When connecting a USB printer, the device is not identified. Conclusion
The computer does not see the printer via USB: how to fix it?
There can be many reasons, starting with an unusable cable and ending with a failure in the operating system. Consider the common problems and options for solving them. from simple to complex.
Sometimes a computer or laptop does not see a printer via USB due to a malfunction of the cable or port, as well as due to poor connection.
- Turn off the device cable on both sides, and then connect again.
- Check if the USB connector is working. Try to connect another device through it: for example, a keyboard or a mouse.
- Try connecting the printer to another USB.
- If possible, replace the cable.
Make sure the printer is turned on. In some devices, the power button is located on the rear panel or side, and users simply forget to press it. Sometimes the computer does not see the printer through the USB due to such trifles, and the solution of the issue takes literally one minute.
Check which equipment is used to print by default. To do this, go to the control panel, then to “Equipment and Sound”. “View devices and printers”. Click on the printer icon with a right button and select the option “Use by default”. In some cases, this is enough for the device to work correctly.
If the problem has not been solved, click on the equipment icon twice, in the window that opens, select the Printer tab and remove the checkboxes in the “Put the Seal” and “Work Autonomously”. Also click on “Clean the Print turn”.
If this did not help, go to the control panel, select the “Small Bades” item in the “View” menu, go to the “Administration” tab and open the “Services”. In the window that appears, you need to find the “Print Manager” service and install an automatic launch type.
If the service is stopped, also click on the “run” button, and then send a test page to print.
USB is not identified
Updated: 14.04.2019 published: 2016 or earlier
When connecting a USB device (flash drive, external hard drive, printer, phone, mouse, keyboard, gamepad, and so on), an error “USB device is not identified” is given to the computer or just nothing happens. Also, the device may not work with code 43 (in the device manager you can see “Standard USB host control code 43”).
This message may appear when connecting the device or popping up constantly.
Check the device itself
If there is another computer at hand, try to connect the device to it. If it also does not work on another computer, most likely the matter is the malfunction of the device itself. Also, a sign of the problem may be the absence of a characteristic sound signal when connecting the device.
Connect the device to the rear panel of the computer
It happens that the device does not work correctly when connecting to the front connector. This can happen due to problems with the internal wire that goes from the front connector to the motherboard. Also on the front connectors a little worse than the power supply characteristics. this can be critical for the device itself. The same problems are fair if our USB device is connected to a USB hub.
We try to remove our device from the front connector or hub and connect it to the connector on the rear panel of the computer.
Installation of the driver
Click with the right button for launch. select the device manager (you can also enter the DEVMGMT command.MSC).
Brother l2520d printer usb device not recognized hindi
We find our device that does not work. opposite it can be an exclamation mark:
It can also be Unknown Device or a device that works normally for all signs.
Click on the device with the right mouse button and select remove the device. After rebooting the computer.
If this did not help, we try to reinstall the driver. To do this, you can download the driver from the equipment manufacturer’s website, install it by identifier or use a special program, for example, Driverhub.
Installation of the driver for the motherboard (chipset)
USB controllers are directly related to the motherboard and problems with the chipset driver can affect the normal operation of USB devices. The most correct option in this case, download the latest version of the driver for the chipset on the site of the motherboard manufacturer. If we do not know the model of the latter, we will use the article how to find out the model of the motherboard.
After reinstalling this driver, we reboot the computer. If the solution did not help, we try to reinstall the driver for the USB device itself.
We set up a power supply circuit (Windows 8 and above)
In the Windows control panel, we open the settings of the power supply circuit. a change in the parameters of the circuit (you can also use the search by the “Nutrition” phrase). We follow the link to change the additional power parameters. Open the USB parameters group. Then the temporary shutdown parameter of the USB port and transfer it to the position:
Installing Windows updates
We try to update the operating system by installing all the proposed updates. they may contain corrections that will help solve the problem. For Windows 7, you can go to the page of the knowledge base 976972 from Microsoft and download the update for your version of Windows (32 or 64 bits).
After installing updates, reboot the computer.
We go to BIOS (when loading a computer, clamp the key Del or F2). We go to the tab Advanced, Then the item USB Configuration And there we find sections dedicated to USB settings. Depending on the BIOS version, these points may look different, but these differences are not large. You must find something like this:
Check what values for USB 2.0 Controller and/or Legacy USB Support are on Enabled and check our device;
If the above methods have not helped, you can go to 2 extreme methods for solving the problem.
Minus-it will cost additional money and there should be free ports PCI/PCI-E in the computer. Plus. a high chance of solving the problem.
b) the second option. reinstall the operating system. You can save on this option, but in this way the problem is not always solved, for example, if the controller on the motherboard has burned down.
