Where are Windows parameters on a computer. Through the Start menu
Where to see the characteristics of a computer or laptop
I was always interested to sign in the characteristics of my computer, even in those in which I did not understand anything. It was interesting to test, “drive a computer”. Why? The goals can be different: to verify the components of a computer with the source list, download the right drivers or to sell a computer. In this article I will analyze three simple ways.
The built.in utility is called “Information about the system”. We go to the Start menu. All programs. Standard. Service. System information “. Or we just write in the line of searching the Start menu: “Information” and also launch the program.
Here you can learn only the basic information about the iron, such as the model of the motherboard, the processor type, the BIOS version, the amount of RAM and some others. If you walk along the “tree”, then you can find even more subtle characteristics of the computer.
For example, in the “Components” section there is information about the CD/DVD drive, sound card, which video card is installed (“display”). But in general, this tool is very beloved and is intended for technical specialists for debugging computer. I recommend using it if there was nothing better at hand.
Without detailed characteristics, but much more convenient, the list of devices can be viewed in the “Device Manager”. To open it, just click the combination of “Win Pace”. In Windows XP, it will open immediately, and in Windows 7/10 the “System” window will first open, in which you can immediately see which processor is installed and how much RAM. From here we launch the device manager.
Or open it from the control panel. Here you can already see which devices are installed on the computer: sound chip, video card, network card, a stable disk model, optical drive drive, monitor and others.
Open the Windows Parameters menu
First of all, you need to visit the Windows Parameters, where the sections we need are located. This is done at once in several ways:
With the help of all the well.known menu “Start”. Click on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen, or click on the Win key. Then open the “Parameters” window.
In the system search located in the “Particular Panel”, we introduce the “parameters” and cross the corresponding column
Click the right mouse key to the Start menu icon, and in the context menu opened, click the parameters item
How to open system properties
The “System Properties” section provides some information about the configuration of your PC (information on CPU and RAM), indicates the version of the operating system, the discharge of the system and some other data. What does he look like:
There are several ways to discover the “properties of the system”:
Use “Start” by pressing the icon in the lower left edge of the screen.
Step 2.Click on the “parameters” that are immediately above the count “completion of work”.
In the “Parameters” appendix, go to the tile with the name “SISTEM”.
We are interested in the “On System” tab at the end of the list, click on it.
Finally the last step. click on the text “Information about the system”.
How to open the properties of the system in Windows 10 and 7 launch methods
Windows 10 operating system has wide functionality, many options that are not in previous versions of programs. In order to find out what capabilities the “dozen” has, the user needs to open the properties of the OS. Also, information about its parameters is required in cases of installation of applications, PC games, replacement or installation of drivers. We will learn how to see the properties of the Windows 10 system using built.in tools and downloaded utilities.
Using built.in tools, the user can see complete or compressed information about the device and the operating system. There are several main techniques to open a section with parameters. Studying data will help configure the gadget and the work of the OS at the discretion of the user.
Through the control panel
In previous versions of Windows, the “Parameters” tool was absent, all operations were performed by users through the control panel. In the “top ten”, the developers of Microsoft introduced the parameters application, but at the same time left the usual software.
In order to open the appropriate window to view information about the system, you will need to follow the instructions:
- You can use the second way by using the Start menu. In it, press the “All applications” line, then slip on the “Office-Windows” subsection, click the “control panel”.
In the window that appears, the user can view all the data about the system, find out information about the computer that will help to perform the appropriate settings.
In the device manager
This is a specialized monitoring service for connected hardware components of digital equipment. Using the tool, the user can connect or turn off individual devices.
The service allows you to check the operation of the PC, its individual elements, to get data for each individual device.
To open the dule, you need to follow the step.by.step instructions:
- You can launch the utility in the second way using the window “Perform”. To do this, you need to call it using hot keys: “win r”, then enter into a line: Devmgmt.MSC. Click “Enter”.
After that, the window will open with sections where the user can enter the object of interest to study information.
Through the window “Parameters“
In the latest version of Winda, the developers have introduced “parameters”, which is a computer data library.
- Quick way to get to the section. through the start. Open it by pressing the corresponding icon on the panel or using the Win button on the keyboard.
