What to do if the computer turns off when starting
The computer turns on and immediately turns off what to do
The computer turns on, the operating system does not load and immediately turns off, leaving us in bewilderment regarding the causes of the incident. What to do in such a situation? Typically, such dysfunction has a purely hardware nature, and for its treatment it is necessary to perform a whole range of actions that allow us to eliminate the immediate cause of the problem. In this material, I will talk about the reasons for such dysfunction, as well as introduce readers with a list of steps to solve it.
The occurrence of such a problem can have many causes of hardware (and, in rare cases, software) nature.
|Cable||The breakdown can be caused by the insinuating density of the cables (loops) to the hardware modules inside the PC|
|PC modules||The disconnection is caused by the insufficient density of the adjustment of the PC modules to the corresponding connectors (this is especially the discrete graphic card)|
|Electric short curcuit||A system unit got into a system unit, the user “forgot” there and so on|
|Memory||Problems with memory strips (memory works unstable)|
|Power Supply||Putting problems (the power supply supplies unstable voltage, the settings of the power supply do not correspond to the voltage for your country, the power supply is hardly faulty)|
|Computer overheating||In particular, overheating of the central processor, due to insufficient or excessive number of thermal paste, the cooler “forgot” to connect to nutrition, etc.|
|Flowing the system with dust||If the insides of the computer has not been cleaned from dust for a long time|
|Damage to the motherboard||Bloating capacitors, oxidation or closing paths, other relevant malfunctions|
|Power button||Mechanical breakdown of the PC power button|
|BIOS||Incorrect work of BIOS (rarely)|
Violation of the cooling system
First of all, faced with a sharp shutdown of the computer immediately or almost immediately after turning it on, you should look under the body of the system unit and see, there is dust and dirt in it.
If the computer has not been cleaned for years, then dirt and dust in large volumes could accumulate on coolers, boards, microcircuits, etc.D. If you see that dust in the system unit is enough, it must be assembled with a vacuum cleaner, and then carefully cleaned with a brush from the residues.
Particular attention should be paid to the cooling system: thoroughly clean the radiator and cooler and dust, as well as replace the thermal grease between the radiator and the processor. After assembling the computer, turn it on and check if the cooler is spinning. It is possible that the fan has completely out of order, and it may already be required to replace it.
A similar procedure is recommended to be carried out once every six months: the procedure is simple, takes no more than 15 minutes in time, but in fact you largely extend the life of your device.
Types of problems
All problems that cause this problem can be divided into two large groups:
- Software. Those related to the computer software, the operating system, the bios, the incompatibility of any installed programs, the activities of viruses. To eliminate such problems to the user, most often, can do it themselves, because they do not cause serious difficulties;
- Hardware problems are directly related to “iron” PC, wear, breakdown of any physical components of the computer. In this case, most often professional repair and/or replacement of components is required. In the case of elimination of the problem, it takes more time, and may be quite expensive.
It is important that, in the first occurrence of a malfunction, the user can roughly establish the cause of the breakdown for its fastest elimination.
It can be difficult to figure out what to do if the computer turns on and immediately turns off. First step. No need to open the case. PC is disconnected from the outlet, then the button is clamped and turned off on the power supply. Next, you need to hold the Power key on the case for 20-30 seconds. After this, the power is re.Connected to the computer and an attempt to start is made. If the problem was in the accumulation of the charge inside the capacitors, then the procedure will lose residual energy, the system will go into a stable mode of operation.
- Disconnect all components from the motherboard (if they are not involved when turning on PC). Only a processor, cooler, dicks of RAM, video card, PSU and keyboard should remain only.
- If the failure did not disappear, then the culprit is among the remaining equipment. It is necessary to determine if the PSU starts when it is disconnected from the motherboard. If a short circuit in the load has happened (the computer was online), then the pulse PSU is disconnected in emergency mode. So the equipment is protected from overload from a sharp jump in the current.
- If the PSU is excluded from the fault of faults, you need to get all the elements from the body. There are several reasons for this: it will be possible to exclude the closure of the motherboard due to the lack of grounding, this allows you to externally study the components of PC.
- Lay out a stand on a lighting table. The equipment is examined to understand whether there are visible defects. If you notice obvious breakdowns, the broken component must be replaced with a similar.
- Next, connect the power supply and see if the elements on the motherboard or video card are heated by the elements. So it will be possible to determine in which place the food does not pass.
- If nothing comes out, then the assembled stand is launched by close the contacts of the inclusion key on the motherboard (where they are, you can look at the guide to the board).
