for the holes for the screws.
Bluesound Pulse Soundbar can even be attached to a TV stand
If there are no mounts included with the soundbar, you should refer to the user manual and see if it can, in principle, be hung on the wall, and what the manufacturer recommends to purchase for this.
Setting up soundbars with a subwoofer
If your soundbar comes with a subwoofer, you need to find a suitable place for it. You need to place it, firstly, conveniently (that is, next to the outlet), and secondly, so that it sounds.
The sub, standing in the right place (where it booms best), needs to be synchronized with the soundbar. A correctly positioned subwoofer should sound at the same volume as the soundbar.
Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar and AcoustiMass 300 Subwoofer with Virtually Invisible 300 Wireless Speakers
First, you should check if the soundbar remote control has buttons for controlling the volume of the soundbar and the subwoofer separately. If so, it will be much easier to sync devices. You also need to see if the soundbar has a master volume control. It will allow you to simultaneously adjust the volume of the soundbar and subwoofer, maintaining balance, and you do not have to synchronize the volume levels of devices every time.
How to connect a Sony soundbar to your TV
What is a soundbar? There are separate articles with a detailed description of the features of the device and the operation of these speakers. In short, the soundbar is a compact loudspeaker that is installed under the TV screen, or fixed under / above the screen when wall mounting the TV. The soundbar is designed to replace the built-in speaker system of flat panel TVs and can significantly improve the sound reproduction of received TV programs, as well as films and games. Soundbars are often sold complete with a compact, wireless subwoofer. If you take into account all the functions of modern soundbars. This is something like a miniature receiver with built-in speakers that allows you to create an entry-level home theater. New for this year is a new type of soundbar designed in the form of TV stands.
Click on the picture to enlarge it
HDMI Connection The best option for connecting the soundbar to your TV or other devices is to use the HDMI interface. Obviously there are one or more HDMI connectors on the soundbar for this. Usually there is one HDMI output for connection to a TV, and multiple HDMI inputs can be used to connect peripheral devices as audio and video sources. Make sure your TV and soundbar support the Audio Return Channel (HDMI ARC) function. )). This is so that, using HDMI ARC, the dedicated audio signal from the TV is passed back to the soundbar for playback. Both the TV and the soundbar must support this feature. Then the sound from both analog TV channels and other sources connected to the TV through the HDMI cable will be sent to the soundbar for playback.
There are also limitations in this case. Not every TV can transmit multichannel audio to another device via the Audio Return Channel. Some TVs provide the maximum stereo audio format (two channels), while other TVs can also support 5.1 channel Dolby Digital. When your soundbar is designed for 5.1 channel sound and the TV does not support audio return, you will not get multi-channel sound from the soundbar.
Click on the picture to enlarge it
Many soundbars today have multiple HDMI inputs at once. This allows signal sources to be connected directly to the soundbar if required. If the soundbar has multiple inputs and one HDMI output, then the video signal from the connected sources is automatically redirected to the TV. In short, connect your devices, such as a Blu-ray player and game console, to a soundbar that will best process the audio signal and deliver the video for display on your TV screen. Soundbar allows you to switch between connected sources.
Optical or coaxial connection
Click on the picture to enlarge it
If you cannot connect via HDMI because the soundbar or other device does not support this user-friendly interface, you can use the digital audio interface. Most soundbars are equipped with a digital optical (Toslink) interface, and some soundbars use a digital coaxial input. Both connectors serve the same purpose.
You can connect a TV, game console, Blu-ray player and other devices with the corresponding output to the optical or coaxial input of the soundbar. The advantage of connecting a TV via such an interface is that it supports 5.1-channel sound (Dolby Digital or DTS). All audio / video sources are connected directly to the TV (TV tuner, Smart TV platform, video streaming, etc.) then the audio signal is transmitted via an optical or coaxial interface to the soundbar. Other audio devices may similarly connect directly to your soundbar, but note that the optical and digital coaxial inputs do not support HD (high definition) audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream.
Analog interface If it is not possible to use a digital format using HDMI, optical or coaxial input, then, as a rule, it is still possible to use the analog inputs of the TV and the devices connected to it. There are analog inputs on your soundbar too, with the familiar red / white RCA connectors. This is not the best solution in terms of quality, and only allows you to get stereo sound, but it’s better than nothing.
If you want to get the most out of your TV’s audio channel (Blu-ray player, game console), take a look at the soundbar connection options.