We correct the error
These methods will mainly help for connecting flash drives or hard drives on USB 2.0 or 3.0. Problems with a broken cable or physical breakdown in this section are not solved. I first recommend diagnosing your device on another computer.
I try to list all the current ways below, what to make solutions to this problem. Something you will succeed, something. We try, do it, do not know.
If you got an error for the first time, we try banal methods based on a physical connection:
- Connect the device to another USB port. Especially if you initially connected to the front ports, connect to the rear. on the front ports you may lack power. This is an old famous problem. And even more so if you use bakers, it is better to connect directly.
- Disconnect temporarily another unnecessary USB equipment. like a webcam, microphones, printers, scanners. Try connecting without them.
- Now in fashion for the nature of different ports. USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, which are outwardly identical and, in fact, are back compatible. But in some cases it still doesn’t work. If you have different versions of the ports, we try to poke in all.
- Reboot the computer-yes, for some reason, many are shy about just rebooting.
Trite? Yes. But 95% of cases these four steps calmly close. If it did not help, I recommend connecting the same device to another computer or laptop. will it work at all? So it can be determined that the problem is specifically in a computer gland or depends exclusively on the software (usually drivers, updates).
Not always, but as a rule, the error flies because of the impossibility of picking up the driver or even due to its absence. Of course, your case may be different. But I would still check. I will show actions below with the example of Windows 10, but if you have something else-look for analogies yourself.
- Here we look at suspicious devices. Usually they are highlighted in some sign in the spirit of the yellow triangle. Take a closer look! Most likely this is your device. We click on it with the right mouse button and select “Update the driver”. “Automatic search for drivers”:
The search will occur without your participation (the Internet must be connected). Some such banal automation helps. And it helped you? If not, we are going further.
HOW TO FIX USB DEVICE PROBLEM [CANNON LBP 6030 6030B 6030W WINDOWS 10] || TECH DELTA PRO
It works especially well with an error code 43. If you wish, you can look for a driver not automatic method, but pitch it manually among the installed or even download from the official website.
You can also use automatic third.party driver installers. Personally, I prefer Driver Pack Solution, but there are really a lot of others (look for only free solutions). The main minus DRP-during installation, he will try to install some extra software to you. Therefore, only the administrator regime in the program and a thorough check of all checkmarks, then all the drivers are updated simply remarkably.
This is more from personal experience. I had one disk on my family drivers of the manufacturer. But after installing the “dozens” (and she likes to pull the last drivers). got up tightly. History conclusion: Sometimes you do not need to put the latest drivers, and only a specific version is suitable. Usually the manufacturer writes this (but not always). Therefore, for experiments, you can download the driver to be older and test it.
You can still try to roll back the existing driver. what if it was established incorrect, then it is better to remove it completely.
- We go to the same dispatcher device. Also click on our device with the right button, but this time select “Properties”. We go to the “driver” tab and click “Rake”:
- If your device also can not roll back, you can try to remove it (button a little below). Do not worry, after rebooting the computer, he will find it again and try to install the driver.
As a note. The removal method works cool when you need to install the driver manually. T.e. You have already downloaded the installation program, but the system has put something wrong without you, and now nothing works. Then we do this. turn off the Internet (so that nothing is downloaded), roll back the drivers (until the button lights up gray, you may have to repeat several times), and at the end we delete and reboot the system. After such a reboot, you can start installing anew. Sometimes you can just try to put the driver from above, but the removal always works flawlessly.
In very some cases))) the essence of the problem. USB concentrators turn off the power, and as a result, the lack of power leads to the indicated problem. Which at the very beginning and asked to poke different ports. Here you can turn off this shutdown function.
- We go to the device manager again. But this time we choose not your problematic device, but a root USB concentrator (well, or something similar, if desired, the operation can be repeated at all for all controllers, nothing terrible will happen). We click on it with the right mouse button, select the properties, and then go to the “Power Management Management” tab:
Power supply. part 2
This case is especially applicable for USB 3.0 under the control of Windows 10. Another possibility of Windows itself disconnect USB port power. Let’s try to fix it.
- You need to get into the “power” window. If you are behind the laptop and see the battery icon near the clock. you can click on it. Otherwise, there is also a search for the system (but you can get to the bottom of this point and through parameters or control panel). As a result, such a window should open:
Separately, I end up the connection of Android devices (phones, tablets). I myself periodically take the debugging of applications with their direct connection and it is here that these mistakes are often falling out. But I understand that an ordinary user can fly on them and panic.
Friends, in notes format. I write this section as an addition, so you will have to think a little here. But the tips, I hope, will come in handy.
- Why are you connecting the phone? For file transfer? In my practice, usually phones and tablets on Android for some reason very rarely immediately get into file transfer mode. This is usually either charging, or in general the same debugging mode.
