Xiaomi AirDots case does not charge
How to charge the charging case of the Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition model
Let’s clarify, just in case, the parameters of the case battery:
capacity: 300mAh input voltage (current): 5V (300mA) output voltage (current): 5V (150mA)
The case is charged via a USB-to-MicroUSB cable from a USB-port of a computer, a compatible mains charger (you need to choose it very carefully, see the battery parameters) or an external battery (it charges slowly from a “power bank”). Under normal conditions, from the USB port of the computer, the battery case of the Xiaomi Mi Airdots Youth Edition headphones charges up to 100% in about 2.5-3 hours.
How to check the battery level of the Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition headphones
It’s not hard. Each earphone is equipped with a multifunctional LED indicator (located on the outside of the earphone housing, it is difficult not to notice). Indicators indicate the status of the Bluetooth connection, as well as the charge level of the built-in batteries of the headphones.
Usually, the indicator does not manifest itself in any way, but if it lights up red, it means that the headphone has less than 10% charge. In addition, this model also provides a voice prompt about a too low battery level (the main thing is not to turn it off and / or ignore it).
Xiaomi wireless Mi AirDots Youth Edition: if they don’t charge, and how to charge them
The new Mi AirDots Youth Edition wireless headphones from Xiaomi, as expected, should be recharged automatically from the built-in battery of the case, as soon as you put them in this case. But, as practice shows, although they should be charged, they sometimes do not charge.
The reasons for this can be very different, therefore in this post. briefly about how to check the charge level of Mi AirDots batteries and the batteries of their case, how to charge them, what you need to pay attention to in the process, etc.
How to check the battery level of the charging case of the Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition
The case also has its own indicator, it is located on the front panel of the device and also knows how to signal the charge level of the built-in battery, moreover, there are several such signals. So when you put both earbuds in the case, and after that the case indicator:
- blinked white several times and turned off. the case battery is completely discharged, and it’s time to charge it;
- started blinking red every 3 seconds. the case battery is almost completely discharged and needs to be charged;
- lights up white and does not blink. the case battery is fully charged and you can disconnect it from charging (after that, the indicator will immediately go out).
How to charge Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition headphones
Simply put both earbuds into their jacks in the charging case and close the lid. The case indicator will turn red, which means that the charging procedure has begun. When the earbuds are fully charged, the indicator will turn white and turn off after 1 minute. In the charging case with a fully charged battery, the Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition headphones are charged up to 100% in about 1.5 hours.
- new Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition headphones must be charged to 100% before use;
- if you have not used your Mi AirDots for more than 2 months, then before using it, you must fully charge both the case and the headphones themselves.
How to charge the Xiaomi Redmi AirDots / Earbuds case?
As you noticed, the package of the Redmi AirDots and Xiaomi Earbuds wireless headphones does not include a power adapter, although there is a cable in the box. In order to charge the case, you can use any 1A power supply, for example, from a smartphone or an extension cable with USB ports. Even a connector on a computer or laptop will work. It is necessary to connect the microUSB charging cable with one end to the case, and the other to any adapter from a mobile phone.
You can check that the Xiaomi Redmi AirDots case is charging by the LED indicator located on the front panel. In the process of charging, it should be lit in red
How to Charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots and What to Do If One Earphone DOES NOT Charge in the Case (right or left)
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots (Earbuds) is one of the most common wireless earbuds. It is not surprising why readers often leave me the same question in PM or in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. why are both or one of the headphones (right or left) not charging from the case at once, or the case itself cannot be charged? Let’s figure it out today with this whole series of similar externally, but essentially different problems.
Headphone case does not charge
What if the light is off and the case won’t charge? Let’s immediately exclude the options for breaking the case battery. This happens, but it can only be treated by replacing the entire box. Fortunately, they are sold separately on the same Aliexpress.
- First of all, try to insert the cable more tightly into the adapter and the box itself. If you used an incomplete cord, then perhaps its connector does not reach the very end, where the contacts are located. In this case, replace the wire
- Try connecting a different power supply as well. Perhaps yours is not working or is giving out too much current, as a result of which the battery does not charge correctly.
