Sony Playstation 4 Pro Installation
How to start using PlayStation VR.
Where to begin
If you bought a new PS4 system with your PlayStation VR (PS VR) headset, first set up your PS4 system by following the on-screen instructions and then turn off the system before setting up your PS VR headset. For more detailed instructions, see the PlayStation 4 user guide.
Below you will find instructions to help you get ready for use and set up your PS VR headset. First determine the model number of your PS VR headset using these prompts.
- Sliding cover on the processor module.
- The serial number on the back of the processor module starts with P01 / P02.
- The power button is located on the built-in remote control.
- Non-opening processor module.
- The serial number on the back of the processor module starts with P03.
- The power button is on the bottom of the headset glasses.
PlayStation VR Package Contents
How to connect everything
First make sure the PS4 system and the TV are turned off.
- Connect the processor module to the TV using the HDMI cable that came with the PS4 system. If the PS4 system is connected to the TV, disconnect the HDMI cable from the PS4 system and connect it to the processor module.
- Connect the PS Camera to the PS4 system. Position the PlayStation Camera (PS Camera) approximately 1.4 m from the floor. Learn more about setting up your PS Camera here.
- Connect the HDMI cable (1) to the connectors on the back of the PS4 system and processor module. If you are using a different HDMI cable, make sure that the markings on the packaging indicate that it supports a standard of at least HDMI 1.4.
- Connect the USB cable (2) to the connectors on the back of the processor module and on the front of the PS4 system.
- Plug the power cord into the AC adapter (3) and into a wall outlet.
- Close the processor module connection cover and connect the VR headset connection cable (4).
- Connect the VR headset (5) to the VR headset cable (4).
- Turn on the TV, then turn on the power of the PS4 system using the DualShock 4 controller.
- Press the power button on the integrated remote control on the VR headset cable (4).
- At this point, you may be asked to update your PlayStation VR device software.
- You are now ready to start configuring your device. It is best to follow the instructions on the screen, but the necessary actions are listed here too:
Headset and camera setup
We know that you can’t wait to start the game, but it’s very important to set everything up correctly in order to get the best experience from the game.
- Position the PS Camera at a height of about 1.4 m from the floor and about 2 m from where you will sit or stand while playing.
- The image from the PS Camera appears on the TV. Rotate the camera so that the surface on which it stands does not get into the frame.
- Stay where you are playing with PS VR to be in the center of the screen and grab your DualShock 4 (DS4) controller, PS VR scope controllers, or PS Move motion controller. It is very important to make sure that the PS Camera can place the controllers at the correct virtual reality points.
- If you and the controllers are not in the center of the screen when you click Continue, or if there is someone else in the game area, you may have to repeat step 3.
- If you still cannot configure the camera, this may be due to the fact that the room is too brightly lit. Learn how to prepare your virtual reality room and try again.
To reconfigure the PS Camera, go to the [Settings] menu [Devices] [PlayStation VR] [Adjust PlayStation Camera] on the PS4 system.
Almost ready! Now make sure that the headset is as comfortable as possible for you. Follow the instructions here or select [Settings] [Devices] [PlayStation VR].
- Turn on the headset (I).
- If you are using headphones, put them on (do not mix headphones for the right and left ear!) And connect to the stereo headphone jack (H). Do not make the sound in the game too loud (K L). Warning that any type of Bluetooth headphone is not compatible with PS VR. use wired headphones.
- Before putting on the headset for the first time, remove the protective film from the lenses.
- Holding the headset by the headband (A) and not by the glasses (the part where the blue indicators are located), press the headband lock button (E) and pull the front of the headset forward.
- Put the headset on your head and release the headband lock button.
- Tighten the headband using the adjustment knob (D), enough so that the headset does not move on the head, but does not squeeze the head.
- Adjust the position of the glasses, gently holding them by the edges and moving them a little, until you find a comfortable position with the sharpest image on the screen.
- If you are using headphones with a headband, put them on (do not mix headphones for the right and left ear!) And connect to the stereo headphone jack (H). Do not make the sound in the headphones too loud (K L). Warning that any type of Bluetooth headphone is not compatible with PS VR. use wired headphones.
- To remove the headset, press the headband lock button (E) and extend the headband (A).
- Lift the headset by the headband.
The same instructions are in the PS4 system, in the [Settings] section. [Devices] [PlayStation VR] [Putting on the VR headset].
Vision Glasses and PS VR Headset
The VR headset can be worn over your regular glasses, but make sure your glasses do not touch the lens of the headset.
If you notice that the image in PS VR is blurry or blurry when you look through your glasses, try to take them off and adjust the position of the headset glasses before starting the game. Try playing with and without your glasses to determine how you can best see.