Xiaomi AirDots how to distinguish a fake from the original
The instructions in the fake box look like they’ve been copied many times. The image and the font are bold, the letters are dancing, the paper and print quality is terrible.
In the original instruction, thin print, quality printing and paper.
The fake case is made of low-quality matte plastic. The lid of the fake case does not open completely, not 90 degrees, and it is inconvenient to get the headphones out of it.
The charging contacts of the fake case are very high.
In the original, the charging contacts protrude slightly. Original earbuds won’t fit in fake case.
The inscriptions on the lower part of the original case are very faint, over time they become completely invisible. The fake case has a completely different font and is printed more clearly.
The counterfeit copy does not have transparent round factory seals, as on the original box.
The original button is matte and edged with a glossy bevel. Fake button completely matte, no glossy bevel.
Fake earmuffs have distinct seams at the joints of the two halves.
On the original headphones, the joint is almost invisible.
On fake headphones, the letters R and L are convex, you can feel them with your finger. The original uses engraving.
The font that says Redmi AirDots is fatter on the original box and slightly larger than a fake copy.
Let’s talk about how to distinguish the original Bluetooth headphones Redmi AirDots from a fake.
The fake box is a little paler than the original. The image of the device itself on the fake box is different from the original.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.|
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Taking out the headphones, it is even easier to identify a fake, because the differences are visible immediately: the copy is equipped with dim LEDs, and is made roughly. The joints are rough, the ear pads are hard, the “R” and “L” markings are convex to the touch.
Wireless AirDots are made of high quality, dense plastic. If you bend the soft rubber of the earphone, you can see a code that is present only on original products.
It is easy to distinguish a fake from the original by the build quality: no gaps, irregularities and non-abutting parts.
Another difference between real Redmi. glossy plastic alternates with matte, while the replica is made only of matte.
The copy is inferior in terms of functionality: instead of 4 hours of battery life, it demonstrates no more than 1-2.
To distinguish fake Redmi AirDots from the original, pay attention to the brightness of the packaging of the original headset. The colors of the original are saturated, the details are well printed, there is a glossy ornament on the front side. There is a well-cut label on the top of the box, easy to remove.
Let’s turn over the packaging. The original has factory seals. The date of manufacture is printed clearly and large, and the font of the date differs from other inscriptions near the barcode.
But to distinguish the original Xiaomi AirDots, it is not enough to check the packaging: some manufacturers use high-quality boxes, the appearance of which is as close as possible to real Air products from Redmi.
A transparent film with information in Chinese is neatly glued to the front side of the case. Clear print, image is not mirrored.
Taking in hand a real case from the original Xiaomi headphones, you will “feel” the quality. The plastic is dense and heavy, there are no uneven joints, the USB connector is mounted exactly. Fake AirDots weighs less, is made from low-quality raw materials, and is not neatly assembled.
The lid features a glossy brand logo.
Note! The very first versions came with the “Mi” logo on the lid, but today they are only released with the “Redmi” logo.
Original AirDots lid flips exactly 90 degrees.
There is a magnet that prevents the case from opening unintentionally. There are replicas with a poorly opening, jammed lid.
The analog has larger and thicker charging contacts than the original. Modules are set deep.
Flip the case: the information on the back is printed brightly.
Take the time to check the instructions. a branded booklet of 9 sheets. The paper is glossy, the brand logo is always present. The USB cable must not be included.
Redmi AirDots: how to distinguish from a fake?
Deep bass, clear and clear sound, fast synchronization with the device. it’s all about the AirDots wireless headphones from the Chinese giant Xiaomi.
A relatively inexpensive headset quickly became a bestseller, and therefore it is not difficult to run into fake Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones: both high-quality replicas and handicraft headphones are sold on large online sites.
The packaging must have standard seals. The fact that the original is in front of you is indicated by the bright color and font, the overflow of the image and the glossy shine in the light. The clarity and the correct spelling of the font are also important. SKU number will also allow you to check.
The original AirDots case does not include a charging cable. Here are the headphones themselves, replaceable ear pads. 3 pairs, instruction manual.
Features of the housing device
The quality of the plastic from which the body is made. average. The microUSB connector for charging is located on the back of the case. When connected to the mains, the indicator light on the front will light up.
The design of the case is thought out as much as possible. to remove the headphones, the cover opens at an angle of 90⁰ The headphones are located in jacks with connectors that provide charging. Each of them is equipped with a work indicator. depending on the state, it can be white or red.