Problems of overheating
When overheating of a processor or video card, first of all, you should clean them. If this did not help, then you can replace the thermal grease on the chip. Thermal paste is a special substance. You can buy it in any specialized store, usually comes inside ordinary syringes. Before applying the paste to the chip, you need to carefully clean it of traces of the previous one in yourself and only then apply a thin layer of the new one, completing the procedure by installing the remaining elements of the component. This will not take so many minutes and seconds. The logic “the more thermal paste, the better” does not work here. Too thick a layer of this substance will only complicate thermal conductivity later, so you do not need to pour it with liters.
If this does not correct the situation and the problem with overheating remains, then the component should be attributed to the service center.
Causes of problems
Endless inclusion and off of a desktop computer or laptop can occur for the following reasons:
Pollution of the internal space with components in laptops and the system unit in stationary PC. Often the “insides” of the machine have not been cleaned for years, which causes a large number of problems with the performance and performance of the device. Dust perfectly blocks the transmission of electrical signals, which may well cause endless spontaneous turning on and off the computer. A sufficient amount of energy simply does not receive important components to important components.
How to Fix Computer Suddenly Turns Off and Won’t Turn Back on?
Most often, the reasons for this behavior of the computer lie in the problem with components. Before carrying the device to repair, it is recommended to clean it from dust from the inside, check how correctly the RAM modules are inserted and whether there are deformations on the condenser.
Setting up the correct work of BIOS
If you previously made changes to the BIOS and after that the computer has stopped correctly included, plus you are sure of the serviceability of its other components, then the problem exactly lies in the last settings.
- Easy. If the computer independently restarts only after some time, then you can enter the BIOS standard method.
- Complicated. The computer is not included in the BIOS or reboots/off immediately after turning on. I will have to drop the settings by opening the case and “take” with the motherboard. It is recommended to entrust this work to a specialist, so as not to make even worse.
- Enter BIOS. As soon as it starts to turn on, click on Delete or keys from F2 to F8 (which key to press depends on your motherboard).
- In the “Exit” tab, find a line with the name “Load Setup Defaults” (translation “Download the default settings”), the name may vary depending on the model of the motherboard and the BIOS version.
- Open the computer’s body and find a special jumper on the motherboard. Usually located next to the battery and the CMOS chip. It should be written “Clear” or “Clear Cmos”, “Clrtc”. Most of the motherboards have a settings reset button
Do everything as accurately as possible so as not to damage the plugs and caps themselves, which can bring the motherboard to full inoperability. It is better to entrust any work with components with components.
Checking individual components
First of all, clean the insides of the computer/laptop from dust. If there is a lot of dust, then after its removal there is a chance that the computer will turn on normally. Clean dust with a brush, dry microfiber, vacuum cleaner. Do it carefully, preferably in gloves. Use the vacuum cleaner at minimum power. If the cleaning of dust did not help, then pay attention to the modules with RAM and the power supply.
- See if the modules are well installed in slots. If they are poorly fixed, then insert them again to the click, then make sure that they are in a fixed position. First of all, pay attention to the integrity of the mounts.
To check if the faulty power supply is the reason for the problem, borrow it for a while for someone and install it instead of your. Replacing the power supply is a simple procedure, the only thing you need to do is to stick the wiring into it by analogy with how they were stuck in the previous block.
If the computer has turned on without problems with the new power supply, then this indicates the need to complete the replacement of this element. A good power supply is not very expensive. It is recommended to consult with a specialist when choosing, t.To. It is advisable to take into account the characteristics of the main components of the computer (motherboard, cooling system, etc.D.).
Elimination of problems of overheating
If the cause is overheating, then the computer is turned off does not occur immediately, but after 10-30 minutes. In this case, the OS is loaded without any problems, which allows you to check the heating of the equipment. To do this, download the AIDA64 utility on the computer. It weighs about 50 MB, is downloaded quickly and installed, however, the program is paid, so it can only be used by a limited period.
In the program integration, in the left menu, open the “computer” tab and select “Sensors” there, after you will show the current temperature of the processor and video card. If it is above 60 degrees (processor) and 80 (video card), then you need to take measures.
Checking the system load. Open the “task dispatcher” and see if any “left” programs are turned on that greatly load the processor and RAM. If any, then turn them off through the dispatcher. The “Auto Laugh” tab shows applications that automatically turn on when loading the system. Disconnect the autorol of extra applications. If possible, it is also recommended to check your computer for the presence of viruses.