- Finally, check if the connector on the Redmi AirDots / Xiaomi Earbuds case is dirty. You can take a cotton swab and wipe the connectors with alcohol
How to charge wireless headphones Redmi AirDots or Xiaomi Earbuds?
In order to charge the Redmi AirDots (in the Chinese version, they are called Xiaomi Earbuds), you just need to put both earbuds in the case. each in its own socket. It is impossible to confuse them in places, since they simply will not be inserted. However, due to the wide enough shape of the socket, it is possible to place the right or left earphone in a hurry not quite evenly. As a result, the contacts on it and on the case will be displaced relative to each other, and the earphone will not charge. Therefore, make sure the wireless modules fit exactly into place.
One left or right earbud in the case does not charge
I am also asked what to do if one of the headphones. right, left, or both. does not charge.
- If you have new Redmi AirDots or Xiaomi Earbuds and you have just unpacked them, then first of all check if there is a film on the contacts of the wireless headphones. It is glued at the factory so that there is no connection to the battery during shipment. Such safety rules for transportation. Very often people do not notice them and do not peel them off, and then they wonder why the headphones in the case do not charge
- The next thing to check is how securely the earphone fits in its cell. As I said, the design of the case is such that they are easy to move. Because of what, contact with the antennae that comes from the battery is lost, and as a result, the earphone does not charge.
- Also check that the contacts are clean. During operation, they can become clogged or oxidized, and energy ceases to flow to the built-in battery. You can also wipe them with cotton wool and an alcohol solution.
- Another problem that arises when using Redmi AirDots or Xiaomi Earbuds is the sinking of the contact “whiskers” in the case itself due to a broken spring or sticking from dirt. Make sure they return to their original position when removing the headphones
If these tips did not help you, then there are three solutions to the problem with charging headphones and case.
How to fix the problem of Xiaomi airdots not charging?!
As you can see, it is possible to get out of the situation, and on a fairly budgetary basis. If you have any questions, leave them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.!
How to charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones
Xiaomi Redmi AirDots are among the cheapest wireless Bluetooth earbuds on the market. Today theirs Despite such an affordable price point, this True Wireless Stereo model has a very decent quality. The size of the dynamic head of Redmi Air Dots has a size of 7.2 mm, they use the Bluetooth version 5.0 protocol, there is a waterproof IPX4 standard, while such protection does not apply to the charging case.
The headphone housing is round and made of plastic, so they are very light, weighing only 4.1 g. In their design, Xiaomi Redmi AirDots are very similar to another model of the same manufacturer. Xiaomi Mi AirDots Basic. However, Redmi AirDots has one physical button on the body, and on a similar model, the control is touch-sensitive. The physical button has several functions. With a light press, you can answer an incoming call or, conversely, end the conversation. Also, by pressing, you can start playback of a musical composition or pause it.
The charging case is also made of plastic, with the Xiaomi logo on it. There is a charging indicator on the front of the case. It shows the status of the battery in the case. On the back there is a microUSB port, which is for connecting the case to a power source. Of course, you should not expect that instead of microUSB there will be Type C, because these headphones are sold for a very inexpensive price. The case closes and opens quite tightly with a click. In the case, the plugs are held firmly in place. This happens due to magnets that prevent these small accessories from falling out of their seats.
How to charge the case for Redmi AirDots
As mentioned above, Redmi Air Dots work on a single battery charge for 4 hours. But with the help of the charging case, you can extend the operating time by another 8 hours. The earbuds can be charged twice from the charging case. And what about the battery of the case itself?
- There is a microUSB port on the headphone case.
- When purchased, the microUSB cable is not included with the headphones. Have to use your own cord or buy it separately.
- Insert the cable into the connector on the case, and connect the other end of the cable (standard USB) to a laptop (PC) or a power supply unit that connects to an electrical outlet.
- If there are no charging problems, the indicator light on the box will turn red. When the LED turns from red to white, it means the case is fully charged. It takes about 2 hours to charge the case from zero to 100%, after which it can be disconnected from the power source.