A mechanical key located on the capsule-shaped earpiece provides the user with the ability to start and stop tracks. Calls can be answered by pressing a button. By double-clicking on the button, you can use the help of the voice assistant. On the back there are left and right ear markings, two contacts for charging.
Features of the accessory
The earbuds can work in standalone mode for about 4 hours. You can charge them until fully charged from the case 4 times.
To get started, you need to pair the accessory with your smartphone via Bluetooth. In this case, in the settings of the smartphone, you should select the connection of the right earphone, the second one will be connected automatically.
AirDots are comfortable to use, just like the next model Redmi AirDots 2. The sound quality of the headphones is quite high.
Fake models are significantly inferior in their characteristics to the original. By being extremely careful when purchasing AirDots, you will receive an accessory that fully complies with the declared characteristics, without overpaying for a fake. Cooperation with Posrednik China guarantees the purchase of original headphones at affordable prices.
Redmi AirDots 3 Pro headset finally presented officially
Xiaomi Mi Band 6. full screen
Redmi Note 10.Three modifications of the new bestseller
AirDots 3 from Redmi. the main characteristics of the expected new items
Main office. China, Guangdong Province, Shenzhen: 深圳 市 福田 区 华强 北 赛格 广场 52 楼 5211A
How to identify a fake in the Xiaomi Mi Redmi AirDots headphones, a detailed comparison of the original and the copy
If the headphones have at least one of the listed signs. be sure this is a copy
1) One of the most obvious signs: The engraving L and R on the headphones has sloppy convex pressing, in the original the designations L and R are applied no bumps in a neat glossy circle:
2) The presence of a serial number does not guarantee originality. There are two types of fakes, some have no number at all, others have it striking large font bright white. The original has the serial number in a translucent gray color, barely noticeable in small print.
3) In the original, the buttons have a glossy, shiny outline along the contour. Also, there are no holes for LEDs on the buttons, the button is completely smooth.
4) The charging case for most fakes does not open at 90 ° but stops at about 70 ° It can also be noted that the fake lid opens with jerks, the original has a smooth and jerky movement.
5) The original charging case does not have indicators and displays showing the percentage of charge, and there are no L and R markings on the case
6) In some fakes, when connected, both headphones are named Redmi Air Dots_R, while in the original each of the headphones is named according to its side: Redmi AirDots_R. Right Redmi Air Dots _L. Left
7) For a counterfeit sound indication, which is played when headphones are connected, sounds with extraneous noise, as if recorded on a dictaphone
8) In addition to the above obvious signs indicating a fake, there are others that will appear only during the use of low-quality headphones, namely:
- Poor sound quality
- Different headphone volume
- Frequent loss of connection between phone and headphones
- Fast discharge
- Arbitrary disconnection of headphones from the case while charging
You can buy original Xiaomi AirDots on our website:
How to distinguish AirDots original from a fake
You are heading in the right direction if AirDots decided to find information about fakes before purchasing headphones. Since many users now do not even know that they are using a fake instead of a device from Xiaomi. Even the packaging of the headphones does not look different from the fake ones.
The first difference from the original is the front graphic element of the package. If you have the opportunity to compare them, then on the original the blue belt will be higher.
And also on a fake, the drawing itself will be paler. In the original, the front part is a bright black color of the headphones.
The same signs can be found in the typeface. which has the name of the headphones. On the original, it is a little fatter and sharper. The next way to distinguish genuine AirDots from fake ones is with round translucent seals or stickers on the packaging.
Another important feature. If you bought headphones that were made after July 2019, the case cover will not be engraved with Mi, as in the first versions, but the Redmi logo. They still make Mi on fakes.
|Pay attention to the instructions that come with the headphones.||In fake Redmi headphones, it will literally look bad: the letters are vague, the text is printed crookedly, the paint fades in places or disappears altogether. In the original, the instructions are written neatly, as they should be.|
|Fake can be quickly identified by its lid.||In the original, it opens 90 degrees. Because of which we get full access to the headphones. In a fake, it is not fully revealed. And we can’t get them out of the case as comfortably.|
|Look at the niches that house the AirDots headphones.||The contacts for charging them in a fake case protrude strongly outward when in the original they barely come out of the holes.|
|Try to put headphones from one case in another.||If they do not fit or fit, but with great difficulty. some of them were not made by Xiaomi.|
AirDots wireless earbuds review
Chinese mobile accessory makers Xiaomi hoped to simply make a device similar to Apple’s. Airpods. But in reality it turned out to be not so simple. The first version of the headphones could not work stably. They refused to work synchronously, or did not connect to the smartphone at all (read this article if you faced the same problem). To date, several updates have already been released and the necessary improvements have been made. The device can already be called full-fledged and recommended for purchase.
