Where Did The Photos From The Iphone Go?
4 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer
- Method 1. Transfer photos from iPhone to computer via iTunes
- Method 2. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud
- Method 3. How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC via “Photos” in Windows
- Method 4. How to upload photos from iPhone to computer via iCareFone
Method 3. How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC via “Photos” in Windows
This method is very lightweight and easy to use.
- Step one. Connect your device via USB cable to your personal computer.
- Step two. Unlock your device. A window will appear asking for access to your photos and.
- Step three. Click “Allow”, after which you will open access to your photos and.
- Step four. After that, you need to enter the internal storage of the phone. To do this, enter Windows Explorer, you will see “Internal Storage”. Double click on it, after which the internal storage of the phone will open.
Step five. After that, the DCIM folder will appear, in order to view photos and files.
Method 1. Transfer photos from iPhone to computer via iTunes
As a reminder, iTunes is a program developed by Apple that allows you to play and organize music, movies, photos, etc. The main function of the program. It is synchronization with the device, filling with media files, and backing up all information. In order to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, we suggest doing the following:
Step one. Make sure you have a new version of iTunes installed on your personal computer.
Step two. Next, we need to synchronize the device with our PC. To do this, you need to set up synchronization. First, launch iTunes, then click on the icon in the form of a smartphone.
Step five. Wait for the sync process to complete.
This method can be carried out using a wireless Wi-Fi network, or using a wired.
Before transferring photos to a computer using iTunes, you need to sync via Wi-Fi.
Follow these steps:
- Step 1. Go to the “Devices” section.
- Step 2. Choose your iPhone.
- Step 3. Go to Options
- Step 4. Check the box next to “Sync this iPhone over Wi-Fi”.
- Step 5. Go to the menu in the “General” section, check “Sync iTunes over Wi-Fi”. After that, each time the device will automatically sync with the PC using Wi-Fi.
Method 2. How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud
In this method, we will tell you how you can transfer photos to your Windows computer using iCloud. As a reminder, iCloud is a branded cloud storage manufactured by Apple. This program is convenient in that it allows you to store iPhone backups, photos,, notes, calendars, etc. It also gives access to your photos, documents, etc. From any device. Each user gets 5 GB of iCloud for free. You can access your files from any device by going to iCloud.com and logging in with your Apple ID.
In order to sign in to iCloud, you do not need to create a new account, for this use your Apple ID. First, we need to configure the iCloud library settings. Follow these steps:
- Step 1. Open the iCloud program on your PC.
- Step 2. Enter Photo Options.
- Step 3. Select iCloud Music Library.
Step 4. Click on “Finish”, then “Apply”.
To download photos via iCloud to your computer, do the following:
- Step one. Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Step two. On your PC go to “Computer”, where the icon of your device should be displayed.
- Step three. Right-click and select “Import. In the window that opens at the bottom, click on Advanced options.
- Step four. In the line “Import images to” choose where to upload photos. Confirm the import by clicking “Ok” and “Next”.
- Step five. In the window that appears, it is fashionable to manually check the boxes on those photos that you need to transfer to your PC.
- Step six. Click Import. After that, the files are saved to the folder of your choice. After the import is complete, the folder will open again.
In this method, we will show you how to transfer photos to OC Mac.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to Mac first.
- Step 2. Launch Spotlight located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Step 3. Go to Image Capture.
- Step 4. You can select photos manually by clicking the left mouse button or import all at once by clicking the “Import all” button.
- Step 5. Select the folder where the photos will be imported.
- Step 6. Before importing files, it is advised to uncheck the box next to “Delete after import”, otherwise all files on the device will be deleted after import.
4 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer
The majority of owners prefer Apple products, due to the wide and high-quality functionality of the camera. A large number of iPhone owners love capturing highlights on their device. But, unfortunately, a huge number of photos take up memory and have to be transferred to the hard drive of a personal computer.
