The computer does not see HDMI cable from the TV
Why is there no image on a TV from a computer through an HDMI cable (laptop)
In some cases, after connecting the TV to the computer, or a laptop via HDMI cable, the image simply does not appear on the TV. Rarely, but it happens that there is a sound according to HDMI, but there is no image on the TV. Although, it seems to me that most often they are faced with the reverse problem when there is an image, but no sound by HDMI.
In this article, we will try to figure out exclusively the problem of the image of the image by HDMI cable. It seems to be simple there, connected a TV with a computer, chose the desired entrance on the TV, and if necessary, then on the computer we also choose the necessary mode of output of the picture. And in theory, everything should already work. Instead we see the inscription “no signal” on the TV.
Before moving on to some tips, watch the instructions for connecting the TV with the computer by HDMI:
If you do everything according to the instructions, but there is no result, and the image on the TV never appeared, now we will understand.
Preparation: Check the HDMI ports on the TV and computer, select the cable
First you need to check if there are the necessary ports on our devices. We also need HDMI cable to connect. Let’s look at more and more. If you have everything, you can move directly to the connection and setup.
Laptop Not Displaying on TV or Only Shows Background/Desktop Fix
- HDMI Entrance on the TV is usually on the side face, or on the rear panel (sometimes there and there). They must be signed and numbered. They look like this (on the left of Philips, on the right LG): If there is at least one such port on your TV, then everything will work out.
- Then look at the back panel of your computer (I have a system unit). There we need to find HDMI output. HDMI can be like on the motherboard (built.In graphics on new boards). So on the models. But, even if you have this port on the motherboard (as in my photo below). And there is a separate discrete video card with HDMI output, then the TV must be connected to the video card. I took a photo of the system unit in a horizontal position. In my case, the TV can be connected to the HDMI output on the video card.If your computer does not have an HDMI output, but there is DVI, then you can buy an adapter DVI-HDMI. And if there is only an old VGA, then you can also use the vga-hdmi adapter, but then the sound will not be displayed on the TV, since the VGA is not a digital output. If you want to simultaneously connect a TV and monitor to the computer, you will need either two HDMI, or HDMI and DVI. We also need the corresponding cables.
- HDMI Cable must be necessary for us. If I’m not mistaken, then they are up to 20 meters. If you do not have a separate cable, then you can use the one that the monitor is connected. If it is connected to your HDMI. I have such a cable: the most ordinary, inexpensive cable.
If you have ports on both devices and there is a cable, then you can connect.
To see what the output mode is worth it: you need to click on the combination of the Win keys and the English key “P”. After that you should see sweat such a window. Select one of the last three options. But this is best. “duplication” and “only projector”.
Try to disconnect everything that you can. Including all tv receivers, USB drives. This also applies to connections through AV ports. In general, turn off. Everything!
On LG TVs, there is a function that allows you to control the connections. But she interferes. Click on the remote control button with the house icon, then select “Settings”. “Dop. Settings ”-“ General ”-we flip down to the function“ Simplink (HDMI-CEC) ”
Changes in the screen frequency
- Right button click on the desktop. Two squares with inscriptions 1 and 2 should be displayed there. 1 is your computer or laptop, and 2 is a TV.
- Now you need to go into the properties of the second display to go to the “Monitor” tab and install a friend’s frequency. If your TV operates at a frequency of 60 Hz, then we put this. Sometimes you need to install 25 Hz to work on old TVs. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
- In the line “screen” you need to choose a second image. So that it is in front.
- We go to the “Additional Parameters”. “Monitor” tab. We set the desired frequency and click “Apply”.
Installation of drivers and checking
And so, let me remind you that HDMI exit directly from the video card. No matter the built.In or separate. Our task is to establish newer drivers.
- Immediately select the first point and wait until the system finds a new driver on Microsoft servers. If there is a driver, install it. But it does not always work to update in this way. Sometimes the system does not find anything and you see the message that the driver does not need to update. In fact, he just didn’t find him.
- To install the exact driver, you need to find out the name of your video card. As you probably could notice, the name is displayed there in the “Device Manager”. Next, just write it into the search engine and download the driver from the official site.
- Do not forget to indicate the operating system. Download only the latest version of the driver and full pack. After downloading, install and reboot the device.
If this did not help and there is still no image on the TV, then try another port at the TV and at the laptop (if it is). Otherwise, you need to take some other wire, perhaps the one that you use is broken or not compatible according to the standards. The cable can be checked by connecting another laptop or computer to it.
The procedure for connecting a television receiver to a PC or laptop through an integration
- We connect the HDMI cord to your laptop or computer. If you have a laptop, the connectors are on the side panel. If a computer, look for in the back of the system unit.
- The other end of the cable is inserted into the connector, which is located in the rear of the TV.
- On the remote control from the TV, click the button that is responsible for the choice of the source of the signal displayed on the screen.
Sound setting by HDMI for TV in Windows 7 and Windows 10
In Windows 10, these settings look exactly the same.
Connect your computer with a TV using HDMI cable. Select on TV the hdmi entrance as source that the image from the computer appears. Check if the sound is turned off on the TV itself.
Further, on the computer, click on the mouse button on the sound control icon on the notification panel. Select the “PHEASE DEVICES” item.
How to Connect Laptop to TV using HDMI. Easy & Fun
To open these settings in Windows 10, you must first go into the sound parameters and there you can go to the “sound control panel” there.
