TV Does Not Read Flash Drive Video
If you find that your TV does not play (most often it is mkv, avi), you do not need to immediately look for the causes of a malfunction of the device. In fact, the reason for this can be many factors that are not always related to equipment failure. Before taking the equipment for repair, you need to try to identify the cause of the breakdown yourself, especially since it is even beyond the power of an advanced user. It is worth contacting a telemaster if your attempts to establish a broadcast were unsuccessful.
TV is not intended for viewing files on a flash drive
For many, this may seem surprising, but even if a USB connection port is present, this does not mean that you can watch movies and clips recorded on a flash card or external drive. A logical question arises: “Why then do you need an entrance?” The answer is simple. it is intended solely to update the device software.
At the same time, turning for help to an experienced master who is professionally engaged in the repair of TVs, you can find a way out of the situation:
- Reflash your device. It is important to remember that not every model lends itself to this kind of upgrade. over, this should be done with great care. after all, one wrong step can lead to a complete breakdown of your TV.
- Go to the engineering menu. There are also certain difficulties. you can do this only with a special service console. Some users suggest performing this maneuver using two infrared diodes, but this path is very dangerous. Only professionals are recommended to entrust access to the engineering menu, since if you select the wrong function in it, you risk losing all the settings on the TV, as a result of which its functional and operational characteristics may be affected.
Interfering in the operation of technology is a dangerous undertaking, especially if your knowledge is limited only by how to turn it on and select the desired channel. Therefore, deciding on this serious step, entrust all the work to experienced telemasters.
TV does not read this format
If your device has the function of playing from USB-drives, but at some point you are faced with a problem when one of the usual file formats for computers and laptops does not play on the device. In this case, you can do the following:
- Process the file on the computer using a special program, converting it to another file supported by the device (mp4, mov).
- Use a special HDMI cable with which you can connect the TV to the computer. In this case, the screen will act as a monitor. the main thing is to properly configure the card and check the settings on the device itself.
You can also study the instructions, specifying which formats your TV supports.
The only way out is to update the software. There may be two options:
- First: if the TV has the ability to access the Internet and can independently update the software, then there will simply be no problems with flashing.
- Second: download the software from the official website of the manufacturer of the equipment and install it manually, following the instructions.
If you are not sure that you can cope with the task of updating the software yourself, call the service center.
Some models of modern LCD TVs (LG, Samsung, Sony, Philips) have parameters saved by the manufacturer that limit the size of playback files. It can be 1.5, 2, 3, 4 GB, depending on the brand and assembly.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to get around this restriction in order to watch movies in excellent quality, get an HDMI cable and connect a computer to the TV.
If your TV does not show some formats, but you cannot cope with this problem yourself, immediately call the Repair Center. The quality of our specialists is at their best, we carry out all the work quickly and efficiently:
- Perform the initial diagnosis of your device, identify problems.
- If necessary, install licensed software and all the necessary drivers.
- Let’s fix the TV settings, check your device’s support for certain formats.
- We will consult on file conversion issues, as well as on established restrictions on the size of the (if any).
Also, the reason why playback does not work can be the human factor. incorrectly recorded files on the media (while the is playing, but there is no sound when viewing), physical damage to the flash card, etc. If so, our specialist will diagnose these malfunctions.
In order to extend the life of the device, you must also carefully monitor its condition:
- Eliminate increased humidity in the room.
- Clean dust and other contaminants in a timely manner.
- Make sure that the software is not exposed to viruses. do not use suspicious media for this. If the TV has Internet access, take care of installing an antivirus program for your model.
It often happens that in the process of diagnosis, latent defects are detected that can lead to serious damage. Our craftsmen will repair your device and, if necessary, perform its routine maintenance.