Many users are wondering how it is possible to quickly and easily upload a photo to a computer. In this article, we will look at how you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer.
Method 4. How to upload photos from iPhone to computer via iCareFone
Tenorshare iCareFone software is highly efficient and fast to use for transferring files to your computer from iPhone. The main feature of this program. It is the ability to work directly with the connected device without unnecessary file transfers. The utility allows you to backup and restore data.
Then follow these steps step by step:
Step 1. Connect iPhone to your PC via USB cable. Run the program on your computer.
Step 2. Click the photo (quick access) icon on the home interface or click “Manage” “Photo”.
Step 3. Select the photos you want to transfer to your PC, click “Export”. Then choose a location to save them.
Step 4. You can set image formats using “Export Settings”.
Step 5.Icarefone also lets you transfer your albums between iOS and PC.
So, we have analyzed the simplest, most effective and fastest ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. In the first method, we explained how to use iTunes to transfer photos from your device to your computer. This method can be carried out using a wireless Wi-Fi network, or using a wired.
In the second method, we told how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer using iCloud. Its difference is that it allows you to store iPhone backups, photos, notes, calendars, etc.
In the third method, we mentioned how to transfer a photo from an iPhone to a PC via “Photos” in Windows. This method is completely easy and fast. All transmission takes place by moving from the DCIM folder to a personal computer. In the fourth method, we described step by step how to transfer photos to a PC through iCareFone. This method is simple, it can be done by exporting photos to a computer. This program can be downloaded from the official Tenorshare website. This utility will be the main assistant for working with media files.
Hope all of the above information was helpful.
All photos disappeared from the iPhone and? Will seek!
Happy everyone! Most of the photos from the iPhone I store on the device and very rarely transfer them to the computer. Why? Just a little lazy. No, actually, the backup is done periodically, but until recently I did not attach much importance to this. And, apparently, very much in vain.
After all, just yesterday I was asked a question that made me think hard. It sounds like this: “Hello! Please tell me, all the photos on my iPhone suddenly disappeared by themselves. Yesterday everything was in place, but now they simply do not exist! How could this have happened and can something be done about all this? “.
This is exactly what I have not yet encountered, some kind of phone is a pest. It takes and deletes the photo itself and! What if I have a similar situation and everything suddenly disappears? We urgently need to figure it out!
Let’s decide on the answer to the main question. Can the device delete your data on its own? Hardly. This means that this phenomenon has quite logical reasons. Now is the time to find them out and find out where to find the missing media files? Go!
- Let’s start with the obvious question. Do you have any backups saved? If so, then you don’t need to look for anything. Just restore the copy!
- You can look into the “Recently Deleted” folder (located in the standard “Photos” application). After all, this is where all your photos and records are sent before they are completely deleted from the device. The storage period is 30 days. It is during this time that you need to have time to restore files. Important: What to do if the “Recently Deleted” folder is missing?
- The reason for the sudden loss of photos can be iCloud Media Library and its “Optimize storage” feature. To check, open “Settings. Photo Camera” and see if this option is activated? If so, then you can find all your images on the iCloud.com website (you will need to enter your Apple ID and password). Important: A detailed article on Media Library and iCloud storage optimization.
- It is worth paying attention to another folder in the photo application. “Hidden”. I had a prankster friend who hid several photos on my iPhone this way. And then I thought. Where did the photos from the sections “Moments”, “Collections”, “Years” disappear??
- IOS glitches can be to blame for everything. Where can we go without them? Sometimes, when the free memory on the device runs out, some photos stop showing in the camera roll. Although in fact they are there and take place. In this case, it will be enough to free up a little memory (delete one or two applications) and do the usual hard reboot of the device. All files will be “returned” to the film.
However, iOS has other, more serious failures, when the photos are deleted by themselves after the usual actions in general. Firmware updates or repairs. In this situation, you need to look:
- Are they completely erased?
- Or only “virtually”, that is, they still take up space on the iPhone and “just” are not shown?