Dear visitor, you entered the site as an unregistered user. We recommend that you register or enter the site under your own name.
Leaving Комментарии и мнения владельцев is possible only 10 days after registration.
You can place the soundbar next to the TV. put it on a cabinet or hang it on the wall. In addition, if the room has a fireplace, then it can be placed on the mantelpiece. The main thing to consider is the distance between TV equipment and soundbar. it should not be too great.
It is worth immediately determining the need to connect additional speakers in order to allocate space for them.
This method should be considered as an alternative in the absence of other possibilities, since the sound will not be multi-channel, which means you should not rely on its high quality. Analog connectors are made in the form of RCA jacks in red and white colors.
The only caveat is that you can only connect the soundbar to the TV through an adapter from RCA to mini-jack. This is explained by the jack in the soundbars. the diameter of the standard jack is 3.5 mm.
Front of the TV
The sound system can be placed on a cabinet or shelf near the TV. This option is the simplest, and due to this arrangement, the sound will come directly from the picture. This method is ideal for owners of small TV-devices, next to which the panel will fit freely. When doing this, make sure that it does not obstruct the screen.
Optical or coaxial input
If the technology does not have HDMI connectors, then you can connect the soundbar to the TV through a digital audio interface. The majority of sound systems have optical and coaxial inputs. In addition, with a cable through these interfaces, you can also connect a game console.
Here, after connecting the power cords in the TV settings, you need to perform the same actions as in the previous version.
The main advantage of this method is support for 5.1-channel sound. When any possible audio sources are connected to the TV, the audio signal is transmitted through the specified interface to the soundbar. But it is worth considering the negative point, which is associated with the lack of support for the HD format.
There are several ways to connect the sound system to your TV, depending on the type of panel you select. wired via HDMI, analog, coaxial or optical input, or wirelessly via Bluetooth.
Basic Soundbar to TV Connections
Looking at the connector panel, you can see the optical, coaxial, analog inputs. The most suitable option for connection is the digital method. Of course, if your TV is incapable of implementing this method, then you can arm yourself with an analog connection.
With both possibilities, you can choose the procedure of your preference. In the future, it is worth doing a little check. To do this, it is advisable to go to the parameters and turn off the built-in acoustics. Thus, you can make sure that the TV is able to send a signal to a neighboring device.
What cable to connect the soundbar to the TV
The location of the holes itself may differ directly depending on the model of the device. Regardless, there are several embodiments to properly connect in operability. If you want to use the HDMI port in practice, then it is recommended to adhere to the following sequence of actions:
- Beforehand, it makes sense to make sure that there is support for the return audio channel of both the TV itself and the soundbar. This need is due to the fact that when the signal is reproduced, the result is a sound.
- After that, it is worthwhile to understand that there may be several types of entrance. Therefore, it is enough just to connect the sources to the soundbar, that is, connect one end of the wire to the corresponding connector, and the other to the TV.
- Next, activate the function in the construction menu.
REFERENCE! It is best to consult with a professional, as settings may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
In this case, the soundbar will directly transmit the unchanged video signal. For audio streaming, automatic processing will take place. However, in the absence of the possibility of implementing the above method, you will have to neglect the use of the optical input. But in this aspect, it is important to take into account some specifics:
- Your unit can be equipped with either a coaxial port or a Toslink. Although they both serve the same purpose.
- All signal sources are fixed directly to the TV, after which the audio is transmitted through the corresponding input to the soundbar.
ATTENTION! It is important to consider the fact that this tool is not capable of maintaining high quality. This category includes Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD.
Another option is the Ethernet port. Soundbars equipped with one can connect to your home network. And most often they have built-in wi-fi. This means that you do not need to use different wires, which implies providing convenience.
Connecting the soundbar to a TV
Over time, manufacturers provide users with more and more different options. Thus, from now on, you can connect the soundbar to your TV. However, it is necessary to know certain features in the process. Therefore, in this article we will consider the most common options, as well as find out the types of cables that can be used in the procedure.
In addition, some aspects should be taken into account when choosing the interaction of the two structures:
How to connect a soundbar to a TV
The easiest way to connect the soundbar is via a digital optical or coaxial cable. In the absence of such connectors, you should use an analog stereo cable. But you shouldn’t expect high-quality sound.
