Transfer Data From One Phone To Another
Sooner or later, you need to replace the old Android smartphone with a new one. But before sending the device to the shelf or finding another application by the phone, it is necessary to transfer the information to the new device to the accumulated information. In the article you will learn how to transfer data from android to android in the most convenient and affordable way.
Methods for transferring information from an Android phone
Since the interchangeability of smartphones among users is a frequent occurrence, there are a lot of ways to transfer information, conventionally divided into three categories:
- Standard tools.
- Third party services.
- Manual carry.
The first category includes built-in tools, implemented by the developer of the operating system or user interface. For example, the services of the owner of the Android OS. Google, preinstalled on all certified devices. Or large companies developing their own shell. For example, Xiaomi with the Mi Cloud service preinstalled in MIUI firmware.
Third-party services include mobile and desktop programs., created by Android device manufacturers, private companies or application developers.
Manual method, involves the transfer of data with in-depth user participation. Using tools not included in the first two categories.
Important! The methods in each category are focused on transferring a certain type of data. And the preferred method is affected by the ease of interaction, the type, quantity and amount of information transferred.
How to transfer data from android to android using standard tools
The principle of operation is based on automatic backup. In accordance with the settings and in the presence of the Internet, the data is synchronized and sent to the server for storage automatically. And since the content is tied to an account, just enter the username and password on the new device to get a copy of the content.
Media files can only be copied to a cloud drive with a fixed capacity. If your phone has a lot ofs, music and other massive files, you will have to buy additional space or use other transfer methods.
Below are three ways to transfer data using automatic backup.
Method 1. Transfer data from android to android via Google services
- To create a backup, the presence of Google services and an account is required.
- The recovery options are affected by the device type and version of Android. File transfer is not feasible or only partially if the data is transferred from a later version of the OS to an earlier version. For example, from Android 7.1 to 4.1 or 5.0, etc.
- For multimedia files, Google Drive cloud storage is used. The basic disk capacity is 15 GB.
- Application settings are copied to the server no more than 1 time per day. In this case, you need to connect the Android device to the mains and Wi-Fi. Also, do not use the phone for a couple of hours. If the device is inactive for 14 days, Google will delete the application data after 60 days. The term is automatically extended when activity resumes.
- Backup for some applications is not supported, because the developers did not activate this option.
Create a Google Account if you haven’t done so previously. Go to settings, open the “Accounts” section. Then select. Add a Google account. To complete the registration, follow the account creation wizard and enter the required data.
Activate the backup. In most devices without a modified interface, the parameter is called “Restore and Reset”. Activate the option, and also familiarize yourself with the type of data that will be saved. Next, select an account.
Important! To restore the contents of information on a new Android phone, you need to activate the “automatic recovery function.”
For multimedia files, go to the Google drive, click the “Add” button and specify the location of the files. Automatic upload of photos and images is available in the settings section.
Method 2. Transfer data from android to android using Mi Cloud
- Service is available only in MIUI firmware.
- To use Mi Cloud, you must first register a Mi account.
- The basic disk capacity is 5 GB.
- Create a Mi account if you haven’t done this before. Direct link to the registration page.
- In the system settings, open the Mi account section.
- Accept the user agreement, allow access to the service.
- Enter login and password.
- Mark the type of data that you want to save, and then back up it.
Method 3. Create a local backup on MIUI firmware
Local backup, does not save multimedia files: music,, photos, voice recorder recordings, etc.
- Open the system settings.
- Select the item additionally, then “Restore and reset”.
- Then. The item “Local backup”.
- In the new window, click on the “Backup” button and mark the type of data that you want to save. The “system settings” item includes: Wi-Fi network passwords, messages, call log, etc. The item “applications”. Data from third-party applications.
- For convenience, set a schedule to automatically create backups.
- After some time, which is affected by the amount of reserved information, a data folder will appear in the memory. Path: Miui. Backup. AllBackup. Transfer the folder to the cloud or to a computer, so that in the future you would copy it to a new device.
- To restore files, you should visit the section for creating backups, select a backup and click on the “restore” button.
Transfer data from one android to another android using third-party services
Information, including photos,s and music, is moved using the utility of a specific manufacturer: Motorola Migrate, Sony Xperia Transfer Mobile, HTC Transfer Tool, LG Mobile Switch or Samsung Smart Switch. Or programs written by application developers, for example. CLONEit. Batch Copy All Data.
The listed programs work on a similar principle. The user selects the data type, and then a new Android device, with the same program. Next, the application generates a copy of the files and sends to a new phone.
Method 1: Transfer files using the Motorola Migrate app
- Download the app on your old and new phone.
- Run the program and pair the two devices. Using the old machine, scan the QR code on the new phone.
- Select the type of data you need to send, and then the convenient way to send.
- Wait for the transferred files to finish.
Important! Motorola Migrate is not supported on Android 7 and later.
Method 2. How to transfer data from android to android using CLONEit
- Install and then run the applications on both phones.
- Activate Wi-Fi. On the old phone, click on the “send” button, and on the new “accept”.
- Wait for both Android devices to establish a connection.
- Select the files you need to send, and then the appropriate button to confirm
How to transfer data from android to android manually
Manual file transfer is useful when you want to transfer a certain type of information or a selective group of files. For example, music,, or application data. Over, sending is available directly to the new Android device, cloud storage or computer.
