What Does Screen Repeat Mean on iPhone
Screen video recording using iOS
Starting with iOS 11, a built-in function for recording screen video has appeared on the iPhone and iPad, but a novice owner of an Apple device may not even notice it.
To enable the function, use the following steps (remember, you must have iOS version 11 or higher).
- Go to Settings and open the “Control Center”.
- Click “Customize Controls”.
- Pay attention to the list of ” controls”, there you will see the item “Screen recording”. Click the plus sign to the left of it.
- Exit the settings (press the “Home” button) and drag the bottom of the screen: in the control center you will see a new button for screen recording.
By default, pressing the screen recording button starts recording the screen of the device without sound. However, if you use a strong press (or long press on iPhone and iPad without Force Touch support), a menu will open like in the screenshot, in which you can enable sound recording from the device’s microphone.
After the end of the recording (performed by pressing the record button again), the video file is saved in mp4 format, 50 frames per second and stereo sound (at least on my iPhone this is the case).
Below is a video instruction on how to use the function, if something remains incomprehensible after reading this method.
3 Ways to Record iPhone and iPad Screen Video
If you need to record a video from the screen of your iOS device, there are several ways to do this. And one of them, recording video from the iPhone and iPad screen (including with sound) on the device itself (without the need to use third-party programs) appeared quite recently: in iOS 11 there was a built-in function for this. However, in earlier versions, recording is also possible.
This manual describes in detail how to record video from the iPhone (iPad) screen in three different ways: using the built-in recording function, as well as from a Mac computer and from a PC or laptop with Windows (i.e. the device is connected to the computer and already on it records what is happening on the screen).
How to Record iPhone and iPad Screen Video on Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7
Note: to use the method, both the iPhone (iPad) and the computer must be connected to the same network, it does not matter via Wi-Fi or using a wired connection.
If necessary, you can record video from the screen of your iOS device from a Windows computer or laptop, however, this requires third-party software that allows you to receive broadcast via AirPlay.
I recommend using the free program LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver, which can be downloaded from the official website http://eu.lonelyscreen.com/download.html (after installing the program, you will see a request to allow it to access public and private networks, you should allow it).
The steps for recording will be as follows:
- Launch LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver.
- On your iPhone or iPad connected to the same network as the computer, go to the control point (swipe from bottom to top) and click “Screen Repeat“.
- The list will show the available devices to which you can broadcast the image via AirPlay, select LonelyScreen.
- The iOS screen will be displayed on the computer in the program window.
After that, you can record video with the built-in Windows 10 screen recording tools (by default, you can call the recording panel with the WinG keyboard shortcut) or using third-party programs (see Best programs for recording video from a computer or laptop screen).
Screen Recorder in QuickTime on MacOS
If you own a Mac computer, you can use the built-in QuickTime Player to record video from your iPhone or iPad.
- Connect your phone or tablet with a cable to your MacBook or iMac, if necessary, allow access to the device (answer the request “Trust this computer?”).
- Launch QuickTime Player on your Mac (you can use Spotlight search for this), and then, from the program menu, choose File. New Video.
- By default, webcam recording will open, but you can switch the recording to the mobile device screen by clicking on the small arrow next to the recording button and selecting your device. There you can also select the sound source (microphone on iPhone or Mac).
- Click the record button to start recording your screen. Press the Stop button to stop.
When you finish recording your screen, choose File> Save from the QuickTime Player main menu. By the way, in QuickTime Player you can also record Mac screen, for more details: Record Mac OS Screen Video in QuickTime Player.
The number 0682 means that the device has been certified in Europe and approved for use in European countries. This decision was made by the German agency Cetecom ICT Services.
As with the FCC pictogram, the CE mark once again confirms that the device has been successfully certified for use in Europe.
Know what’s written on your iPhone. It is interesting
Decoding of mysterious numbers and letters on the back cover.
If you look at the back cover of your iPhone, you can see an information block consisting of different numbers, letters and icons.
A lot of important information is encrypted in this block, and now we will figure out together which one.
Different countries. different iPhones
We have analyzed all the icons and numbers on the example of the American iPhone model. If your device was officially purchased in the Russian Federation, then you will not find information on certification by the US FCC.
The 4-digit European patent number may also be missing, although the CE mark is present.
Now you know what information is hidden by the back cover of your iPhone and you can share this knowledge with others!
P.S. If you want to explore the icons on your brand new Apple gadget, here are the links:
- iPhone for every taste. It’s strange that you don’t have it yet.
- Any new MacBook exudes an aura of excellence. Check it yourself.