- The field with the main configurations of the device will open. Press the gear icon next to the “Turn off” button.
So the user can familiarize himself with the PC characteristics through “parameters”.
In DirectX diagnostics
It is a small systemic software that provides information about multimedia components, equipment and drivers installed on the computer. The tool helps to identify problems in the work of the components, to solve the problem.
You can use the DX diagnostics tool by performing the following:
A system utility window with tabs will be displayed on the screen, which contains detailed information about the PC and the system. The “Save all Information” button allows you to copy and save the information into a separate file.
We use the task manager
Initially, the system program served to monitor active processes. The “top ten” contains a lot of useful information for the user about the system, components of PC.
To open the window to view the information, you need to perform step by step the following points:
By going to the “Productivity” tab, in the menu that the user opened, the user will be able to find information about the speed of the processor, the number of nuclei, the volume of the cache. Also, information about the processor’s workload will be displayed here.
In the “Memory” tab, the user’s characteristics of RAM are available: volume, speed and other parameters. In the “disk” block, information on the capacity of hard drives is indicated. The Graphic Processor tab contains data on the common and RAM, the version of the installed driver, dx.
The method is applied when the task of issuing information about a particular device, system components, utilities is set. The team is available in all versions of the operating room, is called “Information about the system”.
You can open the corresponding window according to the following scheme:
Forter utilities will help to study in detail the technical characteristics of the computer. Let us consider in more detail the most common of them.
The multifunctional utility spreads on a paid basis, but there is a trial period. Using the program, you can conduct stress tests that are useful for installing “heavy” applications and games. The utility also allows you to see the main characteristics of the gadget. This will need:
After starting the program, the user will see the main menu with categories. Having entered each of them, the user can read in more detail with the corresponding characteristics of the subcategory.
The application is characterized by a simple integration, it works on a free basis. Shows the performance of PC and its components, as well as the characteristics of the system.
To use the service, just fulfill the following:
- Download software from the official website of the developer.
- Put a marker next to the clause of the user conditions.
- Click on the “Next” button.
After starting the user, the user will open a window with tabs where you can see information about the processor, cache, motherboard and other PC components.
Small software to clean the gadget from all kinds of garbage. After launch, shows information about the OS and the PC characteristics. In addition to the main parameters, the application displays the temperature indicators of the processor, video card.
Step.by.step instructions for working with the product:
After installing and starting software, the user can view information about the operating room and device.
You can see the system information about the computer and its components if you use one of the proposed methods. The user can choose any option, depending on whether detailed or brief information is required for it. Detailed data show “System Information”, DX diagnostics and third.party programs.
How on Windows 10 you can open additional system parameters, 6 ways
Windows operating system is quite voluminous, covers different areas of settings. Many users do not know about most of the additional functions. It will be useful for some to find out how to open an additional parameters of the operating system on Windows 10. Settings will allow you to use new opportunities, accelerate the operation of some processes.
There are several main techniques that allow you to open a section with additional parameters of the Windows operating system. Studying new opportunities will allow you to configure a personal computer (stationary or laptop) for a specific user.
Attention! It is important to clarify the version of the operating room. most of the ways work for updates of types 1607, 1709, 1809 and above.
To find out this information, you must go through the following way:
- select the section “Parameters” (a technical wheel will be depicted nearby);
- Find the “System” tab, the subsection “On the System” (the lower point of the list of technical data located on the left side of the open chapter).
In the window that opened on the right there will be information about the system parameters of a particular personal device. In the “Windows Characteristics” section, the “version” item indicates which operating room the current. Depending on the data obtained, it is necessary to choose the way to open parameters. You can try different access techniques to find the right.
Parameters are a library of the operating system of a particular device. A quick way to open the necessary section is through the start menu, which can open in several ways:
An additional field will open, which contains the main components of the PC configuration. On the left side, next to the “Turn off” button is the gear icon. this is the section Parameters. In the new window on the upper block there is a search line where the desired data should be entered.
Attention! To obtain information, it is enough to start introducing the word “additional”. The system will begin to offer sections options, one of which concerns the desired parameters.