The set of Redmi AirDots includes an original case or cover made of plastic that is pleasant to the touch. It is possible to choose several colors. Inside the case, the wireless headphones themselves are tightly and compactly located. Each of them is equipped with a red indicator that displays the current connection mode or their status. The package must also contain a USB cable. which the case is connected to the power source.
In general, headphones from the Chinese company Xiaomi are a good choice among similar budget devices, as opposed to fakes. The sound is powerful enough, the volume control smoothly decreases or increases the sound level, without any sudden jumps. For Airpods users, the lack of a touchpad on the earbuds may seem a little odd. Instead, a button is placed on the entire area. Pressing it turns on calls on the phone or pauses the music player.
Other differences from the original AirDots
The differences between fake and real headphones from the Chinese manufacturer Redmi do not end there. The original AirDots at the bottom of the case have faint text describing the characteristics of the device. Forged, this text is printed in bright white ink.
If you pick up the headphones themselves, you can distinguish real from fake AirDots by the clear seams that surround them. In the original, the seams are practically not felt to the touch, although they are noticeable.
The letters L and R stand for left and right. They are also sloppy on fake headphones. The branded letters are engraved and look decent. The button on the earpiece is matte, with a shiny bevel around it. On a fake device, the button is all matte, without any additional elements.
Thus, we have analyzed all the signs that will help you distinguish the genuine original AirDots from an outright fake. We hope our tips will help you make the right choice.
Checking by IMEI
Visual check, of course, is effective, but to be 100% sure of the originality of the purchase is possible only if you “punch” it by IMEI. To do this, do the following:
- Log in from your computer or smartphone to the official Apple website.
- Go down to the section “Verify eligibility for service and support”.
- Open the charging case. you will see the necessary numbers on the back of the lid.
- Enter a sequence of characters in the “serial number” field.
- How To Distinguish Replica Airpods? If you have a fake in front of you, the system will determine the combination as an invalid number.
Sometimes the headphones are located by IMEI, but at the same time they are marked as already activated. Is there a deception here? If you do not purchase Airpods from an official supplier, for a lower price, they most likely get them from Hong Kong. To take the equipment out of there without additional taxes, sellers are forced to activate the headphones before sending them abroad. Of course, not manually, but with the help of special programs, which is why the packaging remains intact.
This is where the difficulty of how to distinguish the original Airpods Pro comes in. Therefore, the question of trust is important: if you trust the seller, you can purchase these activated originals from him at a more “tasty” price.
How to distinguish Airpods from a fake?
Airpods are high quality, reliable, comfortable, miniature and functional wireless headphones. It is not surprising that they have so many excellent copies and forgeries that the uninitiated person will not be able to immediately recognize. But how do you tell Airpods apart? There are several characteristics at once that will allow you to immediately see a fake:
EASILY SPOT FAKE REDMI AIRDOTS!
Pairing original Airpods with your phone
You have Airpods 2. How to distinguish the original? Pair your airpods with your phone and continue checking:
- iPhone immediately “sees” the originals: a special appears on the screen. menu for the first connection.
- Tap the earbuds twice with your finger. On the original, this way you will call Siri by default.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone. How to distinguish original Airpods 2 from fake? If you have a branded headset in front of you, you can change the double-tap assignment for it: for example, from “Siri” to pause, switch to the next track.
- For example, you have Airpods pro. How to distinguish the original? Open the Bluetooth menu in Settings with your headphones already connected. Click on the icon next to the name of the airpods. In the next window, you will see their serial code, model number, firmware version. All these data must match those indicated on the box.
- When synchronizing with the phone, you will notice the Airpods inscription in the pop-up menu, and not another name or a sequence of letters and numbers.
The appearance of the original Airpods headphones
How to distinguish Airpods from fake? First of all, of course, it is worth examining the “ears” themselves:
- Speaker. Study the grille carefully. it should be thin, metal and not recessed into the case. Through such a grill, the headset speakers are perfectly visible. In fakes, the lattices are denser.
- Materials. A real earphone from Apple seems to be monolithic. the body elements are so perfectly matched to each other. Metal elements, unlike non-original ones, will be well polished here.