Method 1: Back Up Applications with Titanium Backup
The program allows you to selectively or completely create a copy of installed applications, or save only data, and then restore it to a new device. At the same time, on both smartphones you need to get ROOT rights. For details, visit the appropriate section of our resource.
- Open Titanium Backup on your old Android device.
- Click on the “Backups” tab.
- Select the application of interest, in the new window, click on the “Save” button. The backup will start automatically. For the duration of the creation of the river affects the amount of data.
- To transfer data, hold down the application item until the action window appears. Select Transfer Last Backup, and then the data type.
- In the next window, select the desired file transfer method: email, cloud disk, etc.
- If you want to make several backups, check the necessary applications. For a full backup, go to the Batch Actions section of the menu.
- By default, backups are saved in the “Titanium Backup” folder on the internal drive. Move the folder to the new device, then go into the program and restore the data of the necessary programs one by one. Or, through the “Batch Actions” section, restore all applications.
Important! Some programs are sometimes not restored correctly due to the hardware and software differences between the new and old smartphones.
Method 2: Copy files to the cloud
Cloud storage services offer 5-50 GB of free disk space. Sometimes this is enough to temporarily or permanently store some data, including photos, music or. To choose the best service, we recommend reading the appropriate material below.
- Activate Wi-Fi internet on your phone.
- Install the client of your preferred cloud storage service.
- Register an account and / or log in.
- To copy content, in the application, click the “Add” button, and then mark the necessary files.
- Install a similar client on a new phone, log in. Then go to the application and download the necessary information.
Highlight the necessary files, click on the “Share” button. In a new window, select the cloud drive and confirm the download.
Method 3. Transferring data to a computer
A convenient method of transferring data in case the old device is damaged. The screen is broken or the sensor does not respond.
- Connect the old phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- In the “USB configuration” section, select MPT.
- Wait for the removable drives to display. Then copy the necessary data to the computer.
- Then connect the new Android device and transfer the previously copied information.
Method 4. Transferring data to a computer via a Wi-Fi router
- Install Moto File Manager on your old phone.
- Connect your smartphone and computer to the Wi-Fi network.
- In the left hidden panel on the phone, select remote control, and then “connect”.
- Enter the displayed address on the PC in the address bar of the explorer.
- Transfer content from your old smartphone to your computer.
- At the end, stop the connection on the old phone, and then connect the new device to transfer data.
Method 5: Upload Files Using NFC
Important! Data exchange is possible provided that the old and new smartphones are equipped with an NFC module.
- Open the system settings of both phones. Expand hidden sections to view additional items.
- Activate the NFC module and the Android Beam function, for the possibility of exchanging data.
- Select the files you want to transfer, such as photos. Click on the “Share” button, and then select via NFC.
- Attach the old phone to the new one. Confirm receipt of files if necessary.
Method 6. Transferring files using Bluetooth
- Open the settings for both devices.
- In the Bluetooth section, set the switch to active.
- On the old phone, prepare the files for sending, select and click on the “Share” button.
- In the new window, select “Bluetooth”.
- Activate discovery on the new device.
- On the old phone, wait until the name of the new device appears, and then select the device.
- If necessary, confirm the acceptance of files on the new Android smartphone.
Method 7. Transferring files using a memory card
If the old and new smartphones support the installation of MicroSD cards, just transfer the information to the drive and then install the card in a new device.
Important! Do not use these methods if the Adoptable storage function has been activated on the old phone.
- Insert the memory card into the old device.
- Open the file manager.
- Go to the internal memory of the device, select the necessary data and transfer it to the memory card.
- When finished, remove the memory card and install it in a new device. If necessary, use the file manager to transfer information from the microSD card to the internal section of the phone.
Method 8. Transferring files using the OTG adapter
If the new or old device does not support the installation of a microSD card, you should use the OTG adapter to connect the drive externally.
- Insert the microSD card into the card reader. Card reader, and then into the USB connector of the OTG adapter.
- Connect the assembled structure to the old telephone.
- Open the file manager and transfer the data to a removable drive.
- When finished, disconnect the drive and connect to the new phone. Open the file manager and transfer the data to internal memory.
Method 9. Use Android applications to transfer data
Another effective method of transferring information is data transfer programs. It works provided that the Wi-Fi and / or Bluetooth modules are working on both devices.
- Install one of the programs from the article “Android applications for data transfer” on both devices.
- On the transmitting device, select the files, and then click on the “Send” button or on the button with the corresponding function.
- On the receiving device, press the accept button. Or use the QR code.
- Next, indicate the recipient on the transmitting device. A little time, and the information is successfully copied to a new device.
” alt =”How to transfer data from android to android”
For quick and convenient transfer of important information, use standard backup. This will make it easy to change the device, as well as save time on setting up and entering additional information.
If the standard method does not suit, or does not fit, then use third-party services.
Volumetric files: music, or images, it is better to transfer to a cloud drive, to a computer or directly to a new device. Also, with ROOT rights, a quick and convenient application transfer is available using the Titanium Backup utility.
If you still have questions, then in the block below “User Comments” you can ask the author a question, leave a comment or share your experience. We will try to answer.
Was the article helpful to you?
Rate it. Support the project!
(32 ratings, average: 3.69 out of 5)