- Share this
- It is interesting
Right under the model of your iPhone is the proud inscription Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China. What it means: This device was developed in California, USA by Apple. Device made in China.
By the way, on some Macs you can see Assembled in USA instead of China. But this is very rare.
IPhone Model Code
Next, you can see the model code of your gadget. Depending on the electronic components, this code may differ: my iPhone 6s has the code A1688. it has a universal cellular communication module that works correctly in networks around the world, except for LTE30 at 2.3 GHz (such a network belongs to the American provider ATT).
Here you can see all the available codes for all iPhone models to date.
FCC ID and IC
The FCC ID is a special number assigned to your device by the FCC in the United States. This number confirms that the iPhone, as a device, has been approved by this organization and is authorized for use in the United States.
What is BCG-E2816A: The first letters are the unique number under which Apple products are registered with the FCC. The characters after the dash are unique to this iPhone model.
Next IC: 579C-E2816A is for Canada: the radio regulatory agency there has also registered and approved the iPhone in their registries.
The bottom line is made up of various pictograms, and the first is the FCC icon. This icon further confirms the fact that the device has passed the American certification.
IMEI (identification number)
IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. international identification number of a mobile device. This 15-digit number is unique for each mobile device, like a passport.
On the latest generation iPhones, IMEI is no longer indicated on the case. you can only recognize it in the settings of the device itself.
IPhone and iPad screen icons. what they mean?
Peace for everyone! The icons that appear after certain actions on the iPhone or iPad screen are a kind of indicators that inform the user whether or not a certain function is currently enabled on the device. And although most of the designations are familiar to us (network signal level, battery, etc.), there are also those that can confuse and make you think. what do they mean? For example: a lock with an arrow in a circle, a crescent moon, an airplane and others.
Today we will understand all these icons: find out why they appear, what does each of them mean and how to remove all this stuff from the screen? We read carefully, do not hesitate to ask and prompt other users in the comments. With the welcome part of the article finished, let’s get down to business. Let’s go! 🙂
All indicators on the iPhone and iPad are located at the top of the display, in the so-called Status Bar (current status bar), starting from left to right:
- The image of an airplane is the so-called air mode, when it is turned on, all wireless connections, including mobile communications, are turned off. Therefore, when it is active, the display of the network signal strength, the operator’s name and the standard of the Internet connection disappears from the screen.
- Wi-Fi network indicator. depending on the strength of reception, one (minimum), two or three stripes (maximum) are painted over. What to do if it does not show up and read about other problems with Wi-Fi here.
- The icon in the form of two arrows rotating in a circle, appears when synchronizing (creating backups, copying data, etc.) a device with iTunes.
- Cellular signal strength.
- Service provider name.
- Mobile communication standard (Edge, 3G, LTE), mostly responsible for the speed of the Internet connection.
- Moon Icon. Indicates the status of Do Not Disturb. If this function is enabled, then calls and alerts, notifications from programs, Push messages will stop coming. Or rather, they will not be accompanied by sound signals, and a crescent sign will appear on the display at the top. To turn on or off, go to: Settings. Do not disturb.
- Arrow Lock Icon. Disables automatic screen rotation on iPhone or iPad (portrait orientation lock). You can remove or use this “chip” through the bottom pop-up menu (to call it, you need to pull your finger from the bottom of the display to the top).
- Bluetooth is a good old “blue tooth” 🙂
- Battery charge percentage.
- Charge of the battery in graphical form, so to speak, clearly.
- Lightning. indicates that your iPhone or iPad is currently charging.
- Arrow icon. if shown on the screen, it means one (or several) programs are currently using geolocation services. In simple terms. navigation. Try to close such applications when you are not using them, as GPS “eats up” the battery.
As you can see, iOS is rich in icons that represent something. over, there are both intuitively understandable to any person, and quite exotic, characteristic only of the mobile operating system of Apple.
Updated! As I was rightly corrected in the comments, I forgot about the icon representing the clock. So, this very clock (located next to the battery indicator) speaks of one simple fact. you will soon wake up. Yes, everything is correct. this is the alarm clock on your iPhone.
which represents the lock with a circle with an arrow at the end at the top right of the iPhone 4
In most cases, this is due to the “screen rotation lock” feature enabled. To verify this, look at the upper right edge of the display. Therefore, if the image on the screen does not change orientation when you rotate the device, although the lock is disabled, this means that the developers of this application did not provide such a function. Enter “Settings” and click “General”.
In today’s PhoneHelp section, we will describe all the icons that appear on the Status Bar. The Status Bar is the status bar at the top of the iPhone display. Network Type. Shows the type of network. The icon means that your iPhone is connected to the Internet using an EDGE connection.
