Special Features Samsung A5
To work with settings “Special abilities” follow the path: “Settings / Accessibility”. In this section, all the necessary functions for the interaction of people with disabilities with the device are collected and distributed according to the headings.
Settings Dialog “Special abilities”, looks standard. First line: left button “Go up”. returns to the previous screen. In the center is the window title and on the right edge. button “Search. Below is a list of settings.
Settings Section “Accessibility contains categories:
- “Lack of coordination and interaction”;
This category contains settings for people with vision problems.
- “Voice assistant”. the screen reader installed on the device by default.
- “Voice Assistant Help”. When the Voice Assistant screen access program is turned on, the gesture simulator becomes available.
- “Dark screen”. To ensure privacy and save battery, do not forget to turn off the device’s screen. To enable or disable this feature, press the key twice. “Nutrition”.
- Switch setting “Fast keyboard input” in position “On” Allows you to enter characters from the Samsung keyboard by touching the keys once. When the switch is off, characters are entered using a gesture “Double touch”;
- “Voice NFC Tag”. using this function, you can create voice tags to subsequently read information from the object on which the tag was (see the application section “NFC Tag Recording”)
- “Screen and Font Scale”. resizes the font and image on the screen.
- “High contrast font”. sets a high contrast font.
- “Contrast keyboard”. adjust the size and color of the keyboard buttons.
- “Display button shapes”. control buttons become more visible.
- “Magnifier window”. enlarges the image on the screen.
- “Increase”. using gestures, magnifies and scales individual areas of the screen.
- “Large pointer above the touch panel”. makes the cursor more visible.
- “Negative”. inverts the color on the screen.
- “Color adjustment”. adjusts the display of colors on the screen.
This category contains settings for people with hearing problems.
Here you can turn off all sounds, turn on the flash for notifications and subtitles, adjust the sound balance and much more.
Lack of coordination and interaction
This category contains settings for people with motor problems.
In this category, you can set up a universal switch to interact with the phone using head movements, blinking, or using external accessories. Touch delay, interaction control and more.
- “Text to speech”. opens access to the choice and settings of the speech synthesizer (see section “Language and input”)
- “Direction Lock”. unlock the screen with a sequence of directions drawn with your finger. Create a graphic key to unlock the smartphone. For people with vision problems is not of interest.
- “Direct access”. setting the switch to “On” allows by pressing the key three times “Home” or simultaneous keystrokes “Nutrition” and “Volume up” Quickly launch the selected service, for example, TalkBack. It is possible to select several services, but in this case, users with complete loss of vision will not be able to choose a service when opening direct access. The choice of one service is recommended.
- “Label specials. Of opportunities”. To start the selected service, press and hold both volume keys for three seconds. In point “Service for quick access” It is recommended that you select the service you want, for example TalkBack.
- “Notification reminder”. if you set the switch to “On”, if there are unread notifications, a sound signal and vibration will be played at regular intervals.
- “Answer and end calls”. allows you to receive phone calls with a single key press “Home”, voice command, or automatic answer after two seconds. To select one or more options, set the switch to “On”. To end a call using the key “Nutrition” set the switch to “On” on the relevant paragraph.
- “Single tap mode”. when you set this switch, you can turn off the alarm and other sound signals by pressing the power button.
- “Accessibility settings backup”. You can create an accessibility settings file for import and export, or transfer to another device.
This category contains application icons that require additional permission to access accessibility features, for example, “Brailleback”assistant “Dusya” etc.
- “Talkback”. an alternative screen access program, more familiar to most visually impaired users. For detailed configuration of this service, see “Talkback”.
- “Voice acting on click”. This function is intended for visually impaired users. An icon appears on the screen in the lower right corner, the activation of which allows you to select and listen to any amount of information. In this case, the screen access program is unloaded.
- “Switch access”. provides users with impaired motor function the ability to control the smartphone using external switches or a physical keyboard.