- Sensors. The surest way to detect a fake is to compare the headphones with the photos of the original ones. On fakes, either there will be no necessary sensors, or a resourceful inventor is trying to disguise their absence as an additional speaker.
- Inscriptions. How to distinguish the original Airpods here? On the left “ear” there will be a mark L, on the right. R. Under these marks you will see the marking of the device model.
- Bundle with the phone. As soon as you connect real Airpods to the gadget, you will hear a sound that will sharply remind you of Windows notifications. The Chinese use different sounds for their devices.
- Colour. The original headphones are exclusively white. One moment. after purchase, they can be repainted by intermediaries. But if you see exactly colored plastic in front of you, it’s definitely not Airpods.
- Coating. The originals are made of glossy plastic that does not slip in your hands. A fake will “wash”, you can tactilely feel the roughness on its surface.
- Dimensions. Earphone parameters: 16.5 x 18 x 40.5 mm.
How to distinguish the original Airpods differently? Do not be lazy to check these inscriptions on the airpods themselves:
- А1523. right, 1st series.
- А1722. left, 1st series.
- А2032. right, 2nd series.
- А2031. left, 2nd series.
- A2084. right Pro.
- A2084. left Pro.
Charging case of original Airpods
How to distinguish Airpods 2 from a fake? We continue to figure out what is the difference between original airpods and fake ones:
- Back of the charging case. Examine the setting button carefully. On the original, it seems to be poured into the body, and on a fake it will protrude somewhat above the surface. Most likely, the original will have the familiar inscription: “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China “.
- Opening / closing the lid. We continue to analyze how to distinguish original Airpods from a fake. If you have an original version in front of you, the lid will open smoothly. But on fakes it is abrupt, unexpected. Sometimes even force is required, since a powerful magnet is installed.
- The reverse side of the cap. Here you will find information about the device model and serial number. The latter must match the serial number shown on the box.
- Indicator location. If in front of you Airpods of the first series, the blinking dot will be under the cover, between the headphones, and if the second series. on the front side of the case.
- Colour. The shade of the original is milky white. A fake can be snow-white, like veneers, or goes into yellowness.
- Click. When you close the original cover, a low, muffled sound is heard. In the case of a fake. sharp, sonorous.
- Dimensions. Charging box parameters: 44.3 x 21.3 x 53.5 mm.
How to distinguish Airpods Pro from a fake? Pay attention to the model name for the original case:
- A1602. to the first generation headphones.
- А1938. to the second generation headphones.
- A2190. for Pro headphones.
How to distinguish fake Airpods from the original yet? Now it’s time to check the cardboard box:
- Apple always uses high-quality and thick cardboard for packaging all its devices.
- Place your finger on the headphone images on the box. If it is original, then the drawing will be convex, not flat.
- How to distinguish the original Airpods 2? There are 2-3 peelable stickers on the package (depending on the country of delivery), which contain information: data on support by operating systems, place of manufacture, serial code.
- Pay attention to how the contents are stacked: “Apple” puts the instructions on top, and puts the headphones in the case below, in a special tray. At the bottom you will find a cable for charging the case.
Apple-branded lettering and fonts
We continue to figure out how to distinguish a copy of Airpods. Many of us pay attention to the inscriptions and fonts on purchase in the last place, which is completely in vain. because it is sometimes that they allow us to quickly identify an unoriginal typeface. On the original devices, the charging case, in the instructions itself, the corporate font is pale gray, and the letters are somewhat elongated. While the Chinese prefer dark, almost black, flattened letters, bold.
How to check for originality of Redmi AirDots via QR code ?
As soon as the scanner is ready, you should open the application, point the phone camera at the flag in order to carry out identification. As soon as the camera reads the encoded information, the service will provide an identification code and the number of checks. Next, a window will appear that says “Authentication passed! This Mi product is authentic ”, this is the first sign that you are looking at the original Xiaomi AirDots headphones.
Of course, Xiaomi understands that it is easy to forge an identification code, which is why you can see the number of checks. The counter should show exactly the number of checks that the user himself used.
How to distinguish an original AirDots from a fake?
Xiaomi shows in practice that you can use all new technologies without spending a lot of money for your own comfort. Every year the range of the company increases, delighting its customers with a fairly low price tag, quality and the ability to buy excellent products. Due to the fact that people trust Xiaomi, there are a huge number of fakes on the market. That is why you need to check every purchase of this brand for originality. How to distinguish the original from a fake Xiaomi AirDots, read this article.