- Often a message about choosing a connection is hidden in the curtain. and without unlocking you may simply not see it. I strongly recommend opening the upper curtain of your phone and view all notifications. Typically, the choice of the type of connection of your device will be hidden there. just switch to file transfer.
- If you accidentally or deliberately you connect the phone for debugging. there is no drivers for this mode on the new system. The device is not recognized, it turns out the very mistake of this article. How to fix? Download the drivers specifically for your smartphone chipset (who is in the subject, will figure it out), and the SDK you need is already rolled on top. and so it starts up perfectly.
- Remember also about the presence of modem mode? Well, when you connect the phone to the USB computer to distribute the Internet. To transfer files, it should also be disconnected (settings-wireless networks-also-modem mode), but in itself in my memory the modem mode did not lead to the appearance of the “USB device is not identified”. Although they say that it happens.
Why does a USB device appear not recognized on Windows
As follows from the text of the message, it signals various problems with the USB port on your computer, or with the USB device itself, which you connect to your PC.
The specific reasons for the USB device error are not determined on Windows 7 and 10 may be as follows:
- Stochastic failure in the work of a computer;
- Damage to the USB device;
- Damage to a USB port;
- Problems in the operation of USB drivers;
- The PC does not establish the necessary Windows OS update responsible for the correct operation of USB devices;
- The USB controller failed;
- The USB hub is incorrect;
- Physically damaged the USB cord through which the device is connected to PC.
How to fix USB recognition error when connecting
So, how to get rid of “USB device is not identified“? I recommend the following:
- Disconnect your device from PC, and then turn on after a couple of seconds again. Quite often this is effective;
- Reload your computer. Disconnect the USB device, reboot PC, and then connect the device again. If the problem is random, then it will disappear;
- Check the operability of the connected device. Try connecting it to another PC, and make sure that the connection is normal. If the device is not determined on another PC, then, quite possibly, it needs to be repaired;
- Disconnect other USB devices from the computer (including a USB hub through which your device is connected to PC). Sometimes the simultaneous connection of several USB devices to PC can create a conflict between them (or there is simply no power to maintain all devices). Disconnect other USB devices, leaving only one necessary for you;
- Try to connect your device to another USB port. Perhaps a specific port to which the device is connected works incorrectly (physical breakdown);
In the case when the connected device is displayed as an “unknown device”, you can try to update the drivers to it by clicking on it with the right mouse key and choosing the “update drivers” option in the menu that has appeared.
- If our device is in USB controllers, then enter the cursor to the device, click on the right mouse key and select the “Properties”.
- Go to the “driver” tab and select the “roll back” option there (if the system has the previous version of the driver), otherwise click on “delete”.
- Then click on the “action” from above, and select the option “Update the configuration of equipment” there “.
- The system will check the existing devices, and, having found our USB device, will try to connect it correctly and install the drivers to it.
You can also consistently entered the properties of each of the Generic USB Hub devices, USB Root Controller and the root USB concentrator, and turning into the power control tab, remove the option “Allow the disconnection of this device to save power”, and observe whether there will be whether there will be The device is working correctly.
- Install all fresh updates for your OS. In particular, if you have Windows 7 on PC, and you connect an external hard drive to the computer, then be sure to install the KB976972 update;
- Also install fresh drivers for your motherboard (usually they can be downloaded on the developer’s website) or use the functionality of the Driver Easy program to automatically update the drivers, including for USB.
Prohibition for shutdown of the port USB
Another option, when the flash drive is not identified, may be a temporary shutdown by a USB port.
To eliminate this, you will need to open the “control panel” and switch to the “power” tab.
In the window that appears, open the list of the USB Parameters and select the “temporary shutdown parameter”.
Install the value “prohibited” in it and click “OK” to confirm the change.
In addition, install new updates on the operating room, and, if necessary, the latest programs for the motherboard.
You can download them from the official website of the developers or use a third.party program to search and automatically install the latest versions of the drivers.
This can be completed using the Driver Easy program, which installs drivers for any equipment available, including USB.
What to do if the USB device does not recognize Windows 10?
Firstly, you should make sure that the device itself is completely regular.
Otherwise, the reason should be sought in the computer itself. First check the hardware.
Checking the hardware
When connecting a hard drive or flash drive using a USB-IN-HUB (USB-Hub), the appearance of such an error is associated with insufficient nutrition.
Connect the branch to the network (if it has your own power) or delete it and insert the device directly into the computer port.
If the device is connected on the front panel of the computer. try to insert it into the port of the mother card located on the back.
To fix this. turn off and disconnect the stationary PC from the network, and remove the battery after turning off from the laptop.
After that, you should keep the start button in the pressed state to get rid of residual electricity in the pressed state.
After that, again we turn on the computer to the network and make the system launch.
In the case of a laptop, we attach the battery and run it.
The error should disappear, and if not, look for the reason for the software.