System entrance window
To go to the desired section through the entrance window to the operating system, you must follow a certain instructions:
- turn on the device, stop at the stage of loading the greeting screen;
- Click on the power button (in the right lower part of the display), while pressing “Shift”;
- The context menu will open, leaving the “Shift” button on, select the “Reload” item;
This section will display a tab of the necessary data. It is enough to click on the desired line with the left mouse key.
The way to open the section of the necessary parameters through the Starting menu is similar to the first way. through the parameters item. It is important to go on behalf of the administrator in order to perform the necessary system settings. If you use other accounts when choosing download options, you can only change the data in this profile.
Through manually created shortcut
Right key, click on an empty place on the desktop, open the context menu. Select sequentially the points “Create”, “shortcut”. In the opened field, enter %Windir %\ System32 \ Shutdown.EXE.r.O.f.T 0. The new badge is given a name. After that, the tool can be used to change these applications.
Using the utility to perform
If the Windows on the device is installed taking into account the UEFI mode, it is permissible to use the following method:
With an open window work in standard mode. Before introducing changes, it is important to make sure that the negative consequences for PC programs will not appear.
Windows 10 installer
When using the installer, a separate disk (flash drive, hard) is usually used). At the beginning of the process, a window opens, where, instead of the “Install” button, you need to select “Restoration of the System” (located in the lower left). The operating system will launch the system with additional parameters.
There are several versions and configurations of Windows operating rooms that are constantly updated (except for those that are no longer supported). This means that internal paths and settings are different. Therefore, some methods may not work.
Additional parameters allow you to improve a specific device, configure its work for a separate user. You can set new data yourself if you go to the corresponding PC section.
In what cases may information be required about the characteristics of the computer with Windows 7 OS
The need to clarify the parameters of the computer may arise in various situations. Most often, users are faced with this issue when installing software and utilities. Each program has minimal system requirements that the user makes on the computer. If the PC characteristics do not correspond to the specified data, then the program will not start or will work poorly. In the case of the launch of gaming applications on devices, the characteristics of which do not meet even the minimum requirements, delays in displaying the video (“freezing”) are possible.
Systemic requirements of the installed application to PC
They also face this issue when updating drivers for components of a computer. Each supplier of parts regularly produces new drivers for its products. a unique software that synchronizes the operation of the devices. Drivers exist for all types of components from the motherboard and, ending with a sound card. If the user does not monitor updates, then sooner or later it will encounter a problem connected, for example, in the absence of sound (if the drivers for a sound card have not been updated) and others).
It should be noted that if your PC has a video card from NVIDIA, and you install the software from AMD, then the graphic adapter will not work. Install only those drivers that the manufacturer of your details produces.
At least a similar question arises when modernizing a personal computer. This is due to the fact that almost all components have their own characteristics. For example, the motherboard has its own socket (connector for the central processor) and a limited amount of RAM.
If you decide to replace the CP on a computer whose socket will not correspond to the motherboard connector, you simply cannot install the part inside the PC. RAM strips also have an individual standard. DDR. If the system supports only the DDR-3 standard, then you need to buy just such planks. Otherwise you will not be able to install them, since the connectors in all standards differ.
Among all PC details, only a video card and a power supply do not have such “features”.
You need to know the characteristics of a personal computer if you need to achieve the greatest PC performance. It is achieved at the expense of correctly selected components. As an example, you can cite a pair: the central processor from Intel and the NVIDIA video card, which give out good performance indicators. If you have a priority precisely the performance, then it is better to look at special tables on the Internet, which shows the processors and suitable video cards.
Where to see PC or laptop parameters
The Windows 7 operating system has all the necessary tools so that the user can get relevant information about the characteristics of the computer.
Device system and dispatcher
The easiest way is to use the “System” option. This is necessary:
Open the “Start” menu and enter the phrase “System” in the search bar;
View information about the computer through “System”
After clicking, the window opens, which displays relevant information about the configuration of the user’s computer. Here you can see the overall assessment of the system, the name and model of the central processor, its clock frequency, the amount of RAM and find out the discharge of the operating system used.