What does the lock on iPhone mean
My screen rotation was blocked, but there is no icon with an arrow. And in tinctures I can not do anything. I had such a trouble after restoring from a backup in iTunes, when switching from 4 to 5s, a simple restart of the device helped.
The top status bar (called the Status Bar) of the display contains a variety of icons in the iPhone. Let’s consider their meanings. First, there is an icon. Cell signal, which displays the signal strength of a particular cellular connection. If there are no stripes at all, then the phone is not in the coverage area of this network.
There are many different icons on the iPhone. For example, Network Type (or) displays the type of network. A view icon indicates iPhone is connected using an EDGE connection to the Internet. If there is an icon, then the smartphone is connected to the Internet via 3G. These icons on the iPhone must be distinguished.
The view icon means Airplane Mode. Thus, if there is such an icon, then the smartphone is in an autonomous, so-called airplane mode. The icons in the iPhone can also have. Wi-Fi Signal. It means connecting to wireless networks like Wi-Fi. The signal will be the better, the more “sound waves”.
The icon. The iPhone is locked indicates that the smartphone is locked. If there is an inscription 10:50 AM in the Status Bar. then this is how the clock is displayed. They are replaced with a Lock icon (if the iPhone is unlocked). These icons are especially easy to remember on the iPhone.
Another useful icon is the or Play indicator, which indicates that music is playing on the iPhone. The Alarm view icon indicates that the alarm is active. The icon with the image is a Bluetooth connection. It indicates Bluetooth is on.
The TYY Symbol signifies the fact that the Teletype mode is on. Battery meter displays the charge level of the iPhone battery. While the smartphone is charging, the icon will be green and with a lightning bolt in the middle. Thus, such icons in the iPhone need to know and be able to distinguish.
icons on the iPhone at the top
what is the icon on the iPhone near the battery
what icons and symbols are on the iPhone at the top
what is the icon on the iPhone loading
denoting icons in mail on iPhone
What do the icons at the top of the iPhone screen in the Status Bar mean
Wi-Fi Signal. If you see this icon on the iPhone display, it means that you are connected to a wireless Wi-Fi network. The more “sound waves” on the icon, the better the signal. This icon shows you that your phone is locked. This icon indicates that music is currently playing on the iPhone.
Indicates that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. An arrow icon appeared next to the battery icon in the upper right corner and there is no Internet connection, how can I remove it? iPhone is easy to use, so you don’t have to dig deeper into the navigation you need. By gently pressing the lock on the screen with your finger, the position and the picture that was initially selected will be saved.
Previous firmware versions required jailbreak and installation of a third-party app to lock the screen. If Apple’s policy goes in the same direction, then soon (with the advent of new firmware versions) the need to perform the jailbreak procedure may disappear altogether. After updating the iPhone firmware to iOS 7th version, the rotation of the phone screen became even faster and more convenient.
If next to the battery indicator you find an icon in the form of a curved arrow surrounding the lock, the lock is on. Hello! I have a new iPhone 4S, the screen doesn’t turn over ((there are no icons. Firmware 04.10.01 please help. To revive the display, i.e. turn on screen rotation in iOS 7 is simple, pull out the control center widget from the bottom and turn off the lock using that the same badge that depicts a lock in a circle.
Lock screen rotation in iPhone with iOS 7
iPhone 5S THE SCREEN DOES NOT ROTATE WITH THE DISCONNECTING AND ENABLING THIS BUTTON, watching video without flipping the trouble, firmware 3.11.00 What to do? My iPhone 5 is blocked, I try to unlock it does not work, it says the phone is unlocked, but it doesn’t work.
What does the lock on iPhone mean
The crescent moon sign in the iPhone. And in the iPhone, too, you can see such a sign as a crescent moon, which means “do not disturb” mode. For example, if on some phones a lock means a complete screen lock, then on an iPhone a similar icon will only disable its flip. Each mode in the phone is responsible for something and is indicated by the corresponding icons. Click on the lock icon. Airplane Mode. This icon means your phone is in airplane mode (offline).
If your iPhone doesn’t flip the image, be it photos, videos, contacts or the Safari browser, it means that the phone’s display is locked. Karina, the lock in the upper right corner of the sidebar is not pressed, it simply notifies the user that the iPhone screen flip is blocked. The locks are removed, but nevertheless the screen is stuck. Reboot doesn’t help. If you have an iPad and a lock icon in a circle next to the charger, then you need to do the following, switch the mute switch on the side panel to turn on and the screen will unlock!
