Slows Laptop Lenovo Windows 8 1
Greetings to all readers!
I think I will not be mistaken if I say that at least half of laptop users (and ordinary computers) are not satisfied with the speed of their work. It happens, you look, two laptops with the same characteristics. they seem to work at the same speed, but in reality one slows down and the other just “flies”. This difference can be for various reasons, but most often due to the not optimized operation of the OS.
In this article, we will consider how to speed up a laptop with Windows 7 (8, 8.1). By the way, we will proceed from the fact that your laptop is working properly (i.e. everything is in order with the glands inside it). And so, go ahead.
1. Acceleration of the laptop due to power settings
Modern computers and laptops have several shutdown modes:
Us in this matter is most interested in sleep mode. If you work on a laptop several times a day, then it makes no sense to turn it off and on again each time. Each turn on of the PC is equivalent to several hours of its operation. It is not critical for a computer if it will work without shutting down for several days (or more).
Therefore, advice number 1. do not turn off the laptop, if today you will work with it. it is better to just put it into sleep mode. By the way, sleep mode can be turned on in the control panel so that the laptop switches to this mode when the lid is closed. There you can set a password to exit sleep mode (except for you, no one will know what you are currently working on).
To set the sleep mode. go to the control panel and go to the power settings.
Control Panel.system and safety. power settings (see screenshot below).
system and safety
Then, in the section “Defining power buttons and enabling password protection”, set the necessary settings.
System power settings.
Now, you can simply close the lid of the laptop and it will go into sleep mode, or you can simply select this mode in the “shutdown” tab.
Putting your laptop / computer to sleep (Windows 7).
Conclusion : as a result, you can quickly resume your work. Isn’t it accelerating the laptop tens of times ?!
2. Disable visual effects speed and virtual memory settings
A rather significant load can be exerted by visual effects, as well as a file used for virtual memory. To configure them, you need to go into the computer’s performance settings.
First, go to the control panel and enter the word “performance” in the search bar, or you can find the tab “Configuring the presentation and performance of the system” in the “system” section. Open this tab.
In the “visual effects” tab, put the switch in the “provide the best performance” mode.
In the tab, we are additionally interested in the swap file (the so-called virtual memory). The main thing is that this file is located on the wrong section of the hard drive on which Windows 7 (8, 8.1) is installed. The size usually leaves the default, as the system chooses.
3. Setting startup programs
In almost every guide to optimizing Windows and speeding up your computer (almost all authors) recommend disabling and removing all unused programs from startup. This guide will not be an exception.
1) Press the WinR button combination. and enter the msconfig command. See the picture below.
2) In the window that opens, select the “Startup” tab and uncheck all programs that are not needed. I especially recommend disabling the checkboxes with Utorrent (decently loads the system) and heavy programs.
4. Speeding up a laptop with hard drive
1) Disabling the indexing option
This option can be disabled if you do not use the file search on the disk. For example, I practically do not use this feature, so I advise you to disable it.
To do this, go to “my computer” and go to the properties of the desired hard drive.
Next, in the “general” tab, uncheck the option “Allow indexing.” and click “OK”.
2) Enabling caching
Caching can significantly speed up work with the hard drive, and therefore generally speed up the laptop. To enable it, first go to the disk properties, then go to the “hardware” tab. In this tab, you need to select the hard drive and go to its properties. See screenshot below.
Next, in the “policy” tab, check the box “Allow caching of records for this device” and save the settings.
5. Cleaning your hard drive from garbage defragmentation
In this case, garbage refers to temporary files that are used by Windows 7, 8 at a certain point in time, and then they are not needed. The OS is not always able to delete such files on its own. As their number grows, the computer may begin to work more slowly.
It is best to clean the hard drive of “junk” files using some kind of utility (there are a lot of them, here are the top 10: https://pcpro100.info/luchshie-programmyi-dlya-ochistki-kompyutera-ot-musora/).
In order not to repeat yourself, you can read about defragmentation in this article: https://pcpro100.info/defragmentatsiya-zhestkogo-diska/
I personally like the utility B oostSpeed.
After starting the utility. just click one button. scan the system for problems.
After scanning, click the fix button. the program fixes registry errors, removes useless junk files, defragment your hard drive! After a reboot. the speed of the laptop increases even “by eye”!
In general, it is not so important which utility you use. the main thing is to regularly perform such a procedure.
6. A few more tips for speeding up your laptop
1) Choose a classic theme. It consumes less resources than a laptop, which means it contributes to its speed.
2) Disable gadgets, and indeed use their minimum number. Most of them have dubious benefits, but they load the system decently. Personally, I had a weather gadget for a long time, and it blew it, as in any browser it is also displayed.
3) Delete unused programs, well, it makes no sense to install programs that you won’t use.
4) Regularly clean the hard drive of debris and defragment it.
5) Also regularly check your computer with an antivirus program. If you do not want to install an antivirus, that is, there are options with online checking: https://pcpro100.info/kak-proverit-kompyuter-na-virusyi-onlayn/
In general, such a small set of measures, in most cases, helps me optimize and speed up the work of most laptops running Windows 7, 8. Of course, there are rare exceptions (when there are problems not only with the programs, but also with the hardware of the laptop).