If this will not be enough for you, then click on the menu on the left on the “Device Manager” button. A window will be displayed with all components installed on the computer. Here information will be presented only about the model of installed devices.
View PC characteristics via “Device Manager”
How to find out using the “Information about the system” application
This is a unique, very convenient and informative application built into the Windows 7 operating system itself. It will be required to launch:
Open the Start menu and enter the phrase msinfo32 in the search bar;
In the “start” in the search bar we write msinfo and launch the utility
Here is information about the characteristics of PC
Thanks to sections, users can quickly view all the information about the components of the personal computer and about the operating system itself: the device processor, RAM, operating system, user, network, etc.
We open the characteristics through the command line
The command line is a standard tool for any Microsoft operating system and has wide possibilities, including the built.in viewing function of current data characteristics. To view the user will need:
We open the command of the line through the rights of the administrator
View characteristics through the command line
The command line is not the most convenient, but allows you to get the desired result. Information will be displayed here: about the version of the integrated BIOS environment, the operating system, the volume of physical and virtual memory, and other parameters.
How to check the properties of DirectX diagnostics
This method will allow users to find out not only the general information about the operating system, its discharge, as well as the capacity of the processor, but also clarify the multimedia capabilities of the PC used. To start the application, the user needs:
Open the Start menu and enter the DXDIAG phrase in the search bar;
Indicate in the DXDIAG search field and launch the utility
DirectX system diagnostic display window
Windows 10 Start Menu Full Screen Disable / Enable
Several tabs will be presented in the window: “system”, “screen”, “sound” and “input”. Each of them will display information about the components of the computer, the most important information about them (versions, model, memory, frequency, etc.). You just need to wait for the completion of the scan procedure.
Sometimes the capabilities of system programs are not enough. For example, in cases where a central processor or video card is overheated, it is necessary to track the performance of the cooling system, that is, to find out the temperature of the devices. Despite all the possibilities of systemic utilities, they do not provide such data, then third.party applications can be taken to “weapons”.
The program is a good analogue AIDA and provides the same extensive functionality. With its help, users can view information about all the parameters of a personal computer: a central processor, RAM, a video card, a system board, the installed version of the operating system and much more. The application intensity is simple and understandable even for a novice PC user. You just need to start the application, after which you can view all the data using sections in the menu on the left.
Speccy to view computer characteristics
The key feature of the program can be called that it is portable, that is, it is not necessary to install it. Thus, you can collect information from computers even using a USB flash drive, which may be relevant for system administrators.
AIDA64 (before EVEREST)
The utility has a rather great functionality. Immediately after installing and starting the programs, PC scanning. The user can see relevant and important information about all the details of the computer, including the volume of operational or video memory, manufacturers, processor models, clock frequency and even cooling system.
In the “Computer” section, the user can view the general information about the system: find out the version of the installed OS, DirectX, general information about the central processor of the device, the video card and other PC elements. For more detailed information, you can choose the corresponding sections in the menu located on the left. In addition to the fact that the utility allows you to find out everything about the characteristics of the computer, with its help you can test the system, including allows you to run stress. tests. Thanks to this function, the user gets the opportunity to test the stability of the device, identify and eliminate problems.
How to open “parameters” in Windows 10?
A new section is called “Parameters” in Windows 10. In many ways, it resembles a control panel, only has access to a much larger number of all kinds of functions. In this article we will tell you how to open the section “Parameters” if you do not know this yet. There will be several ways to use. you decide, they are all quite simple.
Press the “Start” menu button with the left mouse key, then click on the gear.
See in front of you Windows Parameters window.
Find the “Computer” icon on the desktop and click on it twice LKM.
Here, click on the “Computer” button, and then. “Open the parameters”.
This option is suitable if the “Start” menu does not work.
Methods for current versions of Windows 10 (from version 20H2)
Properties in the computer
A pretty simple way. Open “this computer” (“my computer”), and click on the right button on anyway. In the context menu that appears, select the “Properties” item. After that, the “old” properties of the system will open.
Use the command to execute
We pinch the keys win r alternately. And enter the Shell command and click OK. The “old” properties of the system will open.