Redmi AirDots Battery
If you are familiar with TW-headphones, you know that their batteries do not last long, so using such devices, if we consider the issue in terms of operating time, is not as convenient as wired “ears”. In Redmi AirDots, the charging case is equipped with a 300 mAh battery. The battery capacity of one earbud is 40mAh. This is enough for about 4 hours of battery life.
If you use only one earbud instead of two, it will run for up to 5 hours. But all these are relative indicators, they can change depending on the level at which the volume of music playback is set. The earbuds can be charged several times from the case. In general, with recharges, they will last for 12 hours of listening to music. It takes an hour and a half to fully charge the earbuds.
Xiaomi headphones can turn off automatically, that is, enter the energy saving mode. When they are not in the charging box, not connected to a smartphone, and not used for about 5 minutes, they turn off by themselves so that the battery is not wasted.
How to charge Redmi AirDots earbuds
There is an indicator light on the cutout of the control button located on each of the Air Dots. It can be white or red, depending on the battery charge level. It is clear that the red glow of the indicator signals that it is time to charge the headphones. Usually, the red LED turns on when the battery charge level drops to 10%. By the way, you can’t check on the plugs themselves how long the battery will last, just as you can’t find out the charge of the case. Information about the battery status as a percentage can only be viewed on a smartphone. In order to prepare the wireless Redmi AirDots for use, you just need to place them in the charging case and close the lid.
As for how to put the headphones into the case, we can say the following: for each “plug” in the case there is its own socket. It will not be possible to insert the dots incorrectly, they simply will not go to the wrong seat.
While charging is in progress, the indicators on the headphones, as well as on the charging box, light up red. As soon as the process is over, the indicator on the box will turn white and go out after about a minute. In general, the charging time of AirDots is one and a half hours.
Sometimes it happens that the “Dots” inserted into the case do not charge. It is possible that only the right earpiece does not charge, or only the left one. Even after 5-10 hours of being in the case, nothing happens to the battery. What can be done?
- Check the charge level of the case, the box must be charged.
- Check if the “plugs” are well inserted into the slots. The pins of the headphones must be in contact with the pins of the case.
- The contact surface on the headphones must be clean.
- If you have checked and followed the instructions above, charging should start and proceed normally.
How to understand that the AirDots case is charged?
Wanting to make the main characteristics as best as possible, the manufacturer saved on the case material, fitting into the narrow frames of the super-budget segment. Tactilely, the plastic of the case resembles the plastic of a Chinese craft and although it looks decorous, without flaws, something suggests that scratch resistance should not be expected. The charge indicator is located on the front panel under the cover. It is made in the form of luminous dots indicating the amount of charge. How do I know if the AirDots case is charged? Read in our article below.
Unlike the older models, which are sold for the corresponding price and have USB Type C, this device has a microUSB connector on the back, designed to charge the battery via the power cord. “Ears” in the seats sit quite tightly. they are held by powerful magnets that prevent accidental loss when shaking. The movement of the lid is quite tight, and the closing ends with a confident click. This is also due to the built-in neodymium magnets that hold the halves firmly in the closed position.
In the hand, the case looks like a sea pebble, but when you try to wrinkle it, the cost of the cost makes itself felt: a move between the halves is felt, sometimes accompanied by a weak creak. Above, depending on which factory the gadget is released from, is the logo. In one version it is Redmi, in the other it is simply Mi. The upside-down pebble reveals its Chinese tummy, strewn with hieroglyphs with technical information. A plus to savings is the lack of a charging cable, but this is understandable: the port is standard, there is a cable for it in every home. and the final price will only benefit from this.
How to find out the charge of the Redmi AirDots case? This is not possible, but keep in mind that the case’s battery can fully charge the earbuds twice from 0% to 100%. Thus, extending the total operating time to 12 hours (the operating time of the Redmi AirDots themselves is 4 hours). How do I know if AirDots are charged? Easy, the red lights on the headphones will stop burning.
Situations of a lack of charge are most often expressed in the fact that the left or right earphone is not charging, or both Air Dots are not charging. The solution to the problem usually boils down to the following algorithm of actions:
- Check that the earbuds are not misaligned with the contacts and that debris has not fallen into the seats The contacts of the headphones and the case must be clean and free of oxides.