How can you tell the original Xiaomi AirDots from a fake?
Redmi AirDots are the most budget-friendly and high-quality wireless earbuds. This is why some sellers slip fakes on their customers. But how can you confirm the authenticity of headphones if they do not have a special tag with a QR code? First of all, the buyer will be upset that the inscription “Redmi” flaunts on the case, although the video bloggers have the Xiaomi logo on these headphones.
If the case has the inscription Redmi, then this will mean that they are made in China. Undoubtedly, these are original headphones. However, if only the company logo is present, it means that the party was created not for China, but for the rest of the world abroad. You need to pay attention to the following factors, which will only confirm the authenticity of the purchased headphones:
- The inscription on the case is almost invisible;
- The embossing of the sides of the earbuds looks very neat, with no crooked edges or stickers.
- The wireless charging area is glossy. As a rule, in fakes it is matte.
FAKE REDMI AIRDOTS VS ORIGINAL | HOW TO KNOW THE FAKE AIRDOTS
How to distinguish an original Redmi AirDots from a fake
Hello! The problem of counterfeiting is familiar to many. They copy branded as well as popular things. These are clothes, shoes, electronics, etc. Mobile accessories are also under threat. Today we will talk about Redmi AirDots. how to distinguish from a fake.
The situation is somewhat strange. Xiaomi has released an inexpensive accessory. For the price, this earbud is not comparable to Apple’s Airpods 2 and Samsung Buds. who actively counterfeit.
For the price, the accessory is closer to another representative of the brand. This is Xiaomi Earbuds Basic.
But the scammers decided so. Now the main task is to teach how to identify the original accessory, as well as understand where the fake is.
The phone will lose a lot in quality, functionality and comfort, there is not an original, but a cheap copy of AirDots.
What gives out a fake
There are several ways how to distinguish original Xiaomi AirDots from fake ones. The case, packaging, the modules themselves, as well as the equipment will help here.
Now to the question of how to distinguish AirDots from fake wireless headphones in practice.
- standard transparent fillings;
- SKU code;
- high-quality printing without errors;
Genuine packaging features vibrant printing with vibrant colors. Large logo. The image of accessories in the light shimmers and is also glossy.
The barcode is printed clearly and smoothly. The date of manufacture is well readable, pixelated.
Real headphones are packed in a plastic bag and protective case. This protects the product from damage during transportation.
The design is based on blue and white colors. The headphones themselves on the packaging are black.
Another small nuance. There are more blue originals on cardboard than fakes. But without a visual comparison, it is difficult to notice.
We study products
Two headphones are located inside the case. Each has its own separate nest. They sit deep. To pull it out, you need to make an effort. This is what distinguishes a genuine device.
- The appearance of the modules allows you to recognize the copy. All branded products are neat, elegant and beautiful;
- Invisible joints, minimal gaps;
- There is a border around the control key. Made on the basis of glossy plastic;
- The labels indicating the left and right earbuds must not protrude. Every letter is smooth. Not felt when palpated;
- LEDs are white or red if the charge is low.
The fake pretends to be such elements:
- noticeable and large joints;
- uneven gaps;
- large ear pads made of hard material;
- volumetric convex letters L and R;
- dim LED operation.
A significant difference is manifested in the duration of autonomous functioning. Real headphones can work continuously for 4 hours. Some parodies sit down in 1 hour.
See how the case works. Genuine device charges the earbuds 4 times without recharging. Replicas are barely enough for 1-2 charges.
What’s on the set
If the packaging did not arouse suspicion, and there were no signs of copying, you need to go to the packaging.
A non-standard solution from scammers is to add a USB cable to the package. In theory, everything is correct. After all, you need to charge the case with the headphones with something. But in practice, the manufacturer has a different policy. Genuine accessories do not include a cable. Assumed to use a phone cord.
Look at other standard accessories:
- ear pads may be missing;
- replaceable pads add 1-2 pairs;
- all ear pads are the same size;
- differ in color and material;
- there is no Russian translation in the instructions.
If everything looks fine here, go to the case.
Features of the device
The main topic for discussion will be Xiaomi AirDots. how to distinguish a fake from the original.
The standard equipment includes the following elements:
- packing box;
- plastic case;
- 3 pairs of ear pads;
- wireless headphones.
The original accessory has a well thought-out design. The execution is inexpensive, but practical. The manufacturer decided to make a device that is reliable, simple and affordable. Therefore, a number of additional options were abandoned. Headphones from Xiaomi Redmi series have gained well-deserved popularity due to this.
