Update Phone To Latest Version
Android is an operating system that is constantly evolving, therefore, its developers regularly release new versions. Some devices are able to independently detect a recently released system update and install it with user permission. But what if update alerts do not arrive? Can I update Android on my phone or tablet on my own?
How to update Android to the latest version
Content. How to update Android to the latest version
Android update on mobile devices
Updates really come very rarely, especially when it comes to obsolete devices. However, each user can install them forcibly, however, in this case, the warranty will be removed from the device, so consider this step.
Before installing the new version of Android, it is better to backup all important user data. Backup. Thanks to this, if something goes wrong, then you can return the saved data.
Method 1: Standard Update
This method is the safest, since updates in this case will be installed 100% correctly, but there are some limitations. For example, you can install an exclusively officially released update and only if it howled specifically for your device. Otherwise, the device simply cannot detect updates.
The instruction for this method is as follows:
1. Go to “Settings“.
2. Find the item “About phone“. Go into it.
3. There should be a clause “System update“/”Software Update“. If it is not, then click on “Android version“.
4. After that, the system starts checking the device for updates and the availability of available updates.
5. If there are no updates for your device, the display will show “The latest version system is used.“. If available updates were found, you will see a proposal to install them. Click on it.
6. Now you need the phone / tablet to be connected to Wi-Fi and have a full battery charge (or at least at least half). Here you may be asked to read the license agreement and check the box that you agree.
7. After the system update starts. During it, the device may reboot a couple of times, or it may hang “tightly”. It is not worth doing anything, the system will independently conduct all updates, after which the device will boot in normal mode.
Method 2: Install Local Firmware
By default, many Android smartphones are loaded with a backup copy of the current firmware with updates. This method can also be attributed to the standard, as it is carried out exclusively using the capabilities of the smartphone. The instructions for it are as follows:
1. Go to “Settings“.
2. Then go to the “About phone“. Usually it is located at the very bottom of the available parameter list.
3. Open the “System update“.
4. Click on the ellipsis icon in the upper right. If it does not exist, then this method will not suit you.
5. From the drop-down list, select “Install local firmware” or “Select firmware file“.
6. Confirm the installation and wait for it to complete.
In this way, you can install only the firmware that is already recorded in the device’s memory. However, you can load firmware downloaded from other sources into its memory using special programs and the presence of root rights on the device.
Method 3: ROM Manager
This method is relevant in cases where the device has not found official updates and cannot install them. With this program, you can deliver not only some official updates, but custom ones, that is, developed by independent creators. However, for normal operation of the program you will have to obtain root user rights.
To upgrade in this way, you will need to download the desired firmware and transfer it either to the device’s internal memory or to an SD card. The update file must be a ZIP archive. When transferring his device, place the archive in the root directory of the SD card, or the internal memory of the device. Also, for convenience of searches, rename the archive.
When the preparation is complete, you can proceed directly to updating Android:
1. Download and install ROM Manager on the device.
2. In the main window, find the item “Install ROM from SD card“. Even if the update file is located in the internal memory of the device, still select this option.
3. Under the heading “Current directory»Specify the path to the ZIP archive with updates. To do this, simply click on the line, and in the “Explorer»Select the desired file. It can be located both on the SD card and in the external memory of the device.
4. Scroll down a bit. Here you will come across the item “Save current ROM“. It is recommended to set the value to “Yes“, Because in case of an unsuccessful installation, you can quickly return to the old version of Android.
5. Next, click on the item “Reboot and installation“.
6. The device will reboot. After that, the installation of updates will begin. The device can again begin to freeze or behave inappropriately. Do not touch him until he completes the update.
Method 4: ClockWorkMod Recovery
ClockWorkMod Recovery is a more powerful tool for working with the installation of updates and other firmware. However, its installation is much more complicated than ROM Manager. In fact, this is an add-on to the usual Recovery (analogous to the BIOS on a PC) Android devices. With it, you can install a larger list of updates and firmware for your device, and the installation process will go more smoothly.
Using this method involves resetting your device to the factory state. It is recommended that you transfer all important files from your phone / tablet to other media in advance.
But installing CWM Recovery is notable for some complexity, and it is impossible to find it in the Play Market. Therefore, you have to download the image to your computer and install it on Android using some third-party program. Installation instructions for ClockWorkMod Recovery using ROM Manager are as follows:
1. Transfer the archive from CWM to the SD card or the internal memory of the device. You will need root privileges to install.
2. In the block “Recovery“Select”Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery” or “Recovery Setup“.
3. Under “Current directory“Tap on an empty line. It will openConductor“, Where you need to specify the path to the installation file.