When the device is connected, you need to check for a signal
If there is no sound, then you need to turn off the built-in acoustics through the settings of the TV receiver, and assign the sound output to an external device.
Comment! It happens that you need to choose the type of signal. digital or analog.
Thanks to the Bluetooth connection, there is no need to use wires. Almost all modern models support such a connection. The audio signal can be transmitted from TV, and from a mobile device, and from a tablet, laptop.
If a wireless connection causes some difficulties for the user, then you should use NFC technology.
Soundbar connection features
When connecting devices, you should pay attention to the following nuances:
- In most cases, the process of connecting the soundbar to a TV or computer is carried out without any particular difficulties. But sometimes users are faced with such a nuisance as poorly installed plugs in the jacks. The hum that comes from the speakers will indicate this nuance. This is due to the impossibility of high-quality passage of the sound signal due to the poor fit of the plug to the inside of the socket.
- Another nuisance that can happen when connecting a soundbar is a violation of the sequence in the process of connecting wires, for example, green to pink. Often this occurs either due to carelessness or in a hurry. There will be no unpleasant signals, on the contrary, the device will be “silent”. To remedy this situation, it is necessary to double-check whether the wires match the colors, whether the plug fits well into the socket.
- As a rule, a soundbar connected to a TV or computer is able to function normally for a long time. But when the operating system crashes, the sound disappears. To resume the soundbar, you need to reboot the system. Thanks to this technique, it will be possible to identify whether there is a reason in the hardware part or not.
- The sound may also disappear when the power goes out. To reboot the system with operating parameters, you must first turn it off, and then turn it on after a while (5-10 minutes).
How to connect a soundbar
To get a positive result at the output, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself in more detail with the features of connecting the soundbar to a TV, computer. The process itself is pretty simple.
How to connect the soundbar to a computer
The first step is to turn on the soundbar by pressing the power button. Then switch to pairing mode, open the “Action Center” and turn on Bluetooth.
When the system finds the soundbar, it will connect to the computer
Among the main recommendations regarding the soundbar are:
- When choosing a device, you should take into account the features of installation, connection, the availability of functions, the convenience of the interface.
- It is worth purchasing soundbars from trusted manufacturers, with a guarantee and high sound quality.
- Before connecting, the device must be turned off, de-energized.
- It is not recommended to make any manipulations with the equipment case.
How to connect a soundbar with your own hands, shown in
This method involves first checking the support of the selected equipment for the audio return channel technology. HDMI ARC. Audio Return Channel. This is necessary to output the audio signal to the soundbar. As soon as the cable is connected, it is necessary in the TV audio settings to determine the sound supply through an external device, and not the existing built-in speakers.
The advantage of this method is that the volume control process is carried out remotely, via the TV remote control.
Types of soundbars
There is a huge range of systems from various brands on the market. Each monaural speaker has full-range speakers. Thanks to the original, elongated body, it is quite easy to place the soundbar in the room. The device can be attached to the wall under the TV by using the special holder.
Active panels, unlike passive ones, can be connected directly to a television receiver. It is worth considering that the latter require the presence of a receiver for communication with the screen, which is included in the set of an audio system of this type.
Depending on the functional features, soundbars are in the form:
- Mono speakers equipped with a built-in subwoofer. Such active devices stand out for their inexpensive cost. The audio system provides only the most necessary functions for operation; they use it to replace the acoustics in the TV. The advantage of such a device is the ability to connect to a computer, mobile phone, laptop.
- Sound projector. It can be installed exclusively on a flat surface. It also houses a built-in subwoofer. The downward-facing cone of the woofers allows for bass correction. They choose such an audio console for the presence of several functions: a receiver, a speaker system and an amplifier.
- Passive soundbar with separate subwoofer. This soundbar option is an excellent replacement for a home theater, it has multichannel sound. In addition, the compactness of the device does not take up a lot of free space. The soundbar is appreciated for the presence of effects that make each movie viewing interesting and mesmerizing. The room creates a feeling of everything that happens in reality. You can connect the device either using the Bluetooth function or wires.
- Soundbase. Its body is shaped like a TV stand. These models have multi-channel acoustics, a DVD player, a whole list of additional functions for watching Smart TV, connecting mobile devices.
- Multifunctional soundbar. The speaker system is equipped with a separate subwoofer and several auxiliary speakers. They can be placed throughout the room. The device communicates with the speakers through a Bluetooth connection.
Among the most popular devices are: