Unlocking the bootloader Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
If you are confidently using the Android operating system and MIUI firmware, then you most likely know that for this you need an unlocked Xiaomi bootloader. It provides many advantages on smartphones, such as:
- Significant facilitation of work with the device. you can install any scripts, modules and firmware.
- The ability to install unofficial recovery on a smartphone.
- Quick and hassle-free root access for an unlocked gadget that allows you to customize the gadget for yourself.
Before you install custom firmware on your Xiaomi, first make sure that the bootloader is unlocked. In this article we will answer the question “How to unlock bootloader” and why is it needed.
How to check bootloader lock
- Check via phone: Settings. About device. multiple tap on the menu item Kernel. Software version. In line “Fastboot lock state” the state of the bootloader will be written.
- Via a PC on Windows: first, the phone should boot in fastboot mode (power key, volume down key). to do this, connect your gadget to your computer. on the PC, click WinR. enter “Cmd”. in the command line field write Adb. press Enter. enter “Fastboot oem device-info”. The screen displays information about the bootloader verification status.
- Via a PC on Linux, Ubuntu: write in the terminal adb. then apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot. run the fastboot on the smartphone (power and volume down button). In field “Sudo fastboot devices” your device number will pop up in the field “Sudo fastboot oem device-info”. bootloader status. If you see the inscription “Waiting for device”, then try the operation again as administrator.
. Getting Permissions
In order to unlock the MIUI bootloader, you need to get permission to unlock it. To do this, go to en.miui.com/unlock and click on the button in the middle of the screen. Follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your account.
- Sometimes you can be transferred to the download page of the unlocking utility, and sometimes the site will require you to fill out an unlock form in English.
- Put a bird, confirm your choice.
- Enter the verification code from SMS in the appropriate field and click “Next”.
You will see a message stating that the application has been successfully submitted. Expect an answer either via SMS, or (which is best) regularly monitor the status of the application at miui.com/unlock/apply.php. This method is official, but sometimes there are some problems on Xiaomi. in this case, just reinstall the drivers and unlock the bootloader again.
Suppose that you received official permission from the developer, now it remains to answer the main question: how to unlock the bootloader.
- If at the end of the process you want to immediately install custom firmware, then download it immediately and save the archive in your smartphone.
- You need to download the utility for unlock bootloaders MiFlash Unlock (50 MB).
- Turn off the phone, then hold down the on / off button of the device and the volume down.
- Connect via USB the smartphone to the PC.
- Open MiFlash Unlock, agree to the rules by clicking the checkmark and accepting the conditions.
- Enter your personal Mi ID (not a phone number!) And your password. Log in.
- Wait for the program to detect the device and click “Unlock”.
- Done, you have unlocked the Xiaomi bootloader, and you can install any firmware.