Workable Ways To Unlock Mi Account
Occasionally a nuisance. Unlock Mi account on Xiaomi will have in case of loss of control over it. Many are lost and frantically trying to enter a hopelessly forgotten account password. In the end, the phone is completely blocked and the owner is faced with the full growth of the problem of “revival” of the deceased device.
Account Lockout Reasons
So, you forgot the password, and the phone when you reboot or, which happens almost always, changing the SIM card will ask you to re-enter your account. And it may not be yours, since the phone was bought from hand. So the SIM card that participated in the registration is not available to you. That is, you do not know the phone number or email address mentioned by the previous owner during registration, which means that you do not have a login. Accordingly, you do not have a password. You have nothing.
Hard case. Due to the fact that simple unlocking methods will definitely not help you, you will have to go to great lengths.
The long road to improve the smartphones manufactured by Xiaomi has led to a situation where tight linking to the Mi account has become an everyday reality. The account requires the owner of the phone full control. If a few years ago, on the MIUI 7 proprietary shell, you could painlessly abandon one account and move on to another. Now, with the release of 8 and 9 firmware versions, everything has become much more complicated.
Precautionary measures taken by the world leader in the telephone industry, Apple to protect against penetration of the secrets of the owner of the smartphone, led to a situation where only its owner can unlock his phone in a simple way. This feature was instantly adopted by the Chinese flagship.
The thing is that Xiaomi is never itself a one-sided initiator of account blocking, the reason lies in you. In addition to the situations listed above, games with your child’s phone are also possible; incorrect password entry leads to a similar result.
Ways to unlock an account
We follow from simple to complex. We assume that this is your phone, and you forgot your password. And he was needed. In this case, there is an easy way to restore lost control over your smartphone. We use the Chinese password reset service. For this:
- go to the link, indicate your email or phone number in the proposed field;
- click next and get into a new window, where we agree completely and enter the verification captcha, thereby confirming that we are a real person;
- A reply SMS or message with a code comes to the mail or phone, wait for it;
- upon receipt, enter and finally, in the next window, reset the old password;
- and then prescribe a new one.
Hooray, the problem is resolved. However, do not rush to rejoice. We have a poor guy in stock who bought someone else’s phone and does not know anything that needs to be entered when resetting the old password. In this case, there is another way. It is much longer and dreary, but not more difficult for sure.
You will have to write a letter to support at email@example.com. English to help you. It is necessary to describe in detail why your phone is locked and make a request to unlock it. Do not expect everything to work out right away. Have to correspond for several days, and maybe weeks. Support will ask you to indicate how the phone was purchased. His IMEI, a receipt from the purchase, a photo of the company box and other evidence that this is your phone will have to be provided. If something is not enough or the Chinese side doubts your words, then the deal will not take place. And you will not be able to unlock your account.
What to do, you ask? There is an answer, they write on the Internet, you just need to remember the password!
I will not engage in shamanism here, I will try to highlight the rather thorny path of the real restoration of the phone, and its complete decoupling from the forgotten account.
Before you start, you need to note that you will be able to reset the locked smartphone to the factory settings by entering the Mi-recovery, but it will not bring joy. Even in this state, during the first setup, you will have to stop at the entrance to the old Mi account.
Do not wait for a detailed debriefing, all reviews devoted to this problem end the same way: contact a specialist, he will help. But still, here is a solution compiled from various sources.
- Before you completely locked the phone. Doesn’t even turn off. But you need to turn it off, so keep the power key pressed until the company logo appears, hold down the volume
- We go into the recovery, from there we carry out a full reset (Wipe all datа).
- We do all further actions according to the specified technique. Their meaning is to get into the second space of the phone.
- You have a work phone in your hands, where you drive a new account in the second space. But do not rush to rejoice, the smartphone will last in this state on the strength of an hour and a half (tested in practice).
- During this time, you need to flash the phone on MIUI 7, in this system there is no hard link to the account and it is possible to install a new one. Exemplary steps are described here.
This is a relatively “easy” method, but it does not guarantee 100% that you will succeed. The rest of the described methods suggest entering the phone in a special mode by shorting some points on the motherboard, which is not quite suitable for a simple layman.