Update Failure By Ios 12
Failure to install the iOS 11 update can occur on any device that supports the latest version of the system. If an error occurs, you do not need to panic. try installing the update again after a while.
Why wait until the next attempt to install the update? The fact is that immediately after the release of the update, a large number of users begin to download it. This can cause crashes on Apple servers. Failures can occur some time after the update, so you should always give the system a second chance. Therefore, when an error message appears, click “Close”, wait a couple of hours and try downloading iOS 11 again.
- Open the settings.
- Go to the “Basic” section.
- Click “Software Update” and start the search for updates available for installation.
If the error message appears again when you try to upgrade the system again, follow these steps:
- Reboot the device. Use a hard reset. hold down the Home and Power keys and hold until the screen goes blank. IPhone 7 and above uses a combination of the Power button and volume down key.
- Check the stability of your internet connection. Use a different Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that the developer profile is not added in the settings. Remove it if detected.
If the update cannot even be downloaded, check the device’s memory. Perhaps there is not enough space for iOS 11, so you have to get rid of unnecessary content: photos,s, applications.
Install the update in iTunes
If the failure to install the system update to iOS 11 continues to appear after performing the above steps, refuse to download the update by air. Update the system through iTunes. So that when updating via iTunes there are no problems (for example, eternal reboot), the following conditions must be met:
- The device supports the latest firmware;
- There is a stable internet connection;
- The jailbreak procedure was not performed, that is, the installed system is not hacked.
To make sure your device is compatible with iOS 11, see the list of supported models. If you did not find your phone or tablet, then it makes no sense to try to install the latest version of the system from Apple.
What to do before starting the update:
- Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer (Help. Updates).
- See if there is enough free space on your computer for the new iPhone backup. Check your smartphone’s memory. the new OS weighs more than previous versions.
- Make a backup. Save it to iCloud or iTunes.
- Make sure the battery is more than 50% charged.
After such a long preparation, you can proceed to update the device via iTunes. Click “Update” and wait for the procedure to complete. iTunes will download and install the latest firmware on its own.
If iTunes cannot download and install the update, free it from this job. Download the iOS 11 firmware file from a trusted source. for example, w3bsit3-dns.com. To select a file, hold down the Shift key and click the Refresh button in iTunes. An explorer will appear through which you can specify the path to the firmware.
After a successful update, the system will prompt you to perform data recovery. Choose to return data from the copy to iCloud or to iTunes, depending on where you saved the last backup. Click “Restore from copy” and do not disconnect the device until the procedure is complete.
Update device with jailbreak
- Disable Find My iPhone in iCloud settings.
- Connect the phone to the PC, make a backup.
- Click Restore.
During the recovery process, all data will be deleted from the device’s memory, and the system will automatically update to the latest supported version. Jailbreak will be lost, but you will get iOS 11.