Why does Lenovo reset your phone to factory settings
Reset to factory settings (hard reset) for Lenovo A5 phone
There are many reasons why you may need to perform a full reset of your Lenovo A5 smartphone (Hard Reset). Usually this procedure is performed to restore the system functionality, which was broken by viruses, deleted system files, “buggy” firmware update and many other things. Hard Reset is very easy to perform on any smartphone, but you must be aware of the consequences of this action and know how to back up your system and files. About all these things we will tell you in detail below.
Warning! A reset will erase all data on your Lenovo A5 phone. If you have not backed up your contacts, pictures, videos, documents and everything else, you must do so, otherwise you will lose all the personal information that was on the device.
To avoid losing your data, follow these recommendations.
- Download pictures, documents and videos to your computer via USB cable. Also for the backup of photos you can use Google Photos, and for documents and folders suit the cloud service Google Disk, but you can “pour” the number of files on it. You have to pay to expand the storage.
- To avoid losing contacts and apps, activate cloud sync in settings. Go to “System”. “Advanced”. “Backup”. Enable the backup save function to your Google account.
Once you’re done with that, you can perform a Lenovo A5 Hard Reset.
Hard reset Lenovo A6000
You can get to the recovery menu (or engineer recovery menu) of A6000 in the following way:
- Completely turn off the smartphone, if necessary, then jerk the battery;
- Then, press the volume knob to increase, plus power (power on) at the same time;
- As you feel the vibration and notice the logo on the display, you can release the buttons;
- The engineering menu with lots of sections, gauges and other obscure functions will load. We need a line with the word “factory reset”;
- With the sound rocker we move down to this line, and click like a tap on the power button;
- We get to the subsection, where we move to the line with the words “Yes. Delete all”, confirm;
- The device will start resetting, preparing for the procedure, in the menu to end the procedure move to the line with “Reboot system”, confirm.
That’s all, after the phone will reboot (restart), the smartphone will ask you to preset passwords and create accounts. This means that the reset procedure was successful. Just don’t forget to save the data you need before resetting, if you haven’t set up your smartphone for regular backups. It is better to save backups in the cloud, but you can also save them on a flash drive.
Dear Reader! If suddenly the method described in the article did not help you. please help others. write how you solved the problem or ask a question. By the way, the answer to your question may already be in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Please don’t stay indifferent. share useful information with people. If you know the answer to your question. please write it down, someone will find the information very useful. Thank you in advance!
Factory Reset Methods
As for the reset parameters, there are no unusual peculiarities of “Lenovo” gadgets. The factory reset of the phone occurs according to a completely normal and logical algorithm. And there are several ways to do it. All of them are extremely simple and will not cause anyone any problems.
- Using the settings of the device. All versions of Lenovo smartphones and tablets have a system option to reset to factory settings using the settings on the device itself.
- Force reset. If the above option does not work for some reason, then there is a forced reset through the phone or tablet recovery. But it should be used as a last resort.
Here are all the ways. But if you need to reset the laptop “Lenovo” to factory settings, then everything will be a little more complicated. Although there is one very simple option. Disassemble the laptop and remove the battery (tab), which is responsible for saving BIOS settings in the off state. The settings will instantly reset to default.
It’s also worth considering that a factory reset of the Lenovo will be accompanied by the deletion of all user data and apps from the device’s internal storage. So it is strongly recommended to create a backup copy of the data. And now we can begin the process of resetting.
Add a review, ask a question or share a helpful tip.
Huawei P40 Pro smartphone with the best camera 2020. 2021. In the ranking of camera phones, the novelty has scored a record 128 points taking first place.
Free promotion phone. Free phones, smartphones, touch and button phones as brand manufacturers Samsung, iPhone and little-known.
By leaving a review, you help others make the right choice. YOUR OPINION COUNTS.
What it’s for
Before you perform a factory reset on your Lenovo laptop, make sure this step is necessary. Remember that in this case all data from one or more drives will be deleted. If possible, make a backup that you can return to after the process is complete.
The need to reset the laptop to factory settings may arise in the following cases:
- Serious malfunctions occur.
- Failure of any hardware.
- Selling your device.
- The desire to completely clear the device of old files.
Or you can install additional software to reset your data. But in the case of Lenovo this is not necessary, because there are built-in programs.
Now you know how to reset your laptop to its factory settings and thereby return it to the state it was immediately after purchase. In the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, tell me if you had to do such a job, what method you chose, and what difficulties were encountered.
Before we talk about how a hardware reset is performed, let’s take a closer look at the situations in which this procedure is necessary. Hard Reset in Lenovo A1000 is necessary in such situations:
- When your Lenovo A1000 started to freeze heavily;
- When after installing some application, your device started “glitching” or stopped turning on at all;
- In case you have forgotten the password or the graphic key of your gadget and now you can’t use it normally;
- If the device displays a message saying that you have made too many attempts to enter the pattern key;
- If the device hangs on the logo and won’t boot further.
We would like to remind you once again that before you perform a factory reset, be sure to save all your contacts, videos, photos, pictures, e-books, and other files on a flash drive, since they will be completely erased during the procedure.
A hardware reset on the Lenovo A1000 is done in a few steps:
- The first thing you need to do is to switch your Lenovo A1000 phone off;
- Press “Power” and “Volume up” keys simultaneously. Hold them down until booting starts (the Lenovo logo appears). Wait until menu appears. To navigate through the menu items use the volume keys, confirming your choice with the “Off/On” key.
- Now select “Factory Reset\Wipe Data” from the menu, and then select “Yes. Delete All User Data”. Wait for the process to complete;
- Select “RebootSystemNow”. The device will restart. Wait until it finishes and enjoy the functionality of your gadget!
System menu in Lenovo A7000 Turbo settings
While in settings, scroll down to the bottom of the screen until you find the system settings that contain languages, time, backup, updates, and other system applications.
The system settings are hidden at the bottom of the settings options, as they can cause serious data loss if not used properly.
In the system settings menu, find the reset options. They will allow you to perform a network, app, or whole device reset, so be careful as you are now entering a menu where you can delete data on your phone without any way to get it back.
Erase all data in the reset options
When you need a full settings reset?
There are several reasons why lenovo hard reset is necessary. For example, if it was decided to sell the smartphone. In this case it is necessary to prepare it, get rid of applications and programs that were installed during operation. Often users are faced with situations where the phone begins to slow down, and by rebooting it is not possible to achieve the desired effect. Sometimes the display is locked with a Pattern Lock, and the code needed to unlock it is lost. The described situations require a complete reset to return to the factory settings.
Before deciding to take such a step, you should know how to do a hard reset on lenovo, and remember that all current data from the device memory, including the phone book, will be lost. So it is recommended to write down important numbers and information or copy them to the memory card beforehand.
This function is considered a “hard” reset, so it is performed in the most extreme case, when the above methods do not help to restore the functionality of the smartphone.
- Turn off your smartphone by pressing the power button and selecting the item “Power off”, remove the check mark from the item “Quick loading” and press “Ok.
- After that press the power button and volume down/up button at the same time until the smartphone enters the engineering menu.
- Select “wipe data / factory reset” using the volume up / down buttons.
- Press the power button to confirm.
If you changed your mind to do a hardware reset. select “power down” and then turn on the smartphone the normal way (using the power button).