- Check the charge on the case itself by putting it on charge. If the indicator is white. everything should be working properly.
Redmi airdots not charging problem 100% solution
Redmi AirDots not charging
Charging wireless headphones is very simple: you just need to place them in the box and wait for the process to complete. But situations arise when Airdots do not want to connect with boxing, respectively, it is impossible to use them. Today we will tell you why the headset and case do not connect to the power source and how to solve the problem.
A similar situation. We check sockets, magnets and contacts. Perhaps the matter is in mechanical damage to the liner.
When fully discharged, you do not need to quickly disconnect Airdots from the power source. Wait 2-3 hours for the battery to be 100% full.
Also don’t forget about the battery. Replacement may be needed if the gadget has been misused and the capacity has decreased.
Two earbuds are not charging
The first step is to check the jacks in the box. There should be no foreign objects, dust and dirt. Make sure the earbuds fit well and fit snugly against the contacts. Use scotch tape for small gaps.
Successful charging will be indicated by a red indicator on AirDots. If the lamp is off and the device does not charge, contact the service center. The breakdown can be serious and only a specialist can handle it.
The most common reasons
The charging design for Redmi and Mi Ayrdots is the same, so the instructions and recommendations are suitable for two models:
- Case USB port or cable is damaged. If the wire is broken and the connector is clogged with foreign objects, there will be no contact. The container will not receive a new amount of energy, and with it the liners.
- Non-original products. The performance of fakes is a big question. The headphones can broadcast a melody, but they cannot be charged using the fake box. Therefore, you should always check the devices for authenticity before purchasing.
- There is no contact in the container. The most common problem is with the fixing magnets. If the earbuds do not fit well, there will be no power.
- Mechanical damage. Be alert if a container or headset is dropped into water or on a hard surface. After such a shake-up, difficulties usually arise.
- Manufacturing defects. Before buying, you must immediately check the Airdots. If there are any problems, please contact the seller with a claim. It is not recommended to make repairs on your own, otherwise you will void the warranty.
Case does not charge
Usually the cause is the connector or the wire. Connect another USB cable to the box and check the result. Gently clean the port using a toothpick. If the container has not dropped and is in working order, simple steps will definitely help. And, of course, make sure the battery is working properly. The battery could be damaged, and only replacement will help.
Or use a device that charges headphones without a case via USB.
Today we found out why the case or headphones are not charging and shared effective solutions to the problem. Use Redmi or Mi AirDots carefully and do not drain the devices to full discharge.
How to charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots wireless device
In order to understand how to properly charge your AirDots, you need to understand its charge indication system. The percentage of the current charge of the headphones can be seen on the screen of your phone, but the amount of charge of the box (box) itself is very problematic to understand.
To embody the charging of Xiaomi earbuds, you need to insert them into the charging box. It is unrealistic to mix up the left and right earbuds, since they simply cannot be inserted in the wrong places.
It remains to connect the micro USB charging cable with one end into the charging box, and the other into the USB port of the charger, PC or tablet.
During charging, both the box and the earbuds are lit with a red indicator.
When the case is charged, it will not glow red, and you can turn it off. The average charging time of Xiaomi Redmi AirDots is in the range of 1.5-2 hours.
On some models of headphones, when the box is recharged, the indicator color will change from red to white.
How to sync Xiaomi AirDots headphones
It doesn’t hurt here to share a step-by-step annotation on headphone sync:
Insert AirDrops into the charging case, each earphone into its own socket. Make sure the case (aka charger) is charged.
Delete the headphone connection information from the Bluetooth menu of your own phone.
Take two headphones out of the case, turn them off. To do this, hold down the control button on each of the “earbuds” for 5 seconds.
Now you need to perform the next “Reset” (The first was to remove the device from the list of Bluetooth devices connected to the phone). At this step, you need to reset the connection between 2 Air Dots headphones. To do this, press and hold the control buttons on each of the dots for 20 seconds. The status light should flash twice: first after 10 seconds, and later after 20 seconds. Do not release the buttons until you see the LED blink for the 2nd time.
Turn on your headphones. To do this, hold down both control buttons for about 5 seconds. You can turn on in another way: just place the “ears” in the case, and later remove them from there. When you take Xiaomi AirDots out of the case, they are automatically cut in.