Each earpiece is shaped like a capsule and also has rounded, smooth edges. This is made for a comfortable and secure fit of the device in the ear.
Each module is equipped with a mechanical button as well as a status indicator.
The device fits into a plastic case. Inside there is a socket with a connector that serves for recharging.
For the manufacture of the case, only matte black plastic is used. The quality is average, but decent. The case is flat. This makes it easy to store in your or bag. The lid, as well as the modules, are held in place by the work of small magnets. This will prevent the case from accidentally opening, and the modules to fall out and get lost.
The main problem in how to distinguish AirDots from a fake is quality copying. Yes, there are outright falsifications. There is a different color, a different shape, spelling errors in the brand name, etc. There is no point in even talking about them. Everything is obvious.
But Redmi AirDots higher-end counterfeit is similar to the original. You have to be attentive and focused.
What the case will tell you about
Potentially can tell that the buyer took a fake.
Externally, the cases of the original and the replica are similar. But the quality of the plastic, as well as the manufacturing level of the latter, is lower. Copies are collected casually. You can notice flaws:
- In genuine cases, the joints are invisible. The charging connector is level and tidy. Plastic is pleasant to the touch;
- At the back there is a microUSB connector for charging. An indicator is installed in front. Activated when charging is connected;
- The contacts for charging in the slot are thicker and larger. They protrude strongly outward;
- Real cases have a 90 degree lid opening. Parodies have a smaller opening angle. Because of this, the accessories are inconvenient to insert and remove;
- The cover has a bias effect. To open, you need to make an effort. A fake does not have this;
- If the production date is after July 2019, then the name Redmi is applied to the cover. The copies have Mi left there. The scammers did not have time to adapt. Keep churning out like that;
- On the back of the case is a text describing the parameters of the device. In the original, these inscriptions are barely noticeable. The copies are very bright. Printed with white ink.
Case is able to answer many questions.
But if nothing aroused suspicion here, look at the headphones.
Original and fake side clearance.
The gesture area on the side of the counterfeit earbud is higher in height compared to the original; in addition to the height, you will notice that this area is shallower than the original.
Check the L and R labels.
Even though it is a really noticeable detail on the headphones, somehow counterfeiters sometimes manage to overlook these labels. The image shows that the fake is missing the ‘R’ lettering for the right ear. Original Airpods always have ‘L’ and ‘R’ letters on the earbuds.
Fake and real speakers.
Fake headphones may have a different color on the speakers. Fake speakers are grayer than the original ones, and you may also notice a lower mesh density.
In addition, you can see that fake headphones may be missing a small plastic overlay around the mesh.
How to check Airpods Pro headphones for originality?
We have prepared a short article on how to do this. Remember that counterfeiters always compromise on quality. To highlight the most common places where these trade-offs are made, we’ve put together a comparison of fake and original Airpods Pro.
Check the code on the inside of the charging case.
The fastest way to spot fake headphones. check the serial number, which can be found on the inside of the charging case. Once you find the unique code, visit checkcoverage.Apple.com/en/ru/ and check if the code is validated by Apple.
Real Airpods will ship with a serial number, which the manufacturer will confirm on its official website. Also, this code must match the serial number indicated on the box and in the smartphone settings (if the headphones are already connected to the iPhone, go to Settings. General. About this device. Airpods)
The picture below shows how to find this unique serial number.
Once you have written down this code, you will need to go to https://checkcoverage.Apple.com and enter it. If the model is indicated on the website correctly, it means that the headphones are original. Otherwise, it will be indicated that the serial number is incorrect.
As you can see in the image above, the Airpods Pro are fully confirmed by Apple on their website. 99% of the time this is enough to prove originality, but it is possible that someone could change the case and insert fake earbuds. Unlikely, but possible.
Check the bottom of the earphone.
The fake Airpods have a different metal on the underside than the original. The original ones will always have the same dimensions for the metal on the underside, while the fake Airpods have a wider and taller cover.
How to spot a fake Redmi AirDots
Xiaomi products are very popular in the technology market, so the number of copies is growing rapidly. Fraudsters try to sell fakes and ask for the same amount as the real device. Users should know how to check the originality of Redmi and Mi AirDots headphones.
On the back of the box is a 20-digit code. It is located under a protective film that must be carefully wiped off with a coin.