How to Output Image from iPhone to Windows Computer
Windows does not have built-in tools for receiving broadcast from an iPhone using AirPlay over Wi-Fi, but this can be done using shareware programs, which we’ll talk about. To use them, both devices must be connected to the same wireless network. In case you have problems connecting, try disabling the firewall on your computer.
How to Transfer Image from iPhone to Windows or Mac OS Computer
If you need to display images from iPhone to PC or laptop via Wi-Fi, it is relatively easy to do this: Windows programs are available for transferring images via AirPlay, and Mac OS also has a built-in method of broadcasting from an iOS device.
This tutorial shows the ways to transfer the image from iPhone to computer (which works also for iPad). Unfortunately, none of the options involve the on-screen control of an iOS device; such functionality is not provided by Apple for security reasons. See also: How to Transfer Image from Android to Windows 10 Computer.
- Transfer Image from iPhone to Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7
- LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver
ApowerMirror also allows you to use its functions for free (but there is also a paid version with advanced functionality). After downloading, installing the program and registering a free account, just select the “iOS” tab in it, and you will see everything you need to do: open the iPhone control center and display the image on your computer.
Everything works smoothly and quickly, and if you wish, you can record your phone screen or create screenshots right away on your computer. ApowerMirror download is available on the official website https://www.apowersoft.com/phone-mirror
5KPlayer is a completely free program that allows you to broadcast from iPhone to computer, as well as record video from the screen (and at the same time work as a media player).
- Download 5KPlayer from the official website https://www.5kplayer.com/5kplayer-download-windows.htm and install the program on your computer.
- When requesting access to networks from Windows Firewall, give this permission.
- During the first launch, the program will ask you to register: it is not necessary to do this, it is enough to refuse registration once (the bottom button in the window).
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Control (swipe from the bottom of the screen) and select “Screen Repeat“.
- Select 5KPlayer from the list.
After making the connection, the screen of your iOS device will be reflected on the computer screen. you can use and, if necessary, record a video with sound.
LetsView is a completely free program that allows you to easily AirPlay your iPhone screen to your Windows or Mac OS computer or laptop. There is the possibility of simple video recording from the screen and other additional functions.
Mirroring360 is a paid program for receiving broadcasts via AirPlay from iOS devices as well as from other PCs or smartphones. You can use the 7-day free trial to try out its features.
- Download Mirroring360 from the official website https://www.mirroring360.com/
- After installing the program, click Request Free Trial, enter your E-mail and desired password, and then click Activate.
- In the running program, you do not need to do anything: just start broadcasting by turning on the “Screen Repeat” function on your iPhone (select the device with the name of your computer from the list), as in previous such utilities.
One of the interesting functions of the program is broadcasting an image from your computer to the Internet: after you click the Start Sharing button in the main window of Mirroring360, you will receive a link by which other users can see your screen.
IOS Image Output on Mac in QuickTime Player
You can use QuickTime Player to cast the iPhone screen to the Mac and, if necessary, record the content, using this method:
- Connect the iPhone with a cable to your Mac, when prompted whether you need to trust the computer. confirm trust.
- Launch QuickTime Player on Mac OS (via the Applications folder or search in the status bar at the top right). From the QuickTime Player menu, choose File. New Video.
- In the window that opens, click on the arrow next to the record button and in the “Camera” point, select iPhone.
Immediately after that, his screen will be reflected on the Mac OS desktop. If you need to record video, you can specify the quality of the recording, the source of the sound recording.
LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver
LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver is a very simple program that regularly performs its function: receiving images from iPhone and iPad via AirPlay (built-in broadcast technology in iOS).
- Install LonelyScreen from the official site https://www.lonelyscreen.com/download.html and run the program.
- In the control point on the iPhone (opens with a gesture up from the bottom edge of the screen), click on “Screen repeat“.
- In the list of available devices for transmission, you will see LonelyScreen, click on it.
- After connecting, the iPhone screen will be reflected on the computer in the program window.
No additional actions are required, except that it is worth noting that the program has an iPhone screen recording function (to do this, click on the arrow in the lower right corner).
Until recently, the program was free, now, unfortunately, it asks for a license, but for some time it works without it. Interestingly, the free version of LonelyScreen is still installed on my computer (I have not updated it since the installation) and it works properly.
Transfer Image from iPhone and iPad to Mac OS
If you have a Mac computer, you can use both the built-in system tools, if a cable connection is suitable for you, and third-party applications, if you need to connect via Wi-Fi, to broadcast images to it from the iPhone.