In the first case, there is little chance of getting the files back. It seems that there are special programs that restore even completely deleted information, but to be honest, I have not used them, so I cannot advise anything. If someone has experience. Be sure to write in the comments, very interesting!
In the second case, you can find media files like this:
- Connect iPhone to your computer and search for photos using standard Windows or Mac tools.
- Use PC software like iTools or iFunbox. Download, connect and look for missing files in the internal memory of the iPhone.
- Make a backup copy and “open” it, again, using specialized programs. I already talked about one of them in this article.
In general, in the most advanced cases, you can’t do without a computer. And even then, unfortunately, a positive result is not always achieved. However, as usual, I hope for the best and wish you to be sure to find all the missing photos and records.!
Step 2. Uploading Snapshots from iCloud
If you’ve set up syncing with iCloud, open the Apple website. Use your iCloud login and password to sign in. Go to the snapshots section and check the list of files available in the cloud. If they are there, then download them to your Mac or PC from the cloud.
Look, just repeat all the tips and you will succeed:
Step 4. Searching files using a PC
If you tried the previous tips and still did not succeed in recovering deleted photos, then connect your iPhone to your computer to check for the presence of files in the system. If you don’t have a computer, open your phone book and remember which of your friends have a computer and who will help you. There are times when photos are in the iPhone’s memory, but for some reason they are not displayed. The computer will “see” these files, it just needs to save them in any folder and restore to your iPhone. I’ll tell you right away how to connect an iPhone to a Mac or PC, see:
ATTENTION! Immediately after connecting to your Mac or PC, make sure that iTunes does not automatically sync data. Automatic syncing can erase leftover photos in iPhone memory!
Found a photo? Super! Recover deleted photos and upload them to your PC. To do this, copy the pictures from the iPhone to the computer. If you don’t know how to do it yet or want to remember, watch this:
Recover deleted photos on iPhone
Start with the easiest, close all applications on your smartphone and restart it. Take a look at this thread and just repeat all the tips:
If after the reboot the deleted pictures are restored, congratulations. If not, let’s move on to a successful result, there are still unused ready-made solutions to this issue.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone? 7 easy steps
Have your iPhone photos suddenly disappeared? This is really a problem. It’s good that there is an opportunity to return the pictures. Just read this article or take a look and you will learn how to recover deleted photos on iPhone.
I recommend that you first read the entire article, pay attention to all the details, and only then start to act. Any of your actions can affect, both positively and negatively, on the final result. Anyway, this article and on the MacTime YouTube channel has already helped a lot of people recover photos on iPhone. How long will this process take? It all depends on the effectiveness of your actions and the current situation with the missing photos. In any case, I wish you a quick and successful solution to your problem.
Step 5. Checking iPhone through file managers
If the previous tips were not successful, let’s take a deeper look at the iOS system. Files of deleted images can be found using special programs: itools, ifunbox and other file managers. Advanced functionality for accessing the iPhone file system helps to find files that are not visible on the phone, but it is possible to download them on a Mac or PC.
The best photo recovery software for iPhone and iOS
In general, there isn’t as much software for the iPhone as there is for desktop operating systems like Windows and Mac OS. However, in this review, I want to mention a few quality programs that are often mentioned in articles on how to restore an iPhone (and for good reason!). In this regard, we will consider utilities for Mac OS (functionality and specific application):
- Smartphone Recovery PRO
- Coolmuster Data Recovery
- Iphone contacts recovery
Step 1. Scan the backup file with contacts and messages
Note: To prevent backup files from being overwritten over current iPhone contacts, please do not connect or sync your iPhone to iTunes after you lost your contacts or deleted SMS messages on iPhone.
If you have ever synced various iDevices with iTunes before, you will be given the choice of more than one backup file after clicking the “Restore from iTunes Backup” button. Select one of the required files (contacts, SMS messages, photos or other items) for your iPhone and click the “Start Scan” button.
How to restore an iPhone from an iTunes backup file?