Next, go to the Mi Verify website, open the “Xiaomi Product Authentication” tab and type in the code. The number of checks will be displayed. If the headphones were checked for this number 1 time, they are original, since Xiaomi gives its products unique combinations of numbers. If several times. it is worth thinking about a fake, because scammers assign the same ciphers to fakes.
Along with the Bluetooth headphones are interchangeable ear pads packed in a square bag. Counterfeits are usually supplied without additional attachments.
The company manual consists of 9 pages, the first one contains the company logo. Print quality and sharpness. But to the replica they put a 3-4 page manual on the first sheet there are no logos. Also often the fake comes with a scanned instruction.
The real Redmi AirDots don’t come with a USB charging cable because the company has saved on that. Whereas scammers, not paying attention to such a trifle, put a wire with a copy. But do not confuse Redmi with Mi Ayrdots. this Xiaomi model comes with USB.
Buyers of the Chinese versions, which are called exactly Redmi AirDots, should first of all pay attention to the case cover. There should be Redmi markings there, but by no means Redim, Rrdmi or Mi. The Mi logo will only be available if the Global Version was purchased under the name Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic.
Next, we look at the charging connector located on the back. The joints should not protrude, the USB port is flat and smooth. Moving to the front of the docking station: the indicator is visible only when it is turned on. If the light is off, it is completely invisible. The case lid flips up to 90 degrees, making the earbuds easy to fit into the charging slots.
On the real box, the model name is printed in a bright and clear font, and the picture of the headset is glossy and shimmers in the sun; the copy of the letter and image are blurry, faded and of poor quality. The original packaging has two transparent seals at the top and bottom. The back shows the serial number and production date. Numbers must be pixelated and bold.
The device is notable for its high-quality assembly: there are no gaps anywhere, the construction does not creak. Matte plastic is pleasant to the touch. If the headset was purchased new and the packaging was intact, you should be alerted by the presence of scratches and stains, since unscrupulous sellers are not very worried about the appearance and integrity of the gadget.
The L and R markings that distinguish the right and left liners are smooth and glossy, while the copy has a raised texture. Also, the replica is easy to identify if, after connecting via Bluetooth, the headphones are displayed on the phone under an unknown name.
Original box Redmi AirDots
Let’s start with the main thing. on the official Xiaomi website, it is impossible to determine the authenticity of the headset by the serial number, as well as scan the QR code, which is not available on both the Chinese and the global version of the earbuds. Thus, the effective way is to find the differences in the box:
- On the back of the original packaging, the Mi logo and an image of the case with a headset of a more saturated color (on a fake color is faded), the text at the bottom is pronounced, the font of the model name is bold.
- The original Redmi AirDots on the packaging have embossed holes at the top. There should also be a transparent seal, which is duplicated by the second from the bottom of the box.
- A serial number with the production date is stuck on the back side from below. The original sticker has the date in bold, pixelated font, while the copy has it in regular.
A noticeable difference is present in the arrangement of the blue background in front. in the original it is slightly higher than that of the fake, but in the absence of real packaging on hand, it is impossible to notice this.
Original equipment and case Redmi AirDots
The presence of ear pads allows you to check the originality of the headphones. In a real headset, they are necessarily included and packed in a square box. Nozzles are not put into a fake or are wrapped in a roll. The complete instruction in the “correct” version consists of 9 pages, and the first one contains the Mi logo. Copies of the manual, only 4 sheets, do not have a corporate logo in the title. It happens that a scanned copy of the original is put in a replica, but it is easy to identify it by the quality of the paper and blurry fonts.
The next sign of fake concerns the logo on top of the case. Since the beginning of summer 2019, the manufacturer has applied the Redmi inscription, the copy has the previously mentioned Mi or Redim or Rrdmi typos. The last two options are found in the first batches of “burned” inserts.
Here are a few more signs that distinguish real headphones from fake ones in the case:
- The lid opens 90 ° and can be slammed shut.
- Below is an inscription in a dark font that does not stand out against the general background of the case.
- The hinge for the charging cable on the top of the socket is even, without bends or changes in height. A similar picture is observed inside.
- When connected to the charger, the LED lights up to indicate the connected power.
- The power contacts for the earbuds are recessed into the body and do not protrude.
Additional verification of authenticity is carried out tactilely. matte plastic of poor quality is used in the counterfeit.
How to check Xiaomi AirDots headphones for originality and distinguish them from a fake
Redmi AirDots wireless earbuds have gained high popularity due to their low price and acceptable sound. This has led to the appearance of low-quality copies that are sold at the price of the original. Let’s figure out how to distinguish a fake by its appearance and not lose money.
