Using Carplay On Iphone
Available for some cars and stereo systems, CarPlay is a smarter and safer way to use your iPhone in your car.
The CarPlay function takes control of iPhone functions directly to the car’s built-in display. By connecting your iPhone to CarPlay, you can receive step-by-step instructions, make calls, send and receive messages, listen to music, and much more. The CarPlay feature uses contacts on the iPhone to make it easier for you to make calls, send text messages and find the right places.
It uses Siri voice control so you can ask you to perform various tasks while driving without being distracted from the road. The CarPlay function is even supported by built-in car controls (such as touch screen and buttons).
Setting the CarPlay Function
To start using this feature, follow these steps:
- Make sure you are in the region where CarPlay is available and that it is supported by your vehicle.
- Drive in and make sure Siri Voice Assistant is turned on.
- Connect your iPhone to the car.
- If your car supports the CarPlay function using a USB cable, connect the iPhone to the USB port of the car. The USB connector can be marked with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone image.
- If your car supports the CarPlay function wirelessly, press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel. Make sure the stereo is in wireless or Bluetooth mode. Then on iPhone, go to the Settings menu “Basic” CarPlay, select “Available cars”, and then. your car. See your vehicle manual for more information.
Using Siri with CarPlay
If your vehicle supports the CarPlay function or Siri “Attention to the road” mode, hold down the voice command button on the steering wheel and then tell what you need. If you do not know where the voice command button is located, see the manual for your car or stereo.
Uninstall and organize CarPlay-enabled programs
When using the CarPlay function, your car displays the available programs. To add or remove programs or change the order of their location on your iOS device, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu “Basic” and click CarPlay.
- Choose your car.
- To add or remove programs, use the corresponding icons. To reorder the icons, drag and drop programs.
Only those programs that are supported by the CarPlay function are displayed. If you experience problems with third-party programs, try contacting their developer.
If the CarPlay function does not work correctly, make sure that the latest version of iOS is installed on the iPhone. After updating the OS on the iPhone, follow these steps, checking the operation of the CarPlay function after each of them.
- If the CarPlay function does not automatically activate, check for the CarPlay logo on the display of your car.
- Restart your iPhone and car system.
- Make sure Siri Voice Assistant is turned on.
- If your iPhone is not detected by the CarPlay function, check to see if restrictions are set for the CarPlay function. Go to the Settings menu “Screen time” “Content and privacy restrictions” and make sure that in the “Allowed Programs” section, the CarPlay function is enabled.
- Go to the Settings menu “Basic” CarPlay and select “Forget this car.”
- Connection Check:
- If you have a wired connection, try reconnecting using a different USB cable and a different USB connector if one is available.
- If you have a wireless connection, turn on “Airplane mode” (“Settings” “Airplane mode”). Do not turn on “Airplane mode” through the Control Center.
- Install firmware updates if necessary. See your vehicle manual for more information.
If you are having trouble connecting the CarPlay feature, contact Apple Support.