Update the driver of an unknown USB device
If the error of failure of the USB descriptor request is still arising, then upgrade the controllers driver.
- Do everything the same as above, just choose to update the driver
- In the next window, an automatic search for drivers
Hidden old USB devices
Remove hidden drivers from previous devices that can create a request from the USB descriptor request
- In the dispatcher, click on the View tab
- Select show hidden devices
- Remove everything translucent, then reboot PC
Update the universal USB concentrator driver
You can also try this method if an unknown device error appears in the device dispatcher. Here’s how to update the universal driver of a USB concentrator on PC with Windows 10:
- First, click the “Start” button with the right mouse button, and then select the “Device Manager” item in the menu of an experienced user.
- In the devices dispatcher, expand the “USB sequential bus controllers” section, click the “Universal USB concentrator” with the right mouse button and select “Update the driver”.
- Now in the update dialog box, select “View my computer to search for drivers”.
- Next, click “Let me choose from the list of devices drivers on my computer”.
- Now from the Model list, select Generic USB Hub and then press the Next button to complete the installation process.
Now either the USB device will be recognized, or the unknown device error will still be present in the device manager. If so, repeat the same procedure for each universal USB concentrator specified in the “USB sequential bus controllers” section.
Using a USB disability tool for Windows 10
Windows USB launching non.betrayal is also an effective way, this is a free tool for all. This will help you fix the USB device that is not recognized by PC with Windows 10. This is a solution for all Windows computers, whether it be 7.8,1 or 10.
Elimination of USB problems is usually supplied in English. The most pleasant thing is that if you are not on the PC that are faced with this problem, you can save it on a CD or flash drive, and then use it on a computer on which you encountered a problem.
He can also solve the problems of USB drives, printers and audio devices, such as hard drives and USB printers, flash drives, etc.D.
So these are some best solutions for USB devices that are not recognized on PC with Windows 10. You can try accordingly. In addition, you can try to connect a USB device to another computer and check if it works. If not, then this is definitely a problem with the device, and these methods should be tested.
If you know any other useful way to fix the USB device that is not recognized in Windows 10/8/7, inform us about this in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев below section. We value your efforts.
USB device is not identified-what to do
The problem must be sought by the exclusion method:
- Check the work of the connected periphery with other PC / laptops / tablets.
- If the connected periphery works normally, look for the problem in the software or hardware part of the PC.
Check the power that each connected equipment consumes: Device manager → USB controllers → Root USB concentrator → Power tab. Does the required power exceeds the available? If so, go to the second step. If not, to the point about the driver.
Important! Some users were helped by complete de.energization of PC. To do this, turn off the computer and remove the battery (3V) from the motherboard for several minutes.
Reason 3. Drivers and software failure
Problems when installing a driver of a gadget is another possible reason for the Windows error “USB device is not recognized”. If you open the device manager, then in the list that appears you will see a yellow triangular icon in the list of controllers.
At the same time, it will be signed as an “unknown USB device (list of transfer)”. This can happen as a result of the fact that the operating system cannot find suitable drivers (for example, when updating OS to Windows 10), or there is a conflict between already established and new. To fix the situation, you must first find the latest version of drivers for the connected device on the Internet, download and try to install.
If you do not know what to look specifically, then go into the properties of the device, open the “Information” tab and select the “Equipment” property in the list.
Below are identification lines in the field. In them we find two identifiers. VID and PID. Remember or write them down. We climb on the Internet (for example, on the site PCIDATABASE.COM) And we are looking for detailed information about the connected disk, phone, mouse, printer, scanner, etc.D. And then you need to search and install the current version of the driver.
But if you think that the error “USB device is not identified” is associated with a possible conflict of old and new drivers, then for its elimination you will have to completely delete both of them and others. This is done either again through the device manager, or with the help of third.party utilities. After you clean the system from failure software, you will need to put the latest version and check the work of the device.
Reason 4. The malfunction of the device itself
Yes, unfortunately, such a nuisance happens. This happens especially often with flash drives and external hard drives. Their controller either completely refuses, or the area of which a micro.program for the chip is recorded. It cannot load and therefore the computer does not understand that this is the stigma “Unknown USB device”. Check his work on another computer. If the same error appears there, then carry it to the service or to the trash. For example, I had a wireless mouse in this way. On another PC, she earned without problems. Most likely there was a conflict of her radio module with something else in the room. Sometimes a malfunction can occur due to insufficient nutrition. This happens with external strict HDD discs. In this case, they must be connected not through one, but through two ports at once. For this, there is a special cable in the kit.
Note: if when you turn on various equipment or gadgets via USB, a computer or laptop begins to behave strangely: it turns off, reboots or freezes, then immediately disconnect it and carry it to the service. As a rule, this indicates a malfunction of the connected device itself and further independent diagnosis can lead to even more sad consequences.