Transfer Contacts From Iphone To Sim
If you often change the phone, and there is no time to transfer numbers using synchronization or other methods, then it is rational to keep a copy of the contacts on the SIM card. Learn how to make a copy of contacts from this article.
In versions of Android 6-7 and higher, smartphone makers install the Google Contacts app. The program does not support moving or copying contacts to a SIM card. As a solution, it remains to look for a third-party application for contacts, which supports the function of moving contacts.
Why keep a copy of your contacts on your SIM card
It is rational to keep contacts on a SIM card in the following cases:
- When using multiple phones or smartphones in turn.
- To prevent adding new numbers.
- When you need to do a complete data cleaning, but the Internet to restore contacts, no.
- When contacting a service center.
- If you want to use a regular phone that does not support transferring contacts over a wireless network or the Internet.
- When replacing SIM cards.
Instructions on how to transfer contacts to a SIM card. Instructions for Android 4
- Open the Directory or Phonebook application, where phone numbers are stored.
- Find and click on the button with a drop-down list of parameters.
- Select Import / Export. If the item is missing, click on “Settings”.
- Next. “Export to SIM card”.
- In the new window, mark the contacts that you want to transfer. Please note that the memory of the SIM card is limited and more often than not it can accommodate more than 250 numbers.
- After selecting numbers, click on the “Export” button. The phone will inform you that some of the information. music, photography, additional notes will not be saved. Confirm the action and wait for the procedure to complete.
So, following these simple 6 steps according to the instructions, you will completely copy the contacts from the phone to the SIM card.
Instructions for Android 7
Open the Contacts app.
In the upper right corner, click on the button with three dots to view hidden menu items.
In the drop-down list, select the “Import / Export” option.
Next, select “Export to SIM card.” If the SIM card is not installed or does not work, the corresponding item will not appear in the list of actions.
Grant the application permission to work.
Select the contacts that you want to transfer, and then click on the “Export” button.
A warning appears that the transfer of contacts to the SIM card is possible while retaining only some information. Click “OK”, then continue.
Export will begin immediately, after which you can leave the application.
” alt =”How to transfer contacts from phone to SIM card”
Transferring contacts on different phone models and on different versions of Android OS may vary. But most often the procedure is performed in the following way:
- Open the contact list
- Look for settings or options on the contact screen (a button can be designated as a menu, or three vertical dots)
- In the settings, look for the tab “Export” or “export contacts”
- Then select the contacts you want to export and indicate the place where to export (for example, “to SIM”).
Some phone models cannot transfer contacts.
The contact file is stored at /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases.
At the same time, access to the file without superuser rights is impossible. The easiest and most affordable way to retrieve contacts without root privileges is described in the “Import / Export Phonebook” instructions.
Contacts are synchronized with the account. Gmail inbox. Synchronized contacts are located at contacts.google.com. See the Google Contacts article for more details.
You must first export contacts to a file with the.vcf extension. How to prepare the file and transfer via USB is described in detail in the instructions “Import / Export Phonebook“.
- Open the directory application.
- Go to the settings or the “Import / Export” menu.
- Select “Import Contacts”.
- Indicate where to import contacts. the phone, as well as the source of the import, for example a SIM card.
- Mark the contacts that you want to transfer and confirm the import.
- Open the directory application.
- Press the button with three stripes or dots.
- Select the settings section.
- In a new window. SIM card memory.
Important! The name of the items in different phone models, as well as the procedure may vary.
If you still have questions or something did not work out, then ask questions in the comments to the article and we will try to answer you. If you know other ways to quickly move contacts from your phone to a SIM card, then write your method in the comments to this article, maybe it will be suitable for other users.
Was the article helpful to you?
Rate it. support the project!
(48 ratings, average: 3.98 out of 5)