What to do if the computer turns off when starting
A computer. The technique is quite complicated and, unfortunately, all users, not insured from failures in work and breakdowns. And yet, it is one thing when the problem has a systemic character (for example, the virus crept into the OS). Then it can be solved with the help of a good antivirus and other concomitant software. But quite another, if the problem is mechanical or, more simply, with iron.
If PC starts. Well, there is an opportunity to find out what is wrong with it, but what to do if the computer turns off immediately after turning on? Just about this we will talk below.
- No matter how funny it sounds, but the first thing is, if your PC turns off almost immediately after turning on, check if the power button on the system unit is flooded. Perhaps the reason lies in this.
- Remove the side cover of the system unit and clean it from dust. If you have not done this for a long time, it is quite possible that the computer turns off immediately after turning on precisely because of this. The fact is that dust is also a conductor of electricity, which means that a failure in work can occur due to it.
Note: Before you remove the side cover from the system unit, disconnect it from the network.
If the above manipulations did not help you, and the computer still turns off immediately after turning on, move on.
- Disconnect the computer (system unit) from power, and then disconnect all additional equipment from it. Leave only what he needs to “start”. A video card, processor, RAM, power supply (where without it?). Try to turn on PC.
- Did not help? It is possible that the cause of the malfunction lies in the power supply, which for one reason or another can work incorrectly, or even completely out of order.
How to find out if this is so? Take a working power supply (ask your friends, what to do) and connect it in order to check how the computer will behave after that.
By the way, the failure of the power supply is not the same problem IBP can protect you from such troubles. Source of uninterrupted nutrition. About what it is and how to choose the right device, we wrote here.
- Perhaps the reason for such an unwanted PC behavior lies in damage to its vital elements. Motherboard, processor, video card, RAM.
There are plenty of reasons for this, but the main ones are mechanical damage and a voltage jump. IBP will protect from the latter.
If you have more than one RAM plan, you can easily check if the cause of the failure is in it. Just remove them from the port, and then connect them alternately, try to turn on the computer.
Computer Turn On For a Second And Then Turn Off Automatically|How To Solve In Hindi|
- Find out about why the computer turns off immediately after turning on can help BIOS. When starting, the system makes characteristic sounds, in terms of the quantity and duration of which you can understand what exactly is the failure.
We hope that thanks to this article you learned why the computer turns off immediately after turning on and eliminated this problem. If these recommendations did not help, most likely, the reason is more serious, which means that you need to carry a computer to the service center. Having trusted your PC qualified specialists, you can be sure that the problem will be solved.
Note: If you have no idea what and how it works inside the system unit, it is better not to go there at all. Invite one of your friends who could help you with solving this problem, or immediately bring your computer to specialists who will eliminate your problem as soon as possible.
Ways to eliminate a malfunction
To eliminate the malfunction, it is necessary to correctly make a “diagnosis”.
If the system unit turns on and after 15 seconds is spontaneously turned off as a result of overheating, then the diagnosis of the cooling system is necessary using a visual determination of the malfunction. To do this, just remove the side cover of the computer and make sure that the cooler fan begins to work immediately after turning on the system unit. If this does not happen, then it is necessary to replace the fan, or eliminate the connection malfunction of this part.
If the problem of turning off the system unit occurs when re.Enabled after prolonged operation, then with good cooler, but a significant dust on the ribs of the radiator, overheating can be caused by significant pollution. In this case, the problem is solved thoroughly cleaning the cooler from dust.
In some cases, with an efficient fan, overheating can be caused by the complete drying of the thermal pipeline between the surface of the processor and the plane of the cooler radiator. In this case, it is required to apply a new layer of pasta, and the computer will stop turning off when starting.
It is much more difficult to set the exact malfunction of the computer power supply. If the system unit is turned off after a few seconds of operation, then the most correct option for checking this part will be to replace it with a deliberately working unit. If this is not possible, then you should turn off all the wires coming from the system unit and with the help of a tester to measure the voltage in each wire, including establish the absence of a “mass” cliff, which is connected to the hard discs of the computer. This process is the longest, but allows you to accurately determine the malfunction of the pulse current source. The tester must measure the voltage and current strength of all wires coming from the power supply from the supply unit.
The search for closed areas is quite long, and can take some time. If a short circuit is caused by a small object, then the simplest method of removing a small metal object can be carried out using complete internal cleaning.
If after cleaning the problem repeated again, then the closure should be sought in the places where the soldering was recently carried out, or the connection of the wires.