If you are looking for photos older than 30 days, you will need to restore your iPhone from old backups using the well-known universal iTunes application for Mac OS (you did regular data backups for your iPhone, right?).
Hopefully, from this guide, you learned how to restore an iPhone for your particular model. Perhaps later I will tell you how to recover iPhone 4/5/6 from icloud, including messages, contacts, photos. Anyway, I advise you to try three recovery programs yourself: SmartPhone Recovery PRO, PhotoRec and Coolmuster Data Recovery.
I’ve tried several desktop recovery apps for iPhone, including. Stellar Phoenix Mac Recovery, however, the best photo recovery software coped with the task. Photorec from CG Security. This program is free and multiplatform (there are cross-platform distributions for Mac and Windows). The PhotoRec recovery utility is easy to learn, however, I will comment on the steps to recover data using this toolkit. So that the entire resuscitation process is clear to all readers.
For my tests, I used a MacBook Air running the X Yosemite operating system. For Windows, I recommend using the Recuva file reconstructor (you can download Recuva here in Russian). This program also has a great user-friendly interface.
- Step 1: connect your iPhone memory card to your computer via built-in or external card reader.
- Step 2: launch PhotoRec and enter your Mac OS password if required to authorize the user and proceed with further reconstruction.
- Step 3: using the navigation arrows, select a memory card from the list. It can be indicated by a letter or as the name of the storage device. To check, compare the size of disk space on it to be sure that data recovery procedures are performed on the right source where it is needed. For example, 8 GB Samsung sd card. In my case. As soon as we made sure that the source for recovery is selected, press Enter.
- Step 4: on the next screen, select the option to read FAT32 by pressing Enter and select Other, press Enter again.
- Step 5. At the next stage, you will be offered 2 options to choose from: Free or All. Select All if you only need to recover deleted files. However, if you are convinced that the memory card has been damaged, select All.
- Step 6. At this stage, you will be asked to choose where you want to save the recovered files. You can create a new folder on your desktop or save pictures in the Pictures folder, for example. Use the navigation keys to select an option from the list, then press the C key to confirm. Photorec will begin the process of re-creating the deleted information on the specified media.
Depending on how many files are stored on the memory card, the process of finding deleted files can take a certain and very long time. Photorec allows you to return 168 photos from a digital camera of a memory card, and this operation takes a quarter of an hour. The application provides the time until completion, and in real time shows the list, number and types of found files that disappeared on the storage source, that is, sd memory card.
Step 2. Recover contacts from iPhone
Scanning deleted contacts, SMS messages may take a few seconds. You can view the contents of the iTunes backup file in detail. The data presented as a result of scanning is available in a clear, organized order and in original quality (which is especially important for deleted photos and other multimedia files). You can view all data in the scan result. However, except for files.
To recover contacts, check the box next to the “Contacts” section and click the “Recover” button. The same applies to restoring SMS messages. After that, you will successfully save the contents of the backup to your computer. If necessary, you can also mark messages, photos, notes and other data in order to recover them.
In the scan results, you can see the existing backup and deleted SMS, photos, contacts from your iPhone. These are all shown in different colors. You can separate deleted and existing data by clicking the “Show deleted only” button.
How to Recover Photos on iPhone
With the release of iOS 8, Apple has made iPhone photo recovery more human. You need to follow the steps below to get your disappeared, erased files back. So, how to recover deleted photos from iPhone?
- Step 1. Go to the iPhone Photos app, click on the album on the bottom bar.
- Step 2. Scroll down the list and click the Recently Deleted button. As the name implies, here you can find an album or recently deleted photos and.
- Step 3. Having found missing, erased pictures, photos, images, just click on a separate file and click the Restore button on the photo album or Delete if you want to delete the item permanently.
The “Recently Deleted” section only shows photos that have been deleted in the last 30 days. After this time, the information is destroyed without a trace and it is not possible to restore photos on the iPhone.