The Touch Screen Does Not Work Properly
There are a number of ways to correct an increased or decreased sensitivity of the touch screen, an unpredictable reaction, or a lack of response to touch.
If you have pasted a protective film on the screen of the device, make sure that it adheres tightly to it and that there is no dust, air bubbles or water under it.
Remove the protective cover from the device to check that they do not interfere with the operation of the touch screen.
Wipe the screen with a clean, dry cloth. Use the touch screen with clean and dry hands.
Overheating of the device may impair the operation of the touch screen. If the device overheats, let it cool, and then check the operation of the touch screen.
Forced device shutdown
- Remove the cover of the micro / SIM card holder.
- Using the tip of a pen or similar object, press and hold the power button.
- After the device vibrates several times at short intervals, release the power button. The device will turn off automatically.
Do not use sharp objects that could damage the power button.
Turn on the device
- Press and hold the power key until the phone vibrates.
- Wait until the device starts up.
Disable Gloved Mode
- Go to the Home screen and tap.
- Find and tap Settings Display.
- Drag the slider to the left next to Gloved Mode.
Enabling Safe Mode
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the power key.
- When the Xperia ™ logo appears, release the power key, then press and hold the volume down key until Safe Mode appears on the screen.
To exit safe mode, restart the device.
Removing an application from the application screen
- Touch any area on the apps screen and hold your finger until the device vibrates. All applications that can be removed are indicated by.
- Select the application you want to uninstall, and then tap UNINSTALL.
Some applications marked with cannot be uninstalled. However, they can be disabled. When you turn off the application, all relevant data is deleted, but the application can be turned on again in the Options menu Applications
- Find and tap Settings Support.
- Click the Verifications tab, and then select a test from the list.
- Follow the instructions to complete the test, then tap the checkmark or notification icon, depending on whether the test passed or not.
Backing up data using a computer
- Make sure the Xperia ™ Companion for Windows or Mac OS is installed on your PC or Mac®.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- On a computer: Open the Xperia ™ Companion app. After a while, the computer will detect your device.
- Select Backup on the home screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to back up.
Software Recovery with Xperia ™ Companion
Before restoring software, make sure you remember your Google ™ credentials. Depending on the security settings, you may need to enter them to start the device after restoring the software.