4. Now select “Reboot and installation“. Wait for the installation process to complete.
So, now your device has an add-on for ClockWorkMod Recovery, which is an improved version of conventional recovery. From here you can put updates:
1. Download the zip archive with updates to the SD card or internal memory of the device.
2. Unplug your smartphone.
3. Log in to Recovery by simultaneously holding down the power button and one of the volume keys. Which of the keys you need to pinch depends on the model of your device. Usually, all key combinations are written in the documentation for the device or on the manufacturer’s website.
4. When the recovery menu loads, select “Wipe data / factory reset“. Here, control is carried out using the volume keys (move through menu items) and the power key (select item).
5. In it, select “Yes. Delete all user data“.
6. Now go to “Install ZIP from SD-card“.
7. Here you need to select the ZIP archive with updates.
8. Confirm your selection by clicking on “Yes. Install /sdcard/update.Zip“.
9. Wait for the update to complete.
There are several ways to update your Android device. For inexperienced users, it is recommended to use only the first method, since in this way you are unlikely to cause serious harm to the firmware of the device.
To effectively use a smartphone that is running Windows Phone, update it to the latest version of the OS. The answer to the question: how to upgrade your phone to Windows Phone 10 quickly and correctly, you will find in this article.
What phones support?
The easiest way to find out if your device supports installing Windows 10 Mobile is to download the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview application on the official website. As soon as the model receives support for the latest version of the OS, download it by logging in with your Microsoft account.
HTC One (M8) for Windows, LG Lancet, Lumia 430, Lumia 435, Lumia 520, Lumia 521, Lumia 525, Lumia 526, Lumia 530, Lumia 532, Lumia 535, Lumia 540, Lumia 550, Lumia 620, Lumia 625, Lumia 630, Lumia 635, Lumia 636, Lumia 638, Lumia 640, Lumia 640 XL, Lumia 720, Lumia 730, Lumia 735, Lumia 810, Lumia 820, Lumia 822, Lumia 830, Lumia 920, Lumia 925, Lumia 928, Lumia 930, Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, Lumia 1020, Lumia 1320, Lumia 1520, Lumia Icon.
The gadget must have at least 8 GB of free internal memory, as well as the Windows Phone 8.1 build. 10.10.14219.341 or earlier. If your model is not in this list, it may appear in it in the future, because Microsoft is trying to make the new OS available to everyone.
If you do not want to wait until your device receives support for the new OS, there are two ways to upgrade.
Universal for all Lumia
- Sign up for the Windows Insider program.
- Download and install the Windows Insider utility on your smartphone.
- On the XDA-Developers website, download and unzip WPInsidersHacks to your computer, and then run the utility.
- Connect the gadget to the Wi-Fi point to which the PC is connected. Network settings → Proxy → specify port 8877 and IP of the PC used.
- In the address bar of Internet Explorer running on the smartphone, enter: http: // IP_IP_Address: 8877.
- Confirm the installation of certificates of authenticity.
- Launch Windows Insider and select “Get preview builds” → indicate the action to be taken → accept the license agreement → after this the application will close.
- Delete the information in the previously completed Proxy and start Windows Insider.
- Click “Get preview builds” → Insider Fast → the device will reboot.
- Go to settings and check for available updates → download and install them.
The update process is presented graphically.
Alternative for Lumia with a memory card
This method is suitable for smartphones with a memory card installed but without access to a Wi-Fi network.
- Download the ISO-image of Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 from the official website (there should be 11 GB of free space on the PC hard drive).
- Download and unzip files to your PC: CustomPFD (1drv.Ms/1AtmEpD) and CustomWPSystem (1drv.Ms/1AtmI8B).
- Move CustomPFD_003.Xap to the memory card.
- Utilities must be installed on the smartphone: Preview for Developers (on the memory card) and Windows Insider.
- Launch Visual Studio → connect your smartphone via USB cable.
- Visual Studio. Tools. Windows Phone 8.1. Developer Unlock. Register.
Smartphone registry editing
- Run Preview for developers.> HKLMSYSTEMPlatformDeviceTargetingInfo.> PhoneManufactrerModelName key.> write down the current value.> specify a new RM-976_1161.> Write.
- Branch HKLMSYSTEMPlatformDeviceTargetingInfo → PhoneFirmwareRevision → specify 02040.00019.14484.24002.
- Branch HKLMSYSTEMPlatformDeviceTargetingInfo.> PhoneMobileOperatorName.> specify 000-PL.
- Check for updates in Windows Insider → select Insider Fast → install Windows 10 Mobile in your smartphone’s settings.
Users praise the latest version of the OS from Microsoft. But due to the fact that for most devices it is only offered as an insider assembly, sometimes problems arise with the stability of the system.