In the new window, in the list of available devices, you will see your TV, or the Digital Audio (HDMI) device. For example, Philips. You can have LG, Samsung, Sony, etc. D. Click on it with the right mouse button, and select “use by default”.
Everything, the sound will work on the TV. The device we have chosen will be used by default. Click OK to close the window.
As you can see, it was just necessary to change the playback device, and the sound immediately began to sound from the TV. In the same way, you can switch back to the speakers of the laptop, or speakers. After disconnecting the HDMI cable, the sound will automatically sound from the speakers. And when you repeatedly connect the TV, the sound itself will work on HDMI.
If you need to simultaneously display the sound to the computer columns and the speakers of the TV, you can try to configure everything according to this instructions.
If the picture is displayed when connecting, but there is no sound, then the problem is either in the wrong settings or in the use of adapters without an audio intake.
The sound is set up on PC as follows.
- Windows 7.8. PKM in the sound icon in the tray of “playback devices”, the “playback” tab, select the connected TV and confirm the “apply” button.
- Windows 10. PKM in the tray on the sound icon “Open sound parameters”, “sound”, “select the output device”. Indicate the speakers of the TV.
If the problem has not left, then check the volume on both devices, as well as in the player. It will not be superfluous to check and update the driver to the sound card by analogy with how this is done for the video card.
The main causes of problems and their elimination
If a computer or laptop does not see TV through HDMI. This can be explained by the following factors:
- When connecting the equipment, errors were made.
- Cable or connector damaged.
- Inappropriate drivers are installed on the device.
- The wrong external display settings have been selected.
- The graphic processor failed.
To determine why PC does not see HDMI. Cable. Should act according to this algorithm:
- Inspect the wires for damage. And also evaluate the correctness of the connection.
- Check the settings on all devices.
- Make sure that the operating system does not have malicious files and viruses.
- Diagnose ports.
- Update video card drivers.
If the content of the content was carried out without failures, but then the synchronization broke off, perhaps the cable was damaged. In most cases, malfunctions occur when the plug is incorrectly connected or randomly pulled. Breakdown of a mechanical nature arise less often.
To exclude interruptions, it is necessary to correctly calculate the length of the cable. In addition, if the HDMI integrates does not see the TV. Make sure that it is installed correctly.
Not tuned TV
Before you start repairing the HDMI cable, you should check the TV settings. After all, in some devices there is no function of automatic selection of the transmission source. And especially if you have chosen other parameters before that. Therefore, first of all, try to change the settings using the control panel and change the sources by selecting from the “HDMI” list.
To fix the error, adhere to this sequence of actions:
- Insert one side of HDMI. Cord into the port of the TV (it can be placed on the rear panel or side). And the reverse plug in a suitable laptop connector or personal computer.
- Using the remote control, click on the signal source choice key. It can be called “Source” or “Input” depending on the characteristics of the model and brand. And after displaying available connection options, go to the HDMI item.
- Open the TV settings to determine the connector. Over, modern technology has 2, 3 or 4 entrances with the corresponding digital designation. Activate the intense into which you inserted the plug. And to switch between ports, I use suitable keys or numbers 2 and 8.
- To save the parameters, click on the OK or Enter key. And if there are no buttons, find the “Apply/Apply” button on the screen and sink to it using navigation elements.
On many remote controls there is a “HDMI” key that simplifies the choice of the right source.
If difficulties occur at the setting stage, you should familiarize yourself with the instructions that were sold with TV. Because it describes in detail all the features of the synchronization of devices through different intenses.
Incorrect monitor settings
If the connector is selected correctly and the cable is completely working, try checking the PC or portable device settings. Often, errors in display arise due to inappropriate system parameters. To check the settings, be guided by the next algorithm of action:
- Choose a free space on the desktop and click on the right key.
- In the section that opens, select the “screen resolution” item or “graphic characteristics”.
- Determine the method of transmitting data on an external monitor and establish a suitable resolution.
Turning on the demonstration settings on the laptop is much easier. To do this, it is enough to squeeze the FN F4 combination, after which the system will automatically determine the resolution.
The problem with the video card
Damage to the graphic processor is a common cause of problems in designing an image from a computer. If the “no signal” error appears on the screen, try to update the drivers. You can download the software package through the official website of the manufacturer. You can also use the standard Windows tools, acting on this principle:
- Open the “control panel”.
- Choose “Device Manager”.
- Go to the “video adapters” section and find the item “Update the drivers”.
- The system will offer 2 update options: via the Internet or root storage.
- The installation process is carried out in the background.
Non.Working port of the connection
All integrates and connectors often fail due to mechanical breakdowns or closing contacts. It is known that the careless operation of technology or voltage jumps cause problems with the demonstration of the picture on the external monitor. At the same time, experts recommend connecting only in cases if the equipment is disconnected from the mains.
During operation, the HDMI connector wears out and oxidizes. Therefore, the technique cannot determine the connection. And to eliminate the error, you should use professional help and convey the HDMI connector for soldering.
Sometimes synchronization errors are associated with the lack of additional power on the computer graphic processor. In this case, it will be more difficult to find the cause of the failures.
Viruses on the computer
Sometimes a computer does not see a TV through HDMI due to the presence of viruses in the system and malicious applications. Such an error is rare, but it cannot be excluded.
In order to protect PC, tablet or laptop from viral files, you should install a good antivirus. At the same time, it is not necessary to buy a paid subscription, because for the basic check of the system the free version is suitable. Its validity is limited to 30 days.