Xiaomi Mi 9 What Glass
With the advent of smartphones with 2.5D screens on the market, accessory manufacturers faced a serious challenge. how to make glass that will cover the entire screen? The previous experience in the manufacture of glass for flat screens did not suit much here. the glass is flat, and now the screen has become essentially convex. As a result, 2 types of glasses appeared: full-size. covering the entire screen and not full-size. respectively, not on the whole screen. The differences between them are significant. both visually and in terms of gluing. Below we will consider these differences, as well as discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
5D full-size color glass for 2.5D screens
3D full-size color glass for 2.5D screens
- close the whole screen. as the name implies, full-sized 3D glass covers the entire screen area;
- simplified gluing not the entire surface. 3D glass is glued only on a colored border due to a thin double-sided adhesive layer (does not leave marks on the screen, as well as the silicone layer);
- easy to re-stick in case of error. if you made a mistake when positioning the glass on the phone, it can be carefully removed and re-glued as needed;
- glass has touch points. on the glass for 2.5D screens there is a special pixel grid designed to better transmit touches from the glass to the screen;
- incompatible with covers with high sides. some of the cases for smartphones with 2.5D screens have special high sides that are designed to further protect the 2.5D screen from damage. Accordingly, these sides go directly to the screen and if a full-sized tread is glued, they will “undermine” it. But again, there are no problems. we specially selected covers designed for this type of glass.
2D not full-size glass for 2.5D screens
- do not close the entire screen. as the name implies, not full-sized glasses cover almost the entire screen, but leave gaps at the edges
All three types of protective glasses provide sufficient screen protection. but the choice is always up to the buyer, since each of the options has a different appearance and its own installation features.