Methods for old versions of Windows 10 (to version 20H2)
Hot keys for the properties of the system
One of the old combinations of hot keys, with which you can easily open the “properties of the system” using only the keyboard. These are Win Pace Break buttons.
System properties through the context menu “Computer”
If you have a “this computer” icon on your desktop, then you need to click on it with the right mouse button, and select “Properties”. So the “properties of the system” will open.
System properties through perform
Press the Win R buttons. and enter the SYSDM command.CPL. And click “OK”.
System properties in the Start menu
If the “system” is in the search or in the menu, then the results will be the systems called “system” in the results.
System properties in the control panel
As in old versions of Windows, you can open the properties of the system through the control panel. For this, it is simple enough:
You can go to the control panel for any of the methods described in this article.
Was this article useful to you?
What to do if MSCONFIG does not start
Typically, the configuration utility is caused when you need to adjust the list of automatically uploaded programs. You can activate the module from the desktop by going into the start. If System Configuration does not start, then there is a problem or a certain component that prevents the regular load of this console. First you need to figure out what exactly caused the problem. If the utility does not start, then a message appears in which the error code is indicated.
The configuration of the system cannot be opened for such reasons:
Reason 1. Damaged the integrity of system files. If the tools necessary for proper operation and start the utility are damaged, then it will not start. True, the user can cause a special program that allows you to restore system files. Method of restoration “Msconfig”:
- The scanning and restoration procedure of system files will start;
- After the verification is finished, you need to: 1) reboot the PC and try to call msconfig, 2) load the OS from the installation flash drive.
Reason 2. Because of the viral attack. If the configuration module does not start due to viruses, then you need to conduct antivirus scan PC. The user can use any antivirus installed on his computer (for example, Avast or 360 Total Security). Before checking the OS, it is advisable to update the antivirus program.
Reason 3. After antivirus scanning. “Configuration” may not start after checking the OS for viruses. Some antiviruses are able to disable this utility. True, the recovery procedure helps to correct the problem situation.
Reason 4. Due to unnecessary parameters. Sometimes the module does not start due to the presence of unnecessary parameters in the editor of the Windows Register. It will be possible to fix this problem with the means of the system. How to remove extra parameters:
Reason 5. Due to restriction of access rights. To launch the utility, you may need activation of tools (for example, command line) on administrator. Sometimes you need to log in to the OS under the administrator account.
Important! It will be possible to solve the problem with the activation of the configuration module if you run the Win 10 OS in safe mode. To do this, you need an installation flash drive with ISO-image. When loading, you need to activate the “Restoration of the System” and “Turn on safe mode” option.
I was already offered in the DNS service to bring them a completely computer for verification. They said that it looks like a power supply. For some reason it seems to me that the RAM is not compatible with the board. On the manufacturer’s website, it is suitable for AMD B 550 and AMD X 550 episodes and plus inters. And I have AMD X 470. plus in the game when you start for PVP mode. Well, on an example, 16 players on the “blitz” and at the beginning of the game players were without weapons at the beginning of the game. then without a head. t.e. Gradually loaded. Further during the game everything is normal. But it happened and for example, when reloading the machine, the picture hung up or if you turn the game. Turn on music and open the game back. then we get a black screen and that’s it. The player shoots there. they kill me but I have no picture and had to completely reboot.
Good evening. I have “kit” RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V [F4-3600C16D-16GVK] 16 GB. Two strips of 8 GB. In CPU-Z shows correctly. in slots and 1 and 3 empty. And in 2 and 4 to 8 GB g.Skill memory samsung. Singl Rann. Maybe all the same in the board. somewhere the power is plucked and the stupid is happening on this.
Hmm, in this case I have a stock of ideas. If the problem is still solved, you can, please, indicate the decision in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев? At least this will help other users who have encountered a similar problem.
And further. I purchased the RAM at the CNC. There are “reviews” and “communicator. Discussion “. So in the discussions I was advised to test the ranger. I downloaded Memtest86 and drove each dick for four hours (inserted in 2 slot). RAM in order the test was without errors.