After this restart, you will see the status indicator on the right earbud blinking white. At this time, the indicator on the left earphone does not light up and remains unlit. This means that there is a connection between Air dots, and the right earphone can be paired with a phone.
The last step is to pair the presenter (right) AirDots with a mobile device, after which you can enjoy music, audiobooks or podcasts, and receive incoming calls through the headset.
In our article, we have analyzed how to charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots wireless headphones. Also what advice should be managed. Look for the red indicators of the headphones and box, and when they stop glowing during recharging. you can safely disconnect your device from the network and use the headphones further.
How to charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots
In the material, we will analyze how to charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots headphones, and what we need for this.
- Xiaomi Redmi AirDots specifications and features
- How to charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots wireless device
- What to do if Xiaomi Redmi AirDots case or earbuds won’t charge
Xiaomi headphones are one of the highest quality alternatives to the popular Apple Airpods. Selling for about 20, they have a beautiful design, good ergonomics, decent sound quality and longevity. With all this, many users are faced with discrepancies in the operation of this device, when, when connected to the charging box, they simply do not charge. Why is this happening?
Xiaomi wireless Mi AirDots Youth Edition: if they don’t charge, and how to charge them
The new Mi AirDots Youth Edition wireless headphones from Xiaomi, as expected, should be recharged automatically from the built-in battery of the case, as you put them in this case. But, as practice shows, although they should be charged, they sometimes do not charge.
The prerequisites for this can be very different, therefore in this post. briefly about how to check the charge level of Mi AirDots batteries and the batteries of their case, how to charge them, what you need to pay attention to in the process, etc.
How to check the battery level of the charging case of the Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition
The case also has its own indicator, it is located on the front panel of the device and also knows how to indicate the charge level of the built-in battery, moreover, there are several such signals. So when you put both earbuds in the case, and after that the case indicator:
- He blinked white several times and turned off. the case battery is 100 percent discharged, and it’s time to charge it;
- Started blinking red every 3 seconds. the case battery is almost completely discharged and needs to be charged;
- Glows white and does not blink. the case battery is fully charged and you can disconnect it from charging (after that, the indicator immediately goes out).
How to charge Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition headphones
Simply put both earbuds into their jacks in the charging case and close the lid. The indicator of the case will light up red, which means that the charging procedure has begun. When the earbuds are fully charged, the indicator will turn white and turn off after 1 minute. In the charging case with a fully charged battery, the Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition headphones are charged up to 100% in about 1.5 hours.
- The new Xiaomi Mi AirDots Youth Edition headphones must be charged to 100% before use;
- If you have not used your Mi AirDots for more than 2 months, then you must fully charge both the case and the headphones themselves before use.
How long does it take to charge wireless headphones
The charging time for each model of wireless headphones is different, depending on the size of the battery (usually from 1 to 4 hours). The manufacturer writes on the box, in the properties or in the instructions for the model, how much time you need to charge the Bluetooth headphones. But even if you didn’t find this data:
- All modern Bluetooth headphones have an LED (light bulb or sensor). The diode glows in one color when charging, and in another color when the headphones are charged (may blink). Directly so you can understand that the wireless headphones are 100% charged.
- You can find the exact or approximate charging time in the instructions for your model, in the reviews on this site (type in the model name in the search at the top) or on the Internet.
- This article covers applications for displaying the battery level on the phone. Comfortable function, useful when using headphones.
In some models of headphones (since 2017), the possibility of fast charging has appeared. When you put the headphones on charge for 5-15 minutes, you get 1-3 hours of work. The easiest and most effective way to do this is in models with USB Type-C. And for microUSB, fast charging is possible. This feature is always mentioned on the box or in the instructions. She makes life very easy.
How to Charge Xiaomi Redmi AirDots Wireless Headphones
Fully wireless earbuds from Xiaomi (such as AirDots Pro or Redmi) are charged from the case. The case itself is charged via USB, everything is exactly as described in the instructions above. Some models have difficulties with indication. the charge level of the case is not clear, but in general this is not a problem, you can get used to it.