Original Redmi AirDots headphones
Authentication affects inspection of earbuds:
This is where the main methods of checking Xiaomi headphones for originality end, however, the creators of fakes continue to develop their product so that it looks more like a genuine headset. There is no guarantee that in further revisions the appearance of the fakes will not change, therefore, in addition, pay attention to the following differences from the original:
- the manufacturer of the Bluetooth module is not displayed when checking;
- the real battery capacity of the case is 220mAh instead of 300mAh;
- LEDs are too bright or dim;
- weak magnetic contacts do not hold the earbuds if you check the headphones upside down;
- different headset volume, poor sound, short operating range (up to 1 meter or less);
- when reset to factory settings, the LEDs turn red instead of blue.
Top Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Wireless Headphones! How to distinguish from a fake?
Hello! Today I will add my five cents to the operating experience with probably the most popular Xiaomi Redmi AirDots TWS wireless headphones. by the way, on the Telegram channel TechnoReview interesting technical devices, new products from Xiaomi and discounts on them appear even faster, so subscribe to be the first to know about everything.!
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Wireless Headphones
Headphones are supplied in a box with colorful printing. Since the device is the most popular, there are also a lot of fakes. And it is by the box that you can identify a fake from the original. First, we look at the availability of standard seals. Next, you should pay attention to the font and color of the printing, which should be bright enough, and the image of the devices themselves shimmer in the light and give gloss. And of course, the barcode must be clearly printed and not have curvature in the font. There is also a SKU number by which you can check originality.
Opening the box, we are greeted by a case containing headphones, three pairs of interchangeable ear pads and a small instruction. As many know, the charging cable is not included in the package. But some enterprising Chinese are ready to throw a cheap cable at an inflated price into the parcel for an additional fee.
The case itself is made of medium-quality matte black plastic with the Redmi inscription. On the back there is a microUSB connector for charging. When charging, an indicator on the front starts to light up, which is absolutely invisible when the power is off.
The cover of the original headphones for easy removal opens at an angle of 90 degrees. The headphones themselves are in jacks with connectors for charging them. Each of the earbuds has an activity indicator that glows either white or red.
The earphone is made in the form of a capsule and has a mechanical key that, when pressed once, starts and stops tracks, and also allows you to answer incoming calls. Double-clicking calls up the voice assistant. On the back side there are two charging contacts and a designation for the left and right ear. The battery life of the headphones is approximately 4 hours. At the same time, from the case to full charge, they can also be charged 4 times.
Before pairing, you must hold down the mechanical keys on each of the earbuds. After that, connect the right earpiece in the Bluetooth settings of the smartphone. The left one will automatically connect accordingly. Personally, in my ears, the earplugs look unusual, to put it mildly. But my ears are big, so almost all headphones don’t fit me. Regardless, the headphones will fit most people, not mutants like me. Joke. Seriously though, I think the Xiaomi AirDots Pro would suit me, but they are expensive and not worth it. And the sound is comparable to the option under consideration. By the way, the new Xiaomi AirDots Pro 2 headphones have already been released, which received a design similar to the Apple Airpods. Well, the same Apple Airpods will fall out of my ears at the very first step. At the same time, I always found a position in which the headphones can be placed in the ears, so that they sit there tightly and do not fall out, but it looks very funny and it’s even a little embarrassing to walk down the street like that. Otherwise, the form factor of the headphones pleases and allows them to be “screwed” into the ear with almost any side, finding a comfortable position in which they will not fall out.
I won’t say much about the sound of these headphones, since this is a purely individual concept, which has already been expressed from all sides on the Internet. Many are surprised at decent bass for such a modest amount. And I can say that the bass is really good here. The rest of the characteristics are on average and for such a price, a very decent level. At the same time, even at maximum volume, you can listen to the headphones and my picky ears are quite capable of this task.
To summarize, for that kind of money, you won’t find the best wireless headphones for YouTube browsing and picky music listening. The main thing here is not to run into a fake, in which a smart Chinese man for the same money will slip you frank trash for 7 bucks. Therefore, I left the link to the original headphones above. I strongly recommend taking these very ones, since analogs in the same form factor simply will not pay for themselves, but saving on a bad habit and then walking with a very good device for several years, I think, is within the power of everyone. Thank you all for your attention. Bye.
about the author
Subscribe. to my YouTube channel There is a lot of interesting and useful information.