Hmm, I’m confused. In the symptoms, it feels that the strips of different volumes are connected. Please check how the RAM slots recognize CPU-Z (there in the SPD section you can check the characteristics of the dick in each slot separately. If my theory is true and there are different dies, then try to connect the same dies in even slots. That is, two dies are better to connect in 1 and 3 slots. If your processor supports two.channel reading, then it will be easier for him to recognize the RAM. In fact, if this does not help, then let’s hope that CPU-Z will shed light on this problem.
How to see the parameters of your computer using built.in means
You can get information about the computer and “Operation” using the built.in means “Windows”. The choice of service depends on what information you need: compressed or detailed.
Customize Windows 10 “Life At A Glance” Start Menu
Through the “control panel”
In all versions of the OS there is a special window, which contains the main information about the current PC. If you do not need detailed data, open it as follows and read the information:
- Just hold on the keyboard two Win and Pace/Break keys. The desired system window should immediately appear on the display. If the combination of buttons did not work, click on the right mouse key on the “This computer” icon, which is located on the “desktop” and select the last line “Properties”. In the context menu, the label “This computer” click on the line “Properties”
- You can do a longer way. start the window through the “control panel”. Squeeze Win and R, and in a small window to “perform” print the English word CONTROL. Click on OK right there, you can also click on Enter to run the command. Write the Control command and click on Enter
- Set the viewing mode of the sections “Large icons” in the upper right corner. Find the link “System” and follow it. On the “control panel” find the “system” block and open it
- In the window with the information there are data on the processor, RAM, the discharge of the system, the release of “Windows” and another. In the window you will see compressed information about the system and PC
In the “Device Manager”
If you need more detailed information about hardware components PC (for example, the name of the video card), go to the Device Manager System Window. The data will be provided that you have drivers for the processor, video card, network card and other “spare parts” of the device. If you have not installed drivers for certain parts of PC, they will be displayed as unknown devices. How to open the dispatcher, we will tell in the instructions:
- The dispatcher starts in many ways. There is a link to it already in the “System” unit, which we opened in the previous section through the “control panel”. On the panel, by the way, there is also a link to it. For “dozens”, a faster method is also available: click the right mouse key according to the Start menu, and then select the dispatcher in the list. Click on the line “Device Manager” in the “Start” context menu
- The last way we will talk about. Devmgmt code.MSC on the “Perform” panel. Click on Win and R and enter the command in the “Open” line, and then execute it. Insert the DEVMGMT command into an empty line.MSC and click on OK
- In the list of hardware components, select a section that interests you and a double click. Expand it. Look at the names of the models of components, which indicate the main characteristics and the manufacturer. Look at the names of the models of the hardware parts of your PC
Through the window “Parameters”
A new window “Windows” parameters appeared in the “top ten”, in which, just as in the “control panel”, you can configure the “operating room”. In this window there is a block with the same brief information about OS and PC itself:
- Click on two Win and I buttons at once. this is the fastest way to call a window with parameters. If nothing appears on the screen, open the “Start” system menu and click there along the gear icon, which is located directly above the PC icon to turn off. Click on the gear icon in the “Start” menu
- On the panel with parameters, open the first tile with the name “System”. In the “Parameters”, Expand the first section “System”
- Scroll the left column with the names of the tabs to the very bottom. click on the “On System” unit. First you will see information on how PC protection works, and then data about the computer itself. Switch immediately to the “On System” section
- Get down a little more and get acquainted with the information about the “operating room”. At the end of the page you can see basic information about your OS
In DirectX diagnostics
DirectX is an important component of the system that is necessary for the work of games and other 3D applications. The built.in program “Diagnet Diagnostics” allows you to identify problems with the component, as well as familiarize yourself with the main characteristics of the “spare parts” PC:
- Expand on the display the “Perform” panel using a combination of Win R. Copy and then insert the DXDIAG code. click on the “Enter” or on OK in the window. Insert the DXDIAG command into the empty field and execute it
- A window diagnostic window will appear on the screen. The first tab has data on the version of “Windows”, a processor, PC manufacturer, swinging file, memory of the BIOS firmware, version of DirectX and other useful information. Using the “Save All Information” button, you can create a separate file with all the data on the system and PC. In the System tab is the basic information about PC and OS
- Go to the second tab at the top or click on the “next page” key at the bottom of the window. The “screen” section, the “device” menu shows the characteristics of the video card. In the “screen” tab, you will find the characteristics of the video card
- In the “converter” block, there may also be information about the video adapter, but about another if you have two hardware components for showing a video. If you have another video card, you can see the information about it in the “Preverter” section
- In the “Sound” tab, read the characteristics of your sound card. In the “Sound” section, data on the sound card are available
We use the “Task Manager”
In the “Tasks Manager” you can not only turn off unnecessary programs of the programs, but also find out the characteristics of the main hardware components of your PC: processor, RAM, hard drive, video card. To open a system window with information, take steps:
- In Windows 10 you can run the “Task Dispatch” through the “Task Panel”. we click on it with the right mouse key (only select a place free of program icons) and select the desired item in the menu. Call the context menu “Task Panels” with the right mouse key and select “Task Dispatcher”
- If it does not work through the “taskbar”, use the classic method: clamp the Ctrl Alt Delete and click on the dispatcher in the blue menu. In the service window, we immediately go to the second tab “performance”.
- Another method. the TASKMGR team in the already familiar window “Perform”. call it through Win and R and perform the command there. You can call the “Task Manager” using the TASKMGR command in the “Perform” window
- In the first tab, you will see the indicators of the base speed of the processor, the number of nuclei and logical processors, the size of the cache. You can also see the current workload of your CP. The section “CPU” indicates the number of nuclei, speed and other information about the processor
- In the second tab “Memory” there are information about “RAM” (RAM): its volume, speed, memory volume for the hardware, the number of nests, how many megabytes are in the cache and so on. In the section “Memory” there is information about RAM
- The “Disk” section shows the capacity of hard drives on PC. The “disk” gives information about the volume of the hard disk and its workload at the moment
- In the “Graphic Processor” tab, read the characteristics of the graphic processor (video card): common memory, RAM, version of the current driver and DirectX. GPU tab will show you video card data
Useful utilities to view computer parameters
Most standard services reveal a meager list of PC characteristics. only the main. If you do not have enough information even in the “System Information” window, download and install a special utility that will display the missing details on the screen. Consider work in the most popular third.party applications of this type.
CPU-Z: a utility with the possibility of testing CPU and with an integration in English
CPU-Z is a simple utility for viewing the technical characteristics of PC from CPUID: RAM, video card, processor, motherboard. Let’s talk about her strengths:
- works for free;
- Suitable for all Windows options since version 98;
- produced for smartphones based on Android;
- shows the performance of the components after starting the test;
- monitoring the functional components of PC to maintain their working condition;
- quickly displays characteristics on the screen (they are structured).
The main significant minus of the utility is that it does not show information about the hard disk. The program also does not disperse the processor (this option is included in many other competing programs).
The CPU-Z program does not have an official Russian version, so it is suitable only for users who own English
On the official resource, you can download only English or Chinese version of the program. The Russian.speaking version can only be found on third.party resources, where other users can download an installer with a translated integer on the network. However, if you decide to load an unofficial utility, be very careful so as not to download the virus with the application. We will consider loading and using only the official version:
- Switch to this official site. Download the installer of the program (it weighs a little more than 1.5 MB). click on the Setup English button. Download the English version of the program. click on the first button on the left Setup English
- On the next page, click on download. Open the file. Run the file download using the Download button
- Agree with the conditions of use of the utility. put the mark to the left of the i Accept The Agreement and click on Next. Select a folder for the program if necessary and install it by clicking on Install. Accept the terms of the agreement and click on Next
- Launch the utility integration double click on the label on the “desktop”. Wait for the program to collect all the information about your device. We are waiting for the utility to receive all the data about your PC
- In the first tab, you will immediately see information about the processor, the frequency of nuclei (section Clocks Core), cache CPhe (Cache). In the CPU tab is information about the processor
- In the second Cache tab, detailed data on different levels of the cache (size, descripter) are displayed. In the Cache section you will find cache data, for example, the size for different levels
- In the Mainboard section, learn about the characteristics of the motherboard of your PC: manufacturer, model, microcircuit data, BIOS version. Mainboard available information on the motherboard
- In the Memory tab, read the description of “RAM”: size, type, frequency. Memory contains the necessary data on RAM
- In the Graphics block, study the technical characteristics of your video card, if, for example, you need to decide, some kind of “cool” toy for your PC is suitable. Graphics has information on the video card
- In the Bench section, if necessary, conduct the CPU CPU test (Bench CPU) or stress resistance (Stress CPU). The test will be made in single.core and multi.core modes. In Bench you can test your processor
SPECSY: Russian integration and temperature of hardware parts
Speccy is a product from a British developer called Pirform: less known compared to CCleaner, but the same useful. A free utility is able to get information regarding all hardware and software components of your computer: from the processor and hard drives to the network and sound devices. The application shows the temperature of some components. At the same time, in the program itself, you can change the language of the Inte Wee, for example, on Russian.
It is convenient to work in the Speccy program because its integration is translated into Russian
The utility allows you to save information about PC in a separate text document or to the XML format file. The option of fast printing on the printer without saving the file is also available. Another plus of the program. it displays the processes of utilities that use the Internet on PC.
In the “File” menu, you can save information about the PC components in a special text document
Perhaps the only minus of this program is that during installation you may be installed by installation of additional software, for example, optimizer. This installation can be abandoned.
The developer offers a choice of ordinary and portable versions. The latter differs in that it does not need to be installed on PC. just start the file downloaded from the official resource. Let’s tell you how to download a portable option and use it:
- We go to the official Piriform page and CCleaner programs. Click on the green download button under the version of Portable. Click on the second green key download
- We are waiting for the start of loading. If it did not start automatically, click on Start Download. Click on Start Download, if the load has not yet begun
- Open the loaded archive through the “loading” panel. Run the archive through the loading panel
- Launch one of two executable files. Prefix 64 means that this version for the 64-bit system. Open the Speccy application file in the archive
- Immediately change the tongue in the settings, as it is initially worth English. We click on View, and in the menu we select Options. Click on the Options item in View menu
- In the drop.down menu for the tongue, click on Russian and keep changes. In the Language menu, click on Russian
- We return to the utility. In the first section, you will see a squeeze from all information available in this program. general information about the processor, system, video card, RAM, etc. D. The section with general information contains basic data on the system and PC
- The second tab contains the detailed characteristics of the “Operations”, as well as its settings, including the power profile, the state of protection, the current charge of the battery, the Internet Explorer version and much more. In the second tab you will see detailed information about your OS
- In the Central Processor you can familiarize yourself with the details: the number of core nuclei, the volume of the processor cache, the frequency of the nucleus and tire, temperature and much more. If you need data regarding CP, go right into the third tab
- In “RAM”, some information on RAM is available: type, volume, time of circulation, etc. In the data on RAM, you will find the type of “RAM”, its volume, virtual memory capacity and other
- In the “System board” section there is compressed information on the motherboard, including BIOS: version, brand, manufacturer and more. The “System Coopmate” contains some information about the motherboard and BIOS
- The section “Graphic devices” combines information about the monitor (name, resolution, depth of color, etc. D.), as well as data on the installed video cards. In this case, it is Intel HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA GeForce 940M. In “Graphic devices” information about the display of PC and video cards is stored
- In the “Storage of Data” tab, you can familiarize yourself with both the characteristics of hard drives, and with the statistics of their work (error frequency when reading, search speed and other) along with the assessment of the state. In the “Storage” tab, you can see an assessment of the work of your hard disk
- In “optical drives” you will learn about the features of your DVD drive: capabilities, type of carrier, accessibility of the drive at the moment. The section “Optical drives” stores DVD drive data
- In “Sound devices”, of course, there is information about the sound card, but here it is very scarce. only the names of the components. In “Sound devices” there are only some data on the sound card
- In “Peripheral Devices” you will find data about the mouse, keyboard, printer. If you need to find out anything about the devices that are now connected to the PC (mouse, keyboard, etc. D.), go to the “Peripheral Devices” section
- In the last “Network” tab, information is available on the current Internet connection, as well as on network adapters and their settings (IP addresses, DNS server and much more). The network contains data on network adapters